no photo
Mon 07/09/12 07:39 PM

Thank you Washington! slaphead

The Collapsing US Economy and the end of the world

http://www.paulcraigroberts.org/2012/07/08/the-collapsing-us-economy-end-world/

Soujourning, this is a video you might be interested in if you don't think it reveals our future if we stay on this path. Athens Greece is a war zone.

Bailouts and over spending, Greece is in such debt its citizens with education are moving to Germany to find work. If it continues they predict Greece with be "brain dead" left with the uneducated that could not find work at all.
Inside A Greek Tragedy

A country in economic turmoil with plot twists the best playwrights couldn't even imagine. International correspondent Michelle Caruso-Cabrera takes you inside 'A Greek Tragedy.'

Too Little, Too Late

Anarchist's anger stemming from mismanaged budgets and careless government spending have turned the streets of Athens into a war zone rather than a popular tourist destination. The Greek Finance Minister in office at the beginning of the crisis, Gorgios Papakonstantinou, believes the Greek government reacted 10 years too late.

A Path of Destruction

Art Conservator, Catalina works with her colleagues to clean paint off The Bank of Greece, a historic building that has been destroyed by protesters.

Adjusting to the Crisis

With record high unemployment rates, Greeks are having to adjust to new ways of living.
http://www.cnbc.com/id/47802825/

no photo
Mon 07/09/12 07:23 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Mon 07/09/12 07:25 PM

I really think it unfair to compare a man to a canine.

Two totally different like comparing an apple to an orange, both fruits but depends on if you like them sweet or sour!...

Besides, my dogs do EVERYTHING I want and like variety and jobs to do to please me. So,,,,, whoever said that overestimated men....LOL

I like it ruff, ruff, ruff.
I am a changling. I've been seen as a snake, dog, rat, pond scum and many otra cosas.

That was too funny willing2..... I have been called a female dog myself, and I am proud of it too, I work hard to earn that title....LOL

no photo
Mon 07/09/12 06:29 PM
Florida won't either. People WHEN will you get it through your thick heads, NOTHING is free!!!! noway explode

It all comes at a cost. Many of the doctor owned hospitals have closed as medicaid does not pay SHEET!!! You will wait in long lines to be seen and then you will wait sometimes a year for any surgery, even cancer, if it does not kill you first. The government is gong to decide who lives and who dies, by budget cuts. They only allot so much money for certain procedures so if you need a bypass surgery done, good luck on that one. I had patients come down to Florida from Canada for Heart bypass because the man's wife wasn't on the list that year for it. So they drove here, claimed chest pain and BAM. Our original health care did do it as then Canada paid the bill to US 100%..Imagine that.rant

I just received this from a friend of mine that is an administrator in Georgia for a skilled nursing facility. Here is comes folks! Take care all and pray.

I wonder why this hasn't hit the Nat'l news, Yahoo, or other news source yet. & this is FACTUAL. The State of Alabama is BROKE ( $$$$ ), & it will have far reaching effects. I work in the healthcare industry & this was just relayed to us in a net-meeting today. The State of Alabama has NO money to pay for its Medicaid program. This means that, in my industry, nursing homes, as is true for hospitals, clinics, doctors offices, lab services, etc. Alabama can only afford to send out payments for 50% of the bill. That means ONLY 1 out of 2 patients will be covered for payment & they cant project if that will go DOWN.

How does this affect the Nat'l economy?? Well our corporate offices in Macon, GA told all of their GA homes to QUIT PAYING BILLS ( except for Food & Utilities ). All other services, vendors, bills, etc WILL NOT BE PAID..... in an effort to shuffle some of our funds to our homes in Alabama. You know this will also be the case w/ other Georgia companies having financial interests / pursuits in Alabama. So who knows how many thousands of other businesses & employees will be affected by the healthcare industry not paying their bills.

