I agree!

Jim519's photo
Wed 11/05/08 04:57 PM
ANother race card thrown out there...Will it even end? huh

Jim519's photo
Wed 11/05/08 04:40 PM

drinker drinker drinker drinker

Way to go for not caring! You tell em!

I wasn't being serious. But, you have fun :wink:.

I know :wink:

Jim519's photo
Wed 11/05/08 04:38 PM
drinker drinker drinker drinker

Way to go for not caring! You tell em!

Jim519's photo
Wed 11/05/08 04:36 PM
laugh laugh laugh

I care sooooo little that I don't care that you don't care. laugh

Jim519's photo
Wed 11/05/08 04:28 PM
I dont care! laugh

Jim519's photo
Wed 11/05/08 04:20 PM
Respect has to be earned. It is not something handed out very easily. THe President will need to earn it based on his actions...Period.

Jim519's photo
Wed 11/05/08 04:02 PM
I see this is where all the sexy's hang out :smile:

Hello all! drinker

((((prncs))))

Jim519's photo
Tue 11/04/08 04:13 PM
It said...

"Welcome to Maryland,....Whats in your wallet?"

Jim519's photo
Tue 11/04/08 04:12 PM
I didnt vote this time. I feel neither candidate qaulifies. This way I can say I didnt vote for either one of them.

Jim519's photo
Tue 11/04/08 04:09 PM

tanyaann my boob pic got deleted and yours didnt.....

sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad sad

Put it back up :smile:

Jim519's photo
Tue 11/04/08 03:50 PM
I would love to slit his throat and sh*t down his neck personally...Never, ever put your hands on a child!!!

Jim519's photo
Tue 11/04/08 03:44 PM
I say we eliminate both of them and place PATSFAN in the White House! drinker

Jim519's photo
Tue 11/04/08 03:01 PM
I vote that boobs run the white house

Jim519's photo
Tue 11/04/08 02:02 AM

Did you say "it's not propaganda", and post a link with "Obama's plans to destroy America" in the URL, in the same post? laugh

How about something a little less biased - here's the Reader's Digest compiled view of the election from a global view:

http://www.rd.com/your-america-inspiring-people-and-stories/presidential-election-08-global-poll/article102098.html

Click on any country. Our country is the only one where the poll is even close.

And even within the boundaries of the USA - I haven't seen a poll showing McCain in the lead at all, at any point.

Funny thing about your "They're taking a poll on AOL!!!!"...

Once upon a time, around the invention of the telephone, they used this new tool to conduct national surveys to try to predict the president. Result of the telephone survey? Landslide Republican.
Result of the election? Landslide Democratic victory.
How can this be? Only the rich had telephones at that point in time. winking

Very very similarly - who still uses AOL? Largely the extremely conservative, who were willing (for some reason) to pay $25/month for dialup when other services out there were $10/month... now not even AOL charges anymore, but they retain their customer base. You see no bias in that?

Try looking at what the rest of the world sees.

I've found one thing: When I'm standing in a room and find myself in the minority, chances are good that I'm wrong...
...in this case, with such a large chunk of McCain support coming from the prejudiced and ignorant, it paints that picture even more strongly, IMO - because not only isn't he ahead (even in this country), but a good chunk of his support is fundamentally prejudice and ignorance based - which would make him even less ahead, if those votes weren't allowed to count.

Seriously...What gives you the right to call McCain supporters ignorant? Talk about typical and biased...

I support neither, and thankfully so. I will be able to say I didnt vote for either one of them.

Jim519's photo
Sat 11/01/08 04:22 AM
Everyones situation is different. Sounds like you have an ex not very involved and willing. Spreadhseets should be done in order to hold both parties accountable. In your situation, a spreadsheet of expenses would confirm what is needed and the courts would now have documentation of that and hopefully would change the order to suffice what is needed. Neither my ex or myself have sole custody of my child. It is shared legal. My ex is listed as the "residing" parent only, and that is just for school purposes. You state one parent doesnt even pay half? In my case based on our incomes, I contribute 63% toward the child support based on my states guidelines. As well as pay half of all co-pays,prescriptions, and extra curricular activities. As well, I buy all my own clothes for her. Being that said, I feel I contribute way more than enough. I should be fully entitled to see where the hard earned money I work for goes to in reference to my daughter. What I am really pushing for is whatever balance is not used go into a trust fund for my daughter. It is her money after all.

the person paying child support does NOT pay even half, when they follow their local child support guidelines. This is a proven case more times than can be counted.
Take for example my case. I have two children, and sole custody of both. between the three of us, we receive approximately 700 a month (between work, and their ssd). My ex takes home over 1600 a month, and is only required to pay 88 dollars a month for support. And that isnt even 88 per child. It is 88 TOTAL per month.
I am scrambling today to find a halloween costume for one (if not both) of my children as I have had to put rent, groceries, etc above everything else. I asked her to send me 20 dollars so that I could get them a costume, and she has refused to do so.
Now, does this sound right to you?

The system needs to be overhauled big time, and it needs to be made fair for the children involved big time. This does NOT mean spreadsheets, or anything showing where the money goes. Every single state has a procedure to follow if the non-custodial parent is concerned about where the money is being spent, that requires them to hve the courts themselves intercede and investigate the issue. The payer does not have any right to know what specifically hte money is spent on.
Again, I have been through this myself, as my ex decided to file a complaint to have me investigated to find out where the money was being spent. The courts looked into it and declared nothing was amiss, and I was using it appropriately (when I was receiving it).

I DO like hte idea of their being one set amount figured out as to the cost of raising children. Say research dictates that it takes 1000 dollars per month in order to provide a roof, clothing, food, utilities etc. Then BOTH parents SHOULD be required to provide a minimum of 500 dollars each, no matter the amount of income per parent. If the non-custodial wants t [provide more (like paul McCartney) then by all means let them. but they should be required to provide HALF of the average living costs per child.

And yes, of course, the non-custodial would not be required to pay half the rent twice in the case of two kids. They WOULD however, be required to pay so much for food for each child; and clothing.

Finally! The courts recognized that my ex was clearly just trying to get more money....

They required her to keep a monthly Excel spreadsheet with receipts to justify her request in support. We will review this with a court appointed mediator in one year.

IMO, this should be required by the one receiving the support monthly. Especially for the parent paying who is deeply involved....

Feels good to get that off my chest drinker

i agree with this, for the most part.

however, what if her claim isn't based solely on what she needs to raise the children, but is so that the lifestyles of the children don't differ that greatly from the home of one parent to the other?

example: one parent is quite rich, but is able to 'hide' most of their income, or their income changes drastically, and the kids get to do all sorts of stuff with them: movies, dinner, vacations abroad, toys, games, etc. while the other parent has to watch every penny just to ensure that they are fed and clothed.

it should not matter

child support should be based on a govt standard as to what it costs to raise a child

if you sign up for govt assistance and the rate per child is 150 a month then that is what child support should be and it should be divided between both parents

it should not be dependent on the wage of the parent

if one wants the lifestyle the other parent can provide then do not let the marriage end

spread the wealth has been going on in the child support arena for far to long

if any support is paid above the govt guide line for assistance then there should be a spread sheet for it

and be accounted for

Do not let the marriage end to maintain the same lifestyle?
There are too many variables to go into here. But..come on..that's not reality.

Spread the wealth with child support?

Hello? The woman pays for everything when raising the child.
The man helps. He helps!!! It doesn't even cover half. Sheesh.

Jim519's photo
Thu 10/30/08 06:16 PM
Your healed after 5 weeks? Took me almost 5 years.

Must have been a painless split....Wish you the best!