Community > Posts By > BigD9832

BigD9832's photo
Fri 06/15/18 06:47 AM
From iam_resurrected
for i know there is a God, my God, waiting for me with Dad and my Grandfather on the other side

I am sorry to hear about your father. My dad passed in 2007 of Emphasima. His organs shut down.

The Scriptures tell us that we sleep until the Resurrection.

CLV Jn 11:11 He said these things, and after this He is saying to them, "Lazarus, our friend, has found repose, but I am going that I should be awakening him out of sleep."
12 The disciples, then, said to Him, "Lord, if he has repose, he shall be saved."
13 Now Jesus had made a declaration concerning his death, yet they suppose that He is saying it concerning the repose of sleep.
14 Jesus, then, said to them with boldness then, "Lazarus died.

BigD9832's photo
Fri 06/15/18 06:39 AM
From mightymoe
yea, but I can read a bible anytime I want, a forum is for disscussion, not copying biblical quotes and scriptures...the bible has no opinion, you do...

Well, I was hoping the discussion here would be about the word "eon."

And I do not mean the English term, so you English dictionary would do you no good.

Strong's

G165 aion ahee-ohn'
from the same as G104;

properly, an age; by extension, perpetuity (also past); by implication, the world; specially (Jewish) a Messianic period (present or future). Compare G5550.

CLV Matt 24:3 Now at His sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to Him privately, saying, "Tell us, when will these things be? And what is the sign of Thy presence and of the conclusion of the eon?"

What does your Bible say?

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/13/18 08:36 AM
This thread is about the word "eon" and how it relates to the Bible.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/13/18 08:31 AM

Ok I'm not like that crazy religious person who knows all but what are you talking about three gods?
trinity.. .

There is no "trinity" in the Scriptures.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/13/18 08:21 AM
There is no "hell."

There is no Ancient term for "hell."

It's a fable. A myth.

It's not Scriptural.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/13/18 08:06 AM
So what is the difference between the "children of God" and the "Sons of God"?

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/13/18 08:05 AM

Not just a man the son of God

:thumbsup:

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/13/18 08:02 AM
Edited by BigD9832 on Wed 06/13/18 08:03 AM
From mightymoe
ok..but your still dead..

We sleep until the Resurrection.

CLV 1Cor 15:51 Lo! a secret to you am I telling! We all, indeed, shall not be put to repose, yet we all shall be changed,
52 in an instant, in the twinkle of an eye, at the last trump. For He will be trumpeting, and the dead will be roused incorruptible, and we shall be changed.
53 For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal put on immortality.
54 Now, whenever this corruptible should be putting on incorruption and this mortal should be putting on immortality, then shall come to pass the word which is written, Swallowed up was Death by Victory.
55 Where, O Death, is your victory? Where, O Death, is your sting?

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/13/18 07:47 AM
From mightymoe
I don't see it mattering if it's a sin or not...isn't it true that all you have to do is recant to God and accept him and all is forgiven? There's some kind of escape clause they put in there...

Yes. It's called Jesus Christ. He shed His blood for your (and mine) sins.

Its ok, you have time...apparently you can do it on your deathbed, so you can sin up till then...

The problem with that is you never know when it will come. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed, even though we act like it is.

BigD9832's photo
Mon 06/11/18 06:57 AM
From IMFrisson
To call it lying and corrupt is to disrespect every scholar that ever chose to dedicate his/her life to Biblical studies. All of them rely on one or more particular versions. Such insults are clearly an example of an ignorance of personal scholarship resulting in boorish behavior. In effect, an attempt to weaponize a viewpoint which, at the very least, should be ignored.—IM

Thank you. :thumbsup:

BigD9832's photo
Sun 06/10/18 06:47 AM

From BlakeIAM
C orrupted
L ying
V ersion

waving

CLV= all about me , and NOT about Him.

And when did you read this English version?

Do you know the difference between the Ancient Koine Greek and the Modern Greek?

And still no evidence of corruption and lying.

BigD9832's photo
Sun 06/10/18 06:43 AM
From iam_resurrected
I will also make another point that the original Hebrew calendar was only 10 months long. so if I went by that calendar I would be 65 and could easily make 120, or close to it.

Can you show evidence of this?

BigD9832's photo
Sat 06/09/18 08:07 AM
CLV Gen 6:3 Then Yahweh |said: My spirit shall not abide in the human for the eon, in that he too is flesh. So his days will continue a hundred twenty years.

Ever known anyone who lived to be 120?

BigD9832's photo
Sat 06/09/18 08:03 AM
From shahi75
Need to know

Yes, according to the OT. It's a waste of seed and should at least be burried.

BigD9832's photo
Sat 06/09/18 08:03 AM
From BlakeIAM
C orrupted
L ying
V ersion

waving

CLV= all about me , and NOT about Him.

And when did you read this English version?

Do you know the difference between the Ancient Koine Greek and the Modern Greek?

BigD9832's photo
Thu 06/07/18 12:41 PM
From BlakeIAM
If Jesus Christ is God, (which He is) then there absolutely is a Trinity.

Nowhere in the Scriptures is Jesus called God. God told us Who Jesus is...

CLV Matt 3:17 And lo! a voice out of the heavens, saying, "This is My Son, the Beloved, in Whom I delight."

Jesus is the Son of God... not God. Jesus is exactly Who He said He was.

BigD9832's photo
Thu 06/07/18 12:36 PM
Guys. the title here is Which Did You Think Was "hell"? Not the Higgs Boson or Dark Matter.

Please stick to the subject.

BigD9832's photo
Thu 06/07/18 12:34 PM
From BlakeIAM
One verse should suffice.

I John 5:12
He that hath the Son hath life ; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.

Once again this man quotes to us from a mysterious source. Is there a name for the Bible you are using?

John, the beloved disciple, is dead. How then could he insist so strongly that he had "everlasting" life, and that all who are not believing this have made God a liar? It is evident that he did not have what we would understand by "everlasting" life or he would still be living. The rendering "eonian" avoids this difficulty. This life does not commence until the resurrection and lasts until death is no longer in action, at the consummation at the close of the eonian times. It will be, in effect, without end, but it would be foolish to predicate life when there is no death.

Doesn't the Bible tell us that ALL will have the Son?

CLV 1Cor 15:27 For He subjects all under His feet. Now whenever He may be saying that all is subject, it is evident that it is outside of Him Who subjects all to Him.
28 Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all.

There is that pesky word ALL again.

It says ALL will be subject to Him. All, not some.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/06/18 07:00 AM

Thank you TxsGal3333.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/06/18 06:55 AM
From greeneyes148
Well, either way its not going to be " tea with the Queen" down there but I'm going with fire.. otherwise you have to change the entire hell concept.. and that takes money and time.

It's not possible to have "tea with the queen" if the place does not exist.

As there is no Ancient term for "hell" that mean the word, and the place< does not exist.

Of course only a select few would want to change the whole "hell" concept. Only those interested in truth, that is.