**** runs downhill. & what this also means for most LTC facilities here in GA ...... QUIT admitting MEDICAID residents. There will be NO GUARANTEE that you will receive funding for their care. So................ now, momma & daddy, mammaw & pappaw may have to move in w/ / stay w/ their children for care ??? So, you think this DOESNT affect you ???

Just thought you'd like to know how the economy is REALLY doing.

Another response about Jess Parish Hospital here in Titusville has instituted staff layoffs.

Its strange that you sent this.. Wednesday night at the fire works, a friend mentioned to me who is employed at " Parrish Hospital " in Titusville, that several people are being either laid off or " out sourced " as to their position.. Supposedly this was done after a Staff Meeting at the Hospital in regards to the outcome of the Supreme Court Ruling on the Obama Care Program.. Apparently what this person is saying below is taking affect everywhere.. The Domino Effect is apparently in play.......... Very Sad.............

May God Bless America!
and have mercy on our souls.

no photo
Mon 07/09/12 06:15 PM
I really think it unfair to compare a man to a canine.

Two totally different like comparing an apple to an orange, both fruits but depends on if you like them sweet or sour!...

Besides, my dogs do EVERYTHING I want and like variety and jobs to do to please me. So,,,,, whoever said that overestimated men....LOL

no photo
Mon 07/09/12 12:29 PM
I know where I am moving to now.... Whippee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Check this out what our government has been doing to us to stifle our opinions and facts....

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57468316-94/cell-carriers-see-dramatic-increase-in-surveillance-requests/?tag=nl.e703

The explosion in official requests for information mirrors an increase in government activity on the Internet. In June, Google reported an "alarming" incidence in government requests to censor Internet content in the past six months. The Web giant said in its biannual Global Transparency Report that had it received more than 1,000 requests from governments around the world to remove items such as YouTube videos and search listings.

Nine carriers supplied reports in response to the inquiry, including AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile, and Verizon. The number of requests addressed by the study -- the first time law enforcement's cell surveillance has been studied at a national level -- surprised some officials who follow the issue closely.

"I never expected it to be this massive," Rep. Edward J. Markey, a Massachusetts Democrat who is co-chairman of the Bipartisan Congressional Privacy Caucus, told the Times. "There's a real danger we've already crossed the line."

Law enforcement requests for information have risen 12 percent to 16 percent for each of the past five years, the Times noted. AT&T said it now responds to more than 700 request a day, about a third of which do not require court orders or subpoenas, while Sprint said it logged the most requests for information than any carrier last year, reporting a daily average of 1,500 data requests.

no photo
Sun 07/08/12 06:30 PM
I just put my dog down 3 weeks ago from bone cancer. Can't help but believe it is the food and vaccines.

no photo
Fri 07/06/12 06:49 PM

no photo
Fri 07/06/12 06:26 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Fri 07/06/12 06:37 PM
I am so sorry for you loss Northern, I just lost my Aussie Ingrid on the 15 of June. She broke her humerus and they found osteosarcoma on the xray. Never did we think that morning was to be her last. "2 Paws Up" to both of them, your beloved doggie Charlie too......

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 10:46 PM
Agree, Ms Harmony, you have a rough road ahead for your generation, I wish you well.

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 10:16 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Thu 06/14/12 10:20 PM

Here, let me single it out for you, if you got 31% wrong on a test and 49% right, did you get more right than wrong, or did you get the "Most" wrong of all?

31% for uncivil and the numbers you have quoted are 49% say FOX is "civil".

And really now, they polled 1000 people??? LOL THAT'S official then!

You read a headline from the Huffington Post without verifying the data in the story. Just what SS keeps saying,
I love that pic on the liberal arguement in the other political post, too funny.

If you have an issue with the numbers, take it up with the company that did the poll.

