Community > Posts By > Applebutta

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 04:50 PM

repeat

Rinse

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 04:25 PM
Edited by Applebutta on Tue 11/18/08 04:28 PM
There are only two GM Major Production Plants in the United States at the moment, Detroit and Arlington. The other plants that you are referring to are either Distribution plants or Contracted Production Plants. My dad has worked for GM for 31 years and counting. About 4 years ago they shut the plant where my dad originally worked down and sold it. Therefore my dad was forced into a faulty job bank system and was repeatedly dooped. After 2 months of job banks he was relocated to the Arlington plant which is 5 hours away from our hometown. For my whole high school career I saw my dad a total of about 24 hours (gas cost prevented him from making the long trip back once a week). He is still in Arlington now, the funny thing is he is 6 months away from full retirement and they are thinking about closing the Arlington plant and relocating what workers they can to Detroit.

Now as far as I'm concerned where is the point when someone is gonna stop this **** and say hey "Seriously""Your going to ship our work to a 15 year old overseas, and then you have the fortitude to ask me to RELOCATE AGAIN!!!!" I'm not ****in doin it.

P.S. I know Mr. Pickens personally. I stopped on my road to pass out flyers for his book since he owns the OSU stadium he gets alot of love here. Stillwater, OK. I must say that he is a brilliant man but as far as under pressure goes he just crumbles like a dry cookie. I was even able to get him guessing about his own written materials. I only chatted with him for about 15 minutes before he hobbled on to the neighbors. Quite a 15 minutes though.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 04:12 PM
You know the first thing that came into my head was, maybe he feels the same way. If that be the case then its just an unfortunate side-step. I believe that the most likely of all that your reading too much into it. You should just sit the dude down and ask him what he thinks happened, and just make sure everything is kosher.

Im going to be honest here cause that's just how I am. I think you might have crossed a boundary with the wake up time. He might have viewed that as an authoritative statement and not a compassionate one.

Anyway, good luck and I hope this gets resolved for the best.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 04:05 PM

Winx - You are correct, and I never stated that it did just noting my own observation from where I lived at the time. I have no doubt the majority of people on welfare are on it for good reason, but from what I've seen maybe 1 out of 10 of them are on it for a good reason.

Applebutta - I do think drug testing should be eliminated from the employment process or at the very least only select drugs be tested. As it is now it is flawed in many respects, such as self medication purposes. I champion the legalization of marijuana for this purpose, we send many people into jail/prison for marijuana and it hasn't even been proven to have more lethal effects than alcohol. As it is though it is apart of the employment screen, and I don't see it getting eliminated anytime soon however if we can get certain substances removed from the testing process I think that in itself will make leaps and bounds in employment.

I'm not saying I'm against welfare, but from what I've personally seen I am against it in that aspect. People live in poverty a lot because of choice, they can move if they wanted but don't for whatever reason. I moved out of poverty because I wanted too, but I never recieved any assistance from the state as far as welfare goes though I tried I never went through with the process (probably more stupidity than anything on my part).

I'm the same way, I have definitely needed welfare I just don't feel right taking money from a government that so wrongly represents me. Just like I can't steal money from a person because they earned it. I don't like the idea of taking something that is not rightfully yours. Nothing against the people in this forum that are receiving welfare. I just don't do it for my own moral reasons. I can also rest easy at night knowing that my full share of the achievable welfare is going to a veteran, single mother, single father, elderly family, or a proven disabled person. I'm a very caring person tho, most of the people I know personally wouldn't feel any differently one way or another.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:53 PM

and you are my psycho kitty

PURR dammit PURR!

MEow?! MEOW!!!!

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:52 PM

damn these side stretches are gonna kill me

Holy $hit!!! That's a big egg!

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:49 PM
Never had any done but I'm definitely due to try any or all of them. I like being pampered to ladies hehe.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:46 PM

It isn't my place to judge since I don't know you personally...

