Community > Posts By > Seamonster

Seamonster's photo
Thu 12/18/08 08:29 AM

Seakolony,

You have not disrespected anyone, IMO. You are speaking your opinion very well.
I hope that wasnt for what I said and HOPE she dosnt think she was!!!

She said previously that she hoped that she wasn't being disrespectful to anyone. I couldn't quote it because the thread was locked.

why did the thred get locked?

Seamonster's photo
Thu 12/18/08 08:24 AM
Edited by Seamonster on Thu 12/18/08 08:26 AM

...two questions.

1: Dinosaurs. ?

2: God is omnipotent. He created free will. But by definition he is everywhere all the time, and therefore exists in the future right now...what's the point in His guidance in our choices if he knows what we're going to do already? In fact, doesn't this make free will...a lie?
In which case, doesn't this make all our lives on earth before we go off into the nicely black and white heaven and hell a sort of sick side show that must get pretty boring knowing exactly what we're going to do all the time?

all i have to say about dinosaurs nobody said we where gods first try just his fave
his guidance has nothing to do with free will because we ahve to chose to ask for it

ok then who's image did he make the diosaurs after?
And if it's done by trial and error then he's not a very good god.

But then he did screw up the works once already and had to kill evry man woman and child on the planet for being bad.
Even the babies were sinning so much he had to drown and kill them.
Yes, a loving god that one.

Seamonster's photo
Thu 12/18/08 08:19 AM

God is a personal thing to me. I will not bring it up in any discussion or debate unless it is brought up and then I defend the rights of everyone. Non believers as well..I do not think religion should be brought into politics period and will argue that point till the end...JMO

thats easer said than done, because most peoples political views are based on their religion.
If there was no religion then I dought the gay marrige thing would be an issue at all.

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 08:32 PM

...two questions.

1: Dinosaurs. ?

2: God is omnipotent. He created free will. But by definition he is everywhere all the time, and therefore exists in the future right now...what's the point in His guidance in our choices if he knows what we're going to do already? In fact, doesn't this make free will...a lie?
In which case, doesn't this make all our lives on earth before we go off into the nicely black and white heaven and hell a sort of sick side show that must get pretty boring knowing exactly what we're going to do all the time?

1. for alot of your fundies that think the earth is only 6,000 yrs. old then Dinosaurs either are a mystery, did not realy exist, or they roamed the earth with man. And it does not matter to them if we can prove all of them false. Alot of your more thinking christians understand and except evolution.

2. Yes if there is a god and he knows all then there can not be a free will it is predestination.
So there is ethier a free will or an all knowing god you can not have both.

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 08:01 PM

You clap your hands three times and say "light please" and puff light appeared on the first day.

You clap your hands a second time and say "turn off" and night appeared on the second day.

You clap your hands a third time and puff the electricity almost went out causing a explosion and you have stars on the third day.

drinker

so god has a clapper?

OOO does he have a flobie also?

And a beadazzler?

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 04:45 PM

I think ALL OF YOU need to go ask for God's forgiveness.

I think YOU need to keep YOUR god out of my life.laugh

SeaMonster has a good video pertaining to that.laugh

and here it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5YrB7TpT1Y

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 04:08 PM

I think ALL OF YOU need to go ask for God's forgiveness.

which one?

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 04:07 PM

Many if not most Christians have not read the Old Testament word for word, many churches across America do not read certain passages. I think anyone with a rational perspective on life would agree with me that the Old Testament (Deuteronomy in particular) stains the entire concept of Christianity. Gods horrific laws and demands constantly repeated in the Old Testament implode on themselves. There is no possible way to even scratch at the surface of justification for the acts of God, he is the biggest monster ever created by man and is drenched in repulsion that swarms deluded concepts of fear tactics that antidotes death anxiety.

