Community > Posts By > skypoetone

skypoetone's photo
Wed 01/28/09 11:20 AM
Only two Grimsby's in the world and I've been lucky (or unfortunate) to feel the earth under my feet of both. Lol

skypoetone's photo
Mon 01/19/09 03:15 PM
Where are all the pro-christians on this thread?

I guess they must be less sheeple over here than I thought...

Not even a single Apologist (and God knows they have more than enough to apologise to). explode

skypoetone's photo
Fri 01/16/09 02:01 PM
I would not trust the bible on ANYTHING, let alone to be an authority on rape!

Btw, on another site I opened a debate on male and female circumcision and was horrified to learn about the way women were/are grossly disrespected, it is almost castration.

skypoetone's photo
Thu 01/08/09 10:37 AM

All I want to know is why Krisma is tempting me to go a whoring?

Why, isn't that off topic?

Hey TBRisch, is that a dirt road you’re standing on or is it all in your mind? Lol :tongue:

skypoetone's photo
Wed 01/07/09 02:28 PM
Edited by skypoetone on Wed 01/07/09 02:28 PM

2Tim 4:2 "Preach the Word; be prepared in season and out of season; correct, rebuke and encourage--with great patience and careful instruction.
2 Tim 4:3 For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear.
2 Tim 4:4 They will turn their ears away from the truth and turn aside to myths."

And not answering questions asked of you in this thread is being "Prepared"? Yes?

skypoetone's photo
Wed 01/07/09 02:06 PM

If you wish to paint God as a monster, that is your misfortunate outlook and not my own. I will not have that lie told without countering it.

The "lies" are those written by man, only the best were contributed to form the bible. Where there is any perpetual truth... you will never KNOW.

Time will tell...

Do not hide behind self-preservation; the garment is flimsy and transparent.

skypoetone's photo
Wed 01/07/09 01:49 PM
If you wish to paint God as a monster, that is your misfortunate outlook and not my own. I will not have that lie told without countering it.

The "lies" are those written by man, only the best were contributed to form the bible. Where there is any perpetual truth... you will never KNOW.

skypoetone's photo
Wed 01/07/09 01:43 PM
There’s a Danish proverb...

I'll stick to ZEN influenced. :)

Languid is the mind
to narrow thoughts

The righteous equivalent
of pipe dreams

Anger maketh the block
and the block unbalance you

Use free will
to lighten the darkness

Explore forbidden corners
of nightmares

Conviction maketh the being
and the being balance you

skypoetone's photo
Wed 01/07/09 12:57 PM

God is not angry at ME. If he's angry at you, I strongly urge you to speak with him.

REALUnconditional Love never retains anger; I strongly urge you to show what Christianity means.

It obviously eludes you.

skypoetone's photo
Wed 01/07/09 12:36 PM
"God is not angry"

Your words, categorically. Yet you don't read them in your bible... I think you lose all credibility my friend! sad

skypoetone's photo
Wed 01/07/09 12:23 PM
Edited by skypoetone on Wed 01/07/09 12:24 PM
God is not angry, vindictive, or vain.

God anger:

Exodus 20:5 introduces us to the nature of God, who God is. It says, "Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them nor serve them [speaking of idols] for I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me." "For the Lord thy God is a jealous God among you lest the anger of the Lord thy God be kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth."

(Deuteronomy 6:15). "For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward' (Deuteronomy 10: 17). You can not bribe God, he will deal swiftly with people and execute judgment. Deuteronomy 29:27, 28 says, "And the anger of the Lord was kindled against this land, to bring upon it all the curses that are written in the book: and the Lord drove them out of their land in [banger, and in wrath, and in great indignation, and cast them into another land, as it is this day." "Then my anger shall be kindled against them in that day, and I will forsake them, and I will hide my face from them, and they shall be devoured, and many evils and troubles shall befall them, so that they will say in that day, 'Are not these evils come upon us, because our God is not among us?'" (Deuteronomy 32:27)
The Old Testament is filled with passages that describe for us the fact that a part of God's nature, a part of God's character and personality is anger and the willingness to demonstrate wrath at the proper times. God executes true wrath - wrath that is just and deserved.

www.churches-of-christ.net/tracts/job029u.htm

God’s vindictiveness and vanity speaks for itself.

skypoetone's photo
Wed 01/07/09 10:40 AM

What would be advantageous to a supposedly "omniscient being" to eradicate any other previously existing spirituality or even religion? Once again it sounds just like the jealous boyfriend or girlfriend who is hell bent on demanding that you sever all ties from others of the opposite sex that you might have shared a relationship with prior.

What normally causes that behavior in a human?

A sense of superiority?

Or insecurity?

The bible was written by men so there is no other point of reference.

I will tell you one thing. It does not stem from "love".

Here's another word that goes along with negative thoughts of God...obsessed...decieved.

Are you making a point here? Obsession and a feeling of being deceived would also be emotions experienced by humans and NOT omniscient beings.

Good, let me add by asking some questions...

Why would an omniscient being need to be jealous of anything damn thing?

Humans/Animals are made in similar fashion, we naturally have jealous traits - how can the creator have, what would surely be to ‘It’, the same negative traits? 'It's' supposed to be superior.

If everyone's life story is unfolding before 'It's' eyes, said omniscient being already knows what's going to happen... 'It' wrote the script, lol. This would be like a screenwriter showing anger and revenge of his own character's behaviours.