But I agree with MindyMindy...Confidence in a manis attractive. noway woman would want a self conscious guy nor a self centered one either. If people say ur attractive go with it and say, " Thank you."smile

Hey could you point me to the manis store? slaphead jk

I have no problem with the fact that I am a total badass. It's just teh fact that every female in my life past or present has never given me any sort of credit for my looks or accomplishments. I grew up like that unfortunately. Even to this day I can shred on guitar and my family not once has even so much as asked how it was going or if I had wrote anything. I'm not out to please people but I would expect more from a family/girlfriend.

P.S. Theres no way in hell im giving up on women though, way to perfect for me to ride the pine and wait. On top of that I am a VERY sexually active partner so maybe too much sex ran all my old ladies away haha.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:31 PM

It is a good idea to require a simple 4 panel test to get on welfare, if the person is not doing drugs...what is the worry? There is to me little to no concern about this issue except to those that do drugs, if you are on welfare for legitimate reasons there is abslutely no reason to even worry about a simple drug screen.

I'm not saying most people on welfare use drugs, but a lot do. This could save the already fragile economy millions in a fiscal year being able to legally drop some people from the program, as well it would give more money to those that use the program as a temporary option until they can find work.

I disagree with about 100 points you made here:

"If the person is not doing drugs what is the worry?" - Well if you are going to apply a 4 panel test you better be quizzing personality before you even look at the drug test.

"I'm not saying most people on welfare use drugs, but a lot do" - Think about this equation of words for a minute. Do you think that a person that is legitimately in need of money can afford these "drugs" you are referring to because the market is out the roof for the drug world right now with oil prices going down.

"This could save the already fragile economy millions in a fiscal year being able to legally drop some people from the program, as well it would give more money to those that use the program as a temporary option until they can find work." - This sounds like an act of communism to me. Shun those less fortunate and give the money to people that need it temporarily. Those are the people that are going to take it for granted man, not your average pothead. I just don't like your ideas on pulling EVEN MORE from the already dirt poor and giving it to "more" fortunate individuals. Defeats the whole purpose.

My plan on the whole Urine test thing is take it the **** out of the country and base your hiring techniques on in depth interviews and application processes. 90% of companies see that someone doesn't agree to be randomly drug tested and throws their application away. What is this little dipstick trying to prove here, a drug problem, or just another process of screening. I have met a whole ****on of absolute geniuses that do recreational drugs but they could never get a job at even WaL-Mart if they wanted.

You take the urine test away so it gives these "drug heads" (I like to call them humans) a chance to get a job at the place of their choosing so they aren't confined to working at a ****hole place that not even job would work at.

I know not many people are gonna read this in its entirety so I am am just preparing for a "your a stoner" comment. But I'll give you my genuine reasons for smoking herb and I'll try just about any drug once. I smoke weed because I like it to boot, secondly I was born with acid reflux so the THC and resin coat my esophagus thus temporarily relieving the acid burn. Lastly I have ADHD and it helps me level this problem out. I've been experimental with drugs because I am in absolutely love learning about them and experiencing euphoric (outworldly) feelings outside of being in heaven. I'm more of a thinker so I tend to do these drugs alone and i've never done anything more than twice other than pot. In Oklahoma if your caught with as much as a seed on you your going to jail. If the government were to legalize marijuana this country would cut its deficit by at least 1/3 in 2 years I GUARANTEE you that.

Sorry if I got a little cold through any of that, not meant to be offensive or nasty.
I've just seen a lot of biased opinions in here so I thought I would stand up for my culture and actually defend the basic human rights that say you don't have to piss in a cup to be accepted you just have to pass an interview.

"Think about this equation of words for a minute. Do you think that a person that is legitimately in need of money can afford these "drugs" you are referring to because the market is out the roof for the drug world right now with oil prices going down."

--See it all the time, used to know tons of people that were on welfare so they could use money to get drugs. From experience it was 9/10 of the people on welfare did drugs, which ranged from meth to weed. Though given the population it is probably about 3/10 in rough respect. A lot of the people I've seen on welfare have low paying jobs for the sole purpose of keeping welfare.

"This sounds like an act of communism to me. Shun those less fortunate and give the money to people that need it temporarily. Those are the people that are going to take it for granted man, not your average pothead. I just don't like your ideas on pulling EVEN MORE from the already dirt poor and giving it to "more" fortunate individuals. Defeats the whole purpose."

