Community > Posts By > BigD9832

BigD9832's photo
Mon 06/25/18 06:01 AM
There is no "rapture" in the Scriptures.

You have not proven that there is.

Everyone has an opinion.

BigD9832's photo
Mon 06/25/18 05:58 AM
And you still have not shown that there is a "rapture" in the Bible.

Who said anything about "laptop"?

I am really not interested in your opinions. And you have not presented any evidence to back up your claims. Just hot air.

Really. Everyone has an opinion.

BigD9832's photo
Sun 06/24/18 09:43 AM

BigD9832's photo
Sun 06/24/18 09:40 AM
You mean like "rapture"?

BigD9832's photo
Sat 06/23/18 04:40 PM

Of course, my statements on Hilary were designed to show how polls and the predictions of men are fallible and unstable.

BigD9832's photo
Sat 06/23/18 04:36 PM

CLV John 11:24 Martha is saying to Him, "I am aware that he will be rising in the resurrection in the last day."
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the Resurrection and the Life. He who is believing in Me, even if he should be dying, shall be living.
26 And everyone who is living and believing in Me, should by no means be dying for the eon. Are you believing this?"

BigD9832's photo
Sat 06/23/18 04:32 PM
Telling the truth brings God glory. Making up words and adding them to the Bible does just the opposite.

BigD9832's photo
Sat 06/23/18 08:52 AM

Tom4Uhere,

What you've typed sound like an atheist's statement.
You remind me one who said almost similar and that one told me frankly as an atheist.

:thumbsup:

BigD9832's photo
Sat 06/23/18 08:50 AM
From RunneRea
An angel has soul and spirit, am I wrong?
Or an angel just has spirit?

Soul gives personality.
My small brain think, each angel own different angelic personality.
And evil (satan) has spirit with satanic personality

Or spirit's divided by 2, angelic and satanic?!

The word "angel" has been mistranslated in some English versions.

Strong's

H4397 mal'ak mal-awk'
from an unused root meaning to despatch as a deputy;

a messenger; specifically, of God, i.e. an angel (also a prophet, priest or teacher).

So, not all messengers are celestial. But some are.

It takes some real studying to be able to tell the difference.

The Catholics have their own version of the Bible that they believe supports many of their strange beliefs. I suggest you get yourself a non-Catholic version, something a bit more accurate.

BigD9832's photo
Sat 06/23/18 07:28 AM
From RunneRea
The spirit goes back to its owner, for it belongs to the Owner (the Creator)

The body gets rotten

This is very good. The body does get rotten and eventually (given enough time) turns to soil. Mulch. Compost.

CLV Gen 3:19 By the sweat of your brow shall you eat your bread, Until you return to the ground, for from it were you taken. For soil you are, and to soil you shall return.

The soul only exists when the Creator give the spirit back to to soul
The soul & spirit, without body (flesh & blood), it's called Ghost

Regardless of what the Catholic church teaches, the Bible tells us that a soul is a product of a body and a spirit united. I have not seen an incident where the soul and spirit exist without a body. Not in the Scriptures, anyway.

A living human is the most complete creation of all, has spirit, soul, body (and all its well functionally inner organs, especially brain)

Very good. Body, soul, and spirit make a man complete.

BigD9832's photo
Fri 06/22/18 05:58 PM
No one is denying Jesus Christ here.

You seem confused.

BigD9832's photo
Fri 06/22/18 05:57 PM
In death...

1. The body goes back to the ground (Gen. 3:19)

2. The soul goes to the Unseen. (Ecc. 9:5 + 10)

3. And the Spirit back to it's Maker. (Ecc. 12:7)

So in this sense, death can be seen as a return.

BigD9832's photo
Fri 06/22/18 09:32 AM
From BlakeIAM
This .

I have no idea what this means.

Mistranslating the word 'aion' into "eternal" brings no glory to God.

An 'aion' is an age. a time period. It has a beginning and an ending.

It is NOT "eternal."

Still, you didn't answer the question. If so many of these "aions" are translated as "forever," how can they be plural?

How many "forevers" do you think there are?

Still no answer.

BigD9832's photo
Fri 06/22/18 09:26 AM

I have been raised as a catholic and still a catholic.
Yet I am also learning bible teaching of Jehovah Witnesses.
It makes sense to me... they stated when one died it means
one goes into a deeply sleep for long until the resurrection time.

Much closer to what the Scriptures say.

BigD9832's photo
Thu 06/21/18 06:04 PM
From mikey4yousweety
If you're using scriptures to back up you're an idea then it's not your idea, you're just quoting someone else's idea whoa

Perhaps that's why I used the word "post." whoa Nelly!