I don't take most polls seriously, but this one made me laugh. And it got you all wound up. Sorry, the post was just for a little entertainment. laugh

No, now what I pointed out was that you copied a statement from the "Puffington Post" that was incorrect in its headline claims. The number actually show the reverse of what you posted. You took the poll seriously enough to make a post as if it was factual with out realizing the results of that poll actually FAVOR FOX. No where in your original post were you pointing out or making fun of the "Puffinton Post" for making an incorrect statement. Your original post appeared to be directed at FOX network. That is typical of the newsmedia, misleading the public. Now they look foolish.

If you actually read the OP, 35% consider Fox uncivil, as compared to 31% for both MSNBC and CNN. 35 is a larger number than 31. CNN and Fox tied with 53% saying they were civil. So yes, if you go by the percentages for uncivil, Fox wins.

Further along in the OP, it does say that 62% say that the media in general is uncivil.

So again, if you have issues with the numbers, take it up with the polling company. Either way, it's not something to get your panties in a twist over. I had a good laugh when I read it and have been laughing throughout the thread, as people are getting upset over it.

YOUR numbers are off again sweetness, A whopping majority of people (82%) also believe that the media is more interested in controversy than facts, and 55% of respondents said that they were tuning out of "news coverage and reporting" due to incivility.

Seems like you are getting your panties in a wad over this controversy, I could care less about the article, just like sticking to the facts....LOL

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 10:09 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Thu 06/14/12 10:12 PM

I am in favor of no hand outs what so ever and trading work for food. For instance, I can build you cabinets for your kitchen and you can pay me a fair wage, This is called "Earning your keep". IF you do not work, you do not eat. Simple....

I got this idea from my Grandpa, who came here to the US from Poland. He learned the English language and built things for people back in 1923. There was no "welfare" handouts. So he had to work to survive.

Government is too big and makes us think we need them, we don't. I bet if I was your neighbor and needed to make money, I could do yard work and ironing , house cleaning for you to supplement my income. Neat concept isn't it????? Work for pay??????explode

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 09:53 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Thu 06/14/12 09:54 PM

Paying taxes is contributing.

working is also contributing,,,,without workers, there are no profits, without profit there is no business, without business there is no ECONOMY

EXACTLY,therefore, if there is a high rate of unemployment, there cannot be anyone paying taxes to support the "government programs"..

aka, the "taxpayers programs".

taxes dont start back at zero every year,,,,noone can personally track where their tax funds from 2006 are going in 2009,,,the argument is a lazy thinkers smokescreen,,,

what we do now is there is a federal government that is accumulated from TAXPAYERS, and that not every penny any taxpayer pays to that budget PERSONALLY benefits them in that SAME year they pay it

but , out of the LIFETIME of taxes people will pay working in AMerica,, they will be contributing to the budget which alots for a SAFETY NET for some of those same people to fall back upon when they are NOT working,,,,

OMG!! Do you really believe this that you are posting?????????, No, REALLY??????

What do you make, maybe 250 a week??? out of that how much is going to pay the "government " funds you are so fond of??? Keep feeding the kitty little girl, you will be out of a job and homeless too and wondering where your hand out is....OMGfrustrated

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 09:47 PM

If you are seperated for what ever reason, then legally you are still married. I truly believe that you should clean up your past relationship before you get into another one. Who wants drama in their life, I know I sure don't. I know in the states it only takes 90 days to get a divorce unless someone won't sign the papers and then IF you have a lawyer...they really don't have much of a choice. IF someone says it takes longer then 6 months, they are having second thoughts.
So my answer is NO I would never date someone who is seperated, they would have to be completely divorced for me to date them.

Kudos to you unsure and the previous post as well, Clean the slate!!

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 09:46 PM
Edited by Sunshine_in_Florida on Thu 06/14/12 10:23 PM
To think I am going to live alone for the rest of my life on any given day where you can grab your coffee and walk 8 houses up to see the sunrise over the Atlantic Ocean for free?????

