Community > Posts By > Bbrooks35

Bbrooks35's photo
Tue 06/11/13 06:16 AM
Do I have a fear of dying? No.. but that doesn't mean I want it to happen any faster than it should. I still have a lot of work to do out there and cutting that short would be tragic for a lot of people.

Bbrooks35's photo
Tue 06/04/13 08:25 PM

Okay so my main beef are people who sit around doing nothing but complaining that there are no jobs.

Then if they want to do any kind of contract work they are supposed to have workman's comp. (Red tape)

Even if you mow lawns, you legally are supposed to have workman's comp insurance.

So what do you think people do to make money or extra money? They sell drugs or just work under the table and get paid cash.

In Kentucky even businesses pay people money under the table to avoid all the government red tape.

Illegal? Yes it is, but when I see how the government spending is so totally out of control it makes me sick. They waste so much money that is why they are always crying that they need to raise taxes!!

You can do what I do for extra income. Mine bitcoins. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitcoin

It's spending money for me.. everything I make from my usual job goes towards bills/investments.

Bbrooks35's photo
Tue 06/04/13 08:19 PM
I took my girlfriend to meet David Tennant. That was a while ago and she hasn't stopped talking about it since.

For those who know who he is.. you can understand how big of a deal it was to her.

Bbrooks35's photo
Tue 06/04/13 08:15 PM
Do they work? Well yes, they do. While I never met anyone on here I did manage to run across someone who compliments me quite well and we've been seeing each other for a rather long time. I ended up meeting her on another site but out of respect for mingle I won't say anything more about that. You just need to give it a chance, get to know people, take your time with it, and try not to get wrapped up in any craziness that frequents all areas of the net.

I wish you all the luck in the world sir.

Bbrooks35's photo
Tue 06/04/13 07:56 PM
Online dating has a higher degree of difficulty when finding someone you're willing to spend your life with. This is primarily because it's far easier for someone to pretend to be someone they're not and you have almost no possibly way to determine if they're telling the truth or not. You'll find a great many disaster stories because people look to it as a last resort. You should never treat online dating as a last resort. You'll usually be looking for anything, anyone, jump at the first person who even happens to glance your way and want to believe everything that they say. You need to be well prepared for these types of situations just like dating someone offline. Look for signs that they might not be entirely truthful and always take your time with it and don't rush anything. Likewise always be on the look out for scams. If something seems too good (or too horrible) to be true.. odds are it probably is. You need to protect yourself at all times. As long as you don't put blinders on yourself you should be perfectly fine. My current girlfriend is an wonderful woman and she has an adorable daughter. I met her online a while ago and things have been going great for us. So it does work. I wish you the best of luck sir and hope you find someone who ends up being your perfect companion (Yes I'm a Doctor Who fanatic).

Bbrooks35's photo
Tue 06/04/13 07:48 PM
He.....looks almost exactly like my uncle. That's.. just scary. Grats on keeping yourself busy though =)

Bbrooks35's photo
Tue 06/04/13 07:46 PM
I have always been in love with the first woman I fell in love with. That won't change even to my dying day. I could go on for hours about how she was the most wonderful person I have ever met but I don't think I'd ever be able to describe her perfectly. She was struck by a drunk driver and killed many years ago while coming out to see me from college. I will never forget her and I will always care for her.

Bbrooks35's photo
Tue 06/04/13 07:42 PM
I work every single day.. I've been working every single day from the age 8 on up. Granted I might have been paid each and every time but I'm always doing something for somebody at any given moment. There's plenty to do out there. Heck sometimes just doing something out of charity gives you a better chance for employment than just submitting your resume every single day.

Always try to stay active, that's the best advice I can give anyone in today's economy.

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 06:57 PM

grumble Why you gotta smoke for? I'm allergic!!rant frustrated

Before or after sex?

Surely you can't be serious...

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 06:53 PM
Yeah your best bet is to be up front about it. Let him know. I had a situation similar to yours a very long time ago. Long story short, she didn't feel the same way. While I was a bit hurt by it, I understood completely and to this day we're still VERY close friends. She knows more about me than anyone else does. I'm glad to have her in my life even though nothing will ever come of it. I hope your situation is better though and you find out that he feels the same way. Even if it turns out he doesn't, it's something you needed to know. Without that information you'll just drive yourself crazy and it could possibly make things worse between the two of you. Regret is a horrible thing to have on your mind. Just remember though, if he doesn't return the same feelings.. don't throw the relationship away. Always keep him in your life. He's your friend and the one thing about true friendships is, no matter what happens between the two of you.. you'll always be there for each other.

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 06:45 PM
I only wear a fedora. Only hat I like and I've been wearing one for 25 years. Well.. I have several actually but you get the point.

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 06:36 PM
I was actually accused of having a "fake" picture. Really? How in the world is that considered fake? Eh well maybe because I'm grinning like an idiot who knows. But yeah I had to put up several others just to reassure them.