BigD9832's photo
Thu 06/21/18 06:02 PM
I am sorry for your loss.

The Scriptures tells us we sleep until the Resurrection.

CLV John 11:11 He said these things, and after this He is saying to them, "Lazarus, our friend, has found repose, but I am going that I should be awakening him out of sleep."
12 The disciples, then, said to Him, "Lord, if he has repose, he shall be saved."
13 Now Jesus had made a declaration concerning his death, yet they suppose that He is saying it concerning the repose of sleep.
14 Jesus, then, said to them with boldness then, "Lazarus died.
15 And I am rejoicing because of you, that you should be believing, seeing that I was not there. But we may be going to him."

CLV Jn 11:22 But even now I am aware that whatsoever Thou shouldst be requesting of God, God will be giving to Thee."
23 Jesus is saying to her, "Your brother will be rising."
24 Martha is saying to Him, "I am aware that he will be rising in the resurrection in the last day."
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the Resurrection and the Life. He who is believing in Me, even if he should be dying, shall be living.
26 And everyone who is living and believing in Me, should by no means be dying for the eon. Are you believing this?"

BigD9832's photo
Thu 06/21/18 09:38 AM

From A. E. Knoch

Varying versions and differing doctrines now compel every true lover of God and His holy Word to search the Scriptures in the original. Hitherto this could be done only by Greek scholars. Now it is easy for all who know English. A safe, simple system enables everyone to go past the opinions and traditions of men right back to the inspired writings. Why untangle discordant versions by means of laborious helps and constant corrections, when the mere use of a concordant version will give far greater results with much less effort? This is what students of the Scriptures have always needed, a method of transferring God's thoughts into English, down to the most minute particulars, uniformly, consistently, by a system conforming to the fundamental laws of language. Other translations are filtered through human minds that do not even claim to comprehend what they translate. The Concordant is the only version which recognizes and bridges human fallibility and translates beyond the compiler's knowledge. Others never could escape the bias of the man or men who did the work. This version is bound to be better than the best human interpretation. It seems unbelievable until you understand the method and realize the results. Read it! Revel in it!

The 4 NT Ancient Greek manuscripts that the CLV is taken from are...

Codex Vaticanus (a & b)
Codex Alexandrinus
Codex Sinaiticus

BigD9832's photo
Thu 06/21/18 09:21 AM

CLV 1Thess 5:21 Yet be testing all, retaining the ideal.

Or, as the KJV says...

KJV 1Thess 5:21 Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

I don't see anyone using the Scriptures to back up their ideas here.

BigD9832's photo
Thu 06/21/18 08:58 AM
From BlakeIAM
I do not care what you adhere to and there is no particular morality being spoken of.

Again, untrue. When you use the word "should" you are speaking of your own morality. You are trying to impose your own morality onto me. It won't work.

No where in my post you quoted does it say anything about adding words to Scripture.

Sure you are. You are trying to fit the word "rapture" into the Bible. You even say you know it's not there, and yet you insist it is, if only in meaning. You said...

And yes I know the word rapture isn't in the Bible ,but what it represents is and is an acceptable word to define an event that hasn't happen yet , but will happen .

There is no "rapture" in the Bible, despite what "Left Behind" tells you.

So I'm not sure why you are implying that and asking your latter question.

There is no implication. I am asking you to back up what you say with Scriptures. So far, you have not done that.

BigD9832's photo
Wed 06/20/18 09:03 AM
From
In the manner that I used "should " is 100% accurate.

And yes I know the word rapture isn't in the Bible ,but what it represents is and is an acceptable word to define an event that hasn't happen yet , but will happen .

There are many words not in the Bible that can be used to teach, describe, expound , illustrate, ect. God and His teachings and prophecies.

Nothing wrong with that as long as it is in harmony with the Scriptures and within the context of the Scriptures.

I don't adhere to your particular morality. Therefore, it is NOT 100% accurate.

And by whose standards is it not "wrong"? Certainly not by Paul's standards. How can it be OK to add words to the Scriptures...

CLV Re 22:18 "I am testifying to everyone who is hearing the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If ever anyone may be appending onto them, God shall be appending onto him the calamities written in this scroll.
19 And if ever anyone should be eliminating from the words of the scroll of this prophecy, God shall be eliminating his part from the log of life, and out of the holy city, that is written in this scroll.

Can you post a verse from the Bible that says it's OK to make up words and add them to the Bible?

1 2 7 8 9 11 13 14 15 19 20