Community > Posts By > Sir_Galahad

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 12:14 PM

oooooouuuuuhhhhhh, you sound so German, so practical... so for you a relationship is nothing about romance and being in love? Is it pure a partnership like in business? noway

I have NEVER experienced love, so I have nothing to compare it to...

Then how can you speak on it, if you know nothing about it?

Where did I speak of it?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 12:11 PM

oooooouuuuuhhhhhh, you sound so German, so practical... so for you a relationship is nothing about romance and being in love? Is it pure a partnership like in business? noway

I have NEVER experienced love, so I have nothing to compare it to...

Sir_Galahad's photo
Sat 06/07/08 12:08 PM

Oh goody! More bullets flying...

I don't need a gun to protect myself or my home. I believe in using less-than-lethal responses.

you may think that but when someone is breaking in to your place and has you staring down the barrel of a gun then your tune will change.

Gee, at that point, wouldn't it be a little late to go for a gun? Besides, a gun's connected to a hand, which is connected to a wrist, which is connected to an arm...if I can disarm a guy trying to knife me in a bar, I can probably disarm a gun-toter.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 05:05 PM
I hate guys that are seeing a different woman every week. Especially when they're out WITH a woman, and trying to get phone numbers from another girl...actually seen a guy doing this, so I asked his "girlfriend" WHY she put up with it.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:54 PM
I'd do it for free! Nothing wrong with the human body.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:43 PM
Red Skies...The Fixx.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:39 PM
That must be the "newer" one that you're talking about.

I heard one a few years back by Jill Sobule...that's the one I first thought of...

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:31 PM
Whatever.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:27 PM
Oh goody! More bullets flying...

I don't need a gun to protect myself or my home. I believe in using less-than-lethal responses.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:26 PM

women who do not work hurt themselves in the end. women out there, you have to maintain your independence from your man and work or else one day he is going to walk out with someone who does, that is, if he is not already doing that. i see too many women suffer for it.

Really? My best friend has 4 daughters. She quit work because day was costing her entire paycheck. She was working to pay other people to care for her kids. It didn't seem reasonable.

In fact there are many families who save money when the one making the least stops work to take care of the family. They save money on daycare, on food, since they stop eating on the run all the time, and on gas. Not to mention that the working partner is also free to take overtime they usually turned down because of childcare issues.

Women who decide to take time off from working are not the issue. It is anyone, of any gender, who is just living off a another person to avoid having to work that is the problem.

Being a full time parent and homekeeper is a huge job and these days, people spend a lot more money paying other people to do it to work only enough to be able pay for those other people, not to actually get ahead.

Totally agree. As someone who prepares taxes for a living, I see people claiming daycare expenses that are often as much as one person makes for the whole year--without throwing in the expenses of having a second vehicle.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:22 PM
Okay, I thought about this once...in terms of a profile I had read wherein the person did the same thing...and saying what she was looking for in terms of a car...

I'm a Chevy Caprice. I like to cruise through life, but I have plenty of power under the hood to call on when it's needed. I'm dependable transportation, I'll get you from Point A to Point B...and won't leave you stranded on the side of the road.
I have a few dings...but I've never been garage kept, so what do you expect.

Most of my owners will tell you that they've traded up for a more luxurious model, even if it did cost them more for insurance and premium fuel.

I have all the parts that I had when I came from the factory, no replacement, or after-market, parts here.

So come kick my tires if you'd like.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:15 PM
The only "guns" I need are connected to my shoulders.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:11 PM

women who do not work hurt themselves in the end. women out there, you have to maintain your independence from your man and work or else one day he is going to walk out with someone who does, that is, if he is not already doing that. i see too many women suffer for it.

I don't WANT a woman who works outside the home. Thus far, I've been very lucky to find women who do not work. I'm the only job they need. In turn, I hand over ALL my money to them.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Fri 06/06/08 04:02 PM
I've never met a woman who was "smart"...and by smart, I mean "smarter than me".

I've also never met ANY human being who wasn't insecure about something...most of them being insecure about what some other person thought of them...or if they WERE being thought of at all!

"You never pay attention to me." Well, if you're secure in yourself, you don't need my "attention". I don't really need yours, and I'll be just fine without it.

I've gone through long periods of being "single"...because it doesn't really matter to me whether I have someone or not--just makes life easier when two people are working towards the same goal.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Thu 06/05/08 04:02 PM

Welcome...all you Floridian folk...whatcha up too...damn its hot here...

Anyone have any 45 SPF

It's not the heat...it's the humidity.

I go outside on my breaks, and it's like I've stepped into a sauna.

Bradenton.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Thu 06/05/08 03:59 PM
What are we calling "classic"?

I grew up in the '80s...now they're calling THAT "classic" rock, along with stuff from...I don't know...the mid-70's?

To me, classic rock extends back to 1963 or so. The real "old-time" rock and roll, from 1957 to 1963 (which includes Beatlemania) had good music too, but I don't consider it to be part of "classic" rock. Things got "real"...and it's like music grew with it, realized that bad things could happen.

By the end of the decade, Britney Spears might well be considered "classic rock"...when pop music doesn't "rock" at all. Jet is closer to classic rock than most of the bands out there today.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Thu 06/05/08 02:50 PM

And im not talking pool, at the bar either, laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh

i shoot hoops the other night

Ah, if pool don't count, then nothing.

I don't do "sports". I walk, sometimes run, lift weights...but that's just another part of my job...or going to and from work.

Sir_Galahad's photo
Thu 06/05/08 02:47 PM

so about a year ago i donated my hair to locks of love for kids with cancer.. and i had really short hair (as you can tell from some of my pics) well now that its longer i've had a lot of guys tell me they think short hair isn't sexxy... how do you all feel about this?

"Ouch, you're on my hair!"

Never have a heard a short-haired woman utter this phrase. Long-haired women, yes...but not the short-haired ones.

I kinda like the pageboy cut...

Sir_Galahad's photo
Thu 06/05/08 02:45 PM

thats florida for ya..people here sucknoway grumble

Yea...seems like that's exactly the problem.

My question is...why couldn't I get any of that when *I* was in high school?

Sir_Galahad's photo
Thu 06/05/08 12:58 PM
Green Manalishi...Judas Priest