Walk to the Marina and Jackie Robinson Ball park, the pier overlooking the ocean with free band concerts every Saturday and fireworks to follow. Does anyone like the beach anymore? LOL

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 09:36 PM

Paying taxes is contributing.

working is also contributing,,,,without workers, there are no profits, without profit there is no business, without business there is no ECONOMY

EXACTLY,therefore, if there is a high rate of unemployment, there cannot be anyone paying taxes to support the "government programs"..

aka, the "taxpayers programs".

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 09:33 PM
You all are free to move about the cabin, if you choose to stay seated, then you will be subjected to the subjects discussed in your cabin....Ha ha ha..............

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 09:10 PM

...which is why he's on (P)MSNBC... laugh laugh no one takes Rev Al seriously. They all know he's a windbag. He isn't worth the time it takes to get mad at him. Easier to laugh at him. He's a clown.

I worry that he has the power to cause a race riot. Look what happened to Reginald Denny during the Los Angelos riots???

It was the Simi Valley jurors who caused the LA riots. An all-white jury aquitting the cops who beat King. If anyone has the power to begin a race riot its the New Black Panther party. Race riot is just a way for races to steal and act stupid. They won't riot for civil rights. They could care less about Sharpton and his ilk. They see free stuff. That's all they see in a riot. They don't see the actual cause the way they did in Watts.

The more I see of your posts the more I like. Yes you are correct. Oprah Winfrey even made a statement regarding the Looting in Louisiana too, the black community is the only race that destroys it's own neighborhoods, all in the name of a new big screen TV. LOL

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 08:08 PM

...which is why he's on (P)MSNBC... laugh laugh no one takes Rev Al seriously. They all know he's a windbag. He isn't worth the time it takes to get mad at him. Easier to laugh at him. He's a clown.

I worry that he has the power to cause a race riot. Look what happened to Reginald Denny during the Los Angelos riots???

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 08:03 PM

I know many people feel that married and separated are the same thing and in some cases that may be true. I was separated for over a year and the divorced papers were filed and agreed by both my ex and myself. We had been in a name only marriage for several years and neither of us dated during that time. So when I went on my first date I was separated and 3 months later divorced. I had taken time to get my life in order and I knew there was no going back. However according to your terms I was married and cheating. I never broke my vows and since the divorce was just a matter of a legality I have a different opinion.

I think every situation is unique.

Well said :thumbsup:

I am not referring to you and I know that there are those that peruse these sites for companionship and don't have any intention of getting divorced. They are merely looking for an affair.

no photo
Thu 06/14/12 07:55 PM
Here is a perfect example of Rev Sharpton's intelligence. He thrives on media attention, because he is too stupid to get a real job.
http://townhall.com/columnists/larryelder/2012/03/15/creators_oped/page/full/
Tawana Brawley rape allegations
The accusations soon earned her notoriety, which was inflamed by Brawley's ... a grand jury concluded in October 1988 that Brawley had not been the victim of a ... Sharpton, Maddox, and Mason generated a national media sensation. ... Dutchess County Assistant District Attorney Steven Pagones" were false and had no ...Where's Sharpton's Apology for Accusing a White Man of Raping a Black Teen?

Townhall.com logo
June 14, 2012
Where's Sharpton's Apology for Accusing a White Man of Raping a Black Teen?
By Larry Elder
3/15/2012

"Meet the Press" host David Gregory asked his panel "where civility has gone in our public discourse." Incredibly, one panelist urged people to be more "mature" and not "poison the atmosphere."

I say "incredibly" because this panelist was none other than the race-hustling, anti-Semitic "civil rights activist" and MSNBC talk show host, Al Sharpton. For some reason, Sharpton's own struggles with civility never came up. Nor did any panelist behave so rudely as to bring up Sharpton's role in one of the most hideous, disgusting and cynical uses of the race card this side of the O.J. Simpson case. And Sharpton, unlike Rush Limbaugh, refuses to apologize.