--Simple really, don't do drugs you can get on welfare...do drugs and welfare is exempted. Many people have to take a drug test to get work, the money they make gets taxed for programs like welfare why not give the same stipulations? It isn't shunning the less fortunate, it is putting requirements on something that is too easy to recieve. That and I never said the money would go to the more fortunate, I said recycle it back into the program giving people already on the program more benefits.

I smoke weed as well on occasion, but I have a job that is loose with their drug testing so I have more leniency than most people do. However I think it is fair considering if you are on welfare you won't do drugs at risk of not getting a job, correct?

OooooO I love this. Finally found an intelligent person who wants to discuss something. BOUT TIME.

I believe that if your on welfare you probably have made all the sacrifices you can already. I don't disagree with your point here at all. All i'm trying to say is that the only form of discrimination allowed in the workplace anymore is that against drug users seeing as how they are screened and harassed.

I used to be completely clean about 3 years ago from EVERYTHING and my mom started piss testing me in fear that I was doing something "wrong". I passed all 7 of her random tests and I just felt like screaming "YOU ****IN SEE NOW, YOU HAVE IT ON A STRIP SO THERE'S YOUR HARD EVIDENCE", It was soooo degrading for me to do that, even now if I were completely clean I would hate to take a urine test. They ask you to pee in a cup to see if your "prestigious" enough to work at their bloodthirsty and money hungry place of operation.

Equal rights, if your not going to alcohol test you can't drug test. Completely bogus. I for one have decided not to drink but do you see me reaping any substantial benefits, other than my liver lasting a little longer. No. You can't accept one thing that messes you up then turn around and say no to something else that messes you up. Some justice would be nice in this situation. I have petitioned this and got 1016 signatures stating that it was an invasion of human rights, general privacy, and if nothing else, The Pursuit of Happiness. It seems to me like an elementary and rudimentary system that is harbored by our state laws and individual companies.

Regarding your mom: After somebody has been using, it takes time to earn the trust again. She probably did it because she cares about you.flowerforyou

Well I had not been using anything at the time or previously. But my teenage streak kicked in and as soon as I got out of the house I went ape ****. Thats that dirty rebellion gene haha. It actually took HER a long ass time to earn MY trust back. But even when she was doing it I knew for a fact I was gonna pass, but I thought to myself what the hell is the point of drug testing me if im not on drugs. I mean I had worked so hard on staying clean and not falling into the "wrong" crowd so I could impress my family and girlfriend, after that test I felt a new level of rebellion, almost like "I'm gonna start owning up to what people claim that I do" She wouldn't hear it or sway her decision any. Looking back on it, it seems like a pretty Hitleresque action.

I love my mom very deeply and stay very close to her with my older brother dieing about a year ago. Of course she is protective and that's why I dealt with as much **** as I did. She did it out of grief and worry. That guy was my world too.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:17 PM
Edited by Applebutta on Tue 11/18/08 03:23 PM

It is a good idea to require a simple 4 panel test to get on welfare, if the person is not doing drugs...what is the worry? There is to me little to no concern about this issue except to those that do drugs, if you are on welfare for legitimate reasons there is abslutely no reason to even worry about a simple drug screen.

I'm not saying most people on welfare use drugs, but a lot do. This could save the already fragile economy millions in a fiscal year being able to legally drop some people from the program, as well it would give more money to those that use the program as a temporary option until they can find work.

"If the person is not doing drugs what is the worry?" - Well if you are going to apply a 4 panel test you better be quizzing personality before you even look at the drug test.

"I'm not saying most people on welfare use drugs, but a lot do" - Think about this equation of words for a minute. Do you think that a person that is legitimately in need of money can afford these "drugs" you are referring to because the market is out the roof for the drug world right now with oil prices going down.

"This could save the already fragile economy millions in a fiscal year being able to legally drop some people from the program, as well it would give more money to those that use the program as a temporary option until they can find work." - This sounds like an act of communism to me. Shun those less fortunate and give the money to people that need it temporarily. Those are the people that are going to take it for granted man, not your average pothead. I just don't like your ideas on pulling EVEN MORE from the already dirt poor and giving it to "more" fortunate individuals. Defeats the whole purpose.

