Community > Posts By > Dan99

Dan99's photo
Tue 04/10/12 12:14 AM

I believe in aliens. (Non human type) Feel free to laugh out loud at that. I'm really quite used to that. I hope I am wrong cause the aliens are not nice -- and they are not all our friends. They could just be demons. Some religions believe in demons. People laugh at that too.

If you believe in God and the Devil, you shouldn't laugh at me for believing in aliens.

They could be one and the same.

That's all made up fiction conjured up to scare the masses. You may place your faith in man-made stories, but I don't.
Why should I believe in your pure fiction.

There is absolutely NO EVIDENCE of your ficticious characters!

FICTION! FICTION! FICTION! FICTION! FICTION!

IT'S FICTION!!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

I simply stated that I believe in aliens. I did not say that YOU should believe.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

However, religious fanatics try to convince others that they should believe the same or else they will go to hell.

You are more than welcome to believe in fiction.

If you want to believe in fiction without evidence, that's fine.

Just remember, IT IS FICTION!

LOL!

Aliens are a lot less ficticious than God. It is massively probable that somewhere out there are many other forms of intelligent and not so intelligent life. This is based on science, and not any kind of ficticious book. The only reason there is no actual evidence of life elsewhere is because of the massive distance there would be between us. The nearest star(besides the sun) that a planet with life could potentially be revolving around, is about 25 billion miles away. We'll most likely never see any evidence of aliens but it doesnt mean they aren't out there.

if its massively probable there are other forms of intelligent life,, what mkes it so improbable there is such an intelligent life that we refer to as 'God'?

Because we exist it is likely that others exist, it makes sense. They would have evolved in the same or a similar way we did. An omnipotent creator doesnt make sense, because it begs the question, who/what created the creator. And who/what created the creator's creator etc, it doesnt make any sense at all.

No that wouldn't make sense. Why would our creator need to be created? Why couldn't whom created us have always been since the beginning? The cycle of life is only the cycle of life in this world, in this flesh eg., born, live, die, ect. So again, I ask why would our creator have to have a creator itself?

Explain to me how you know that 'God has always been' please. And i would appreciate it if you dont waste my time by quoting scripture.

Of course i cant prove that everything needs a beginning. Maybe there are physicists out there that can, im not sure. But it MAKES SENSE that everything needs to come from somewhere. It does not make any sense that anything could always have been. And this is just one aspect of relgion that doesnt make any sense, the list of senseless stuff about religion goes on and on(almost infinitely it seems), so i can only assume i am right to believe that even a creator would need creating.

Charles Darwin removed the need for a creator in a very plausible way(which no doubt you will be able to explain is not correct although nobody else has been able to do this in a couple of hundred years). Stephen Hawking has explained how the universe could have been created from nothing in a way that is plausible to those who understand quantum physics(not me). It is something to do with the Law of Gravity, which apparantly has always existed. If you were to tell me that you believed gravity was god i wouldnt argue with you too much.

Stephen Hawking runs into a little trouble with his "gravity" theory.

Gravity doesn't exist without mass yet his gravity somehow created mass?

There will be an explanation to this, but i dont know what it is. Maybe someone more knowlegable than me will give the answer.

Dan99's photo
Tue 04/10/12 12:08 AM

I was hoping that more people were going to come forward to argue how religion doesnt abuse kids. Maybe people know deep down that it does?

or maybe its just too ridiculous for most others to address and six pages is really fairly long for such a topic

I dont know if I posted 'hoodies kill children',, if it would last six pages,,,

When kids are without question being raised to martyr themselves by blowing themselves up and killing others, you cannot disagree that religion abuses children.

This is of course a more obvious way it happens. I believe it happens in many less obvious ways too.

If there were only a remote possibility that kids are being abused, in any kind of way, then it is only proper to talk through the subject properly, no?

It is ridiculous not to discuss the subject.

And it is ridiculous to say that 'hoodies kill children' is a comparable subject.

People unwilling to talk about this subject, even if i turned out to be completely wrong, are basically condoning the abuse of kids, because it is undeniable that there are questions that need to be asked.

