Community > Posts By > MichaelATL44

MichaelATL44's photo
Mon 04/06/09 07:39 PM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Mon 04/06/09 08:03 PM

is the third day a literal day... Or a god sized day (in which case you will see him in another 1000 years.

Is this a serious question?

If so you must be referring to this verse:

2 Peter 3:8
But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

So I suppose what you were inferring is that since Christ died two thousand years ago, and if a day is like a thousand years to God, then, it would still be another thousand years before Christ rises from the dead.

That is so far out of line with scripture, and with truth. In this case, as in many cases which speak of time, yet not all, Christ's resurrection did in fact occur after the third literal day of His death.

Christ was seen by over 500 people after He had risen. And because He has risen, and subsequently ascended, we now have the Holy Spirit among and within us to further confirm that truth.

And since we are talking about verses in 2 Peter, the follwing verse helps to bring verse 8 into context and in my opinion should be one that you pay more particular attention to:

2 Peter 3:9
The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

As far as when He is coming back:

Matthew 25:13
Watch therefore, for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.

But I will also say that based upon what we see going on in the world, and in the hearts and minds of most people, it won't be long.

2 Timothy 3:1-5 NLT

You should know this, Timothy, that in the last days there will be very difficult times.

For people will love only themselves and their money.

They will be boastful and proud, scoffing at God, disobedient to their parents, and ungrateful.

They will consider nothing sacred.

They will be unloving and unforgiving; they will slander others and have no self-control.

They will be cruel and hate what is good.

They will betray their friends, be reckless, be puffed up with pride, and love pleasure rather than God.

They will act religious, but they will reject the power that could make them godly.

Stay away from people like that!

I don't know about you, but to me that sounds an aweful lot like today.

Peace

MichaelATL44's photo
Mon 04/06/09 07:15 PM
It's a great poem, it really is. Thank you.

I think what Adventure was referring to was simply your choice of words in the title. It's not actually the cross for which we offer praise, yet to the man, the God-man that died on the cross.

Technically, in that sense, I have to agree with him.

But we know where your heart is, and that's a beautiful thing!

MichaelATL44's photo
Mon 04/06/09 06:35 AM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Mon 04/06/09 06:41 AM
The Eyes Of Your Heart

We have all heard and probably sung the song "Open The Eyes of My Heart". I know I have, many times. I love that song. But have you ever really stopped to think about what that means? Is it possible that we can actually see with our hearts?

I was pondering on this a little last night as a matter of fact. I was thinking about Adam & Eve back in the Garden. I believe Adam & Eve were actually created with a 6th sense. I believe that Adam & Eve had the ability to see with their hearts. Or maybe that could be better said, they were actually able to walk entirely by faith and not by sight.

Think about it for a moment. Prior to them partaking of the forbidden fruit, they met with God in the cool of the evening just to fellowship with Him. And you know what else? They were butt naked the entire time. But apparently this never occurred to them. Why? Because they were seeing entirely through their spiritual eyes. It was not until after they ate of the tree that their "physical" eyes were opened.

And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
Genesis 3:7

Now don't you think that their physical eyes were really opened the entire time? I don't believe this verse means that their eyes were literally opened for the first time. I believe it means that their carnal eyes were opened for the first time. It was only now, after falling prey to the enemies deceit, that they even became aware of their nakedness.

So, What am I saying? I am trying to say that we have another set of eyes. We have the ability to see beyond what can be seen. We have the ability to walk by faith and not by sight. I love one of the passages that the Apostle Paul writes about this:

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day. For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory; While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.
2 Corinthians 4:16-18

Wow! Paul had the most amazing vision! Paul had the ability to see beyond what was lying directly in front of him. Paul could see through the eyes of his heart.

What's troubling you today my friend? What obstacles are in your way? Is it financial stress? Is it some physical ailment? Are you emotionally turmoiled? I'd like to say that I feel sorry for you, but that wouldn't help. But what I can do is encourage you that in the light of eternity, whatever problems you may be facing in your life are only temporary. Or as Paul says, "but for a moment". Are you able to see that through the lenses of your spiritual heart, what you are really experiencing is just a light affliction. It came to pass!