My plan on the whole Urine test thing is take it the **** out of the country and base your hiring techniques on in depth interviews and application processes. 90% of companies see that someone doesn't agree to be randomly drug tested and throws their application away. What is this little dipstick trying to prove here, a drug problem, or just another process of screening. I have met a whole ****on of absolute geniuses that do recreational drugs but they could never get a job at even WaL-Mart if they wanted.

You take the urine test away so it gives these "drug heads" (I like to call them humans) a chance to get a job at the place of their choosing so they aren't confined to working at a ****hole place that not even job would work at.

I know not many people are gonna read this in its entirety so I am am just preparing for a "your a stoner" comment. But I'll give you my genuine reasons for smoking herb and I'll try just about any drug once. I smoke weed because I like it to boot, secondly I was born with acid reflux so the THC and resin coat my esophagus thus temporarily relieving the acid burn. Lastly I have ADHD and it helps me level this problem out. I've been experimental with drugs because I am in absolutely love learning about them and experiencing euphoric (outworldly) feelings outside of being in heaven. I'm more of a thinker so I tend to do these drugs alone and i've never done anything more than twice other than pot. In Oklahoma if your caught with as much as a seed on you your going to jail. If the government were to legalize marijuana this country would cut its deficit by at least 1/3 in 2 years I GUARANTEE you that.

Sorry if I got a little cold through any of that, not meant to be offensive or nasty.
I've just seen a lot of biased opinions in here so I thought I would stand up for my culture and actually defend the basic human rights that say you don't have to piss in a cup to be accepted you just have to pass an interview.

"Think about this equation of words for a minute. Do you think that a person that is legitimately in need of money can afford these "drugs" you are referring to because the market is out the roof for the drug world right now with oil prices going down."

--See it all the time, used to know tons of people that were on welfare so they could use money to get drugs. From experience it was 9/10 of the people on welfare did drugs, which ranged from meth to weed. Though given the population it is probably about 3/10 in rough respect. A lot of the people I've seen on welfare have low paying jobs for the sole purpose of keeping welfare.

"This sounds like an act of communism to me. Shun those less fortunate and give the money to people that need it temporarily. Those are the people that are going to take it for granted man, not your average pothead. I just don't like your ideas on pulling EVEN MORE from the already dirt poor and giving it to "more" fortunate individuals. Defeats the whole purpose."

--Simple really, don't do drugs you can get on welfare...do drugs and welfare is exempted. Many people have to take a drug test to get work, the money they make gets taxed for programs like welfare why not give the same stipulations? It isn't shunning the less fortunate, it is putting requirements on something that is too easy to recieve. That and I never said the money would go to the more fortunate, I said recycle it back into the program giving people already on the program more benefits.

I smoke weed as well on occasion, but I have a job that is loose with their drug testing so I have more leniency than most people do. However I think it is fair considering if you are on welfare you won't do drugs at risk of not getting a job, correct?

OooooO I love this. Finally found an intelligent person who wants to discuss something. BOUT TIME.

I believe that if your on welfare you probably have made all the sacrifices you can already. I don't disagree with your point here at all. All i'm trying to say is that the only form of discrimination allowed in the workplace anymore is that against drug users seeing as how they are screened and harassed.

I used to be completely clean about 3 years ago from EVERYTHING and my mom started piss testing me in fear that I was doing something "wrong". I passed all 7 of her random tests and I just felt like screaming "YOU ****IN SEE NOW, YOU HAVE IT ON A STRIP SO THERE'S YOUR HARD EVIDENCE", It was soooo degrading for me to do that, even now if I were completely clean I would hate to take a urine test. They ask you to pee in a cup to see if your "prestigious" enough to work at their bloodthirsty and money hungry place of operation.

