|
hi how are u
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Zee's Pub! - part 8
|
|
|
mornin peeps'n lurkers
good it is not.. not for me anyways.. trouble sleep BLAH.. shud be a rough weekend waiting for monday mornin.. phew.. anywho.. current temps are friggen awesome at 66F.. high of 73F (but'll feel like 77F) mainly sunny today with rain starting overnight.. can't do any of my current projects outside cuz I ain't got any wheels ta go get supplies and not sure I have enough gas ta mow the freakin lawn.. I hate being put in this position.. ya'd think the garage wud have a loaner but NOOOOOOOOO and the store is 6km away so not hoofin it.. don't have a bike either.. my ride on mower might make it but I don't believe I have the gas ta get there let alone come back with *sighs*
ok.. fug this.. hope everyone's day is better
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Zee's Pub! - part 8
|
|
|
arrrrg.. avast ye matey look out TG.. land HO bump.. fall
sorry.. I need a laugh about now.. well folks.. another week over and Friday coming to an end.. so I got an estimation on the price to fix my car.. *Zee hits the floor* yup.. the price of a newer one.. HOLY CHIT the transmission is gone.. so that's that.. only 105,000 km on that girl but.. her legs gave out.. and me just spent over $700 for 4 new winter tires.. so I've spent the afternoon and evening looking for a replacement.. an SUV that'll take my new tires cuz I ain't wasting THAT $$.. plus I'll have my mechanic syphon my gas.. not letting a full tank go to waste EITHER so.. this weekend will be making calls and trying to find a lift to go see newER vehicles.. FML.. thought she had a few more years in her but.. not at THAT price..
anywho.. gonna go cry in my pillow so have a good evening y'all
Only 105 on the clock...thats a virgin... I would just spend the cash for a new transmission and keep the car for a few more years ....or till u run it into the ground.... In total that replacement should only cost about 3 grand ......cheaper than a newer car .....also depends on make and model and the year??? she's a 2006 Pacifica.. so age is a factor.. but after doing research on the problem.. it sounds more like electrical instead of transmission.. seluloid.. apparently it's RARELY the trany so.. I sent him an article by email and will talk to him on monday.. something feels off about his diagnosis tho.. gut feeling but working perfectly tuesday then wednesday morning stuck in park? and why I did research.. I spent hours pouring over different articles too.. they all point to the same thing so.. we shall see on Monday.. I appreciate the suggestion tho.. he was pretty firm about his pricing tho.. labor = $2000 and repair = $3000 lofty yes but she IS a 2006 so parts cud be more expensive.. we shall see.. my gut is churning tho when I think trany.. but I have to wait for monday.. |
|
|
|
|
|
Edited by
Zee
on
Sat 08/29/26 07:40 AM
|
|
|
I hear ya TG.. like no one else can know anything but them.. and they know EVERYthing about EVERY thing..
if they cud only see themselves thru other's eyes..
Slim.. people have to live.. yes it would be nice if others were considerate of everyone's needs but.. that's not the world we live in currently.. sadly.. the word of the times is "IT'S ALL ABOUT ME" so suck it up buttercup.. oh and.. ya don't have ta go to church ta pray dude.. he's everywhere.. you can even chat him up while on the loo however it may be WHAT you're asking for.. it's all about you no??
OT: being ignored when you find a solution cuz the "expert's ego" can't handle you discovered a solution that he didn't come up with |
|
|
|
|
|
9 to 5 was a good one TG..
never heard of that one slim..
watched The Devil Wears Prada 2 - 2026 with Meryl Streep, Anne Hathaway, Emily Blunt & Stanley Tucci (plus many more) Andy Sachs reunites with Miranda Priestly as they navigate their careers amid the decline of traditional magazine publishing. what a great movie.. loved every minute of it.. IMDb gives it a 6.3.. I give it a solid 9.5 |
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Why are you here?
|
|
|
funny.. ha ha..
OT: a shovel to help bury Slim with (cuz he's diggin his own grave )
|
|
|
|
|
|
a good, reliable, honest mechanic
|
|
|
|
|
|
a career in politics....hmmmm...dont seem to be a controllable kinda gal .....but hey ...to each their own!!! OT: Not a regret , but if I could turn back the clock , I should have accepted that job offer in Florida....30 years ago ... who knows I may have even met the elusive Kit Kat !! no.. not a career in politics.. I was in retail.. VP.. 132 locations and over 1000 employees.. I loved that job.. but.. the ex was a real smooth talker and the 'control' happened slowly.. by surprise.. until I was broken.. not anymore tho..