I'm sure many of you reading this were conditioned from childhood to believe in God or else burn for eternity, that is an oblivious form of mental child abuse that is going on daily in this world, that is one reason "we" fight religion and for the fact that it supports, enables, and justifies the most absurd acts on this planet. Unintentional brain washing aside, what has our past and present taught us? What have we seen? Jihadists, crusaders, inquisitors, martyrs, and many sub sets that mimic their despicable themes. Today we have people flying planes into buildings and blowing themselves up so they can enter an eternal paradise. We have people who claim to be worshipping the only true god and everyone else on this planet (4 out of the 6 billion) people alive are going to burn for eternity, these people call themselves Christians, who in fact support the monstrous defection found in context below.

Keep in mind the common concept of God is that he knew the future of everyones acts before they happened and then he created everything, he premeditated every death in the history of mankind (yes the full six thousand years of life lol). I recommend that you guys read the entire book of Deuteronomy, it is even more horrific in full. "Nothing will make you an atheist faster than reading the damn Bible" -Penn from Penn and Teller

The Implosion of Christianity

Deuteronomy 2
Defeat of Sihon King of Heshbon

31 The LORD said to me, "See, I have begun to deliver Sihon and his country over to you. Now begin to conquer and possess his land."

32 When Sihon and all his army came out to meet us in battle at Jahaz, 33 the LORD our God delivered him over to us and we struck him down, together with his sons and his whole army. 34 At that time we took all his towns and completely destroyed them—men, women and children. We left no survivors. 35 But the livestock and the plunder from the towns we had captured we carried off for ourselves. 36 From Aroer on the rim of the Arnon Gorge, and from the town in the gorge, even as far as Gilead, not one town was too strong for us. The LORD our God gave us all of them. 37 But in accordance with the command of the LORD our God, you did not encroach on any of the land of the Ammonites, neither the land along the course of the Jabbok nor that around the towns in the hills.

Deuteronomy 3
Defeat of Og King of Bashan

3 So the LORD our God also gave into our hands Og king of Bashan and all his army. We struck them down, leaving no survivors. 4 At that time we took all his cities. There was not one of the sixty cities that we did not take from them—the whole region of Argob, Og's kingdom in Bashan. 5 All these cities were fortified with high walls and with gates and bars, and there were also a great many unwalled villages. 6 We completely destroyed them, as we had done with Sihon king of Heshbon, destroying every city—men, women and children. 7 But all the livestock and the plunder from their cities we carried off for ourselves.

Deuteronomy 4
Obedience Commanded

3 You saw with your own eyes what the LORD did at Baal Peor. The LORD your God destroyed from among you everyone who followed the Baal of Peor, 4 but all of you who held fast to the LORD your God are still alive today.

Idolatry Forbidden

23 Be careful not to forget the covenant of the LORD your God that he made with you; do not make for yourselves an idol in the form of anything the LORD your God has forbidden. 24 For the LORD your God is a consuming fire, a jealous God.

Deuteronomy 5
The Ten Commandments

7 "You shall have no other gods before [a] me. 8 "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. 9 You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the LORD your God, am a jealous God, punishing the children for the sin of the fathers to the third and fourth generation of those who hate me, 10 but showing love to a thousand generations of those who love me and keep my commandments.

Deuteronomy 8
Do Not Forget the LORD

19 If you ever forget the LORD your God and follow other gods and worship and bow down to them, I testify against you today that you will surely be destroyed. 20 Like the nations the LORD destroyed before you, so you will be destroyed for not obeying the LORD your God.

and it goes on and on......

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 03:52 PM

I already know what you "think".

I go with what works & what I expereince & not from men & their "intellect." ehem... laugh

you don't go with intellect?

Now thats a true statement.

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 03:31 PM
Edited by Seamonster on Wed 12/17/08 03:31 PM
and of course that is just the tip of the iceburg

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 01:54 PM

I wanna hangout in the woods with deer! Paganism seems like the way to go.

you don't want to know about the last time I ended up in the woods with a buck and a few fairies.
Lets just say it looked nothing like the picture.

