Community > Posts By > bzmom01

no photo
Wed 10/01/08 07:38 PM

Well, sure. I need to get the homework out and the lunchbag... He says no homework but there it is. But I'm not trying to catch him being bad.
So I'm not the only one who checks for homework. My son is in the second grade and I'm already in the habit cause I remember how I was lol

no photo
Wed 10/01/08 12:51 PM
flowers Thanks pink-lady you're probably one of the closest ppl outside of their families. You're right all we as parents can give these kids are the best quality of life and best opps. possible for their needs. Believe it or not you are apart of that because of the interaction you have on a daily basis.flowers

no photo
Wed 10/01/08 11:34 AM

Those parent's that have Special Needs kids might want to check out what some retailer's and philathropic groups are offering to do during the holiday's. It will have various catchy names but it is usually something like Santa's Supper or Secret Santa's but what it is works out to be special shopping time where your child has a special person to assist them. Usually there is a party and often times deep discounts and store employees sometime actually gift the children. Some even include siblings. Don't wait to find one in your area because they tend to fill up fast and happen early in the season.
Thanks How do you\I find out about the different offers?

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 06:30 PM
Man that's alot to deal with. I understand heartache, but as parents all we can do is hold our heads up for them and be pick me ups when they need it. Tell the parents to never give up and to not let the niece give up either.flowerforyou bigsmile smooched

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 04:03 PM

My son has Autistic Spectrum Disorder, ADD and language delay

He is a great kid- makes me laugh everyday and i would not change anything about him. He made me who i am right now

I don't have any mention of him in my profile. He is a priviledge they get to know about if they stick around long enough
Oh no the first thing anyone finds out about are my kids and their special needs. I feel if you can't accept my kids don't waste my time or your own.

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 03:49 PM

Hi Ya All. Checking in hoping that everyone is doing well. There is a great magazine out there called "Exceptional Parent". It is a comprehensive magazine that addresses most issues for parents. A great gift to yourself.
Thanks I'll have to check it out

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 03:47 PM
Ota I won't

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 03:44 PM

oh probably; i guess i'd think that they'd been seeing the other person all along and were just waiting for the opportunity to get out of our relationship
Not really in my case. Like I said I was VERY unhappy in my marraige and I left him before I ever got with my now ex boyfriend. Long story short I filed the divorce before I ever left. Ex bf I found out he was still married.

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 03:35 PM
LOL LMAO bq you better share toodrinks

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 03:32 PM
No cause the minute I walked out the of the relationship was the last time I looked back. I was the one who left and I'm the one who had someone else 2 days later. YES I was VERY unhappy in my marraige.

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 02:54 PM

Well this has always been a factor with single parents.If people would get rid of (mine,yours)&Let it be (ours)That would solve alot.
I think (step kids) Is just wrong.Try (kids)After all,Isn't that what they all are?Why do people have to put lables on children?
And last but not least.Be willing to give what your asking for!!!
Never give up on finding the one for you & your children!They are out there somewhere.
I found mine,Kinda scary.Togather we have seven.Two 16yr olds.The rest are from 18 to 26.
WooHoo.drinks
I couldn't agree more. Don't label kids they have to deal with enough. Having a new person in their lives too. I know if it wasn't for my "step" dad raising my sister and I as his own I wouldn't be as close to him as I am. He NEVER said deal with YOUR girls in a way of disclaiming us as his own.

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 01:51 PM

I am also a single father with my son full time. The hardest thing I found about trying to date is the women I find don't want to deal with baby mama drama. It drives me nuts! I actual have women give me comments that they would date me if I did not have full custody.. WTF Am I missing the point, I am a great dad and can't wait till I have more rugrats.. Oh well, keep waiting for that special someone right! :)
Hold your head up high. Don't let anyone( especially a women) dog you about having full custody of your son/child. Until they know the circumstanse of why you have custody they shouldn't judge. They shouldn't judge anyway but even more so in the case of child custody.

no photo
Mon 09/29/08 01:09 PM

All you can do is be the best parent you can be and if Ex's mess up that is on them.

