Community > Posts By > Sitngrin

Sitngrin's photo
Wed 04/09/08 10:36 AM
** In dedication to all those dealing with this horrible disease. May my words give you some inspiration **

Cancer

You invaded my body, without warning, leaving me with no way to stop you
You thought that I would simply let you run your course, take over and kill me
Obviously, you underestimated with whom you were dealing, you had no clue
I will not simply lie back in a bed and allow YOU to take my life- This you shall see
I will fight you until there is no more breath left in me to fight, you shall die before I
I WILL conquer you, my time on this Earth is far from over and this I’m ready to prove
When you ask yourself whether or not I will be an easy target, let me give my answer
It is that I will NOT fall prey to a parasitic cell size disease such as you cancer
I still have children to raise, grandchildren to see, my life here has only just begun
Defeat is a word that isn’t in my vocabulary, and YOU’LL be the one who is dead when it’s all said and done

© Copyright 2008 Den Wedding. All Rights Reserved by Author.

Sitngrin's photo
Wed 04/09/08 10:13 AM
:wink: bigsmile :wink:

Nice write, now I'm sitting n grinning lmao

~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Wed 04/09/08 10:05 AM
flowerforyou You know it is my pleasure and I'm glad to bring you into the world I was envisioning while writing it for you flowerforyou

~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Wed 04/09/08 10:00 AM
Hey Mikey! I like it!!!

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

:heart:
~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:52 AM
Edited by Sitngrin on Wed 04/09/08 09:53 AM
Here you are, (((Vicki))), I hope you enjoy! (Psst, we are not dating this was a request, for you rumor people :tongue:)

Dancing Into Your Heart

The anticipation mounted as my eyes were able to focus on the sign telling me I was minutes from you
We had talked so long, shared so much, from confessions to intimacy, with each other, always true
When you came to the door, I was stunned at how you nearly took my very breath from my lungs
It was obvious you had taken the time to present yourself well; for a moment, I just stood at the door mind hung
Reality snapped me back into place after you waved your hand in front of my face and we drove away
After we found our squatting spot and got our drinks, we decided it was time to hit the floor
I’d spin you around, then I’d fling you out and bring you back to Clay Walker singing “If I could make a livin’ out of lovin’ you”
Sweat poured down our bodies as we danced and seeing you glistening under the lights was almost more than I could bare
As the music slowed down and “The Dance” was played you put your head on my shoulder, on my neck I could feel your air
We continued to have a wonderful night of dancing, talking, drinking and learning to know each other more and more
After taking you home, the night came to a beautiful conclusion as you invited me into your bedroom for the grandest tour

“The Dance” © Copyright Garth Brooks
“If I could make a livin’ out of lovin’ you © Copyright Clay Walker

Sitngrin's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:52 AM
Dancing Into Your Heart

The anticipation mounted as my eyes were able to focus on the sign telling me I was minutes from you
We had talked so long, shared so much, from confessions to intimacy, with each other, always true
When you came to the door, I was stunned at how you nearly took my very breath from my lungs
It was obvious you had taken the time to present yourself well; for a moment, I just stood at the door mind hung
Reality snapped me back into place after you waved your hand in front of my face and we drove away
After we found our squatting spot and got our drinks, we decided it was time to hit the floor
I’d spin you around, then I’d fling you out and bring you back to Clay Walker singing “If I could make a livin’ out of lovin’ you”
Sweat poured down our bodies as we danced and seeing you glistening under the lights was almost more than I could bare
As the music slowed down and “The Dance” was played you put your head on my shoulder, on my neck I could feel your air
We continued to have a wonderful night of dancing, talking, drinking and learning to know each other more and more
After taking you home, the night came to a beautiful conclusion as you invited me into your bedroom for the grandest tour

“The Dance” © Copyright Garth Brooks
“If I could make a livin’ out of lovin’ you © Copyright Clay Walker

Sitngrin's photo
Wed 04/09/08 09:50 AM
Now that my goal is accomplished (getting others involved in taking request, I'm going to reopen this thread (Thank you to the sweet mod that unlocked it for me). I only request that if you would like a request from ME then post it here.