Now Dodo_David... his is legit. Too many times I've had to chase him away from my cat.

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 06:32 PM
Kyoto Japan

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 05:21 AM

I met someone here several years ago. I've been to visit him a couple times, we talk several times a day. This last visit I made now mind you we haven't seen each other for several years I got off the train no hug or kiss nothing. He says he's not into public displays of affection. I say bs. I stayed for 7 days and still really nothing. But before I came he was saying how much he loved me and couldn't wait to just cuddle and hold me never happened. It's changed everything 6 yrs of the long distance and this. He still says how much he loves me and misses me. My question is why then didn't he show it?

Short answer is - He's hiding something from you and not being completely honest. Sorry but that's the truth. While it's impossible for me to say exactly what he's hiding (I don't know the person you're speaking about) it is very easy to see that he feels the need to distance himself from you because of it.

Right now you only have two options. Talk to him and basically demand to know the reason or quietly walk away. After all that time getting to know each other and the visits.. on top of also staying out there for 7 days and getting basically no reaction from him what so ever can only mean that there are severe problems that need to be addressed. I wish you all the luck in the world and hope everything comes out in your favor.

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 05:14 AM
Not only is it dishonest, but shows that they're very insecure as well. Not something I would want to get myself involved in. If they feel the need to lie to make themselves feel better then they have far more issues than I'd want to deal with.

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 05:08 AM
Edited by Bbrooks35 on Mon 06/03/13 05:09 AM
I just put in an order for a gift for my girl friend. I know she's going to go insane when she gets it.

https://www.harlequin-goldsmiths.com/doctor-who/jewellery/gold-plated-sonic-screwdriver-pendant.html

Edit: Posted the wrong link apparently...

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 04:55 AM

have u ever faced that you feel you love someone strongly.. but u dont want to marry that person?

Yes.. I did have that issue and unfortunately I caved in to her pressure. It was a horrible mistake on both of our parts. Something that I will never repeat again. Not only did it end poorly for us.. but for my daughter and her son as well.

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 04:45 AM
“In friendship...we think we have chosen our peers. In reality a few years' difference in the dates of our births, a few more miles between certain houses, the choice of one university instead of another...the accident of a topic being raised or not raised at a first meeting--any of these chances might have kept us apart. But, for a Christian, there are, strictly speaking no chances. A secret master of ceremonies has been at work. Christ, who said to the disciples, "Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you," can truly say to every group of Christian friends, "Ye have not chosen one another but I have chosen you for one another." The friendship is not a reward for our discriminating and good taste in finding one another out. It is the instrument by which God reveals to each of us the beauties of others.” - C.S. Lewis

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 04:42 AM
Taken happy

Bbrooks35's photo
Mon 06/03/13 04:39 AM

What I was looking for? Man... let's see here.

Well I've gone through a lot of trial and error over the years. When I was younger it was all about "well who's hot and who isn't". Mind you it was primarily sex driven. I won't lie about that. As the years went by though I had to refine what I was looking for because everything I was doing was just plain wrong and ended up with me being with someone who treated me poorly (and later on my daughter). This is what I've finally come down to.

1. Someone who is willing to accept me for me, period. I spent far too many years trying to change myself to fit the needs of someone else. Giving up things I enjoyed, forcing myself to "enjoy" things that I didn't. You should never do that. ALWAYS be who YOU are not who someone else wants you to be.

2. A woman who loves children. Not just her kids, but anyone's. That's a big factor for me. Primarily because I have a daughter and she's the most important person to me in my life. If you have children they need to be the FIRST priority. My current girlfriend is aware of that. She has a daughter as well. We both put their well being before ours.

3. She has to be able to keep up with me. This is both physically and mentally. I wouldn't be able to stand being with someone who wasn't too terribly bright. That and I'm constantly active.. always out doing things and enjoying the world.

4. She has to be honest. That is a BIG one. There's far too many people out there who just refuse to say what's on their mind. If something is bothering you.. you need to speak up. Nobody is a mind reader. If you're happy you gotta let me know so I can keep on doing the things that are making you happy. Likewise if you're sad, miserable, or just upset.. gotta be vocal about that as well so I know that there's a problem and we can work together to find a solution to what's causing it.

5. You've got to have the same sense of humor I do. I find nearly everything funny. I mean almost everything. They can't be easily offended at all and at the same time they need to have the quick remarks to go a long with mine. If you can't consistently make each other laugh it's going to be doomed to failure.

6. This will be the last one I'll put up.. there's probably more but this has turned in to a book already. She has to be independent. Her own place, a stable job, a good income, her life in order. I've gone on far too many "rescue" missions and they have all ended extremely poorly. In this day in age it's hard and sometimes nearly impossible for just ONE person to handle it all. If she doesn't have the capability to handle her own affairs then I can't involve her in mine.

For the first time i have seen a man who is clear about what he is looking for lol and wish u get one like that soon :)

I already did. Thank you though :smile:

Previous 1