Community > Posts By > MichaelATL44

MichaelATL44's photo
Tue 11/02/10 01:14 PM
Upon Jesus’ last breath the scriptures say “He yielded up the ghost” and “the veil of the temple was torn in two”. The veil was torn not only so we could have access into the holiest, but also so that the holiest could have access to us. The torn curtain didn’t just let us in, it also let the Holy Spirit out. And now He roams throughout the earth seeking for new temples to fill. You are the temple; the new and living way.

MichaelATL44's photo
Mon 11/01/10 11:49 AM
“There is a generation that is pure in its own eyes, yet is not washed from its filthiness.” Purity in the eyes of man differs immensely from God’s perspective. We could spend a lifetime becoming clean and pure in the presence of our fellow man, yet none of those efforts would avail us anything in the eyes of the Father. Jesus said “Cleanse first that which is within the cup that the outside may be clean also.”

MichaelATL44's photo
Sun 10/31/10 01:36 PM
Isaiah prophesied of the coming Messiah saying, “He shall not judge by the sight of His eyes, nor decide by the hearing of His ears.” That’s good news. He sees not our carnality, nor does He listen to rumors that others may be speaking of us. “Man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.” What concerns God, is our spirit. And if we be in Christ, then our spirit has been made perfect, forever.

MichaelATL44's photo
Fri 10/29/10 12:11 PM
Never doubt God’s ability to use you. In Acts the Apostles became too busy to properly serve the people so they said, “Seek out from among you seven men of good reputation, full of the Holy Spirit and wisdom, whom we may appoint over this business.” Among the chosen was a man named Stephen, and the bible says, “Stephen did great wonders and signs among the people.” Miracles did not pass away with the Apostles.

MichaelATL44's photo
Thu 10/28/10 05:54 PM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Thu 10/28/10 05:55 PM
Paul said, “Awake to righteousness and sin not” What a far-reaching statement. We don’t obtain righteousness by refraining from sin; paradoxically we become free from sin by obtaining a consciousness of righteousness. Paul goes on to say “For some have not the knowledge of God” The knowledge of God releases unto us all things pertaining to life and godliness; thereby we become unshackled from the bondage of sin. Amen.

MichaelATL44's photo
Wed 10/27/10 06:02 PM
“To whom little is forgiven, the same loveth little.” Jesus connects our ability to love with the level that we receive forgiveness. He also said “Love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, all thy soul, and all thy mind.” Without first receiving abundant forgiveness we’re incapable of loving to this degree. So you could say: Receive forgiveness from the Lord thy God with all thy heart, all thy soul, and all thy mind.

MichaelATL44's photo
Mon 10/25/10 01:55 PM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Mon 10/25/10 02:00 PM
Jesus compared heaven to a wedding feast saying, “Go into the highways, and as many as you find, invite to the wedding. So those servants went out into the highways and gathered together all whom they found, both bad and good. And the wedding hall was filled with guests.” - Our attendance at the wedding is not contingent upon our actions. Both bad and good, by accepting the invitation, shall fill the great banquet hall.

MichaelATL44's photo
Sun 10/24/10 09:11 PM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Sun 10/24/10 09:12 PM
Hello brethren. I Hope this little post finds everyone well.

Mark 6:41 - “When he had taken the five loaves and two fishes, he looked up to heaven...” The phrase “looked up” in this verse doesn’t mean Jesus tilted his head upward. It was translated from a phrase meaning to receive sight or to see again. Jesus looked beyond the physical realm into the spiritual realm where we have abundance of life. When earthly vision limits your resources, look up and receive sight of the available spiritual provisions.

MichaelATL44's photo
Wed 10/20/10 08:07 PM
Jesus said, “Narrow is the way which leads unto life.” That word narrow is the Greek word “thlibo” and means: to press (as grapes), press hard upon, a compressed way, etc. So, if you are beginning to feel the pressures of this life, as if the walls of the world were closing in on you, fear not beloved, for this experience, although temporarily distressing, is a tremendous sign that the kingdom of God is calling you.

MichaelATL44's photo
Sun 10/10/10 07:03 AM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Sun 10/10/10 07:04 AM
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you. - John 15:15

MichaelATL44's photo
Sat 10/09/10 08:22 AM
Hi there.

I just moved here from Atlanta and am looking to make some new friends and to hopefully find that special someone. Please feel free to drop me a line and hope you're having a good day.

Michael

MichaelATL44's photo
Mon 09/14/09 08:47 AM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Mon 09/14/09 08:50 AM
Yesterday I was sitting in a cozy chair at Borders sipping on a nice hot Americano and finishing the last couple of chapters of "What's So Amazing About Grace?" by Philip Yancey. That is a great book by the way.

Anyway, the following song was playing quietly in the background and the Spirit of God was ever so strong in reminding me of just how intense His love if for me. Not only for me of course but for you also and for ALL people. The saints and the sinners. The lost and the found. Those that can see and those that are blind. God's love is without any conditional attachments.

Listen closely to this song. Let the lyrics, the heart, the moaning guitars, and the Spirit penetrate and remove any doubts you may be experiencing as to whether you are loved. He, God Almighty, the creator of all things, wants you you, and He wants you so bad!

James 4:5
"The spirit that dwelleth in us lusteth to envy."

The song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pK2NAn-AIcE

MichaelATL44's photo
Mon 09/07/09 04:34 PM

HAYYYYYYYYYYAAAAA TEMPTATIONS!!!!!!!!!!