Paul had plenty of reason to complain. If you think you are having a tough time, take a look at some of Paul's "Light Afflictions"

Are they servants of Christ? I know I sound like a madman, but I have served him far more! I have worked harder, been put in prison more often, been whipped times without number, and faced death again and again. Five different times the Jewish leaders gave me thirty-nine lashes. Three times I was beaten with rods. Once I was stoned. Three times I was shipwrecked. Once I spent a whole night and a day adrift at sea. I have traveled on many long journeys. I have faced danger from rivers and from robbers. I have faced danger from my own people, the Jews, as well as from the Gentiles. I have faced danger in the cities, in the deserts, and on the seas. And I have faced danger from men who claim to be believers but are not. I have worked hard and long, enduring many sleepless nights. I have been hungry and thirsty and have often gone without food. I have shivered in the cold, without enough clothing to keep me warm. Then, besides all this, I have the daily burden of my concern for all the churches.
2 Corinthians 11:23-28 NLT

Paul had reason to complain if anybody did, yet he called it just a light affliction. Only for a moment. Wow!

I exhort you today my friend to not let your heart be troubled. Look beyond this temporary physical realm. Look at the things that cannot be seen. Look unto Jesus, the author and finisher of your faith! He is preparing a place for you!

Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also. And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
John 14:1-4

Jesus was telling the disciples this the night before his crucifiction. He knew that they were about to experience terrible heart ache and they would not be able to comprehend. And what was was his advice? Let not your heart be troubled. Open the eyes of your heart! He immediately prompted them to keep their eyes on the eternal. He pointed their thoughts to heaven!

Be encouraged people. See what cannot be seen. Look beyond your problems. See the solution. Open the eyes of your heart!

That's all I have time for today. Man I feel right now like I could write on this topic for days. Just know that I love you, we love you, and God loves you, passionately!

See what I'm sayin?

Love,
Michael

Related Links:

Original Post: http://www.mychurch.org/blog/238161/the-eyes-of-your-heart

YouTube Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wutmEjdbedE

MichaelATL44's photo
Sun 04/05/09 06:57 PM
Nice! Very nice!

Thank you for sharing.

MichaelATL44's photo
Fri 04/03/09 12:01 PM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Fri 04/03/09 12:01 PM
If they were truly the perfect person, there would not be anything they disliked.

Unless of course they disliked being perfect. :wink:

MichaelATL44's photo
Fri 04/03/09 07:53 AM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Fri 04/03/09 08:02 AM
I Am Glad I Didn't......

Well, Sort of....

Of course I am speaking here about walking with him in the natural, or walking with Him in the flesh. In other words, walking with Him during His earthly ministry.

Walking with Jesus would have been an incredible experience. Watching Jesus perform miracles. Watching Him teach the multitudes. Watching Him spread love and rebuke religion. That would have been amazing. Just being in his presence on a daily basis would have been unforgettable. But would it have been better than what we have available in Jesus today? Would it have been better than walking with him in the Spirit?

Think about it. The disciples had to deal with Jesus in his flesh. They saw him get hungry. They saw him sweat. They saw him get tired. They saw him sleep. They saw him use the bathroom. They had to see the human side of Jesus. I can imagine that Jesus even stunk. I know that sounds bad but they didn't have Motel 6's back then. No one was leaving the light on for Him. As much as they traveled in the heat with no change of clothes and no place to bath, I can imagine you could smell Jesus coming a mile away. I believe it is for some of these exact reasons that some, if not all of them, had to deal with periods of unbelief.

But we have an even greater means of knowing Jesus. We can develop even greater levels of belief. We have the Written Word to study and meditate on. We have the privilege of learning from others who have gone before us. The prophets of old longed to have the ability to see and hear the things we can see and hear today.

