well good Morning to all !!!!!!!!

blushing drinker flowerforyou

Morning (((((Tommie))))flowerforyou

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 09:49 AM
Happy Birthday all, hope its a good one!!drinker flowerforyou

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 09:11 AM

jeep - i think the technology is moving very rapidly.
i haven't used one in forever...actually. but if you
ask around you might be able to get some demonstrations
so you can see for yourself.

i'd think that there should be some pretty decent
inexpensive ones out there these days which would
do nicely for the purpose of having a conversation...

Thanks I appreciate it! flowerforyou

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 09:11 AM

grumble I wish people would quit bothering me about itgrumble

huh I'm confussed....help me...
smokin not yousmokin

I know, hard to believe huh! But it's true!
huh I know your confusing the hell outta mehuh

laugh laugh laugh It's how I roll!!! ok, got to go!!

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 09:09 AM
ok guys, nice chatting with all of ya, thanks for the advice and tips, but I have to go and get some work done. Have a great day if I don't talk to ya later.drinker flowerforyou

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 09:08 AM

smokin not yousmokin

I know, hard to believe huh! But it's true!

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 09:05 AM

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 09:04 AM

so now armed with information, can you tell me what is a decent one, I would imagine there are many brands and types to choose from?

Lots of different kinds out there, go for higher mega pixel ones, the cheaper ones are so bad, all you see is grainy pictures.

thanks for the tip! flowerforyou

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 09:04 AM

But the camera adds ten pounds.:angry:

that is a horrifiying thought!! explode

you have to know when to zoom out and zoom in!!!!!!

laugh laugh laugh

lol, I was also thinking of stratic positioning!

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 09:00 AM

But the camera adds ten pounds.:angry:

that is a horrifiying thought!! explode

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:59 AM

I say a webcam is a must have item. There is nothing better than to see the laugh, the smile, the look of confusion, horror, whatever it might be, during a chat or even phone conversation.

It is the next best thing to being in person, and it truly gives you a sense of them, as much as a computer image can. You are more relaxed, and in an LDR it can help you feel like you're closer than you are. I know in my current situation, I always put lipstick on and checked my hair before I turned it on... and sometimes put perfume on, just as I would if we were meeting IRL. Might sound stupid, but for me it's how it was.
I was head over heels infatuated, like a schoolgirl. blushing

I've also used my cam for family to see my son, and he to see them. When you live far away from family it's truly interactive for kids, even if only for a few minutes.

All in all, it's just a way to further a connection. A good way. And it assures us the person we are talking to is at least the same gender and age they say they are...

I would totally do the same, do a little primping. If you feel like you look good, you are going to project that in every other sense.
yes, I can see how this would be nice for family and grandkids as well. My mom and husband winter in Arizona, so they would love to see and talk to my boys.

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:55 AM
so now armed with information, can you tell me what is a decent one, I would imagine there are many brands and types to choose from?

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:53 AM

i think that with all the weirdos and posers out there it is an excellent idea to cam a few times before getting together. i think that is what jeep is driving at...

drinker

exactly! flowerforyou

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:53 AM

being relatively new to this whole internet dating thing, this is some serious food for thought. There is a whole different level of self protection that needs to be addressed.
what do you mean by that?

I tend to trust that your pic is real and that what you say in posts are who you really are. Somewhat naive I suppose you could say. I never even gave webcams a second thought until I read this thread.
I hate to say you should never trust someone... but never trust someone on their word. Most people aren't liars but there are alot that are.

agreed, and I also think that we have a natural radar, and I just need to listen closer to mine.

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:51 AM

being relatively new to this whole internet dating thing, this is some serious food for thought. There is a whole different level of self protection that needs to be addressed.

sweet jeep I did not have one until this week and I have had a blast with my friends just chatting and laughing and getting to see them.. I am thinking it is a matter of survival if I am thinking of a date beyond web coffee...

I think this might be a wise investment for me as well. That is what I am talking about levels, now we are not only virtual chatting, we are having web coffee?

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:49 AM

what do you mean by that?

I tend to trust that your pic is real and that what you say in posts are who you really are. Somewhat naive I suppose you could say. I never even gave webcams a second thought until I read this thread.

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:46 AM
laugh laugh

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:44 AM

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:40 AM

I've been "self-protecting" on and off for the past 9 years. It is hard to trust again.

I can understand the need to surrender to it, to experience fully.

Unfortunately, I also remember only too well the pain of betrayal and abandonment, loss.

I teeter back and forth these days. Do I dive in completely? Or do my toes just skim the water and wait.

Opportunities for beauty can be lost in the waiting, I agree.

I completely agree with this and yet I have a 10 ft high, 4ft wide wall of bricks around me...I poke my head and and then run for cover. Its a scary place out there in love land!brokenheart

sweetjeep's photo
Tue 02/19/08 08:36 AM
Maybe they have become a necessary evil? just wondering?huh