Community > Posts By > Dan99

Dan99's photo
Tue 03/06/12 02:46 PM
How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie (revised edition)

Has anyone read this? What do you make of it?

I am only about half way through this book at the moment, and so far i am finding it to be one of the most inspirational things i have ever read. It is one of those books which might just make you a better person by the end of it.

The most useful part of it so far for me, is its explanation of the futility of criticism in others. It has made me realise how much i do critise others and is making me realise how wrong and ineffective this is. I hope to put into practice many of the ideas in this book, and im fairly certain it is going to improve me as a person and my life in general. I have never felt this so much about a book before.

Everybody should read this. Kids should be made to read it in school.

While we are here, what is the most inspirational book you have ever read?

Dan99's photo
Tue 03/06/12 02:20 PM
I dont fart, i just make a lot of invisible turds.

Dan99's photo
Sun 03/04/12 03:17 AM
If it means that much to you, then go and and get her. Write to her, go see her, whatever is possible.

She might tell you to get lost or slap your face, but at least you would know you have to move on.

But then things might just go well for you too. Good luck.

Dan99's photo
Sat 03/03/12 11:13 PM
Many Happy Returns! x

Dan99's photo
Sat 02/25/12 03:32 AM
I could read every post you have ever made in these forums and probably find out a lot about you. We give more away than we realise. Many people have their entire lifes history in their own words documented for absolutely anyone to read.

Id find out if he actually does know where you live before cutting him off. If he does it might be worth finding out who he is so you would be able to report him if you needed to.

Dan99's photo
Wed 02/15/12 11:42 PM
Makes sense. Dead Bunnies are better than live ones too, because you can really attack those difficult dried up poop stains once the rigor mortis has set in.

Dan99's photo
Wed 02/15/12 02:25 PM

Ya'll are two sick puppies......ill :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I heard a rumour that Koury wipes her butt with sick puppies.

Dan99's photo
Wed 02/15/12 06:55 AM

well if she drinks beer you cant even go near the bathroom for atleast an hour after she gets out. shes gonna kill me when she sees this but its true. one morning the smell even followed her back into the bedroom LOL

Maybe she didnt wipe properly? Or got some stuck under her finger nail?

You always said she was slapdash with the back gash.

Dan99's photo
Wed 02/15/12 06:34 AM
So Phil, how are you finding Koury's pooping habits now that you live with her?

Dan99's photo
Wed 02/15/12 03:49 AM
May all the religious folk prove my athiesm wrong and bring you the health and healing you deserve.

Dan99's photo
Wed 02/15/12 03:44 AM
I will, DTHFisheo.

Dan99's photo
Wed 02/15/12 03:21 AM
then in the url box change the number at the end to select the page, you can go back to your first ever post. I did this recently and discovered i have always been a complete azzhole.

Dan99's photo
Wed 02/15/12 03:09 AM

The fishiest thing about this thread is that it actually rolled over. What the fish?

Fished if i know!

Dan99's photo
Wed 02/15/12 03:04 AM
She says - Im going for a bath, she means - I'm off to masturbate

Dan99's photo
Mon 02/13/12 11:44 PM

with her money im betting she baught a NICE farm with a nice golden bucket to kick around

Phil!

Its been a long time mate. Hope life if treating you well.

Dan99's photo
Mon 02/13/12 11:42 PM

Thank G-d he takes after his mom

Hopefully he has got my brains though!

Dan99's photo
Sun 02/12/12 07:55 AM
Forgive me for my over use of the word 'though'!

Dan99's photo
Sun 02/12/12 07:47 AM

No two LDR situations are going to be exactly the same, so you and Mano are going to have to work things out mainly for yourself.

Ive been through one and come out good the other side. We made it through total honesty and accountibility with each other. We spoke daily, and we saw each other monthly. I dont know where you both live or your financial situations. If you cant see each other regularly, it will be harder. You need real time together to build on what you have.

Ultimately, and most importantly by far, one of you must be willing to relocate at some stage. If not, cut your losses now, it will only get harder.

You also need privacy. Your entire relationship should not be posted all over the forums for all to see. Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful thing, but there should be a limit on what you share with the rest of us.

I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

Dan...Thanks, this makes so much sense to me...and I agree about relocating, sooner or later, one or the other must be willing to do it if the relationship is going to progress...Also KNOW you are right about privacy...I think it was way too soon to announce it because we already had enough issues to deal with...it is a beautiful thing, but it is also a personal thing...flowerforyou

Its been announced now, you cant take that back, and i wouldnt worry too much about having done it. Its not necessarily a bad thing to do, everyone knows you are both spoken for now and hopefully any previous competition will do the right thing and back off and let you two get on with it.

I dont remember exactly now how we let people know, i dont think we made a thread specific to the cause, we were probably a little more subtle. But there is no specific right or wrong way though. I do remember though making a point of not being overly flirtatious or lovey-dovey in the threads though. I had seen many other 'couples' do this, and it led to their demise. Some people became jealous of it, some people were sickened by it, some people stuck their noses in and caused trouble, and some of these couples were not strong enough to survive it.

But dont necessarily listen to me, do what you both want to do. This is a different, and much nicer site, to the one i was on at the time.

Dan99's photo
Sun 02/12/12 06:59 AM
No two LDR situations are going to be exactly the same, so you and Mano are going to have to work things out mainly for yourself.

Ive been through one and come out good the other side. We made it through total honesty and accountibility with each other. We spoke daily, and we saw each other monthly. I dont know where you both live or your financial situations. If you cant see each other regularly, it will be harder. You need real time together to build on what you have.

Ultimately, and most importantly by far, one of you must be willing to relocate at some stage. If not, cut your losses now, it will only get harder.

You also need privacy. Your entire relationship should not be posted all over the forums for all to see. Don't get me wrong, its a beautiful thing, but there should be a limit on what you share with the rest of us.

I wish you all the luck in the world with it.

Dan99's photo
Sun 02/12/12 05:30 AM
Do you really need to mention your alimony or bi-polar to anyone if you are never going to get close with them? Its nobodies business unless you tell them. As soon as you divulge information about yourself people are going to have their opinions, rightly or wrongly.

1 2 4 6 7 8 9 24 25