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 01:50 PM

:explode i no that it is ok to be gay but i do not have a prob with it but in the book it say adam and eve not adam and steve u no it true and i am sorry to say that but u shud not put your :banana: in that hole you no that it like the. well you no you can if you are a man of the cloth but if you r gay well you no watt it is for one. but in the club of the church see i no and you it is a crok of sh>>>>it and we the small have to :banana:

You want to talk Bible... lets talk Bible.

The Bible also say it is not ok to Sin.
Like adultery, stealing and lying.. and yet we continue to do this everyday.

The Biblical rules are not there to condemn you like man's laws... it is a guideline... a way to show you, you are not good enough to get to heaven and that you need God/Jesus in your life. His Grace and Love even when you don't deserve it.

The Bible didn't say drive a Car.
The Bible did say don't be a part of the World and yet Christmas became a mockery of Christianity. Is it really about the birth of Christ or has it become a celebration of Consumerism.

The Bible has talked about Blaspheme and yet every Christian Anti-Gay Rights and Anti-Abortion Leader are Blasphemous about God.

There are a lot more important things in life than worry about two Gay guys having sex their way. You can't save them and passing the law and not passing the law will not save anyone from Hell. However, focusing on your own life can get you saved or save... which ever Christian religion you follow.

Satan uses the Bible to condemn and shame people away from God.

christians are so insanly worried sbout the splinter in other peoples eyes and refuse to see the plank un there own.
That is why they are so upset about gay marrige, it keeps them from thinking about their own failings.

Not all Christians are like that.

ok I admit that was a bit of a blanket statement.

I ment to say all but Winx.

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 12:32 PM

:explode i no that it is ok to be gay but i do not have a prob with it but in the book it say adam and eve not adam and steve u no it true and i am sorry to say that but u shud not put your :banana: in that hole you no that it like the. well you no you can if you are a man of the cloth but if you r gay well you no watt it is for one. but in the club of the church see i no and you it is a crok of sh>>>>it and we the small have to :banana:

You want to talk Bible... lets talk Bible.

The Bible also say it is not ok to Sin.
Like adultery, stealing and lying.. and yet we continue to do this everyday.

The Biblical rules are not there to condemn you like man's laws... it is a guideline... a way to show you, you are not good enough to get to heaven and that you need God/Jesus in your life. His Grace and Love even when you don't deserve it.

The Bible didn't say drive a Car.
The Bible did say don't be a part of the World and yet Christmas became a mockery of Christianity. Is it really about the birth of Christ or has it become a celebration of Consumerism.

The Bible has talked about Blaspheme and yet every Christian Anti-Gay Rights and Anti-Abortion Leader are Blasphemous about God.

There are a lot more important things in life than worry about two Gay guys having sex their way. You can't save them and passing the law and not passing the law will not save anyone from Hell. However, focusing on your own life can get you saved or save... which ever Christian religion you follow.

Satan uses the Bible to condemn and shame people away from God.

christians are so insanly worried sbout the splinter in other peoples eyes and refuse to see the plank un there own.
That is why they are so upset about gay marrige, it keeps them from thinking about their own failings.

Seamonster's photo
Wed 12/17/08 09:23 AM
In the Garden of Eden story, God warns Adam and Eve not to eat of the forbidden fruit lest they die that very day. The serpent tells Eve that she won't die that day, but rather her eyes will be open to know good and evil. Read further in the story and it is apparent God was bluffing and the serpent was actually telling the truth. Adam and Eve's eyes were opened to know good and evil, and according to the story, they lived hundreds of years after.

Theologians have invented a bit a of nonsense to salvage this, having to reinterpret parts of the story just so God's warning can be made accurate. One claim is that the day spoken of was a thousand years. This is arbitrary and nothing in Genesis implies that, and there's no way Adam and Eve would have understood it that way. Another claim is that God meant Adam and Eve would become mortal that day. But the scene makes more sense if Adam and Eve were created mortal in the first place, and could only become immortal by eating from the tree of life, also in the garden. Another theory is that God was talking about "spiritual" death. But again, nothing in the text of Genesis supports this. That is a gnostic concept from a much later time than when Genesis was written. But theologians stick to these explanations because they can't bare to admit what the story clearly shows, that God was lying to Adam and Eve.