For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
Matthew 13:17

Not only do we have the privilege of the written Word and the knowledge of those that have gone before us, but we have an even greater gift from whom we gain understanding. The Holy Spirit of God! Jesus in fact said that it would be to our advantage if he leaves.

But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou? But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart. Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
John 16:5-7

What a great gift it is to have the spirit of God available to each of us, and within each of us who believe, to teach us and guide us. To reveal things of the future and give us understanding of things of the past. Yes, walking with the physical Jesus would have been just awesome, but what we have, because he went away, is even greater!

But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.
John 14:26

We are to walk by faith and not by sight. Blessed is he that has not seen, yet still believes! I have often thought how great it would be to hear an audible voice from God. But now that I think about it, it just might ruin me. For if God spoke to me today, and then tomorrow silence, I would be devastated. I would be wondering what in the world I did to cause Him to leave. I would be spending the rest of my natural life trying to perform just to get God to speak to me one more time! But he speaks to me every day right now, he speaks through His Word.

For we walk by faith, not by sight!
2 Corinthians 5:7

Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
John 20:29

Thank you Jesus for revealing yourself to us in your Word and by the power of your Spirit. It's great walking with you!

In love,
Michael

MichaelATL44's photo
Thu 04/02/09 08:07 AM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Thu 04/02/09 08:59 AM

Greetings brethren,

Today I wanted to share a simple lesson that I have learned about how to get an answer or instructions from God. I find this to be a very practical application of the truth that we have already been given The Mind of Christ.

Recently I wrote a blog entitled "Sprit, Soul & Body". It is important to understand the principles of that lesson in order to grasp the concept of the message I am attempting to relay here.

For who hath known the mind of the Lord, that he may instruct him? But we have the mind of Christ.
1 Corinthians 2:16

The born-again spirit part of you already contains the very mind of Christ. Often when we pray we are asking God to speak to us or give us an answer and we expect that answer to come from maybe an audible voice or some other outside source. But the truth of the matter is that the very mind of Christ has already been placed within your spirit!

But ye have an unction from the Holy One, and ye know all things.
1 John 2:20

We know all things? Can't be Aunt Bee! Well, that's what the Word says. We know all things. If you are like me you are saying, "Not me, I certainly don't know all things". Well, thats true if you are only searching the physical or soulish realms, But in your spirit you have been given an unction, or an anointing from the Holy One. Your spirit knows all things!

Wherein he hath abounded toward us in all wisdom and prudence; Having made known unto us the mystery of his will, according to his good pleasure which he hath purposed in himself:
Ephesians 1:8-9

Notice the use of the word "hath". As in, past tense. He has abounded, or fully supplied with all wisdom and prudence, or understanding.

That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in love, and unto all riches of the full assurance of understanding, to the acknowledgement of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.
Colossians 2:2-3

And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him.
Colossians 3:10

So we already know that we have the mind of Christ. And according to the first verse here in Him are hidden all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. So therefore, hidden within us are also all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.

The new man, as I talked about in the Spirit, Soul & Body blog is our born-again spirit! And it has been renewed in knowledge after the image of Him that created us. That's awesome!

I love this verse too:

Counsel in the heart of man is like deep water; but a man of understanding will draw it out.
Proverbs 20:5

So then, we have the mind of Christ. We know all things. Hidden within us are all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge. We have been renewed in the knowledge of Him who created us. And He has supplied us with all wisdom and understanding, and made unto us the mystery of His will.

Wow! That's powerful. So now the question becomes, how do we tap into that? How can we bring all this knowledge and wisdom from our spirits and into our soulish realms so we may reaps their benefits.? The answer is simply, by praying in tongues!

For if I pray in an unknown tongue, my spirit prayeth, but my understanding is unfruitful.
1 Corinthians 14:14

See praying in tongues is so much more than just building yourself up or proving to the members of your congregation that you have the Holy Spirit. It's also more than just using it for spiritual warfare.

