Community > Posts By > justinc1431

justinc1431's photo
Tue 02/10/09 05:59 PM

But to say that the humanoid split from the quardruped 6 million years ago is basically saying that we are in fact related to them. We may only be one branch of the spilt, but we evolved from the quadruped... right???

No we didn’t "evolve from them." That would imply that there was a chimp and then the chimp began to evolve. Where would chimpanzee be today if that were the case? Where would ANY animal be for that matter? Try to use some of the terms. It’s not "Humanoid". A humanoid is a being whose body structure resembles that of a human. Let’s try to use some of the actual terms and it will help you get a handle. Homo is a genus. Homo is the genus that includes modern humans and their close relatives. The genus itself is estimated to be about 2.5 million years old, evolving from Australopithecine ancestors with the appearance of Homo habilis.

We shared a common ancestor and that was the genus Australopithecus which you can see is almost in the middle. Still very chimp like yet the face is definitely moving in another direction. Australopthecus went extinct as did many of these early hominids. There would be several that would eventually lead all the way up to Homo sapien which is you and I. So what you need to understand is that one fork broke off. This would happen with cats, dogs, horses, all animals. What would eventually evolve into Homo sapiens, split or diverged from chimpanzee. Chimp did not go extinct. It continued on and would eventually evolve into its own distinct species (modern ape). We would do the same and continue on in our evolutionary course but separately. This is why we are 96% identical to chimpanzee but no other animals on the planet. We went in one direction, they went in another. But you are absolutely right. The quadrupeds would keep going down their own evolutionary road and so would we. That is where natural selection comes into play.

I think I understand it a little better. It's just a lot to wrap your head around. Basically I had the right idea though, the Homo genus was a branch off of the primal chimp (quadrupeds). Which still confuses me on how that isn't a form of evolution. Yes, the quadrupeds still exist, but that doesn't mean that the Homo genus wasn't an evolved form of the quadrupeds. Unless there is some other way of explaining why the Homo genus isn't an evolved form of a quadruped... I'll never get it.

justinc1431's photo
Tue 02/10/09 04:44 PM
But to say that the humanoid split from the quardruped 6 million years ago is basically saying that we are in fact related to them. We may only be one branch of the spilt, but we evolved from the quadruped... right???

justinc1431's photo
Tue 02/10/09 03:46 PM
I guess the phrase "common ancestor" is throwing me off. If you and I had a common ancestor, we would have the same bloodline. Just confusing that if we share a common ancestor with apes/chimps/monkeys/whatever, that we wouldn't have the same bloodline; or have evolved from that species. I'm not that into this topic, it just kinda caught my attention. At this point in my life I'm not sure what to believe.

justinc1431's photo
Tue 02/10/09 03:15 AM

Evolution does not say that man evolved from chimps, but that they had a common ancestor. Perhaps you should study what evolution actually says before you make your claims.

So how exactly do you have a "common ancestor" with another creature and not share the same gentics? Makes no sense to me.

justinc1431's photo
Tue 02/10/09 03:11 AM
You don't. They haven't got that option on here. Sorry.

justinc1431's photo
Tue 02/10/09 12:23 AM
Edited by justinc1431 on Tue 02/10/09 12:24 AM
psych ward...

justinc1431's photo
Tue 02/10/09 12:22 AM
Buy him some new sunglasses.

justinc1431's photo
Mon 02/09/09 05:50 PM
Top 3 for me. GI Joe, Transformers, and Heman.

justinc1431's photo
Mon 02/09/09 05:47 PM
Shoot him in the eye... where is your rabbit mask?

justinc1431's photo
Mon 02/09/09 05:46 PM

How many feel they can have their hearts broken here?

In other words, do you believe this place to be a real foundation for a real relationship with someone.

Or do you just play here and take nothing to heart?:heart:

Speaking from personal experience, you can't be on here to look for a full-on "relationship", as the chances of that stuff not working is just too great. You can be here to chat and otherwise chew-the-grass, but the whole "dating" thing would be quite an iffy proposition.
You sound like a wise dude man..Really. I think your view is the way to THINK when on here..drinker

I wasn't really looking for one on here either, but it happened. So yes, this can be a place that leads to a serious relationship. I would definately say that it's a very rare occasion that it happens though.

justinc1431's photo
Mon 02/09/09 02:17 AM
Ha, last time it was bad sex... sorry to say. That and the total lack of passion. I'm so glad that is over.

justinc1431's photo
Mon 02/09/09 02:11 AM
Only if you're laying on your back.

justinc1431's photo
Mon 02/09/09 12:22 AM

I'm with him... lol

justinc1431's photo
Sun 02/08/09 10:26 PM
Edited by justinc1431 on Sun 02/08/09 10:26 PM

1945 Ford pick up with a hardwood flat bed.
YEA you know it

68 FORD MUSTANG

My dream car is a 69 Boss w/ the Cobra Jet... Raven Black w/ Black int....

Not gonna happen but I can dream.

justinc1431's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:25 PM
You guys act like refs missing calls only happens in the Super Bowl. Really... com'on, it happenes every game to every team. To use it as an excuse is just whining. Every team has to deal with blown calls, or missed calls every game. The Steelers capitalized on the big plays. I'm pretty sure the ref didn't throw the pass in the redzone that got picked off and ran back 100yds for a td.

justinc1431's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:20 PM
You got some crazy electrical problems. Sounds like it's time to get a new car.

justinc1431's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:18 PM
1945 Ford pick up with a hardwood flat bed.

justinc1431's photo
Sun 02/08/09 02:15 PM

Spraying fiberglass.

'Nuff said.

I work with fiberglass every day. It's itchy and covers you, but not as disgusting as most of these by any means.

justinc1431's photo
Sun 02/08/09 10:55 AM
Worked at a butcher for over 2 years. The worse part of the job was the scrap barrels that came back after the truck emptied them. A weeks worth of radom animal parts in a 50gal trash can... pretty awful smelling. If you wondering, the worse smelling rotten animal parts has to go the the lamb. Opened up a bad pack of leg of lamb one day... almost puked on the spot. Dirty job, yes.

justinc1431's photo
Sun 02/08/09 10:51 AM
67 Fairlane 500

1 2 12 13 14 16 18 19 20 24 25