Equal rights, if your not going to alcohol test you can't drug test. Completely bogus. I for one have decided not to drink but do you see me reaping any substantial benefits, other than my liver lasting a little longer. No. You can't accept one thing that messes you up then turn around and say no to something else that messes you up. Some justice would be nice in this situation. I have petitioned this and got 1016 signatures stating that it was an invasion of human rights, general privacy, and if nothing else, The Pursuit of Happiness. It seems to me like an elementary and rudimentary system that is harbored by our state laws and individual companies. That has been 1 year and I never recieved so much as an email back from our great "sInator"

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 03:02 PM
Its always reassuring to hear it strait from the ladies mouth. Although, not unlike you, I have an unfortunate wall in my brain that doesn't allow me to let compliments sink in haha.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 02:54 PM
Yes but EA still seems to push the devs into pushing a ****ty product out faster rather than wait for the bug testing and beta process, or even in some cases shut the development down early or prolong it dude to "programming" mishaps. hah. Either way they recieved brownie points from me just because they distributed this game, its that good lol.

Well I guess I was right on with my assumption then. lol

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 02:48 PM
I use http://thepiratebay.org/

Good to see theres another pirate out there!!! yayz0rs.

Torrents are the way to go so if you want free safe files I would go to a torrent site: Isohunt, Piratebay, Btjunkie, mininova, demonoid.

However, you can use limewire at just about the same security rate if you just pay attention to file size before you download:

If your downloading a single song anywhere from 2mb up to 4mb (unless its unusually long or short)

If your downloading movies or anything of that caliber then the file size will be anywhere between 500mb on up to about 4gb.

Moreover, stay away from the small file sizes no matter if your on a torrent site or limewire. I'm talking anything from 1kb up to 1mb is usually spyware.

Btw if you need a legitimate working free anti-spyware program I would most certainly recommend Spybot S&D and for an anti-virus I would strongly suggest AVG Anti-Virus. Both of which are free and a breezy and easy interface to get used to.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 02:28 PM

Definitions (from The American Heritage College Dictionary – Fourth Edition):

Determinism: “the philosophical doctrine that every state of affairs, including every human event act and decision, is the inevitable result of antecedent states of affairs.”
Free will: “The power of making free choices that are unconstrained by external circumstances or by any agency such as fate or divine will.”

As I see it, a belief in determinism necessarily excludes any possibility of free will, whereas a belief in free will does not necessarily exclude the possibility determinism.

In other words, free will only says that some things have free will, whereas determinism says that all things must be deterministic.

Thus, an entity with free will can cause effects within a deterministic system, but that entity is not itself deterministic.

So the question is this:

“Can there exist any thing which is not bound by determinism?”

Of course there can never be proof either way, by the very nature of the two philosophies, but hey, that never stopped any of the great philosophers. laugh

The only scenario I could think of thats not affected by determinism would probably a super deep sea volcano erupting. Or a complete revolution of the sun (nothing is really pushing it, gravity I guess but that wasn't invented)

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 02:19 PM

What a terrible sport!

What's wrong with professional tooth-brushing butt giggling? huh!

Absolutely nothing, however someone NOT partaking in it would be terrible.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 02:11 PM
What a terrible sport!

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 01:39 PM

Oregondrinker drinker helping a lot of the wrong people

Pretty much. They do some good too, although that seems to be minimal and not without a fight.

That's how it is everywhere and that's the beauty of big government/brother. It's impossible to get **** done, sure you can petition but how many signatures do you need? and who has the time to solicit the form?

I think that companies should start requiring IQ tests instead of drug tests. This country leans to much toward socialism, materialism, and conformity as it is. At least with an IQ test the drug users wouldn't have to be labeled as "drug users" and could possibly even be credited for being intelligent? WOA, I know you guys are thinking, an IQ TEST? At least we would all be labeled as equals and your hard work in learning, coordination, and problem solving skills would actually benefit you and not just be another bull**** word on your "resume"

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 01:27 PM
5 years of free money, I don't think anyone is complaining on the length of that. If anything thats too long. The apathy of having completely free money for 5 years can be substantial in future productivity and effort. Im not biased I'm just referring to human nature.

View it as a drug with a longer quitting time.

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 12:45 PM
Schizophrenic

Applebutta's photo
Tue 11/18/08 12:37 PM