no photo
Wed 12/30/09 02:03 PM

How Cool!

no photo
Wed 12/30/09 01:58 PM
My favorite color combination is green and yellow.:thumbsup:

no photo
Tue 12/29/09 12:01 PM
I'm not so worried about a man having dentures, if he generally takes care of himself and his overall personal hygiene is good. But when the teeth are irreparably nasty and it is obviously from lack of hygiene, (obvious being that he doesn't shower often enough and also stinks of stale BO, and is really scruffy), then I probably won't be going out with him. I've been in that scenario before, and even if you try to help, nothing changes.

no photo
Tue 12/29/09 11:52 AM
If she's only lived there a short time, she may actually be smelling the smoke from a previous tenant in her apartment. In which case, it would be a psychological thing. If you are a heavy smoker, or if you've lived in the same apartment for many, many years, the smoke may have seeped through the walls. But even then it would only be a slight residue on the adjoining walls that she may smell. Or some smoke may have drifted out into the hall under your door, in which case people walking by can breathe a VERY small amount of smoke. I would think that if the ventilation system were connected, that they would not allow smoking inside the apartments. Honestly, it sounds like she has an axe to grind. Some people are like that. The suggestion about the fans may be worth a try. And, yeah, quitting smoking is ONE option, but I'm not going to attack you for smoking. That isn't the point of this forum, I don't think. I also don't want to be one of "those kind of ex-smokers."

no photo
Tue 12/22/09 01:58 PM
I've also talked to people who said that you can use a regular bread recipe and roll small gobs of dough into flat pieces and fry in oil.

no photo
Mon 12/21/09 01:50 PM
There is a set of exercises out there that are geared towards just the different abs groups. However, the only place that I've seen them is in a video that I don't own or currently have in my possession that is rather expensive. This video is designed fo rpeople who have lost weight and shaped up but who can't get rid of the excessive abdominal fat that clings to the sides and front while you are losing weight and gaining muscle everywhere else. I think that there are several different styles of crunches involved, as well as some stretches and other exercises, all of which are aimed SPECIFICALLY at the 3(?) different seperate groups of abs muscles. Just plain sit-ups only exercise one group within the abs catagory. Unfortunately, I'm not sure where to find that video anymore. You may go into a search engine and look it up. Meanwhile, you should probably coontinue with the exercises that have worked on the rest of your body thus far. GOOD LUCK.

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:44 PM
OMG! You aren't kidding!!! It's there, Yahoo search found it! shocked

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:40 PM

OK, now I have to go google this. This seems so wrong in so many ways.

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:39 PM

you have to ask for their papers

they could be Americans

Do any of you remember Cheech and Chong's video spoof entitled, "Born in East LA"?

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:36 PM
Like second Harvest. They do a lot of good work.

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:34 PM
I could grow old waiting for people to reply to a topic.laugh I jump around to see what other conversations are interesting.

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:31 PM
I'm what's known as a compulsive over-eater, so I tend to always eat too much, free or not. No OA here in small-town USA.

The unfortunate thing about the reasoning that food has to be consumed to not be a waste is that if a person over-eats adn in doing so mutilates their body with excessive calories and fat, it is still a waste. Preparing too much food is a waste whether it is eaten by people who really don't need that much, or if it is thrown out. The only thing that makes it not wasteful would be to distribute it to homeless and hungry people who don't get enough to eat in their day-to-day lives.

But to answer the original question, yeah I do gorge myself, but it doesn't matter if it's free or not.

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:22 PM
Happy Yule, Happy Hannukah, Merry Christmas, Happy New Year...Well, heck...Happy EVERYTHING, Everyone!!!!:banana: flowers drinks :banana:

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:18 PM
A friend of my Dad's passed away from cancer and emphasema a couple of years ago. His widow got everything, and ever since his ex-girlfriend's daughter has been harrassing her about how she stole everything, and that the guns were promised to her boys (who, BTW are little heathens even worse than she is), and all kinds of mean, untrue things about this widow. It has really been tough for this widow. The pseudo-step daughter has made it a point to get these facebook entries to this widow, whom my parents have been trying to help. The guy was Dad's best friend, and before he died he sold the guns to Dad, because he realized that this chick and her boys having guns would be a dangerous combination. But she's been using facebook to really badger and harrass this poor lady.
I personally won't get on facebook, because it seems like a waste of time to me. As does Twitter.

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 12:01 PM
This sounds like fun, but unfortunately I'm very computer illiterate. I'd have to have someone do this for me, and I don't know who to turn to for something like this. But I'd love to see it when it is done, so please let me know what it will be titled so that I can go see it.

no photo
Mon 12/14/09 11:57 AM
OK, I have heard of this before, but by a different name. I no longer have pets, but when I did I was too busy cleaning up hairballs and many many piles of dog and cat do-do to try to prepare raw food for them.laugh But I suppose that for some people, it would be worth it. Believe it or not, the least any food is processed, the better it is for any living being.

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:32 PM

OKKKKKKKKK I PICK YOU UP THEN............
Do I get to ride on your green and yellow tractor???:thumbsup: drool :banana:

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:26 PM
I think your tractor's sexy...It's green and yellow. WooHoo:banana:

no photo
Fri 11/20/09 12:12 PM
Edited by Roweanne on Fri 11/20/09 12:17 PM
I don't own a car. I ride a bike all summer, from the time the snow melts off in the spring until the snow stays in the fall. I think I'm going to learn how to cross-country ski this winter. Skis are less expensive than the axpenses associated with a car.

no photo
Tue 11/10/09 09:58 AM
A hug once in a while.

And air.

1 2 3 5 7 8 9 20 21