When you pray in tongues your born-again spirit prays. And that my friends is where all of those incredible gifts of knowledge and wisdom and understanding, that you already have, are located. They are in your spirit! Praying in tongues is like the golden bucket that you use to dip down into the deep wells of your very core, the spirit part of you, and bring up those priceless buckets of living water!

Now here's the great part:

Wherefore let him that speaketh in an unknown tongue pray that he may interpret.
1 Corinthians 14:13

When you pray in tongues, you can also pray for an interpretation. I know that this is generally talking about an interpretation for others to understand, but God will give you the interpretation! That's powerful!

So when you are perplexed about something, or you really need to get a Word of Wisdom from God, I encourage you to start praying in tongues and also pray that He will give you an interpretation and when that interpretation comes, boom, there's your answer from God!

He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.
John 7:38

Now that's good stuff! And I truly believe that this is exactly how we can dig down deep within our spirits and utilize the amazing gift we have, The Mind of Christ!

That's all I have to say about that.

I love you brothers and sisters,
Michael

Related Links:

Original Post: http://www.mychurch.org/blog/241333/The-Mind-of-Christ

Spirit, Soul, & Body: http://www.mychurch.org/blog/240685/Spirit-Soul--Body

MichaelATL44's photo
Wed 04/01/09 03:36 PM
Let me further say that my comment was not intended to be argumentative. That's not my style.

And, I'd also like to say thanks for not picking my posts apart. While my born-again spirit may in fact be perfect, my soul (mind, will, emotions, etc,) and my flesh have a long way to go!

MichaelATL44's photo
Wed 04/01/09 03:25 PM
You know, I have been bothered by my response all day long and was waiting to come back here and apologize.

Yours was a very light hearted message and it really did bless me.

Forgive me for being so picky. I was in some kind of funk last night after having a rather lengthy discussion on another board.

However I will say that is very important that those that are just now seeking the Lord realize that He lives in the hearts of those that love Him.

It kinda bothers me when we pray things like, "Father, we pray that you would come and be with us today". He already promised to never leave! Lo, I am with you, even to the ends of the earth!

Anyway, thanks for being understanding and I'll learn to lighten' up a bit!

Michael

MichaelATL44's photo
Tue 03/31/09 06:25 PM
That's a beautiful analysis. But biblically speaking, it’s not truth.

Please, don't perceive my response in the wrong light, but all to often people, even born again, spirit filled, tongue-talking believers still see God as some outside source, hence, that’s why we are trained to look up.

While I agree that all too often we are looking to outside sources to fill the void that only God can fill, I have to disagree that "looking up" is the answer.

God is spirit. (Jn 4:24). He dwells within the heart of each and every believer, and for that reason I say, that we need to reach deeper within, and not outward.

He is the God that is with us and that will never leave us or forsake us.

While looking up sounds good, and seems to be the "spiritual" principle. It's not biblical nor is it truth.

As born again believers, everything we need to overcome is contained within us, in our born-again spirits. And based upon that truth, looking up is not the answer, rather looking within and drawing from that well, is where life's physical, and spititual launching pad lies.

John 7:38
He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.

MichaelATL44's photo
Tue 03/31/09 03:15 PM
I assume since you posted this under the Christian category, you are interested in a biblical perspective.

There is much to learn from the word of God in these regards. While, yes, men of old were permitted to have multiple wives, it was never God’s intention for that to be so.

Rather than go into a great long discussion of that principle, I submit to the following verses From Ephesians Chapter 5, for your consideration:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
21 And further, submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.

22 For wives, this means submit to your husbands as to the Lord.

23 For a husband is the head of his wife as Christ is the head of the church. He is the Savior of his body, the church.

24 As the church submits to Christ, so you wives should submit to your husbands in everything.

25 For husbands, this means love your wives, just as Christ loved the church. He gave up his life for her

26 to make her holy and clean, washed by the cleansing of God’s word.

