Community > Posts By > bassman1959

bassman1959's photo
Sat 04/12/08 12:54 PM
It all depends on the service. I always tip unless the service is very bad. But I make the decision on how much to tip. It might be less than 15% or more.

bassman1959's photo
Thu 04/03/08 09:20 AM
Wait, I thought we were taking about someone you had already been dating....as in a BF or GF. If the person wasn't a GF or BF and you weren't in an exclusive relationship than YES, I would see it as a red flag.

However, if I had met a woman and we had agreed to be exclusive and she tells me of these plans.....I would wonder why she didn't invite me too. Plans can change. If I wasn't invited......I wouldn't be jealous. I would wonder why she didn't want to introduce me to her friends. I would realize that our relationship isn't really that important to her. When you are a stable couple you do things together.

If I had made plans to do something like spend a week on a house boat with my friends.....male and female. And before the trip happened I had met a woman that I decided to be exclusive with , I would do every thing I could to see that she went too. I would want to introduce her to my friends. If she chose not to go.....I would be sad. However, I wouldn't cancel the trip.

I wouldn't get jealous. However, I would wonder why she wouldn't want me to come along. If she didn't want me to come along....well, there are other issues that need to be addressed. If she wasn't willing to address those issues....I would dump her.

This trip was planned a year ago before you met. Even the friend from the resort town you met online before him/her. You have held nothing back. Your attitude is the more the merrier. However, you suspect the potential mate may truly not share the same thought. Do you think you would be comfortable meeting that person or does a red flag go up.

bassman1959's photo
Thu 04/03/08 08:31 AM
Lily,

Thank You. I own a printing business. With all the American companies that are choosing to get their printing done over seas, the American printers need all the help they can get.

bassman1959's photo
Thu 04/03/08 08:28 AM
I wouldn't get jealous. However, I would wonder why she wouldn't want me to come along. If she didn't want me to come along....well, there are other issues that need to be addressed. If she wasn't willing to address those issues....I would dump her.

bassman1959's photo
Thu 04/03/08 08:21 AM
Lily,

Right now there is a bill in congress about junk mail. You have heard of the 'Do not call" list? It's kind of the same thing. The problem is.....if it passes it will drive up the cost of stamps......and then put the US Mail out of business. It will also put most printing companies out of business.
Why would you want to do that when it is so easy just to throw junk mail away?

bassman1959's photo
Thu 04/03/08 08:15 AM
I don't consider any emails or IMs to be stalking. It is so easy to take care of the problem yourself. Just delete and report as spam.

Heck, most people don't even know what it's like to be stalked. People thinking this minor stuff is stalking is like the old lady that sued McDonalds because she got burned when she spilled her coffee on her lap. Heck, under the description that most of these posts say what stalking is every company that sends junk mail(US Postal) to your mail box is a stalker.

bassman1959's photo
Sun 03/23/08 05:23 PM
Don't let the ex stand in your way. Spend as much time with your daughter as you can. However, when it comes to dating...talk to your daughter first and make sure she knows about it. Kids don't like surprises when it comes to their parents dating other people. Don't introduce any of your dates to your daughter unless you know you are serious about them.

bassman1959's photo
Sun 03/23/08 05:19 PM
Didn't you say you are working in the same bar? Don't call her. It's not a good idea to be dating someone you are working with.

bassman1959's photo
Tue 03/18/08 11:37 AM
If I could meet myself in a woman? Sure I would date her. But not if she eats as much as I do. That could be a real problem.

bassman1959's photo
Sun 03/16/08 05:20 PM
Wow, It must be what everyone does when they have been divorced at least once. I know every divorced woman I have gone out with since my own divorce has done that to me......and than they wonder why I never take them out again.

Throw away the list of pros and cons. If you love this guy, just let him know. Why make it so hard? Yes, you do have to be careful.......but you will never find a perfect man or woman. Your main concern should be how he/she treats you. Do they respect you? Is there chemistry? Do you have like interests?

Trust me....if you look for something wrong in anyone...you will find it. Stop looking for what is wrong and focus on what is right.

bassman1959's photo
Sun 03/16/08 05:06 PM
Edited by bassman1959 on Sun 03/16/08 05:09 PM

I'll try and keep this short but im not even sure where to begin.

so i've been chatting on here with a certain lady for a few weeks now and things seem to going in the direction i'd like them too. We've both verbally made it clear there is interest and attraction, love and by the coversations and topics and no i'm not even talking about sex. Thats maybe come up 3 times in our hundreds of conversations. Ofcourse there is tons of flirting going on... :wink: and we are both looking for a relationship... Not to mention shes smart.. Fantastic right!!!

So this is where it gets interesting.... We don't live in the same state, ok cool i'm in the process of selling my place to move out of this area anyway. She even invited me to stay with her. Great right? I think..

Well heres the kicker I feel like shes out of my league.. She gave me her # but I cant get myself to call her... WTF??? I've never been so awestruck by a woman and yet afraid.. any thoughts

hon, just dial the digits, no one is ever out of anyones league.flowerforyou

I agree. As long as you have been honest with her about yourself.......call her.

bassman1959's photo
Sun 03/16/08 05:04 PM

Overall, it isn't bad. However, you didn't have any answer for smoking. You should be honest about that. Other than that you are an attractive young woman that seems like a lot of fun.

Thank you I will get right on that smoking thing...

truth is I do not know what to pick...

I only smoke when I drink alcohol all night...

My excuse? Helps me not drink too much...

He he.. I know it is awful but hey! frown

My flaw!

Well, that is an easy one........Don't smoke at all. More guys will want to kiss you. laugh laugh

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/15/08 10:35 PM
Overall, it isn't bad. However, you didn't have any answer for smoking. You should be honest about that. Other than that you are an attractive young woman that seems like a lot of fun.

