Community > Posts By > Sir_Galahad

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 09:19 PM

Eh, not everything. Everybody has their PROPER role to play, depending on their gender. My responsibility is bringing home the income, hers is spending it on both of us.

Cooking, cleaning, laundry, taking care of any kids...this is not "work"?

I realize that more and more, it's simpler if both people work, but if you BOTH work, then you are paying basically the SAME expenses that you'd pay if you were single...except housing and utilites are "half-price", assuming you're splitting those bills.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:53 PM
So you EXPECT what other people could do if they had the information. One of the reasons I don't HAVE credit...I don't WANT it.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:47 PM
Edited by Sir_Galahad on Sat 06/07/08 08:48 PM
I don't have a bank account...I pick up a paycheck and go with cash.

I have no problem walking around with five, six hundred bucks in my pocket.

As far as the other stuff...if everyone knows everything about everything, you're all on equal footing!

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:45 PM
I've been homeless a few times. Twice, I was renting a ROOM and the owners decided to SELL their house. I was living with the owners at the time, and even THEY had to get out when the buyer came to move in...and they were moving out of town.

Well, both times I was WORKING, so it's not like I didn't have a steady job...I just didn't have three months of rent saved up to go somewhere else! One of those times, I ended up living at my job for a few months. Why not? I had the key to lock the place up at night. Pay for a hotel for my day off, get a good night's sleep, shower.

I did what I could...but I'm still only a paycheck away from being homeless again. If I failed to pay my rent, they'd file eviction proceedings so fast! And if they can come in while you're out and change your locks, there's not a heckuva lot you can do. Had that happen too.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:36 PM
I was kidding...that's why the big smiley!

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:32 PM
Edited by Sir_Galahad on Sat 06/07/08 08:33 PM
Information wants to be free. The only thing our government keeps secret are things they feel they'd have to lie about...whereas if they were open and upfront to begin with, there would be no reason to lie.

Honesty is the BEST policy, remember?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:30 PM
I usually wear the same kinda shorts I'd wear anywhere else. Not special "bathing trunks"...just regular jean shorts.

As an aside...I've found it difficult to make out in a pool without nearly drowning one of us...

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:25 PM

Age....

I want someone to grow old with, not watch them grow old
and vice versa (don't want someone watching me get older, if they are much younger)

ya except men are known to die earlier than women so who's watchin who die? laugh

Only because we WANT to. Married men die earlier...because all that nagging drives them to an early gravebigsmile

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:22 PM

self censorship is always necessary. Very few other times is it warranted. National security is one that comes to mind. Other than that, only use of obscene or denigrating language on the airwaves needs to be censored because of the ppl who do not have the ability to censor themselves.

Just words. Or images. It opens up possibilities for discussion. You know what I say about people who express ideas that I don't agree with? "Well, at least we know you're out there...and where you're at." Keep the stuff underground, and you have no warning.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:20 PM

are you talking about my photo fine I'll take it down grumble

laugh laugh

Nope. I'm not "offended" by anything. I can probably view anything in a detached manner. But then, I'm not actively looking for images or words that are going to offend me either.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:18 PM
I can remember discussions of using EQUAL force. How about the cops that shot Sean Bell or Amadou Diallo? Both unarmed men. Both shot by gun-toters...that the public is supposed to TRUST with having weapons?

How do we determine that a gun owner is psychologically capable of owning a weapon? Even if the person is sane when the weapon is obtained, like Whitman, those with poor mental health are usually not people we want to own guns.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:14 PM
Is there EVER a reason for censorship? Are there any words or images which are SO distasteful, that mere exposure to them harms a "reasonable person"?

Children should be protected, certainly, but that IS the parents' job. Are children seeking out certain forms of expression or images? How are they hearing about them initially? Still, isn't it a parent's job to control what content their children view or hear?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:08 PM
Edited by Sir_Galahad on Sat 06/07/08 08:10 PM
You mean like the guy who got the woman's gun while she was busy taking a shower, and decided to rape her...while pointing her OWN gun at her?

I've personally got another issue with having a gun in MY home. What if my spouse or partner points the gun at me? Wants to shoot me? My wife was a schizophrenic, so that's not entirely an impossible idea--not to mention stories I've heard about one spouse shooting the other. Not divorced or separated people, but married people.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:04 PM
A 25-year old and I would probably NOT like the same music. Besides, some of my views go back to, like, the 1950's. So younger women would not be particularly supportive of that.

"Get with the times!" No, thanks, I'd rather be in MY time. So, I guess I prefer someone close to my age...and OLDER is no problem with me at all!

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 08:00 PM
Is hidden.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 07:59 PM
Hard to get up your way right now? Something about a tanker truck hitting the main entry/exit point to Ellenton?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 07:52 PM
Too busy working?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 07:47 PM
Eh, not everything. Everybody has their PROPER role to play, depending on their gender. My responsibility is bringing home the income, hers is spending it on both of us.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 07:44 PM

Oh goody! More bullets flying...

I don't need a gun to protect myself or my home. I believe in using less-than-lethal responses.

you may think that but when someone is breaking in to your place and has you staring down the barrel of a gun then your tune will change.

I had another thought on this: unless you have you gun IN YOUR HAND the whole time you're in your home, once someone is pointing their gun at you, isn't it a little late to get your gun out?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 01:30 PM

That's assuming he is close enough to you...a knife you have to be in close range..a gun not so much...

They have to be able to HIT you...you'd be surprised how many people miss at distances of less than 10 feet.