Community > Posts By > MaryLinda

MaryLinda's photo
Mon 07/28/08 08:17 PM
WOW!!!!
That is sad and beautiful at the same time.

MaryLinda's photo
Mon 07/28/08 11:03 AM

Let her go. Sounds like your grandson will be better off without her. Time to stop worring about her and care for your grandson. Good luck.

"time to stop worrying about her"?
She is my daughter, how can I stop?!!
I don't know if you have kids, but I hope if you do and they got in some trouble you wouldn't be that way with them.

And as far as my grandson being better off without her.....
there is no child that is better off without their mother or father.
I hope you are not as cold hearted as what you sound

MaryLinda's photo
Mon 07/28/08 10:56 AM

I am a social work student, so if you want some advice, please send me an email.

Thank you, I might just do that

MaryLinda's photo
Mon 07/28/08 10:55 AM

Mary, how old is she? Does she work or go to school?

No she does not work or go to school. She is 21, she met this guy on line and moved here last July. At that time I fought with her and she did finally agree to Leave the baby with me. After about 4 months she can and took him(broke my heart). I tried to stop her but the police said there was nothing I could do.
Now the only thing I can do is make sure he is safe and she will just have to do what she thinks she should do. I can't keep fighting with her. I love her dearly and dont want to see her get hurt.

MaryLinda's photo
Mon 07/28/08 05:44 AM

I would try to contact your community/ or county's public human services building and meet with a social worker. They can help to find counselors and resources for your family's needs at this time.

We can't always fix everything ourselves. In my opinion, I think some outside professional help is needed in this case.

Yes we do have CPS trying to help. But as they say she is old enough to make up her own mind. Her son will not be allowed to go back with her if she has any contact with this guy. She makes excuses for him and says it wasn't that bad. I would love to shake some sense into her.

MaryLinda's photo
Sun 07/27/08 09:19 PM

i think you've done the right thing.

Thank you. I think I have done what had to be done. But I feel as if I betrayed my daughter....

MaryLinda's photo
Sun 07/27/08 09:17 PM

You can't keep her from making mistakes...she'll have to learn on her own...just protect the kiddrinker drinker drinker

Yes I will do anything I have to do to protect this little guy, he has been through too much already.

MaryLinda's photo
Sun 07/27/08 09:13 PM
Hi, I will try to make this as short as I can. My daughter was in an abusive relationship, not only to her but her two year old son.I tried to talk her into leaving everyday, she would not listen to anything I had to say.
I could not sit back and not do anything. I called C.P.S.
They came out to her house and after talking to her and myself decided to take her to a womens shelter. She stayed two days then decided she wasn't going to stay any longer.They told her if she goes back to her boyfriend then her son would be took from her. They have moved in with me, but she is talking about going to "talk" to the creep.I have got papers stating that if anything happens my grandson will remain with me.As of right now she is not allowed to be left alone with her son at all.
I am at my wits end, I don't know what to say to her or to do to keep her away from this so called man.If anyone has any adice for me I would love to hear it.

MaryLinda's photo
Sun 07/27/08 08:11 PM
Yes I have a crush on someone from here, but don't think he knows it, and am too shy to tell him....

MaryLinda's photo
Sun 07/27/08 09:53 AM
laugh that is cute laugh

MaryLinda's photo
Thu 07/24/08 04:58 AM
flowerforyou Sending prayers to your friend and to you flowerforyou

MaryLinda's photo
Mon 07/21/08 11:00 PM
I believe you can love two or more people at the same time. But I don't believe you can love them the same.I have a deep love for a certain guy, but know that it will never work out. That we both will be better off with someone else, but that don't mean I will ever not love him, even if I found someone else to love.

MaryLinda's photo
Sun 07/20/08 05:07 PM
I have learned that the "long distance game". Is not an easy one to play. You usually don't win.brokenheart

MaryLinda's photo
Fri 07/18/08 08:54 PM
I dated a Mr.Right once......
turned out to be Mr.Wrong...:angry:

Good Luck to you!!!!

MaryLinda's photo
Fri 07/18/08 08:31 PM
Thanks TxsGal, hope you have a great weekend too.

MaryLinda's photo
Fri 07/18/08 10:05 AM

MaryLinda's photo
Thu 07/17/08 12:30 PM
Talk it over with her, you will no when the time is right.

MaryLinda's photo
Thu 07/17/08 12:20 PM
laugh laugh laugh laugh

MaryLinda's photo
Thu 07/17/08 12:18 PM
All the money in the world couldn't replace having that special person, someone that you love and that loves you.

Well that is what I believe anyway.

MaryLinda's photo
Thu 07/17/08 08:35 AM
Hi buttons, Thank You!