27 He did this to present her to himself as a glorious church without a spot or wrinkle or any other blemish. Instead, she will be holy and without fault.

28 In the same way, husbands ought to love their wives as they love their own bodies. For a man who loves his wife actually shows love for himself.

29 No one hates his own body but feeds and cares for it, just as Christ cares for the church.

30 And we are members of his body.

31 As the Scriptures say, “A man leaves his father and mother and is joined to his wife, and the two are united into one.”

32 This is a great mystery, but it is an illustration of the way Christ and the church are one.

33 So again I say, each man must love his wife as he loves himself, and the wife must respect her husband.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is so much said in those verses. I won’t go into all of it but pay particular attention to verse 31. The biblical principle of marriage is that one man, and one woman, become one flesh.

As in the following verse:
1 Corinthians 6:17
“But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.”

We become one spirit with the Lord when we accept him as Lord and become born again. We are His bride and His desire is that we worship only him as God. Certainly, having, and or worshipping multiple gods is not biblical or even accepted by God.

And as in the verses above, our relations with our wife, singular, is supposed to reflect that same type of unity, that same type of relationship. One spirit with the Lord, and one spirit with your wife. No exceptions.

MichaelATL44's photo
Mon 03/30/09 01:29 PM
It Get's Greater Later!

MichaelATL44's photo
Sun 03/29/09 03:13 PM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Sun 03/29/09 03:15 PM
Sister I believe with all my heart that God not only can heal you, or will heal you, but that He has already healed you.

Your healing was made available 2000 years ago. You have been, past tense, been blessed with every spiritual blessing, healing included. It's in the realm of the spirit and by faith you can call that healing to manifest into your mind, your body, and your life.

The word that was translated as "saved" or "salvation" in the New Testament is the Greek word "sozo". Sozo is a mutifacited word that not only includes escape from eternal damnation, but it also includes physical and emotional healing as well as propserity in every area of your life. Sozo, was made availablle because of the atoning sacrifice of Jesus. Anything that was provided for us in the atonement is already ours and we can reach out by faith and receive it, healing included.

You didn't have to beg God to save you, right? You believed in your heart and confessed with your mouth, and by faith you received that ever so wonderful gift of salvation. Or better said, the gift of Sozo!

Having said all that, here is a verse I offer for your strong consideration:

Colossians 2:6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

In other words, your healing, your well-being, your peace, your joy, and every other blessing of the Lord you get in the same exact way you received Christ. You believed it in your heart, you confessed it with your mouth, and you simple recived.

God wants you well!

MichaelATL44's photo
Sun 03/29/09 02:48 PM
Good afternoon brethren!

Well, I started this day by listening to a three hour message on the multifaceted levels of God’s amazing grace. I followed that message by reading aloud all of the 159 verses I found in the KJV that contain the word” grace”.

Grace is so very crucial to our Christian lives and there is so very much to share. Grace goes way far beyond the simple yet familiar definition of, “God’s unmerited favor”. While it is unmerited, and there is a favor that is contained in certain types of grace, the biblical definitions and principles of grace are many.

My intention, or plan if you will, was of course to compose my findings and express what the Lord has shown me in a blog. But as I began to write I felt compelled by the Spirit of the Lord to write something entirely different. Imagine that!

As you can see from the title of this post, today I wrote a blog on the healing power of God’s word. And in particular, how that healing power is and can be directly related to the way we think and the words we speak.

God’s wants you well. Of that I assure you. If you happen to be dealing with some sort of health issue then I strongly recommend taking the time to read my blog from today.

Jesus healed every person that came to Him each and every time. Most times they came in multitudes. And Jesus said that He can only do that which He sees the Father doing. So if Jesus heals every time, and He only does that which the Father does, then you can take that as word that it is God’s desire to see you completely free from all sickness and all disease.

Ok, so I’m starting to get a little off the topic and encourage you to read my blog which I have posted on MyChurch. It’s a little easier to read on that format. Feel free to come back here and offer any comments and or ask questions.

