Community > Posts By > bassman1959

bassman1959's photo
Sun 03/02/08 07:08 PM
Edited by bassman1959 on Sun 03/02/08 07:10 PM

My sister's husband was the guy who gassed up the cars and cleaned them every weekend. He checked her gas gauge all the time, as he hated the idea of her having to pump her own gas. I think that is very sweet. It'd be sweeter if they were still together, but the idea of it... I like.

Some really do have their ways of letting us know they care...sometimes it's a matter of us just getting out of their way, being a 'bit' dependent on them to appreciate it

I would be very bothered by a man I had to pretend to be dependent on. If you have to feign weakness in order for him to feel like a man, what's the point?

It's not a matter of feigning weakness or pretending to be dependent on...it's allowing them to do what they do. Everyone needs to feel needed. I am very independent, spent more of my life single than as a couple, but I still recognize there are things I cannot do that a man can, things I might be able to get accomplished on my own, but I'd rather have man's assistance with.

If you do not allow them to show you they care, they love you, allow them to feel needed......then what's the point?

If you want to be loved, you have to allow yourself to be loved. These days it is really hard to find a woman that really wants to be loved. I see a lot of bitterness in some of the posts.

But instead of cutting wood and gassing up the cars, what else is there? Isn't there anyone that just enjoys intelligent conversation? How about just sitting there watching a good movie on TV with a guy knowing that you are safe? Once you have been married and divorced you start to look for things you didn't think of when you were younger. I know there are a LOT of things I look for in a woman now. Maybe I am picky....or maybe it's because I really did learn something about myself. One thing I learned is no matter how much you do for someone...it won't make any difference if the don't love you.

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/01/08 09:43 PM

Are there ANY good looking men in Colorado Springs???? Single ofcourse.

Nope, we are all here in California. But if you direct me to some good hunting and fishing spots I might move to Colorado.

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/01/08 09:41 PM

I can't help but see the good in everyone even if they don't act like it.

still naive that way

I don't think it's being naive..I think at some point in our lives we all wanna believe that the world is full of wonderful kind people that wont hurt us..I learned at a VERY early age that people can and will hurt you if you let them.

This is true. However, you can't have a closed heart and expect to be happy.

Yellowrose, Hang in there. You have a good heart and it shows. One of these days if you are patient the right guy will see that and snag you for his own.

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/01/08 09:16 PM

Hey Ladyofmagic,

A LOT more than you think.

Ok..then I take that comment back..I should just say that I've never met a guy that was open and honest about anything.

Ladyofmagic,

You have been dating the wrong guys.

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/01/08 09:15 PM
Yes you are. You just don't know it.

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/01/08 09:12 PM
Hey Ladyofmagic,

A LOT more than you think.

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/01/08 09:08 PM
You don't stop caring. You just find something else to do to take up your time.

bassman1959's photo
Sat 03/01/08 09:05 PM
Yellowrose,

Don't give him an ultimatum. It will work against you. Want me to come by and kick his butt? That is what he needs. If a woman cared for me as much as you care for him I wouldn't be on this site. I don't think any woman has cared for me that much. But if he is treating you that way than he just isn't ready for a woman like you. The best thing for you to do is move on.

bassman1959's photo
Wed 02/27/08 05:56 PM
I do a lot of shooting. I have 15 guns. Rifles, Shotguns and handguns. I instruct handgun, rifle and shotgun clinics for women through the NRA. I am also a NRA members council president.

bassman1959's photo
Tue 02/26/08 08:01 AM
I don't know. That is a tough one. They say that pepole that work in the pizza business don't eat much pizza because they are around it all day. It's the same with donuts. If you are watching other people have sex all the time......what would it do to you? Would you want sex all the time? Or get sick of it and only have it when you feel obligated?

bassman1959's photo
Mon 02/25/08 01:17 PM
Interesting. I have a hard time believing that. The FBI doesn't have time to look at everyones computer unless they were watching you already.

bassman1959's photo
Mon 02/25/08 01:13 PM
I would much rather care and risk getting hurt. I know what it's like being with someone that doesn't care. I would hate to put someone through that. Because I can care I have learned what kind of people I want in my life.

bassman1959's photo
Mon 02/25/08 10:08 AM
Yep, A bigger boat and a dog are sounding better all the time. Now the only drama.......one down riggor or two? Electric or manual? Hummmmm and the dog? Shall I go with a Lab/ Golden retriever mix like my last dog? Or something else?

I think Ghostrider hit the nail on the head. Drama is only caring about what is going on in your life and not any thing else. Well, who would want to be with a person that doesn't care what is going on in their life? I thought the reason you want a mate is so you have emotional support and all that other stuff.
If you can't handle drama you just don't want to open your heart to others.

bassman1959's photo
Mon 02/25/08 09:11 AM
Hey DebbieJT,

A bucket of cold water will take care of that. Where is the drama in that?

bassman1959's photo
Mon 02/25/08 08:49 AM
Well, I can see that I did the right thing. I don't come with a lot of drama. And I don't consider wanting to be seen or see someone more often to be drama. Now, the only dram in my life is trying to decide if I really want to meet someone or just buy a bigger boat and get a dog.laugh

bassman1959's photo
Mon 02/25/08 08:28 AM
Hey Fly, That is what I told her as I walked out the door.laugh

bassman1959's photo
Mon 02/25/08 08:27 AM
Interesting, Before I joined this site I was with a woman that told me she didn't want any dram in her life. We dated for 6 months. I asked her what she meant by drama and she told me it was because I wanted to see her more often than once a week.noway

bassman1959's photo
Mon 02/25/08 08:18 AM
What does it mean? I know what the word means. But what does a woman mean when she puts it in her profile? "I don't want any drama"

bassman1959's photo
Sat 02/23/08 04:14 PM
Wow, that was fast. Thanks

bassman1959's photo
Sat 02/23/08 04:12 PM
This is my first time on this site and I wanted to say hello.

1 3 Next