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/15/08 10:28 PM
All very good points. For both men and women.

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/15/08 07:10 PM
Gosh, That is really to bad. Maybe you can go out this summer and have a nice little party with just you and the couple.

bassman1959's photo
Fri 03/14/08 05:38 PM

Ask the Japanesse. In World War Two there was a Sub right off the San Francisco Bay crusing up and down the Northern CA coast. The Sub Captain Didn't send a a boat to shore....he could have...no one knew he was out there...the sub captain was concerned that there was going to be a farmer behind every tree with a shotgun.

Besides...like I said before. The army won't attack American citizens. They would turn on their own government before that happened.

laugh laugh laugh laugh
So what your GGdad sunk a jap sub with his shotgun? Are you serious? That story is hilarious.
It was a movie actually " 1941" with John Belushi Loved it.

APOLOGIES!

it's actually kind of true

http://www.historynet.com/air_sea/amphibious_operationss/3031936.html?featured=y&c=y

not exactly as you put it but close.

I never said anything about anyone killing a sub with a shotgun. Read it again.
When they interviewed the sub captain he said he was concerned about armed citizens. He also said something about a farmer behind every tree with a shotgun.

The point is....we don't have to worry about government sending out our own troops to fight aganst us. Even if they did.....I can hit a 9 inch paper plate with my deer rifle from 0 to 500 yards. Do you know how many deer hunters there are in the USA? Most of us have guns bigger than most of the soldiers would have. And we are better shots. We won't have to face tanks and all that other stuff. Talk to a foot soldier and ask him what he thinks about snipers. Look up snipers during the Vietnam war. You will be impressed at what you learn.
How do you think a citizen would go up against an army?

bassman1959's photo
Fri 03/14/08 05:11 PM

1 armed citizen against the U.S. government = worthless. 60 million armed citizens against the U.S. government = very effective at the very least
\

Dude you're a military yourself? WTF?
very effective for what? 20 minutes? Against what? Trained soldiers? Tanks? C-130 spectre? tac Nukes? Mines? Frag bombs?
Gas at 6 bucks a gallon? lol

come on. Be serious.

Ask the Japanesse. In World War Two there was a Sub right off the San Francisco Bay crusing up and down the Northern CA coast. The Sub Captain Didn't send a a boat to shore....he could have...no one knew he was out there...the sub captain was concerned that there was going to be a farmer behind every tree with a shotgun.

Besides...like I said before. The army won't attack American citizens. They would turn on their own government before that happened.

bassman1959's photo
Fri 03/14/08 05:00 PM

without arms
how are the people
to protect
their
inalienable rights

In a civilized nation you don't need to, you have laws.

Thinking that since you own a glock or whatever else "the government" will be somewhat more respectful of you is ridicolous. Besides the fact that you need much more firepower to do anything is the economy the tool to drive and steer the masses, not guns.

I agree that they are beautiful pieces of technology, and nor dangerous by themselves, but they are nothing more than another "product" you like to buy, marketed and advertised as such. Nothing more. You don't NEED them you WANT them.

I don't have a gun and I'm free all the same..keep yours but don't think you're a sort of super hero or freedom defender just because you can go BANG...

They'll get you speculating on mortgages, raising the price pf gas until you can't drive anymore or closing your son's school. Not with guns.

JMO

If this was true.......why are certain people in our government trying to take them away? Why did Hitler take them away? Face it......you are free because of all the rest of us that have guns.
If they take away the our right to own firearms it won't be long before they take other rights away as well. Heck, by the reasoning of some of the anti-gun people around here there should be a lot more deaths by gun. But the truth is......you are safer with a gun in the house than you are crossing the road.

Sure
Now tell me what are you going to do with your gun when you're unemployed, broke and sick without medical help. Shoot yourself?
They do it so you focus on that while they make deals on the real issues.
I am not anti gun, I can't care less if you own one or not, I'm just saying it's not going to save your ass against "the government"

There are over 80 million gun owners in the country. The National Rifle Assn. is tied for 3rd place with the NFIB as being the most effective lobby in Washington.

Don't tell me that the government isn't paying attention to us. And I own my own business. You might lose your job and go broke. But I won't. And the army will not go up against American citizens on our soil. The thing is....there won't be any army. The army will be on our side.
Also.....using your method.....won't work. Who will pay taxes to support the government?

bassman1959's photo
Fri 03/14/08 04:47 PM

without arms
how are the people
to protect
their
inalienable rights

In a civilized nation you don't need to, you have laws.

Thinking that since you own a glock or whatever else "the government" will be somewhat more respectful of you is ridicolous. Besides the fact that you need much more firepower to do anything is the economy the tool to drive and steer the masses, not guns.

I agree that they are beautiful pieces of technology, and nor dangerous by themselves, but they are nothing more than another "product" you like to buy, marketed and advertised as such. Nothing more. You don't NEED them you WANT them.

I don't have a gun and I'm free all the same..keep yours but don't think you're a sort of super hero or freedom defender just because you can go BANG...

They'll get you speculating on mortgages, raising the price pf gas until you can't drive anymore or closing your son's school. Not with guns.

JMO

If this was true.......why are certain people in our government trying to take them away? Why did Hitler take them away? Face it......you are free because of all the rest of us that have guns.
If they take away the our right to own firearms it won't be long before they take other rights away as well. Heck, by the reasoning of some of the anti-gun people around here there should be a lot more deaths by gun. But the truth is......you are safer with a gun in the house than you are crossing the road.

bassman1959's photo
Mon 03/10/08 08:11 PM
Have you been to Houston? Check out the newest "Places Rated" book. This will help you to compare where you are living now and Texas. Who, knows...you might find something else you like better. But whatever you do, don't come to CA. It's just as bad as NY.

Previous 1 3