While this raises little or no concern to MSNBC or its advertisers, Sharpton became famous by falsely accusing a white man of raping a black teenage girl. Tawana Brawley, then 15, told authorities that white racists abducted, raped and sodomized her -- scrawling the initials "KKK" on her in human feces.

A grand jury later found the entire incident a complete hoax. This did not stop the Rev. Al Sharpton, who had accused Steven Pagones, then an assistant district attorney in Duchess County, N.Y., of the crime. After Sharpton's accusation, Pagones received death threats, and his young daughter was later threatened.

"We stated openly that Steven Pagones did it," said Sharpton. "If we're lying, sue us, so we can go into court with you and prove you did it. Sue us -- sue us right now."

Pagones did sue.

A jury unanimously concluded that Sharpton defamed Pagones, ordering Sharpton to pay him $65,000. The Reverend promptly and publicly said he did not intend to pay. Later, when Sharpton decided to run for president, the outstanding defamation debt became a political problem. So Sharpton's one-percenter buddies passed the hat and paid off his debt, which by then totaled $87,000 with interest and penalties.

Civility, Rev. Al? In 1989, a young white woman, dubbed the "Central Park jogger," was monstrously raped and nearly beaten to death. Sharpton insisted -- despite the defendants' confessions -- that her black attacker-suspects were innocent, modern-day Scottsboro Boys trapped in "a fit of racial hysteria." Sharpton charged that the jogger's boyfriend did it and organized protests outside the courthouse, chanting, "The boyfriend did it!" and denouncing the victim as a "whore!"

Sharpton appealed for a psychiatrist to examine the victim, generously saying: "It doesn't even have to be a black psychiatrist. ... We're not endorsing the damage to the girl -- if there was this damage." (The convictions of the accused were eventually vacated, despite their taped confessions, after another man -- whose DNA matched -- confessed to the rape in 2002.)

Civility, Rev. Al? Sharpton once called former Marine, magna cum laude graduate, lawyer, professor and then-Mayor David Dinkins -- New York City's first and only black mayor -- a "n--ger whore turning tricks in City Hall."

Civility, Rev. Al? In 1991, when a 7-year-old black child was accidentally killed in Crown Heights after a car driven by a Hasidic Jew went out of control, Sharpton led 400 protesters through the Jewish neighborhood. There were four nights of rock and bottle throwing. A young Talmudic scholar was surrounded by a mob shouting, "Kill the Jew," and stabbed to death. After deriding Jews as "diamond merchants," Sharpton said, "If the Jews want to get it on, tell them to pin their yarmulkes back and come over to my house."

Civility, Rev. Al? The Jewish owner of Freddy's Fashion Mart in Harlem raised the rent on a black sub-tenant. At one of the many rallies designed to frighten the owner, Sharpton called him a "white interloper." Following a demonstration three months later, one of the protestors, a black man, stormed Freddy's Fashion Mart with a pistol, screaming: "It's on now! All blacks out!" In addition to shooting, he set fire to the building, eventually killing himself and seven others.

Initially, Sharpton denied having spoken at any rallies and refused to accept any responsibility for poisoning the atmosphere. When tapes surfaced showing Sharpton speaking, he said, "What's wrong with denouncing white interlopers?" Eventually, he apologized -- for saying "white," but not for saying "interloper."

Sharpton refuses to apologize for Tawana Brawley. He assumes liberal bias will prevent the media from asking him about Brawley. Or, he will accuse them of racism if they do: "I did what I believed. ... They are asking me to grovel. They want black children to say they forced a black man coming out of the hardcore ghetto to his knees. ... Once you begin bending, it's, 'Did you bend today?' or: 'I missed the apology. Say it again.' Once you start compromising, you lose respect for yourself."

In other words, falsely and unapologetically accusing a white man of raping a black teenage girl is no barrier to hosting a talk show on MSNBC or lecturing the nation on civility.

Rush Limbaugh twice apologized to the Georgetown law student for calling her a slut. Sharpton has never apologized for calling Steven Pagones a rapist.