Community > Posts By > JayGar

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/25/08 08:17 AM

Thats pretty much what I'll be watching for: Nogiuera's training sessions are going to be awesome.

And a Couture/Nogiuera match up would fackin huge!!!

"Fackin' huge"... I like that. Why can't we curse for real on this shtuff.

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/25/08 02:24 AM
Edited by JayGar on Thu 09/25/08 02:26 AM
Not quite. EliteXC is doing a sorta co-promoted show with Affliction by having Andrei Arlovski taking on former IFL Heavyweight Champ, Roy Nelson.

Perhaps this is what EliteXC needs to get some badly needed ratings when they put on their 3rd CBS broadcast.

If you've been hiding under a rock, Affliction postponed their Oct. 11 show that was to feature Andrei Arlovski Vs. Josh Barnett as the main event. But due to scheduling conflicts(i.e. Dana White doing anything and everything he could to not let Affliction put on an MMA event in "his city" of Las Vegas), Affliction re-scheduled the event for early January.

Well now, Arlovski will fight Roy Nelson on an EliteXC on CBS broadcast, Oct. 4th.

Personally, I think this is great for MMA that two big/well-known promotions can co-promote in the effort of putting on great MMA fights. You hear that Dana White? Co-promotion is not such a bad idea, freakin' money grubbin' turd!

That is all. Discuss, kids...

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/25/08 02:14 AM
I'm hesitant to really give a crap about the fighters, I'm just jealous of the fighters on Team Nogiuera. What a freakin' honor to be trained by one of THE best Heavyweights, ever!

I just think it's cool to see some of his training methods with his fighters. People don't know that Nogiuera is a Jiu-Jitsu instructor. He awarded Mr. Anderson Silva with his Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu Blackbelt.

God I hope Couture handles Lesnar and Noguiera takes care of Mir to set-up Couture Vs. Noguiera. Winner becomes the No. 2 Heavyweight in the world.

JayGar's photo
Tue 09/23/08 10:53 PM

It's about time....shades "Mother of God !"

Where is your source of this information. noway

JayGar's photo
Tue 09/23/08 06:39 PM
I miss watching "Futurama" on AdultSwim. I know it's on Comedy Central now, but it's just not the same.frustrated

JayGar's photo
Tue 09/23/08 06:36 PM
Totally! I'm so glad their focusing on Bond, the man and not on all the fancy gadgets.

JayGar's photo
Tue 09/23/08 06:33 PM
Edited by JayGar on Tue 09/23/08 06:37 PM
I'm hoping it's good. The music in the trailer is what got me interested in the film to begin with cuz I wasn't too high on viewing it.

Kinda reminded me of "Constantine", at first. Which might not be so bad.

JayGar's photo
Tue 09/23/08 06:30 PM

Thats why I always go with 'Water"
Water over time wears away the rock, rusts the scissors, and soaks the paper.
Water washes away all.

I'm stealing that from you. shades

JayGar's photo
Tue 09/23/08 06:20 PM
The Trojans of Southern California, yo!!!
Mark "Dirty" Sanchez and the TROJANS are owning it all this season.

End of thread.pitchfork

JayGar's photo
Mon 09/22/08 03:54 PM

Nick Diaz and Crazy Horse... fighting for the Ghetto Championship!
[/quote

I'd pay cash money to see that in person.

I've heard rumblings that they might get Eddie Alveraz to fight Diaz for the vacant title. I'm a die-hard Nick Diaz fan, but Alvarez is freakin' stud.

JayGar's photo
Sat 09/20/08 11:55 AM
I guess EliteXC called his bluff and stripped Noons of their 160lb./Lightweight title. Guess he didn't think they'd actually strip him. He's whining that he deserves more $ blah blah blah.

Chances are, Nick Diaz will fight someone for the vacant title.

WAR Nick Diaz!!!