If it's for anyone post a response to your request, please put it in the poetry by request thread and if you decide to write a spin-off, you can post it here or under your own sections. Glad everyone got involved and glad to see talented people with thier own sections :wink:

~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Wed 04/09/08 08:41 AM
Hehe, only YOU (((BIG HUGS))) flowerforyou flowerforyou

Nicely writ (I'm learning how to speak Kentuckyeese again)

~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:52 PM
SHHHHHHHHH! You'll ruin my rep! laugh :wink: flowerforyou

~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:42 PM

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh is it hot in here or is it just me? smokin

When you are in the room, it's always hotter :wink:

~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:37 PM
You're more than welcome Vicki, ty for the nice compliments! flowerforyou

Sitngrin's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:28 PM
Ty as always flowerforyou

~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:24 PM
Edited by Sitngrin on Tue 04/08/08 07:36 PM
A poem about sex and soda pop (Thanks to Vicki for the inspiration)flowerforyou

Sex and Soda Pop
I pull the ice cold soda from the ice
I let two drops scrape across your breast as they run down to your thighs
I pull you nearer me and place the can below at the base of your spine
The chill of the ice cold near freezing soda brings your back to an arch
I roll the ice cold can over your entire body, caressing you and bringing you chills
I place the soda to the side, engulf you in my arms and repeatedly bring you thrills

Sitngrin's photo
Tue 04/08/08 07:24 PM
Edited by Sitngrin on Tue 04/08/08 07:30 PM
A poem about sex and soda pop (Thanks to Vicki for the inspiration)

Sex and Soda Pop

I pull the ice code soda out from the ice
I let two drops splash across each of your subtle breast
I pull you nearer me and place the can below at the base of your spine
The chill of the ice cold near freezing soda brings your back to an arch
I roll the ice cold can over your entire body, caressing you and bringing you chills
I place the soda to the side, engulf you in my arms and repeatedly bring you thrills

Sitngrin's photo
Mon 04/07/08 02:40 PM
Thank you guys. I'm a little behind due to a hectic weekend, but I'll get caught up soon enough happy

~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Sat 04/05/08 08:43 PM
Edited by Sitngrin on Sat 04/05/08 08:55 PM

kaleidoscope flowerforyou

flowerforyou

Kaleidoscope

The brilliant colors overwhelm me as I turn from left to right
New colors being produced by a simple bending of the light
A multihued display of fantastic arrays right before my very eyes
It does leave me pondering what colors from me are disguised
My eyes are limited in their ability to see all that is truly there
Curiosity fills my mind, wondering what is there that I cannot see
What a beautiful blend must be hidden in this colorful potpourri

Sitngrin's photo
Sat 04/05/08 08:43 PM
Kaleidoscope

The brilliant colors overwhelm me as I turn from left to right
New colors being produced by a simple bending of the light
A multihued display of fantastic arrays right before my very eyes
It does leave me pondering what colors from me are disguised
My eyes are limited in their ability to see all that is truly there
Curiosity fills my mind, wondering is there which I cannot see
What a beautiful blend must be hidden in this colorful potpourri

Sitngrin's photo
Sat 04/05/08 04:57 PM
Oh Lord. Ok gimme a few, gonna be a few on these 2 with the other one I have on the list. LOL, I'll post on the main thread

Sitngrin's photo
Sat 04/05/08 03:28 PM
kk, gotta run into town though so mine my be a bit delayed, but I'll get around to it :wink:

flowerforyou
~Den

Sitngrin's photo
Sat 04/05/08 03:24 PM
The Hustler

Beer glasses were quickly emptied as the sound of pool balls knocking around was heard
He watched carefully and slowly as his eyes went from one table to the next
There was always one to be had, one sucker among the bunch, he’s always find that nerd
He found his target and watched him drink down a pitcher or two, until he looked perplexed
Then he put his quarters up at the table, giving his target a quick nod as he took his game
He racked the balls in a loose manner, much like an average amateur would do
The young man in glasses looked over at the worn out old man and chalked up his cue
After winning the first match, the young man told the old man what he thought would be funny
The old man complied, letting him know that he was up for the task at hand and laid down a twenty
After losing the game to the young man six times, the old man had lost quite a sum of money
Arrogantly, the young man in the glasses ask if he was willing to double up on what he’d lost
Agreeing the old man tightened the rack this time and patiently waited as the balls were tossed
With no balls dropping, the old man stood from his perch, dropped every single ball, the display was great
He hunted down that final ball, mostly black with a piece of white and etched with the number eight
He dropped the ball with ease, gave a wink to the young man and offered him a piece of free advice
He told him next time he underestimates his opponent, he might want to think about this event twice

1 2 3 4 5 6 8 10 11 12 24 25