Now that was funny!

MichaelATL44's photo
Sun 09/06/09 08:40 PM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Sun 09/06/09 08:42 PM
I commend you my friend for being transparent. I learned some time ago that the devil cannot hold us in bondage to that which we openly admit.

Grace. Grace, as opposed to what most people preach, does not cover sin, it breaks the power of sin. Our sins are covered, but they are covered by love. As the scriptures say, love covers a multitude of sin.

Paul teaches that the law, or in other words, trying to get right by our own efforts, is the very thing that keeps us in chains. The words says that the law is actually the strength of sin. What a paradox, eh? But it's truth.

He goes on to teach that because we are no longer under the law, then we are no longer subject to the power that causes us to sin, self-righteousness.

Hebrews tells us that we are to no longer even have a conscious of sin. What? Yep! That's what it says. As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he. While you stay engulfed by the concious of sin, you remain a slave to that sin.

rather, as we focus on the grace, love, and mercy of our wonderful Saviour, then sin loses it's power and we begin to live holier accidentally then we ever could on purpose. As a man thinks so is he.

Your spirit, the born-again part of you, is as perfect and pure an holy as Jesus is. (1 JN 4:17). God is Spirit. (JN 4:24). And what God sees is that white-as-snow spirit part of you.

My point? Focus not on yourself but keep your thoughts on Jesus and how Holy He is. The scripture says that when we see Him as He is, then we become like Him.

Grace. It's the answer. Grace is multiplied, not just added, to us by the knowledge of God and His Son Jesus. And then Titus 2 says that grace teaches us how to live Holy. Forget trying to live Holy. Learn grace and grace will teach you the rest!

"For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world; Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ.
Titus 2:11-13

Peace

MichaelATL44's photo
Tue 09/01/09 07:10 PM
If you are in Christ Jesus, then you are righteous, whether you believe it or not. He became sin so that we would become His rightousness. When you became born again, you were created in righteousness and true holiness. Created that way! You can't change it!

MichaelATL44's photo
Tue 09/01/09 07:06 PM
Edited by MichaelATL44 on Tue 09/01/09 07:07 PM
"Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree." GAL 3:13 - Jesus was made a curse for us that we should receive the blessings of God. So, if we are no longer subject to being cursed, then that leaves only blessings that can come into our lives. It's either "A", or "B". There is no middle ground. There is no gray area. The Word, which is truth, is purely black and white. Blessings abound...That's the God kind of life!

MichaelATL44's photo
Thu 07/23/09 03:22 PM
We are here because there is not prepared yet.

MichaelATL44's photo
Wed 07/22/09 08:20 AM
It sounds to me like what you are experiencing is acid reflux. After eating your stomach releases strong acids to continue to breakdown and digestion of food. There is a sphincter type muscle at the top of your diaphragm that under normal circumstances closes to keep the stomach acid from coming back up from the stomach and into the esophagus. When that muscle becomes weak or stretched, it is unable to keep the acid from doing that and causes the condition we know as acid reflux. It can often feel like a very bad heartburn and sometime also causes severe bloating.

Another possibility is that you could have a hiatal hernia. That is where a portion of the stomach itself comes through that sphincter muscle and enters into the chest cavity.

There is a lot of information to be found on the net and I am certain that a simple search for “acid reflux” will reveal more information than you care to read.

Not to worry however. This condition is can be easily treated and I for one would suggest some of the natural remedies over any sort of medication. For example, organic cider vinegar taken a couple of times a day in with a little water and maybe some honey will produce even more stomach acid and cause your stomach to digest foods more thoroughly and faster often bringing much relief.

A couple of simple suggestions:

Try not to eat after 6:30 PM or so or at least three hours before sleep.

Remain upright for at least 30 minutes or an hour after eating. No lying down or bending over.

Elevate the head of your bed by 6”8”

Foods to avoid:

Peppermint
Chocolate
Tomato based products
Citrus, to name a few.

I hope this helps a little bit!

Michael

MichaelATL44's photo
Mon 07/13/09 09:27 AM
People don't go to hell for their individual acts of sin anyway. Those that are believers have been reconciled, past tense, to God through Christ Jesus and our sins are no longer being imputed unto us. (2 Cor. 5:19)

Sins, or acts of sin, are not the issue between us and God any longer. People go to hell for sin singular, as in the old sin nature. Once we become born again our old sin nature is put to death and our new man is created in rightesnous and true holines (Eph. 4:24)

There are so many examples of this in scripture. Even David said, "Blessed is the man to whom the Lord will not impute sin". He didn't say "might not" or or "cannot". He said "will not". The sin issue has been dealt with. Sin has to be judged, yes, but sin was judged in the flesh of the Lord Jesus and now sins are no longer keeping us separated from God. That's the Gospel.

Romans 8:3
God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh...

Jesus Himself said this in John Chapter 16:

7Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

9Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Notice in verse 8 He says that the Spirit will convince the world of "sin" singular. Not "sins" as in acts of sin. And then He goes on in verse 9 to tell us what that one sin is: Not believing on Him!

People don't go to hell for drinking or smoking. Or committing adultery, or murder, or lying, or any other acts of sin. People go to Hell for not accepting the payment for their sins, the Lord Jesus Christ!

Amen!

MichaelATL44's photo
Fri 05/15/09 10:35 AM
Thanks Laura.

I do love that song. The version I had from CD was over 12 minutes long and I couldn't post it on Youtube. I didn't even think to look and see if there was a shorter version.

Thank you!