JayGar's photo
Fri 09/19/08 03:01 PM

yea they are, crazy horse VS Diaz ghetto vs more ghetto, crazy horse is a fkn fool lol

LOL! That's true. I've heard Crazy Horse say that the ground game is gay. Whatever that means. :P

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/18/08 11:54 PM
Eh, I see what you're saying, but both of them fools are from Stockton. Straight up ghettoness. :P

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/18/08 11:22 PM
Edited by JayGar on Thu 09/18/08 11:23 PM

big foot lol over rated and diaz, dont like him or his brother, but just my 2 cents

I don't think Silva is top 10 by any means, but as the promotions Heavyweight champ, they gotta supply him with good competition.

Did you not see Nate Diaz win against a quality fighter in Josh Neer last nite? And Nick Diaz is still waiting for that pansy BJ Noons to grow some balls already.

Yes, I call Noons BJ cuz that's what he must be doing by not defending his title.

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/18/08 11:01 PM

yea deff need to get new fighters, but everyone thats out affliction is picking up, elite xc is getting all the no bodys that everyone doesnt want, the only good fighter i see that they have is corona and cung le, gotta love crazy horse tho lol

Technically Cung Le is under contract with STRIKEFORCE. He only fights on when STRIKEFORCE and EliteXC co-promote.

But yah, they need to bring quality fighters to fight guys like Jake Shields and Nick Diaz and Antonio Silva.

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/18/08 10:02 PM
So ProElite Inc., the parent company of EliteXC might be getting bailed out from being $50-some million in the red by none other than SHOWTIME Cable. Word thru the "Jake-vine" is that Showtime will pretty much buyout the fledging MMA promotion. They already own 20% of ProElite anyways.

Wonder what kind of changes they'll make as far as production and staff go.

Discuss, kids.

JayGar's photo
Thu 09/18/08 09:49 PM

Sadly, I agree. I dont think Rampage will have much fun with Frankensilva.

Now Lesner/Wandy would be interesting just to see them out ugly each other...

Out ugly each other, LMAO!!! Thats a good one, yo.

JayGar's photo
Sun 09/14/08 07:03 PM
This will probably be the only time for me to brag about my Raiders but... They have a better record than the Chargers!!!

How 'bout them Raiders?!!!drinker

Begin mocking...

JayGar's photo
Sun 09/14/08 02:15 PM

* Champ Randy Couture vs. Brock Lesnar (for UFC heavyweight title)
* Kenny Florian vs. Joe Stevenson
* Quinton Jackson vs. TBA
* Dustin Hazelett vs. Tamdan McCrory
* Nick Catone vs. Amir Sadollah
* Gabriel Gonzaga vs. Josh Hendricks
* Jeremy Stephens vs. Rafael dos Anjos

(thanks Myka)

My picks are:
Couture over Lesner (dont eff this up Randy...)
Jackson over whoever (duh)
McCrory over Hazelett
Sadollah over Catone
Gonzaga over Hendricks
Stephens over Anjos

Word thru the "Jake-vine" is that Rampage may fight Mauricio "Shogun" Rua or Wanderlei Silva.

If that's the case, I'd put my money on Silva or Shogun. Rampage got owned by both of those Brazilians during their days in PRIDE.

JayGar's photo
Wed 09/10/08 11:43 PM
Edited by JayGar on Wed 09/10/08 11:44 PM
I guess if boxing promoters can't beat'em... join'em.

Just read that Oscar De La Hoya's "Golden Boy" promotions is in talks with Affliction to partake in putting on quality MMA shows. Rumor has it that HBO might be in on the deal, too.

This just comes off the news that Affliction had to postpone their Oct.11th in Las Vegas, "Day of Reckoning" and moved it to the Honda Center in Anaheim, California in January.(I live 5mins. away, yaaaaay!)

An anouncement is to be made this Saturday during the Marquez/Casamayor fight, on HBO.

It's not TV, it's HBO... or some sh*t.

Thoughts?