So, now, because a friend of mine emailed me the instruction, I am going to actually try to post a real link this time.

In love,
Michael

The Link: http://www.mychurch.org/blog/414060/Healing-Thoughts

MichaelATL44's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:37 AM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Sun 03/29/09 09:39 AM
Recently I have been meditating, speaking, and believing the following verses which go along with what you have posted:

Proverbs 18:22
"Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD."

There is no doubt in my mind that having a Godly wife most definitely is a good thing. And together, we can recieve not just favor "from" the Lord, but favor "of" the Lord. In others words The same favor that the Lord has, so shall we have also.

And then:

Psalm 84:11
"For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory: no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly."

God is not going to withhold any good thing from us when we are walking uprightly. Or you could say when we are walking through the power of His grace, allowing His power to work through us. So a wife, he shall not withhold.

But before He brings to us our wife, we need to be certain that we are:

Matthew 6:33
"But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you."

God will bring our wife and present her to us when He knows for certain that we are seeking first His kingdom and His righteousness. Then and only then shall He add her unto us.

And as Prohpetic Servant points out:

Genesis 2:21-23
"And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.

Our wife, and the favor "of" the Lord shall come out of us. Or better stated, out of the Christ that is within us.

MichaelATL44's photo
Sun 03/29/09 09:18 AM
Thank you. I had an idea that there was someone who needed this. Please, by all means, feel free to pass it on. And do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of help.

MichaelATL44's photo
Sat 03/28/09 06:26 PM
This is a re-post of a blog I wrote some time ago. The Spirit of the Lord has placed this on my heart to post it here. This blog is for someone, of that I am sure.

The original version can be found here:
http://www.mychurch.org/blog/379261/Its-Tuesday-Morning

It's Tuesday Morning
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's Tuesday morning. You just woke up. The last four days are like a fog to you. Friday you got paid. You remember cashing your check. You remember stopping by the liquor store for a bottle of wine. After that, things get a little blurry.

The front desk is on the line. They are trying to confirm that you are checking out. Checking out? You haven't quite yet remembered where you are. As you open your eyes and glance around the room, it becomes quite apparent, you are in a hotel room once again.

The last real thought you have is leaving your job on Friday. Not just any job, but the fourth job you've had this year. You pulled it together enough again this time to ace the interview. The events of your past were unseen to your new and unsuspecting employer. He hired you on the basis of your lies. You have fooled yet another.

You really had good intentions this time. You were going to start to pay back your parents. Some of the money was to save up for a car. Some of it was to buy some respectable clothes. This time was different. The drugs were a thing of the past.

But that's not exactly what your coke dealer has to say. Despite your wasted paycheck, he's banging on your door too. It seems like you've promised and owe him $500 you don't have. He's not receptive of your excuses.

When will this end? You try with all your might to pull your life together. But every step you take in the right direction seems to be countered with an elastic draw right back into the pit. Life sucks and you can't control it any longer. Death seems to be the only hope.

You are in the hands of the enemy. Entangled by the snares of false security. The devil has you in his clutches. Suicide is the thought he embeds.

Sound familiar? Does this somewhat remotely resemble the life you now live? I can relate my friend. I have been there and far beyond. What you are going through and experiencing is nothing but a lie. You are not a nobody. You are a somebody. And God, the God of the bible, cares for you and wants to pull you out.

You see, I lived in that pit of lies. I lived there for a very long time. I was near death when the Truth was revealed to me. The truth that there is a better way. The truth that Jesus is real. I speak from experience.

I write this little note today for the purposes of offering myself to those that may be under the bondage of addiction. There is a truth, a greater truth that will indeed set you free. If you are feeling trapped by the lies of this world, and you need help, I am here for you.

Jesus came to set the captives free, and that includes you. He promises freedom from the world. I am merely here to confirm that.

