Community > Posts By > JayGar

JayGar's photo
Fri 09/04/09 08:32 PM
"Into The Wild" by Jon Krakauer.

That book changed my life. I related to Christopher McCandless in so many ways that I don't know where to begin.

JayGar's photo
Fri 09/04/09 08:29 PM
Jon Lovitz in "The Wedding Singer".

End of discussion. tongue2

JayGar's photo
Fri 09/04/09 08:21 PM

Hoping that Pixar would only be the graphics and nothing more, they could make a wicked Silver Surfer or Doctor Strange flick. Its doubtful they will do anything anytime soon as Marvel still has deals with other companies for a lot of their character rights, but Disney wants them all back... and maybe that would be good. Especially how Ghost Rider was butchered... or the F4. I gotta say, even the spider-man flicks were complete crap. Lets hope they never give Bret Ratner another shot at one of their spin-offs too

Bret Ratner should never be allowed to direct another comic book/graphic novel film, ever! What happened to Storms accent in the 3rd X-Men film? He ruined what could have been a great trilogy.

JayGar's photo
Fri 09/04/09 12:15 AM
I will say I've been stocking up on some Robert Johnson, The Isley Bros. and Al Green. 60's & 70's was the best era for "music" in my opinion.

JayGar's photo
Fri 09/04/09 12:01 AM
I dunno, artists/bands whom I still support that continue to make music today are Interpol, MUSE, Jack Johnson and Paul Simon. I'm a sucker for Billy Idol, true story.frustrated

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/03/09 11:55 PM
I find myself still listening to 70's & 80's, mostly.

I tend to rely on my friends whom are in bands, luckily I raid their iTunes to get music, lately.

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/03/09 11:52 PM

Hey cutie pie, how are you?

Isn't it past your bedtime? Get out of here.laugh

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/03/09 11:43 PM

I love the comments! Just for the record, I'm not at all 'anti-facebook' nor am I 'anti-social networking' ... but I do think these companies that run the sites are fundamentally 'evil until proven innocent' - they will be taken to court and they will be taken to task by their users (already have been - for a sneaky and unpopular change of their TOS) for various shenanigans in the future.

I just think we should keep our eyes open as technologies (and tech companies) reshape our world.

Well said. I politely call that nerd-network FakeBook, but that's just me. :laughing:

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/03/09 11:34 PM
I hardly ever listen to the radio in my truck anymore and everytime I actually do turn it on, I feel like I am so out of the loop of what's "hot" these days. Maybe because I've only been listening to music on my iPod for the past 3 years. I still purchase music from stores or search artists/bands when my musical buddies suggest me to, but I seem to stay loyal to artists/bands I've been listening to on my iPod.

Perhaps it's due to my unwillingness to allow the media to tell me what's "hot" and what's "not", I guess. I used to go to Coachella before it got crowded with bands that were too well known. I used to rely on Coachella every year as my musical source to discover new music. Now we got all these well-established acts that are being force fed to us.

Hope I am not the only who feels this way.whoa

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/03/09 11:15 PM
Edited by JayGar on Thu 09/03/09 11:16 PM
My initial thought was "D'OH!!!"

But honestly, I think Disney's acquistion could be good and bad. If anything, they'll keep MARVEL Entertainment as a seperate branch of Disney ala Touchtone Pictures or Miramax Films, ya know? As long as Disney doesn't put their own 2 cents on some of the individual franchises. I sure as hell don't want to see Wolverine rockin' Mickey Mouse ears.

I would hope to see Pixar produced MARVEL animated feature. But that's just me.

JayGar's photo
Thu 08/27/09 02:44 PM
Edited by JayGar on Thu 08/27/09 02:44 PM
Fedor's 1st fight since signing with STRIKEFORCE will be against Brett Rogers. Now before all you Fedor nutt-huggers write off Rogers, keep in mind that guy has some real heavy hands. This is a guy who's hungry and wanting to face top competition as opposed to being spoon-fed crappy opponents like Kimbo Slice. It's not like Rogers hasn't faced top competition. Hell, he put my man Andrei Arlovski to sleep in 22 seconds. The same guy that had Fedor backpeddling at one point in their fight for Affliction.

Now I know Arlovski's chin has been deemed questionable, but Rogers is 4sure a top ten heavyweight and I think could give Fedor a fight that may actually go past the 1st round. Am I saying he's going to beat Fedor? Hell no! But I give the man a "punchers chance", if anything.

Also, you have to factor in that this will be Fedor's 1st fight inside a cage. History has shown/proven that fighters get a little caught off guard when making that transition. Some have not become accustomed to clinching up against the fence or using the fence to push off from when in someones guard. But then again, Fedor Emelianenko isn't some random fighter.

