Community > Posts By > DragonFlyTat

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:57 AM
House burnt down April 25, 2008, husband passed away July 26, 2008. Been fighting with insurance company about fire. Lawyers, bills, working two jobs, getting very little sleep, going back to college in fall. Holding my little family together by a thread.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:54 AM
Mt. Dew, Ice Sweet Tea

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:53 AM
Thank you for your comments. They were very sincere and sweet. I actually have two daughters one 16 one getting ready to turn 19 in ten more days. The 16 year old is having a very, very difficult time with her daddy passing on. It was very unexpected.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:50 AM

Does saving lives justify being a jerk to everyone? Or does that level of bitterness and misery cause more damage than the cures it produces?
If you are as good as House then save those lives. In reality NO. If someone talked to me that way about my loved ones especially my two daughters I would be in their face.rant

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:46 AM

Everyone I've been involved with -- with one exception -- has made it a priority to "domesticate" me.

I will not be domesticated. Period.

In terms of other changes -- yes, we all adapt, we all learn, and grow -- and compromise. We agree to make an effort to address problems and problematic situations.

But I will not change the who of who I am.

We wouldn't want you to change Lex. We are all different and that is what makes us special.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:41 AM

working until 3:15
go tan
grab something for my daughters to chow on
lay down for a quick nap
get to second job by 7
work until 1a.m.

Don't I live the most exciting life ever?!?!?!

Well at least you are making the money!

and bravo for taking care of your child alone. Good work!

Good single Parents are truly amazing people. drinker
Not single parent by choice though. My husband passed away last July. I have to be the glue that holds everything together.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:37 AM
working until 3:15
go tan
grab something for my daughters to chow on
lay down for a quick nap
get to second job by 7
work until 1a.m.

Don't I live the most exciting life ever?!?!?!

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:24 AM
wish we could do yard work here, it has rained every day since Monday and going to continue for the next 7 days

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:18 AM
You are the best thing that has happened to me.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:14 AM
It should be easy but with constant maintenance. You always have to work on a relationship. It never ends.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:10 AM
I do believe that. I thought I loved my husband equally but when he started sliding I gave up all for my daughters well being. He loved me until the end and told me so.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 09:06 AM
dinner plans hummmm that sounds promising (big grin)

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 07:50 AM
wouldn't know or care if someone was watching me shower. I get up, pee, and hit the shower first thing so my eyes are usually closed until I have to open them up

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 07:12 AM
my dog (a teacup chihuahua)....she wanted me to get up and let her have all of the covers

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 07:02 AM
Hey Mirrormirror....I believe they are the same you have to fight to stay alive in both love and war.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 06:57 AM
When I was married my husband never raised his voice in 20 years. He would talk very calmly and make me madder and madder. He would say, "Honey, if you are going to be like that I will wait until you calm down." He was very soft spoken but a big man. They called him the gentle giant. He was a very sweet man but could kick some butt.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 06:47 AM

Got any??? I'll take KC Masterpiece!

*shakes head*....Nooooooo. if you want the best, you have to have Sweet Baby Ray's.
Sweet Baby Ray's is the only b.b.q. for our house.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 06:33 AM
Really sweet when I got to work I had an email from my boyfriend telling me he loved me and went and bought me the new Rascal Flatts CD. My favorite country band. What a sweetie. He buys and does small things for me and surpises me all of the time. love

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 06:30 AM
Depends on what you are getting over or past. If it is a break up move on and let time heal it. Start dating and get out of the house and do things so you aren't sitting at home thinking.
If it is a death then nothing will help. Time and memories! Time, people keep telling me will help, hasn't so far. Memories keep him alive for me. Dreams of him nightly keeps him in the front of my mind always.

DragonFlyTat's photo
Fri 05/01/09 06:22 AM
Amen!

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next