In reality, the book of Genesis is collection of stories borrowed from even earlier myths, such as the epic of Gilgamesh. Most of these myths originally arose in a polytheistic context, and its possible that in an earlier form of the myth, the serpent was the messenger of a competing god. (Genesis itself even betrays polytheistic roots in several places, including the verse "let US create man in OUR own image....")

Later in Genesis, God has to send a messenger down to earth to verify for him whether what he has heard about the evil in Sodom and Gomorrah is really true. Nowhere in Genesis is God depicted as all-knowing, and in a few places, he clearly isn't.

God also has to stop the building of the tower of Babel. It appears God was afraid of man reaching up to the dome (firmament) of heaven, finding one of the holes where rain falls through it, and climbing through to the other side where God lives.

Seamonster's photo
Tue 12/16/08 06:08 AM
If we teach ID in schools then we must teach every other baseless claim like, the xenu scientology idea. And if anyone comes up with a new idea no matter how crazy sounding it must be taught in schools.

Seamonster's photo
Sun 12/14/08 03:42 PM

You know, how do we know what the sex life of Jesus was anymore than we can tell today? Jesus could have been bi or gay or could have married. None of us know for a fact. But it sure would explain some things.

And if one can accept a person for who they are in reality could we not accept that as well?
Thats hogwash, God speaks against homosexuality so he is not going to create someone that way, especially Jesus. People become that way, but I don not believe anyone is born like that

How do they "become" that way?
various life experiences and such, I don't think anyone is born that way myself

and because you think it it makes it so

does not make since to me

law should not be based on what one thinks

it needs based on what is known

and it is known that if two people have sex in privacy

it does no ill to anyone other than possibly themselves

regardless of if it is with males females or any combination there of
I'm not bashing gays "sport", I'm saying they aren't born that way, you can believe that nonsense if you want, none of us are born a certain way, we delelop into what we become

wow your right, I was taught to be white and those blacks *****ing they chose to be black.
And the jews same thing.
you right when you say "none of us are born a certain way".

uhg
uhg yourself seamonster, you obviously, as some others, read what you want into simple statements. A mind and personality develops as one grows, you were not born with the knowledge and beliefs, desires and such that you now have.Your life experiences made you what you are now. Too many factors involved in what one becomes as they grow older, people develop and change all the time. Some of the folks in here are reading way to much into a sentence, have at it, still doesn't change how I think or feel or anyone else. I have nothing against people based on their sexual orientation period, One of my best friends is gay, I know several gay people, they are nice, cool and I am glad to know them, does not change the fact that I don't think someone was born one way or the other, I'm not saying one has to think that way, it is my thought, the same as you put yours out here as well. do with it what you will, frankly this silly debate is getting old real quick, If you can't read simple sentence structure and get the intended meaning from it, then, go to remedial reading classes for adults or something.

first off I think at some point I called no uhg backs.
I do understand that you don't think they are born that way.
Science is getting close to saying they are, I'm not up on the layest study but the last I read they were saying the evidence is pointing to them being born that way, but lets say they are not.
I don't understand. why they can't get married if it makes them happy? Why are we wanting to make people unhappy?
There is way to much unhappyness in this world why add to it?

Seamonster's photo
Sun 12/14/08 01:32 PM

You know, how do we know what the sex life of Jesus was anymore than we can tell today? Jesus could have been bi or gay or could have married. None of us know for a fact. But it sure would explain some things.

