Community > Posts By > Foliel

Foliel's photo
Sat 08/08/09 10:01 PM
No it doesn't mean that they can talk back or get what they want, I didn't talk back and almost never got my way. My mom had other ways of punishing me without spanking. Spankings were saved for the more severe crimes, such as when I slapped her.

Foliel's photo
Sat 08/08/09 06:10 PM
Edited by Foliel on Sat 08/08/09 06:19 PM
what do you do when little johnny decides to keep jumping on the dog?

i used to decide when i should go to bed....i stayed up alot and usually didnt care that i was tired.

Time outs never worked on me, my mother would have to spend most of her time sitting in time out with me to make sure i stayed.

My mother was never demanding, usually she would ask me once to do something such as turn the tv off..if I didnt listen the tv was put in her room and the door was locked.

I didnt get spanked much as a child, my usual punishment were groundation or having something taken away from me.

Too much tv = no tv

mouthing off = no video games

the worst punishment ever.... having to watch soap operas in the afternoon.

I was only spanked 4 times in the 13 years my mom had me. The reason I went to a foster home was nothing to do with my mom. I still do not believe spanking should be the only punishment but I also don't agree with people that threaten it but dont follow through.

Children should never fear their parents, if they fear them then the parents have crossed the line of abuse.

Foliel's photo
Sat 08/08/09 09:41 AM
how about when said child is beating the parent?

my sister used to hit my mother all the time, then I stepped in and gave her a warning..

I told her if i catch her hitting my mother again i would call the police and have her arrested for assault and battery on a handicapped person. The only problem is my mother won't press charges.

Foliel's photo
Fri 08/07/09 10:59 AM
at least most places get an option on healthcare, in Massachusetts its an option only in that you either have healthcare of pay a fine every year for not having it.

I think some kind of option for healthcare, especially for the people that work part time or are out of work at the time is a good thing.

Foliel's photo
Wed 08/05/09 09:23 AM
I applaud all parents that have found ways to punish their child without spanking, but that doesn't work for all children.

I know time-outs didn't work with me or my sisters, but my mom also didn't get spanked very often. For the most part I was good, I had my moments but generally I was ok.

With my youngest sister I got tired of hearing the "she hasn't had her medication" or "her sister put her up to it". For most of her chilhood she never had to take responsibility for her actions. It was always someone elses fault or her meds. I love my sister but there are days when she makes me nuts.

Please don't take it the wrong way, I'm not saying that spanking is the only acceptable punishment, but it's also not the worst punishment.

As for the rape scenario, if my kid did that, spanking would not suffice. The law would be called and he/she would get the proper punishment.

Foliel's photo
Mon 08/03/09 10:10 AM
I dn't pray but I will keep jeff and his family in my thoughts and hope everything goes well for them.

Foliel's photo
Mon 08/03/09 10:07 AM
I never eally picked u spitting except for when necessary.

Foliel's photo
Mon 08/03/09 10:05 AM
I feel bad for them but at the same I think they should have gotten the safety net sooner...

I do not pray but will keep them in my thoughs and hope that this nightmare will be over for them.

Foliel's photo
Tue 07/28/09 10:25 AM
flat out..I like to debate things lol

Foliel's photo
Sat 07/25/09 09:39 PM

foliel, consequences are much more effective when they directly apply to the situation at hand. they need to be more realistic, more like you would find in the real world.

if i don't fill my mom's car with gas, what happens? do i...become grounded? get real, lol. no...but i'm not likely to be able to borrow her car again. if i break a window, do i...become grounded? not be able to go to the movies? nah, doesn't happen, unless the money to fix the window took away from the movie money.

"we'll all be able to go to the park after we get our chores done" is more effective than "you can't go, because you didn't do your chores."

i've read quite a bit about your sister...and i'm wondering if there's a conduct disorder or something there. if so, it wouldn't have necessarily mattered what your mother did...and yes, every person is different.

she has adhd at least thats what they say, but that doesnt account for alot of her action or the way she treats my mom.

I do agree that spanking should not be the answer to all bad things, but it can be effective when all else fails. I was spanked and turned out just fine.

Foliel's photo
Sat 07/25/09 05:46 PM
I agree with lulu but I also stress that not all children are the same and not all punishments work the same.

My mom tried her best with my youngest sister. She never spanked her, tried the negative reinforcement, groundation and such. It never worked. She treated all of us with respect and my youngest sister treats her like dirt.

I was spanked and I do not go around hitting people, I don't believe in physical violence. My youngest sister on the other hand, hits people all the time. I love my sister, but I don't like her.

My mom had very clear rules, and when my youngest sister broke them, she got punished..only to break them again and again. She didn't care about the consequences. She is now 20 soon to be 21...and is no better off than when she was a child.

Spanking don't work for some but for others it does.

Foliel's photo
Sat 07/25/09 03:37 PM
I was spanked when i was younger, but only 4 times in my entire life.

My youngest sister was never spanked....her punishments were:

Groundation -- she'd walk out anyways

priviledges revokes -- shed hit my mother, start yelling and screaming and then do it anyways.

She hit my other sister once...my sister smacked her back and she never hit her again.

My youngest sister has no respect for anyone, she is not allowed in most people homes due to her lying, swearing and disrespect.

I grew up respecting my mom, I was never fearful of her and I was very respectful.

My mom also never believed in belts or paddles and she never, ever hit bare skin.

Foliel's photo
Thu 07/23/09 12:31 PM
we are here...just because we are. No actual reason for it, we just are.

Foliel's photo
Thu 07/16/09 04:49 AM
I say stick her in an oven and let her roast...maybe not let her die...but let her see how that kitten felt....sick B***h

Foliel's photo
Tue 07/14/09 11:42 PM
Sexual abuse is a touchy subject for me. The man that raped me was given 6 months in prison.......he moved out of state as fast as he could...

BUT I have also seen cases where you find out the child lied because they got mad about something, OR the child was told that he/she was touched in a bad way.

I agree people need to be punished for this stuff, but if an innocent person (women have gotten arrested too) gets killed we can't take that back. Can't just say "I'm sorry."

IF they are in fact guilty.....HANG EM....

Foliel's photo
Mon 07/13/09 12:17 PM
in the end they are all at fault. The girl for not paying attention, and the men for leaving the manhole cover open. There was negligence all around. In my town, highway workers must have the cones or warning items at hand when they remove manhole covers. If the items are not ready, one man must stay at the open area while the other fetches the items.

Foliel's photo
Mon 07/13/09 11:16 AM
it's great to see this lol some people still know how to have fun.

Foliel's photo
Mon 07/13/09 11:14 AM
what was her friend doing? she was walking with a friend....

Foliel's photo
Mon 07/13/09 11:05 AM
Ya know, I don't really know how to respond to this. I've typed something 3 times then deleted it lol.

I love my country but have never once spoken the pledge of allegiance. I do not feel that it has to be said aloud, I keep it in my heart at all times. One persons sign of respect may not be the same as anothers.

Foliel's photo
Mon 07/13/09 12:48 AM
I am no god, i am only me. That has always been enough for me.