In love,
Michael

michaelsav2004@yahoo.com

MichaelATL44's photo
Sat 03/28/09 06:22 PM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Sat 03/28/09 06:23 PM
This is a re-post of a blog I wrote some time ago. The Spirit of the Lord has placed this on my heart to post it here. This blog is for someone, of that I am sure.

The original version can be found here:
http://www.mychurch.org/blog/379261/Its-Tuesday-Morning

It's Tuesday Morning

It's Tuesday morning. You just woke up. The last four days are like a fog to you. Friday you got paid. You remember cashing your check. You remember stopping by the liquor store for a bottle of wine. After that, things get a little blurry.

The front desk is on the line. They are trying to confirm that you are checking out. Checking out? You haven't quite yet remembered where you are. As you open your eyes and glance around the room, it becomes quite apparent, you are in a hotel room once again.

The last real thought you have is leaving your job on Friday. Not just any job, but the fourth job you've had this year. You pulled it together enough again this time to ace the interview. The events of your past were unseen to your new and unsuspecting employer. He hired you on the basis of your lies. You have fooled yet another.

You really had good intentions this time. You were going to start to pay back your parents. Some of the money was to save up for a car. Some of it was to buy some respectable clothes. This time was different. The drugs were a thing of the past.

But that's not exactly what your coke dealer has to say. Despite your wasted paycheck, he's banging on your door too. It seems like you've promised and owe him $500 you don't have. He's not receptive of your excuses.

When will this end? You try with all your might to pull your life together. But every step you take in the right direction seems to be countered with an elastic draw right back into the pit. Life sucks and you can't control it any longer. Death seems to be the only hope.

You are in the hands of the enemy. Entangled by the snares of false security. The devil has you in his clutches. Suicide is the thought he embeds.

Sound familiar? Does this somewhat remotely resemble the life you now live? I can relate my friend. I have been there and far beyond. What you are going through and experiencing is nothing but a lie. You are not a nobody. You are a somebody. And God, the God of the bible, cares for you and wants to pull you out.

You see, I lived in that pit of lies. I lived there for a very long time. I was near death when the Truth was revealed to me. The truth that there is a better way. The truth that Jesus is real. I speak from experience.

I write this little note today for the purposes of offering myself to those that may be under the bondage of addiction. There is a truth, a greater truth that will indeed set you free. If you are feeling trapped by the lies of this world, and you need help, I am here for you.

Jesus came to set the captives free, and that includes you. He promises freedom from the world. I am merely here to confirm that.

In love,
Michael

michaelsav2004@yahoo.com

MichaelATL44's photo
Sat 03/28/09 08:33 AM
This is my latest blog. You can find the original and a much more readable version here:
http://www.mychurch.org/blog/413153/My-Wonderful-Life

My Wonderful Life

A couple of ways that the dictionary defines the word wonderful is that which is fantastic, extraordinarily good, or great. When I speak of how my life is absolutely wonderful, I can't honestly say that it finds it's home in either one of those definitions. Yet, I say that my life is wonderful because I am, and may always be, full of wonder.

So what does that mean? Here's how the dictionary defines the word wonder:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
have a wish or desire to know something; "He wondered who had built this beautiful church"

the feeling aroused by something strange and surprising

place in doubt or express doubtful speculation; "I wonder whether this was the right thing to do"; "she wondered whether it would snow tonight"

something that causes feelings of wonder; "the wonders of modern science"

be amazed at; "We marvelled at the child's linguistic abilities"

curiosity: a state in which you want to learn more about something

Now here in these definitions I can see some of myself. Particularly in the last definition. "curiosity: a state in which you want to learn more about something". God has placed within me this marvelous desire to know more about Him. It's fantastic!

The bible has much, much to say about knowledge; knowledge of God and His Son. In fact, Jesus himself said that knowing, or having knowledge of God and the One that He sent, is in and of itself, eternal life. Eternal life is knowing God.