OT: I'd find a new mechanic to put my trust in.. |
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Why are you here?
|
|
|
to find a tree for my hangman's noose
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Zee's Pub! - part 8
|
|
|
arrrrg.. avast ye matey
look out TG.. land HO bump.. fall
sorry.. I need a laugh about now.. well folks.. another week over and Friday coming to an end.. so I got an estimation on the price to fix my car.. *Zee hits the floor* yup.. the price of a newer one.. HOLY CHIT the transmission is gone.. so that's that.. only 105,000 km on that girl but.. her legs gave out.. and me just spent over $700 for 4 new winter tires.. so I've spent the afternoon and evening looking for a replacement.. an SUV that'll take my new tires cuz I ain't wasting THAT $$.. plus I'll have my mechanic syphon my gas.. not letting a full tank go to waste EITHER so.. this weekend will be making calls and trying to find a lift to go see newER vehicles.. FML.. thought she had a few more years in her but.. not at THAT price..
anywho.. gonna go cry in my pillow so have a good evening y'all
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
AI intrusion
|
|
|
Glad you got it all figured out after only five days. yer maths off agin Mo.. that's 7 YEARS & 5 days
OT: sadly this is all too true.. imagination is being replaced with AI.. making people seemingly more well versed than under normal circumstances.. yup.. science fiction is being replaced with science fact.. that pretty soon you won't even need a brain cuz AI'll do it all for ya.. *sighs* |
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Zee's Pub! - part 8
|
|
|
good mornin peeps'n lurkers
happy FLYDAY to ya WOOT.. *Zee chants* gonna get ma car back taday WOOHOO current temps are 70F but feels like 75F with a high of 73F (but 79F with heat index) plus rain.. ah yes.. more freakin rain.. and it's going down ta 52F overnight.. brrr COOL lol.. love cool nights.. they're saying we cud have snow as early as October this year.. we shall see huh.. anywho.. hoping to get a call soon letting me know when ma car'll be ready and how much it'll cost ta fix..
best git back to me indoor chores have a super day y'all
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Zee's Pub! - part 8
|
|
|
well folks.. happy Thor's day
![]() Thor thanks you for remembering him.
Hheeeey, my twin brother!!! And he's drinking all my beer again!!!!! looks like he's eaten all ma pizza too
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Why are you here?
|
|
|
to learn the latest dance moves
|
|
|
|
|
|
My favorite shoe/sneaker is Cobbie Cuddlers and I can't find them anymore. I found 3 websites that might help Cat.. https://cobbiecuddlers.dsw.us.com/ https://www.ebay.com/b/Cobbie-Cuddlers-Womens-Shoes/3034/bn_97993154 https://poshmark.com/brand/Cobbie_Cuddlers hope that helps.. good luck OT: my favorite tea is Tetley decaffeinated
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Zee's Pub! - part 8
|
|
|
anudder day is coming to a close..
ah well.. man.. it's hot out thar phew.. and muggy.. hopefully the rain will come soon and break this stickiness.. anywho.. gots stuff done inside taday.. still no car tho.. hoping tomorrow it'll be fixed AND at a low low cost.. still worried it'll cost a lot tho..
anyways.. hope everyone had a good day and is enjoyin the evening
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Zee's Pub! - part 8
|
|
Dave.. ![]()
|
|
|
|
|
|
Topic:
Zee's Pub! - part 8
|
|
|
Slim.. I saw your post about being a lazy bum and wondering if we 'reno busy' ladies are using them as an excuse NOT to date.. in my case.. no.. I'm simply taking care of my investment/home cuz no one else will.. I'm NOT dating cuz I don't WANT to.. period.. men don't seem to get me and in all honesty.. I haven't found one YET that's actually worthy of ME.. and no, I'm not full of myself.. but that IS why I'm not dating.. I simply don't have the time to waste on guys that never seem to measure up.. OR keep up with me AND my plethora of skills.. maybe they're intimidated by me? by my reno skills? by my intelligence?? most don't get my sense of humour either.. so.. I took myself outta the equation.. less disappointment that way
![]() I know what you mean, I'll drink to that. ![]()
that's refreshing.. most don't get it or are too disconnected from their feelings to understand the reasoning.. yup.. (although not a drinker) I'll drink to that too (<--- water )
|
|
|
|
|
|
Edited by
Zee
on
Thu 08/27/26 12:08 PM
|
|
|
IMO pickleball is simply tennis with paddles instead of rackets
OT: I've recently rediscovered an old favorite but with a new twist.. peanut brittle with almonds and cashews instead |
|
|
|
|
|
got one better Slim...
how about making an appointment 2 wks in advance, only to arrive 10 mins early to find the office closed AND the lights off.. no call to cancel, no note on the door nothing.. and this after driving for about 20-25 mins to get there in 34C temps with no A/C in the car..
|
|
|
|
|
and not sure I have enough gas ta mow the freakin lawn..
I hate being put in this position.. ya'd think the garage wud have a loaner but NOOOOOOOOO
and the store is 6km away so not hoofin it.. don't have a bike either.. my ride on mower might make it but I don't believe I have the gas ta get there let alone come back with *sighs*
bump.. fall
so.. this weekend will be making calls and trying to find a lift to go see newER vehicles..
FML.. thought she had a few more years in her but.. not at THAT price..
if they cud only see themselves thru other's eyes..
however it may be WHAT you're asking for.. it's all about you no??
have a super day y'all
Dave.. 