And if one can accept a person for who they are in reality could we not accept that as well?
Thats hogwash, God speaks against homosexuality so he is not going to create someone that way, especially Jesus. People become that way, but I don not believe anyone is born like that

How do they "become" that way?
various life experiences and such, I don't think anyone is born that way myself

and because you think it it makes it so

does not make since to me

law should not be based on what one thinks

it needs based on what is known

and it is known that if two people have sex in privacy

it does no ill to anyone other than possibly themselves

regardless of if it is with males females or any combination there of
I'm not bashing gays "sport", I'm saying they aren't born that way, you can believe that nonsense if you want, none of us are born a certain way, we delelop into what we become

wow your right, I was taught to be white and those blacks *****ing they chose to be black.
And the jews same thing.
you right when you say "none of us are born a certain way".

uhg

Seamonster's photo
Sun 12/14/08 12:59 PM
lol yeah my bad

Seamonster's photo
Sun 12/14/08 12:56 PM
Edited by Seamonster on Sun 12/14/08 12:58 PM

Invisible,

I wasn't calling you a liar, I was explaining why Jess's post was a logical fallacy. If you want to be offended, the go right ahead. She is saying "Well, Invisible says it and she's a German, so it must be the truth", but that doesn't follow. I'm sure this is incredibly offensive to you, but it wasn't intended to be so.

And how was it then with your statement that people who believe that the Nazis were right winged are uneducated and ill informed, accusing nearly the whole German population of it? I'm not to take that serious either?
If I was you I would start with thinking BEFORE spouting out these things. To know where the Nazis were standing you would have to know the entire political system in Germany at that time, which you clearly do not, otherwise you wouldn't say the things you do with such force.

The Nazis of WWII were socialists. The government owned everything. They guaranteed a certain level of income and jobs to all citizens. They practiced eugenics, which was a VERY HOT socialist belief during the 20's - 40's. American socialists idealized the Nazis and practiced their own eugenics operations, which included Planned Parenthood (to deal with what Margaret Sanger called "The Negro Problem"). The Nazi government controlled every aspect of the peoples lives down to when the trains ran. Personal ownership is a conservative principle, not a Liberal one. In the US now, they want to take control of our auto industry. LIBERALS think that the government should be completely in charge while CONSERVATIVES believe in small government. The Nazis were a LIBERAL SOCIALIST party. I'm sorry if that is offensive, but I didn't bring it up to be offensive, but to correct MirrorMirror. None of you are offended that he said they were a far right wing organization and he hasn't tried even once to support that position. Your faux outrage shows that you are being dishonest. "I can't believe Spider would call the Nazis liberals!!!!!!!" But you don't even blink when the Nazis are called Conservative Christians. I know that you are someone who loves to be offended, so feel free to be offended by my post.

Although Hitler did not practice religion in a churchly sense, he certainly believed in the Bible's God. Raised as Catholic he went to a monastery school and, interestingly, walked everyday past a stone arch which was carved the monastery's coat of arms which included a swastika. As a young boy, Hitler's most ardent goal was to become a priest. Much of his philosophy came from the Bible, and more influentially, from the Christian Social movement. (The German Christian Social movement, remarkably, resembles the Christian Right movement in America today.) Many have questioned Hitler's stand on Christianity. Although he fought against certain Catholic priests who opposed him for political reasons, his belief in God and country never left him. Many Christians throughout history have opposed Christian priests for various reasons; this does not necessarily make one against one's own Christian beliefs. Nor did the Vatican's Pope & bishops ever disown him; in fact they blessed him!

This is blantantly false! Just read the Wiki article on Hitler and you'll see that Hitlers religious beliefs are totally contradictory to this. Hitler was antichristian.

oh yeah the wiki artical. I seem to remember you trashing wiki if anyone else used it.

and you have been shown many times over that Hitler was in fact a christian but you still refuse to see it.
And that explains you not seeing the facts of evolution.
And not seeing ID as the junk science it is.

Seamonster's photo
Sun 12/14/08 07:46 AM

Do you really think the Christians are stupid enough to buy this BS?

their stupid enough to believe in a talking snake.