There are so very many verses that prove this all important truth about knowing God. Knowing God is the answer to the worlds problems. It's that powerful. What the world needs is God's grace. And not only His grace, but the peace that comes along with it. I believe that both grace and peace are truly a free gift from God. They are both imparted into the spirit of every born-again believer. But that my friends is not where this knowing God issue is to end.

If we like the grace and the peace that comes from the born-again experience, then continuing to know God and His Son more and more, only magnifies, or amplifies if you will, those two ever crucial and ever so desirable gifts.

"Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord"
2 Peter 1:2

It is this wonderful experience of getting to know God that causes me to consider my life wonderful. Completely full of wonder and awe. It truly is marvelous.

And that brings me a new definition for which I present. The word marvel. Here are a few ways the dictionary defines it:
wonder: be amazed at; "We marvelled at the child's linguistic abilities"

express astonishment or surprise about something

wonder: something that causes feelings of wonder; "the wonders of modern science"

To me those seem like rather worldly definitions. But I can relate to "something that causes feelings of wonder". Knowing God is marvelous. And the more we know, the more we want to know. He most definitely causes within us feelings of wonder.

The word marvel from the Greek is the word tamahh{taw-mah'}. It means:
to be astounded

be stunned

be amazed

be dumbfounded

Based upon those definitions, I can honestly say that I often marvel over the things of God. His amazing love is at times more than my peanut-sized brain can fathom. He is truly amazing.

I also find it quite interesting that I find in scripture only two occasions when Jesus himself marvelled over something. One time he marveled over the unsuspected faith of a Roman soldier:

We read:

8:5And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, 8:6And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. 8:7 And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. 8:8 The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed. 8:9For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it. 8:10 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.
Matthew 8:5-10

Jesus was astounded, stunned, amazed, and dumbfounded by the level of understanding that this man had. Jesus literally marveled at his faith.

The second time I see that Jesus was marvelled comes from a not-so positive instance. Jesus had entered back into His own home town to teach but He could do no mighty work there because they knew Him. But they knew Him not according to who He was in the spirit, but only according to who He was in the flesh.

Let's read:

6:1 And he went out from thence, and came into his own country; and his disciples follow him. 6:2 And when the sabbath day was come, he began to teach in the synagogue: and many hearing him were astonished, saying, From whence hath this [man] these things? and what wisdom is this which is given unto him, that even such mighty works are wrought by his hands? 6:3Is not this the carpenter, the son of Mary, the brother of James, and Joses, and of Juda, and Simon? and are not his sisters here with us? And they were offended at him. 6:4 But Jesus said unto them, A prophet is not without honour, but in his own country, and among his own kin, and in his own house. 6:5 And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. 6:6 And he marvelled because of their unbelief. And he went round about the villages, teaching.
Mark 6:1-6

Jesus was astounded, stunned, amazed, and dumbfounded by their level of unbelief.

So what does this tell me? This tells me that there are only two things that really cause Jesus to stand up and take notice. Great faith and great unbelief. I really don't think He even sees a middle ground. There is no gray area. Maybe that's why He told us that he would rather we either be hot, or cold, not lukewarm?

"So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth."
Revelation 3:16

Friends, I title this blog, "My Wonderful Life" because knowing God, and getting to know Him more and more is what makes this life wonderful. When I think of His wonderful love and his amazing plan I am astounded, stunned, amazed, and dumbfounded. It really and truly is marvelous.

Therefore I wonder. I wonder How Jesus sees me. I certainly hope that He would see me as marvelous. Not marvelous because of my unbelief, yet marvelous because of my unwavering faith. Have you ever asked yourself that question? What do you think his viewpoint of you would be?

In love,
Michael

MichaelATL44's photo
Fri 03/27/09 05:57 PM
Thank you. I am so glad this spoke to you.

You can read the original version which is formatted for much easier reading here:

http://www.mychurch.org/blog/371294/Sometimes-We-Must-Rewind

And on that note: Anyone care to enlighten me on how to format text? You would think I would have learned HTML codes by now!

Any help would be much appreciated!