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 11:57 PM

i fail to see what anyone else thinks of mohammad has anything to do with anything... are you people looking for a fight? if you said something bad about jesus, would people get in line to kill you? thats a fanatical thought process, and not doing anything to help you tell how good islam is... think about that...

ifi say bad thing about jesus OMG. People gonna kill me?.Beter you burn me in fire even if i have a bad thaught about jesus are muses in my mind.

People will cut your face off if you say anything bad about Jesus, people will cut your face off if you say anything bad about Mohammed. Neither religion is better than the other when you look at history, although Islam is causing the most trouble in the world today(or should i say Islamic people?). Either way, religion keeps proving itself to be a poisonous thing much more than a nice loving peaceful thing.

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 11:44 PM
I was hoping that more people were going to come forward to argue how religion doesnt abuse kids. Maybe people know deep down that it does?

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 11:40 PM

I believe in aliens. (Non human type) Feel free to laugh out loud at that. I'm really quite used to that. I hope I am wrong cause the aliens are not nice -- and they are not all our friends. They could just be demons. Some religions believe in demons. People laugh at that too.

If you believe in God and the Devil, you shouldn't laugh at me for believing in aliens.

That's all made up fiction conjured up to scare the masses. You may place your faith in man-made stories, but I don't.

IT'S FICTION!!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

I simply stated that I believe in aliens. I did not say that YOU should believe.

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

However, religious fanatics try to convince others that they should believe the same or else they will go to hell.

LOL!

Aliens are a lot less ficticious than God. It is massively probable that somewhere out there are many other forms of intelligent and not so intelligent life. This is based on science, and not any kind of ficticious book. The only reason there is no actual evidence of life elsewhere is because of the massive distance there would be between us. The nearest star(besides the sun) that a planet with life could potentially be revolving around, is about 25 billion miles away. We'll most likely never see any evidence of aliens but it doesnt mean they aren't out there.

if its massively probable there are other forms of intelligent life,, what mkes it so improbable there is such an intelligent life that we refer to as 'God'?

Because we exist it is likely that others exist, it makes sense. They would have evolved in the same or a similar way we did. An omnipotent creator doesnt make sense, because it begs the question, who/what created the creator. And who/what created the creator's creator etc, it doesnt make any sense at all.

No that wouldn't make sense. Why would our creator need to be created? Why couldn't whom created us have always been since the beginning? The cycle of life is only the cycle of life in this world, in this flesh eg., born, live, die, ect. So again, I ask why would our creator have to have a creator itself?

Explain to me how you know that 'God has always been' please. And i would appreciate it if you dont waste my time by quoting scripture.

Of course i cant prove that everything needs a beginning. Maybe there are physicists out there that can, im not sure. But it MAKES SENSE that everything needs to come from somewhere. It does not make any sense that anything could always have been. And this is just one aspect of relgion that doesnt make any sense, the list of senseless stuff about religion goes on and on(almost infinitely it seems), so i can only assume i am right to believe that even a creator would need creating.

Charles Darwin removed the need for a creator in a very plausible way(which no doubt you will be able to explain is not correct although nobody else has been able to do this in a couple of hundred years). Stephen Hawking has explained how the universe could have been created from nothing in a way that is plausible to those who understand quantum physics(not me). It is something to do with the Law of Gravity, which apparantly has always existed. If you were to tell me that you believed gravity was god i wouldnt argue with you too much.

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 11:10 PM

yeh im sure u do...but u dont know what ur talking about so...i could show u sum **** that would change ur mind

No you couldnt. You could, however, show me some **** which would make me think you are irrational. Everything, absolutely everything, you think you could show me as some kind of proof, will have some kind of rational and plausuble explanation. Please go ahead and show me this **** if you want to.

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 09:47 AM

IT'S FICTION!!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

LOL!

I'm sure if there is, then they/it (God) can also be identified as aliens.

aliens: "Non human intelligent self aware life forms."

I believe that aliens travel to this earth inter-dimensionally. NOT in normal spaceships that would require speeds faster than the speed of light.

The travel is accomplished by bending space and going through worm-holes.

Advanced beings (aliens) came to earth long ago and manipulated the primitive humans on this planet genetically. We know this genetic manipulation is possible because we ourselves are now capable of doing it.