Props to STRIKEFORCE & M1-Global for making it happen.

Thoughts, anyone?

JayGar's photo
Thu 02/05/09 03:14 PM
Edited by JayGar on Thu 02/05/09 03:21 PM

Notre Dame Fan, here.

Looks like we got a pretty good group of guys this year, and it doesn't hurt to steal 2 from USC.

Yah, them Fighting Irish have a tendency to steal some guys from my USC Trojans. They stole Jimmie Clauson from us, too. How's that working for you guys by the way? rofl

We got that kid Barkley from Mater Dei high school. #1 High-school QB. Coach Carrol knows how to recruit, we always reload with superstars.

JayGar's photo
Thu 02/05/09 03:00 PM
San Jose, CA. based MMA promotion STRIKEFORCE has inked a 3-year deal with Showtime Cable to broadcast live MMA events starting in April.

According to sources, STRIKEFORCE has also acquired the video library of broke-ass Pro Elite Inc. Which includes every EliteXC & ShoXC event. In addition, STRIKEFORCE has also acquired “some” of the reported 100-plus fighter contracts that were left in limbo as Pro Elite attempted to salvage its debt.

EliteXC’s marquee fighters, like Gina Carano, Kimbo Slice and former EliteXC middleweight champion Robbie Lawler among others, are being approached by Strikeforce to re-negotiate contracts with Pro Elite that have been deemed non-transferrable without time-consuming litigation.

Many are expected to want more lucrative deals, especially in light of the unintended layoffs that have occurred with Pro Elite being broke.

This is great for MMA. Goes to show that the UFC isn't the only game in town.

JayGar's photo
Mon 02/02/09 03:05 AM
Dating someone older than you can be a good thing. At least they'll be mature, for the most part.

Don't stress and let your gut instinct point you in the right direction... or some s**t.

JayGar's photo
Mon 02/02/09 02:55 AM
Yah, it was one of the shows that found an audience AFTER it was canceled. I blame NBC for not promoting the show properly. A lot of the writers/producers/directors of certain episodes still work with Judd Apatow like; Jake Kasdan, Paul Feig, Mike White.

Random fact: Linda Cardellini and Jason Siegel dated for like 6-7 years after they met on Freaks & Geeks.

Another random fact: Siegel based a lot of his writing of Forgetting Sarah Marshall on his relationship with Cardellini. Albeit somewhat exaggerated, of course.

JayGar's photo
Thu 01/08/09 09:49 PM
Edited by JayGar on Thu 01/08/09 09:50 PM
Seriously, how much pride can a football team get out of winning the PapaJohns.com Bowl?

There was like 32 bowl games this year and a majority of the names of the bowls were ridiculous. I saw a bowl called the Gaylords Hotel Bowl and it was played in San Francisco. At least that's what I was told.

With the way the economy is going these days, I wouldn't be surprised if the bowl games get trimmed to 25 or less. Corporate sponsors aren't going to want to shell out too much cash, I'm guessing.

JayGar's photo
Thu 01/08/09 09:46 PM
Another year goes by in College Football and we are yet to wonder WHY there isn't just one team to be the consensus/undisputed National Champion.

I'm a big USC fan, so I'll refrain from stating USC's case for being the Number 1 team. But I can understand those Mormon Utah fans for making a case to being the No. 1 team. And as of 30mins. ago, I can understand Florida's argument in their belief that they're the true National Champs.

But why are these schools feeling the need to making a case of them being Number 1?

I'll tell you why. Those money hungry commissioners of the major college football conferences and their paranoia of losing money, that's the real problem. Their usual excuse for not implementing a playoff system is because the extra games will cause the student-athletes to not focus on their studies.

That could be a valid point, that is if EVERY OTHER division in college football didn't use a playoff format which determines a TRUE NATIONAL CHAMPION! It works for Division 2, 3 and god know how many other divisions are in college football. Why can't Division 1/FBS do it?

This argument will go on for a good while. Who do you think will go down as the National Champion this year? Or will there be a co-champion, even?

Discuss...

JayGar's photo
Thu 01/08/09 09:28 PM
It's all about timing.

JayGar's photo
Thu 01/08/09 09:08 PM
This film may just be the next great Stoner flick. I think it 4sure ranks up there with "Half-Baked", "Dazed and Confused", "The Big Lebowski", "Granma's Boy" and "How High." Just to name a few.

Pineapple Express is best viewed in the privacy and safety of your home, for obvious reason.

shades

JayGar's photo
Thu 01/08/09 09:04 PM

It's gotta be "Showgirls"laugh laugh laugh laugh

I was about to say that, too.

End of topic.