Community > Posts By > Sir_Galahad

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:03 PM
Edited by Sir_Galahad on Mon 06/16/08 01:04 PM
I already do, Captain...if I can buy something that my company sells at a cheaper price somewhere else, that's EXACTLY what I do. I buy it from the competitor instead.

I do what's best for ME.

As far as representing HER country...well, they didn't ASK her, did they?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 12:51 PM

Damn...how long have you lived in Bradenton...I travel all over the place..Anna Marie Island is a great place to eat...on the dinky pier....hehehehehe

October will make two years.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 02:48 AM
I'm sure all countries have SOME degree of censorship, since those in power have things that they don't WANT heard.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:37 AM
If their views are so "out there" that the people must be silenced, doesn't it tend to lend credence to the view?

I'd rather be shouted down than ignored.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:33 AM
a few times...

don't you go into EVERY relationship thinking you've found "the one"? I mean, if they're not "the one", then why bother? *Yes, they can be friends instead of friends AND lovers.*

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:32 AM
This is the Internet...you can find boobs if that's what you're looking for.

You can probably also find things you never WANTED to see...

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:30 AM
To my understanding, it is only the Catholic Church that elevates common people to sainthood...and usually only because of uncommon things that they had done in their lives, or things ascribed to them after their deaths.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:12 AM
Black Betty..Ram Jam

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:12 AM
Yes, I mean Gamble.

Yes, it's a long stretch...and I don't even know which side of the street you mean.

I haven't really paid attention to what's up by 75th, the farthest I usually go up that road is 66th, the Sav-A-Lot.

Kmart and Publix are further up, and a branch of my bank. Hmm...Albertson's and Tequila Beach across from it, I think.

Saturday nights, In Cahoots has karaoke, but I haven't even been inside yet.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 01:09 AM
And I agree that your views should not be censored. Censorship is WRONG. The point is, even if your posts are later taken down, does ANYONE get to ever see them?

Just because you say things other people might not want to hear, does not give them the right to silence you.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 12:15 AM
Def Leppard.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 12:14 AM
You're right, they should let you say more here...but I believe most forums are moderated, owned by private businesses, and they feel that they have a right to control what is said.

I had to agree to abide by the terms of use to be here, but it doesn't mean that I had to LIKE it.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 12:13 AM
I had a girl come to my job to break up with me...and she got rather loud and indignant, and I just kept quiet.

I wrote out my response, and dropped it at her house the next day...I was working overnights THEN too. Gas station clerk. So it was "televised", on tape, whatever...

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 12:07 AM
Edited by Sir_Galahad on Mon 06/16/08 12:09 AM
No, I work overnights...and THAT is actually what makes it hard for me to meet other people, since other people usually work during the day...

and I don't date people from work.

Lunch would be fine...do you have other suggestions? Like visiting that house/museum out that way?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 12:06 AM
Why shouldn't we tolerate it? Should I constrict you only to doing those things that are best for ME?? Or should you be permitted to do whatever is best for YOU?

You know, I look out for myself, because no one else is about to do it for me.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Mon 06/16/08 12:04 AM
Words only have power if you LET them have power.

Otherwise they don't really "mean" anything.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sun 06/15/08 04:35 PM

Geez...does it have to be fast food...Im watching my carbs...lol

Okay, suggest a local place.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sun 06/15/08 04:33 PM
Edited by Sir_Galahad on Sun 06/15/08 04:34 PM
True enough...athletes will jump to another club if they can...or their CLUB will kick them out, pawn them off on another team--for the pros, anyhow.

Kinda like employers and employees. No loyalty, from EITHER side. Just "business".

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sun 06/15/08 03:11 PM
No relation between loyalty and fame.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sun 06/15/08 03:28 AM

No one has the right to NOT be offended. I find cars offensive. They still exist. I don't need exhaust fumes in my face while I walk a few blocks to work...but there it is. I don't have the right NOT to be offended. I can either deal with it, or work to change it....avoid it, if at all possible.

As far as kids, if I had kids I'd swear around them about as much as my parents swore around me. I wouldn't censor myself.

Writes note to self - Don't let this swearing man around my kid that I don't swear around.

They'll simply hear it somewhere else! Not that it matters.

1 2 10 11 12 14 16 17 18 24 25