Yes, we humans are experimenting on how to design and create life and DNA, so it is not science fiction to think that beings from the other side of the galaxy are doing it too, and have done it to our earth.

These beings were worshiped as Gods. They were in competition here on earth to develop a human subject. There were many Gods/aliens working on these projects all over the world. The Mayans had aliens, the middle east, and the American Indians has their alien gods too.

The "gods" are aliens. The aliens are the gods.

I dont agree with your theory, but i at least give it credit that it is to some degree possible(however slim the chance might be). The god that most people refer to as god, i say is entirley impossible.

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 09:42 AM

IT'S FICTION!!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

LOL!

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 08:32 AM

burn lots of sage and smudge the place while blessing it- do this at least once a week to the entire house...but ****..if i was u, id be doing that everyday until it stopped then once a weeks after that

I think it would be better to add the sage to some breadcrumbs, with some onion, and to them bake them in the oven for twenty minutes.

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 08:29 AM
There is absolutely no evidence of any kind of ghost or spooky thing ever appearing anywhere on the entire planet. So rest assured, there is another more reasonable explanation.

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 08:24 AM

IT'S FICTION!!!!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

LOL!

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 08:10 AM
This thread is about abuse, so if i havent abused the word abuse yet, i will keep on abusing it until it it well and truly abused!

Dan99's photo
Mon 04/09/12 08:04 AM
Who was advocating that parents should teach their kids to believe in superheroes?

Again, silly arguments.

I dont believe that all parents are abusing their kids by bringing them up with religion. But i do believe that many are, and none of them will realise they are doing it.

If you teach your kid to fear god so much that he has nightmares, you are abusing him. If you teach your kids not to accept people with different faiths or no faith, or homosexuals, you are abusing him and teaching him to abuse others. If you force your beliefs upon him in a way that he has to live in fear of letting you down because he learns not to agree with you later in life, you are abusing him. If you teach him that the earth is only 10,000 years old, you are going to make a fool of him as you do yourself, and you are abusing him.

There are many other ways in which religious parents abuse their kids, i will post more as i think of them.

Dan99's photo
Sun 04/01/12 06:05 AM

You make me proud Dan!

That gets you another point on your MAN card.

Thanks Krupa, that takes me up to a whole point and a half!

Dan99's photo
Sun 04/01/12 06:04 AM
It is a little bit pervy, in my opinion. If you are willing to go as young as 18 year olds, does it really just stop dead there? How about 17 or 16?

Dan99's photo
Sun 04/01/12 05:54 AM

Mankind has had religion since the beginnings of what we can dig up. One could say it is part of what makes us unique. Since it has such a long history as being part of our daily lives, it is hard to understand how one could say it is alien, harmful, or damaging.

One only needs to look at the state of
the world to understand how it has been damaging.
Eons of indoctrination has not served us well.
No difference between teaching a kid to make a bomb
and teaching a kid to use a gun to kill.

Now again since I can't account for all the different beliefs. Just look at the Christian point of view on what you have said. Heck the scriptures teach the same as they teach in elementry about your conduct "treat others the way you wish to be treated".

Matthew 7:12
12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

do you need scriptures to tell you this or can't you think on your own?Matter of fact how stupid were people thousands of years ago to need someone to tell them,"you need to treat others as you want to be treated"

If it is not needed to be told, then why do they teach this to our children in early school? If they already know, then why tell them? And do you think children truly know this when they are born?

Some things are in our genes and do not need to be learnt, other things we pick up throughout life.

Children are instinctively gullible for a reason, it is in our human nature to trust our parents for reasons of survival. 'Dont swim with the crocodiles' for example, is good survival advice, and if we didnt listen to our parents advice we would not be as strong a species as we are.

This is why it is wrong to bring kids up with religion, because they will believe whatever you tell them even if it is wrong. If Christianity happened to be correct, then all those poor islamic and jewish kids are being led to a life full of wasted time, money and beliefs.

so who has the expertise or authority to determine that reigious beliefs are 'wrong'?

children are to be guided in the right direction, and that is each parents perogative to decide what that direction is,,,,,

sometimes not only children are gullible, sometimes children grow into adults who have been brainwashed to think if it makes you 'unhappy' or doesnt let you do WHATVER happens to make you happy,,,,its wrong

There are all kinds of mental and emotional abuse of which religion is only one.