Even if God does not put every word into my mouth, 'It' is responsible for mine and very one else’s existence. A writer (creator) is responsible for giving his character’s their roles.

Another point... if we are made in 'It's' image does that make 'It' human, or are we just picture comparisons in some other way?

skypoetone's photo
Mon 01/05/09 03:26 PM
Heaven and hell are states of mind... while you are alive.

Spiritually, we do not knew where we where before birth and that's why we don't know where we will be heading.

My belief, I will be reincarnated again.

skypoetone's photo
Mon 01/05/09 03:07 PM
*pinches self* I must have been given the antidote. :)

skypoetone's photo
Mon 01/05/09 01:51 PM

"Shouldn't this be in a religious forum?"

‘Free will’ is only free will if it is used WITHOUT outside influences. ANY outside influence determines how you use it, thus negates said free will.

No it doesn't. How did you come to that conclusion?

And the will has little to do with "religion."

Religion in general, simply uses that term a lot. Deep down, they actually hate the idea of "free" will. They even try to distort it meaning to mean a choice between following Jesus or not, or between good or evil.

Just because a decision is "influenced" does not mean that it is not an action of the will or that the will is not "free."

The will involves an inner decision on where to place our attention and how to direct ourselves. It is the power to direct ourselves and our thoughts and feelings.

The will is either weak or strong. It is always free. Your are endowed with a will naturally and it comes in the same degree as your conscious awareness.

Even a bacteria has a will. It's influence and strength is according to it own conscious awareness of its surroundings.

I agree with you, it is my belief that free will has nothing to do with religion, that's why I said WITHOUT outside influences.

skypoetone's photo
Mon 01/05/09 01:36 PM
Edited by skypoetone on Mon 01/05/09 01:37 PM
Your profile indicates you are a Christian - Other.

In all my years of study and meeting millions of people who Profess Christianity, I have never heard one person say otherwise.

And I’ve met many Christians more Christian than “Christians” – it depnds on your concept what a Christian is doesn’t it? :)

So, you're discounting the possibility that the Bible contains the Real Truth vs hearsay about events, etc., as accounted in older writings?

I’m saying that the bible was written based on earlier mythical tales.

As for names and places that "Never existed", we have absolute, concrete, real, indisputable proof of that - right?

As in most fictional texts, names and places are changed… nothing unusual about that.

Feb. 5, 1992...The lost city of Ubar, called "the Atlantis of the Sands" by Lawrence of Arabia, has been found in remote southern Oman using pictures taken from space shuttle Challenger, explorers said Tuesday.

Much the same was said about the lost city of Atlantis… is this also true?
Sources: 'Looking for lost riches in Cuba's seas: Underwater surveyors say they may have found sunken city', Reuters report dated Havana, 14 May, 2001

www.andrewcollins.com/page/articles/lostcity.htm

And there are more like this too. ohwell

skypoetone's photo
Mon 01/05/09 12:51 PM
Prometheus: son of the sky god Zeus who came down to earth to give a gift to mankind (fire). Was nailed to a wall and suffered for it, until he was resurrected by the will of his father.

Apollonius of Tyana: Philosoper in Greece, claimed by his followers to heal the sick and raise the dead, taken to trial by Romans, followers claimed to have seen him resurrected.

New Testament: Initially written in Greek, and much later than these two stories.

Coincidence?
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080814114545AAmmPvm
All based on mythology.

skypoetone's photo
Mon 01/05/09 12:21 PM
Edited by skypoetone on Mon 01/05/09 12:52 PM
The Bible is both The Inspired Word of God, and a history book....

Oh and you know this because?

The Bible is a relatively new series of stories taken from much older religious texts, i.e. origin probably Egyptian. As for being history, yes and no... yes, some name places existed and no others did not; some people existed and some did not - it's historical and political propaganda. flowerforyou

skypoetone's photo
Mon 01/05/09 12:06 PM
Let God be true & every man a liar. FYI...you can be angery with someone & still love them. That is what unconditional love is.

How many parents get angry with their children but still love them? Do we, as parents, ever conceive of damming them to eternal hell? And where is their free will when it is undermined with threats of damnation for not believing in us? huh

skypoetone's photo
Mon 01/05/09 11:56 AM
The funny thing about these atheists, is that somehow the hatred against religions or christianity to be more specific (because it seems only christianity is the chaos of the world) does not allow them see things with clarity.

And being “christian” (strange how you afford it with a lower case) identifies with no one other than themselves? I wouldn't know what atheists think/feel. How selective of you and why do you feel that those with an open mind, i.e. agnostics, as myself are full of hate? Is it because we question the Christian authority?

Such hate is a very amusing thing because as i have said so many time: If I have reached such a point of enlightment in which i have realized that religion, christianity, and God are bunch of crap, for pete's sake i would not even take the time to be making all the research they do to try to disprove christianity, the Bible, and everything else. For me christians and believers of all sorts would something like circus monkeys, and nothing else.

No, not “circus monkeys” so much as sheeple.

Yet, some nonbelievers put so much effort to attack christianity that it even becomes very amusing and interesting as those monkeys in the circus.

Or maybe you are trying to hide your dissatisfaction/bigotry… I suspect, behind a painted smile?

Previous 1 3