Community > Posts By > notbeold

notbeold's photo
Tue 06/16/20 07:18 AM
Kool chicks

notbeold's photo
Tue 06/16/20 07:09 AM
I had a Nebuchadnezzar’s Dream many years ago. It was tasty and sweet and sticky, and I'm not sure if it did anything.

If you've never had a prophetic dream before, you wouldn't know its meaning, or understand it until after the outcome; but its intensity is such that you know it means something, and it affects you. I've had several, and sometimes they really hurt, or really confuse. A female astronaut free flying with a space helmet on, and designer jeans, taking my lady flying in hand like Peter Pan ?

For a king / megalomaniac, not knowing would be infuriating. Life was cheap back then, and 'wise men' would always be under suspicion by any ruler wary of overthrow or insurrection.
Educated people are routinely rounded up by paranoid states even now.

Are there any historical records (real ones), of Daniel being in the court of Nebuchadnezzar, or any of his 'friends' being there ?

I wouldn't believe anything in The Book as gospel. Mostly plagiarised or fiction.

notbeold's photo
Tue 06/16/20 06:30 AM
incandescent light bulbs

notbeold's photo
Tue 06/16/20 06:19 AM
Gladiolus flowers

notbeold's photo
Tue 06/16/20 05:55 AM
engine: monster V8 blown, nitrous injection.

notbeold's photo
Mon 06/15/20 05:13 AM
Having reviewed the words and symbols used in, and after the gracious offer of some sort of meeting at the apparent end of all things, [where are your sources and/or evidence ? BTW], I gratefully decline the offer of dark basements, surprises, detainment, use of firearms against genitalia, and potential sadistic horror, even with refreshments.
I could probably find that closer to home, at the end of times, and save time in traffic and planes, and customs, much as I'd like to share that time with you dear. I do hope you find suitable vi participants for your kind offer.

But If the world had already ended, and we were the last survivors, needing to re-populate, I would risk it, (I do have a soft spot for you, - my brain), just as a male praying mantis thinks he had odds to get away from his mate after congress, I can improvise body armour against paint balls, and run from stinky zombies, but I'm still quite worried about the "surprises" in the basement.
And we've never heard of NZ wine in australia. ??

notbeold's photo
Mon 06/15/20 03:36 AM
Instant soup sachets.

notbeold's photo
Mon 06/15/20 03:09 AM
I would get back with my FWB in an instant if I could. We had many happy years before my dear departed.
I would do it again too, but meet more often, because you never know when things will change.

De-facto is friends with benefits living together.
If you live monogamously but separately, what is the difference ?

notbeold's photo
Sun 06/14/20 05:00 AM
Wide wheels for pimping the ride.

notbeold's photo
Sun 06/14/20 04:56 AM
I would have married the girl I'm in love with, but after waiting decades I gave up on her.
I would like to experience having a loving home and trusted partner, whether bureaucratic or de-facto, but probably only dreaming.

notbeold's photo
Sun 06/14/20 04:25 AM
I love bad food !

Last 2 days: half moldy pumpkin - cut off the squishy bits; potatoes getting green and growing sprouts - trim bad bits off; make pumpkin and tater soup/stew - but boring, add bacon, excellent.

day 2 leftovers, need some greens, found dried peas very old, boil up and chuck it in with pumpkin and taters, OK, add chili, very palatable.

Saved landfill, and saved money. win - win.

notbeold's photo
Sun 06/14/20 04:08 AM
Quentin Tarantino video

now S

notbeold's photo
Sun 06/14/20 03:58 AM
Humanity is the enemy of humanity, and all life on this planet. We are pigs creating and living in our own excreta, and forcing other life forms to do it as well, since they can't leave.
Not one place on the planet is unaffected by our mess; it's at the poles, in deep sea trenches, in the upper atmosphere, in the aquifers, and in your food. But we need jobs making and selling poisons, we don't want unemployment do we.
Find another way to live.
When a war is over, soldiers have to re-train and stop killing; we have to re-train our cultures to survive, and stop killing the planet that feeds us.

Ying and yang are inseparable. We need positive and negative feedback loops to know what we are doing, and determine if our efforts to change are having the desired effect.

Not like 'governments, who say "we spent X million dollars on that and it is/should be all fixed now". But not seeing what was actually done for/with that money, and it's effectiveness, after all their buddies took a slice of the budget while sub contracting it to the next snout in the trough.

How much land near you has been left absolutely untouched forever, by eg. grazing, wood cutting, farming, development, etc.
The state where I live has left 1.5 % of the land untouched, mostly because it was too steep or rocky or boggy to use cheaply.
And they stole the land in the first place, from people whose religion was to look after the land and its animals and plants. Now it's ruined, and suffering a modern mass extinction.
Those civilised europeans are so clever. Honest and god fearing. Yay.

notbeold's photo
Sun 06/14/20 12:50 AM
Any type of asbestos can be bad.

You may not exactly get asbestosis / mesothelioma, but maybe something more akin to silicosis, which still wouldn't be any more fun, or even black lung, like what cowboys and drovers got.

A mate of mine died of mesothelioma, just after turning 50 yo; he did one removal job without protection, and 20 years later he was diagnosed, outlived doctor's time estimates by many years, and amazed many, but it got him, and it was a very sorry sight.

There are stories of old guys in the industry not being affected, but their wives washing their work clothes died of it.

I wouldn't try my luck. I turned down a very lucrative full time removal job, with all safety gear and everything supplied. No thanks.

notbeold's photo
Sat 06/13/20 08:53 PM
I'd want to be really sure that you were talking to me first. XXX

notbeold's photo
Sat 06/13/20 08:19 AM
Long range fuel tanks

notbeold's photo
Sat 06/13/20 08:13 AM
Go to hospital where the amnesia patients are, and pick a nice person to take home.

notbeold's photo
Sat 06/13/20 08:09 AM
If you've had sex with most women, you should have nothing to complain about, except a bad back.

notbeold's photo
Sat 06/13/20 07:05 AM
Unisex spa day. [eyes popping out] [drooling]

notbeold's photo
Fri 06/12/20 11:21 PM
We can talk only in the cone of silence, at Control headquarters.
Otherwise Chaos may be listening.

1 2 11 12 13 15 17 18 19 24 25