A good sign of someone that has been abused and/or brainwashed is some one who continues to believe what they have been taught, even when clear and astonishing evidence has been put before them to prove the contrary, but they are still unable to change their view. This is also a good sign of someone who is likely to be an abuser themselves.

abuse is not about belief

abuse is : improper or excessive use or treatment

there is a list too long to mention of things that can be improperly used or excessively used

people use EXCESSIVE focus on sports abusively to villify their children, they use EXCESSIVE focus on academics to villify their children, they use EXCESSIVE focus on appearance and beauty to villify their children

but , as I said before, the abuse starts with the PERSON, not with their tool of choice,,,

When the tool of choice has been passed down to them through generation after generation, century after century, then that tool of choice has to take some blame eventually.

great, lets stop teaching boys to be athletic or girls to be ladies or that education is important or that we should try to be 'healthy'

these traditions keep being passed down and used abusively by many too,,,,,

The problem with discussing religion with people that will defend it to the end, is that they will come out with the most stupidest of arguments in order to do so.

Dan99's photo
Sun 04/01/12 01:26 AM

Mankind has had religion since the beginnings of what we can dig up. One could say it is part of what makes us unique. Since it has such a long history as being part of our daily lives, it is hard to understand how one could say it is alien, harmful, or damaging.

Now again since I can't account for all the different beliefs. Just look at the Christian point of view on what you have said. Heck the scriptures teach the same as they teach in elementry about your conduct "treat others the way you wish to be treated".

12Therefore all things whatsoever ye would that men should do to you, do ye even so to them: for this is the law and the prophets.

do you need scriptures to tell you this or can't you think on your own?Matter of fact how stupid were people thousands of years ago to need someone to tell them,"you need to treat others as you want to be treated"

If it is not needed to be told, then why do they teach this to our children in early school? If they already know, then why tell them? And do you think children truly know this when they are born?

Some things are in our genes and do not need to be learnt, other things we pick up throughout life.

Children are instinctively gullible for a reason, it is in our human nature to trust our parents for reasons of survival. 'Dont swim with the crocodiles' for example, is good survival advice, and if we didnt listen to our parents advice we would not be as strong a species as we are.

This is why it is wrong to bring kids up with religion, because they will believe whatever you tell them even if it is wrong. If Christianity happened to be correct, then all those poor islamic and jewish kids are being led to a life full of wasted time, money and beliefs.

so who has the expertise or authority to determine that reigious beliefs are 'wrong'?

children are to be guided in the right direction, and that is each parents perogative to decide what that direction is,,,,,

sometimes not only children are gullible, sometimes children grow into adults who have been brainwashed to think if it makes you 'unhappy' or doesnt let you do WHATVER happens to make you happy,,,,its wrong

There are all kinds of mental and emotional abuse of which religion is only one.

A good sign of someone that has been abused and/or brainwashed is some one who continues to believe what they have been taught, even when clear and astonishing evidence has been put before them to prove the contrary, but they are still unable to change their view. This is also a good sign of someone who is likely to be an abuser themselves.

abuse is not about belief

abuse is : improper or excessive use or treatment

there is a list too long to mention of things that can be improperly used or excessively used

people use EXCESSIVE focus on sports abusively to villify their children, they use EXCESSIVE focus on academics to villify their children, they use EXCESSIVE focus on appearance and beauty to villify their children

but , as I said before, the abuse starts with the PERSON, not with their tool of choice,,,

When the tool of choice has been passed down to them through generation after generation, century after century, then that tool of choice has to take some blame eventually.

Dan99's photo
Sun 04/01/12 01:11 AM

First point: The question assumes 'religion' is one distinct, easily definable principle , which is false, religions have many many different principles within them which are taught in many many different manners

Second point: The federal government defines child abuse as
Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation"; or

"An act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm."