My guess is your kids do think about what you say to them and maybe are a little more careful so your rules may extend farther than you think.

If is really a serious security risk you can always go back to court for a modification.

Before I made that expensive and sometimes fruitless step I would check that they aren't saying "well Mom let's me do it" and kind of streaching the truth. That is normal kid behavior.

If you have seen it; document it. Technology is your friend. As a parent you have the right to keep tabs on your kid. Friends can be helpful in this. Even teachers if the child is all over and is tired in class they notice.

It is tough being a parent. Do your best and keep in mind the old verse about the sparrow protecting himself. Children are uncannily able to cope also. You survived your youth and so will they.......Peace and comfort.

I agree all you can do is your best. At first I wanted to disagree but I read on. What you may do is pick the kids up without the ex knowning they're safe and make her think something happened to them. In other words kidnap them without really kidnapping them.

Please, please, PLEASE tell me this idea is just venting and postering and you are not serious.

No offense but taking your child and letting your Ex think they have been kidnapped is about the WORST possible idea I have heard in a LONG time.
I get the theory but the realities are WAY different.

First it quite possibly a CRIME; Especially if police or state FBI are alerted to find your child. A paniced parent is going to call 911. Especially if she goes to pick them up from a school or mall that is going to want to lock down and react immediately.

You can bet that once they figure out what you have done you will be barred permanently. If the facility incurs expenses looking for your children they could sue you for it.

Depending where you picked your child up from you could be video taped and when the police comes after you for kidnapping and your kid gets to go through the trauma of seeing you arrested and handcuffed.

If their Mother falls apart emotionally and is hospitalized your kids could end up in foster care while you are in jail.

I don't how grandparent's would react to the news their Grandkids were
"kidnapped" but you can bet it would stress them out big time and they are going to hate you a good long time for it.

Second it could be custodial interference and judges don't play when that happens. You could have your custody severly limited and or set aside. You will most assuredly be court ordered into anger management classes, supervised visitation, and parenting classes at YOUR EXPEN$E. If your Ex has any kind of stress related complications related to this little "lesson" you could be paying for her medical bills and counseling too. If it affects her ability to work you could be civilly sued and actually end up supporting her.

I don't know how your state interprets it's stalking laws but I could see how your Ex could at least attempt to make a case you are harrassing her.

How you would justify useing your children's conpliance to your instructions against them to hurt their mother sounds abusive to them. It is not their job to teach a parent how to parent; you or her. It is a loose loose situation for them. They are probably not going to get the "percieved threat" you do but they will resent you when they are in trouble for not being where they were suppose to be for the very least.

It is ALWAYS a BAD idea when one parent attempts to Teach the other parent how to "Parent" but in the case of Ex's you are asking to start a war with your kids being the first casualties.

Yes it was. I was venting sorry

no photo
Fri 09/26/08 08:08 PM
quiet I was also told grape juice works but kinda hard to use that remedy when you're allergic to grapes.....As far as going to bed I'm headed there too

no photo
Fri 09/26/08 08:05 PM
Papersmile I couldn't agree more....ryanone we are really nice ppl most of the time. NOTE I said most of the time.

no photo
Fri 09/26/08 07:57 PM
OK I'm gone see-ya I'm TIRED of being eaten alive unless it's sexual. Not that ya'll wanted to know that but anywho.

no photo
Fri 09/26/08 07:49 PM
Don't you mean huge bq and I agree about ryanone. Let me know if you find a place without the misquitoes.

no photo
Fri 09/26/08 07:27 PM

What's the BFD? Chill out.drinker

Amen.
I second that thought

no photo
Fri 09/26/08 07:23 PM

You're not being mean at all. Nowadays, things are just too unsafe. My nine year old wants to know when he can ride his bike to school. My answer: NEVER!
Gee I'm glad you're not my mom. Least my mom let me ride to school. Oh wait the school was only a block away.
You really wouldn't have wanted me. look back at some of my post

no photo
Fri 09/26/08 06:52 PM
Yea that's about the juice of it.