I was brought up with religion. It did not kill me, physically harm me, emotionally harm me, sexually abuse me, or exploit me or put me at SERIOUS Risk of harm. So I guess there can probably not be an honest YES or NO answer to whether it is child abuse, because I know of MANY MANY other people like me for which religion has done none of these things.

so I come to the third point

RELIGION is not child abuse, although people can be ABUSIVE in how they choose to teach it to children. In many of the scenarios listed here, the issue is the ABUSIVE manner in which the child is supposedly introduced or 'indoctrinated' into the religion, it is not the religion itself.

For instance, as a child, I was at a certain developmental stage. Parents often give children stories to develop their imaginations and their sense of lifes possibilities,, at this stage. Some parents may be upset if their child does not adhere and they may disown them ,,like the parent who threatens to not give a christmas gift because a kid says santa isnt real, or a parent who 'disowns' a child for merely 'disbelieving' in some tradition when they get older (disbelief and disrespect are different things though...)

,and that would be abusive. OTher parents (mine, for instance) provide the resource and the information and let the children get from it what they can, which is NOT Abusive at all.

My siblings and myself ALL grew up with religion. OF the five of us, only two of us grew into adulthood with a strong belief in God or the Bible. The other three would probably be considered agnostic.

My parents exposed us to as many DIFFERENT cultures/philosophies as possible when we were children so we could use the brain they gave us to use them towards our own emotional and intellectual benefit.

,,short answer,,

Is teaching religion to children abusive? .....NO

Do abusive parents teach religion to their children with abusive methods?,,,SURE

I never said that all parents that bring their kids up with religion are abusing them. But it is often the case, even if you cant see it. Also, many adults that i would consider to have been abused by their parents through religion would not be able to recognise or acknowledge the fact either. Just like some pedophiles that were abused themselves as kids, they believe their actions to be normal.

but the title was 'religion is child abuse'

not can children be abused through religion...

It is 'religon is child abuse?' (with a question mark).

Dan99's photo
Sun 04/01/12 01:08 AM

Dan99's photo
Sun 04/01/12 12:59 AM

First point: The question assumes 'religion' is one distinct, easily definable principle , which is false, religions have many many different principles within them which are taught in many many different manners

Second point: The federal government defines child abuse as
Any recent act or failure to act on the part of a parent or caretaker which results in death, serious physical or emotional harm, sexual abuse or exploitation"; or

"An act or failure to act which presents an imminent risk of serious harm."

I was brought up with religion. It did not kill me, physically harm me, emotionally harm me, sexually abuse me, or exploit me or put me at SERIOUS Risk of harm. So I guess there can probably not be an honest YES or NO answer to whether it is child abuse, because I know of MANY MANY other people like me for which religion has done none of these things.

so I come to the third point

RELIGION is not child abuse, although people can be ABUSIVE in how they choose to teach it to children. In many of the scenarios listed here, the issue is the ABUSIVE manner in which the child is supposedly introduced or 'indoctrinated' into the religion, it is not the religion itself.

For instance, as a child, I was at a certain developmental stage. Parents often give children stories to develop their imaginations and their sense of lifes possibilities,, at this stage. Some parents may be upset if their child does not adhere and they may disown them ,,like the parent who threatens to not give a christmas gift because a kid says santa isnt real, or a parent who 'disowns' a child for merely 'disbelieving' in some tradition when they get older (disbelief and disrespect are different things though...)

,and that would be abusive. OTher parents (mine, for instance) provide the resource and the information and let the children get from it what they can, which is NOT Abusive at all.

My siblings and myself ALL grew up with religion. OF the five of us, only two of us grew into adulthood with a strong belief in God or the Bible. The other three would probably be considered agnostic.

My parents exposed us to as many DIFFERENT cultures/philosophies as possible when we were children so we could use the brain they gave us to use them towards our own emotional and intellectual benefit.

,,short answer,,

Is teaching religion to children abusive? .....NO

Do abusive parents teach religion to their children with abusive methods?,,,SURE

I never said that all parents that bring their kids up with religion are abusing them. But it is often the case, even if you cant see it. Also, many adults that i would consider to have been abused by their parents through religion would not be able to recognise or acknowledge the fact either. Just like some pedophiles that were abused themselves as kids, they believe their actions to be normal.

2 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25