Community > Posts By > RavenousSin

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:51 PM
Yeah, I noticed that. Pretty awesome stuff bro.

I loved My Name Is Bruce if only for it being Bruce Campbell as himself, the self-aware humor and self-parody, and the constant references to other films and the reception of them. I dunno, it seemed like a perfect film for the fans of Campbell.

Saw the first Feast. Loved it. I was going to grab the others once but I can get cautious of sequels when it comes to horror and comedy... I guess the combo ups my caution. (To an extent, I blame An American Werewolf In Paris.)

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:44 PM
What are your favorite westerns?
Do you prefer Spaghetti westerns or revisionist westerns or perhaps more toward more traditional/"classic" westerns?

Personally a fan of Spaghetti westerns and of course liked all of the Man With No Name films with Clint Eastwood.

Moving onward... I liked the re-adaptation of 3:10 To Yuma and want to see True Grit. Unforgiven was another good one and a nice deconstruction of the genre.

The Proposition is just plain a phenomenal film in general. I'd recommend it to anyone for a good film, but advise that it's graphic and heartbreaking.

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:33 PM

Con air:)

Steve Buscemi was the best part of that film. laugh

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:32 PM

whats yourt favorite movie? mine has to be hot fuzz

You sir, have good taste. biggrin

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:30 PM
The best horror comedy films that come to mind... or rather your favorites.

I'd definitely go with:
- An American Werewolf In London (a favorite in general)
- Evil Dead II (also my favorite of the Evil Dead series)
- My Name Is Bruce (though the horror takes a big backseat, I feel it qualifies)
- Braindead/Dead Alive

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:22 PM
The Ring by Route 66 Killers

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:21 PM
Reptile by Helloween

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:14 PM
The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

The Darjeeling Limited

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:11 PM
My Girlfriend's Girlfriend by Type O Negative

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 11:07 PM

The last Lord of the Rings movie was so horrible. The Scorpion King,Anchorman,and Men In Black were good movies.

I misread that at first as listing Anchorman as one that's painful...
Then there was gonna' be a problem. laugh

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 10:35 PM
Adrenalin by Bauhaus

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 10:12 PM
Edited by RavenousSin on Wed 04/04/12 10:13 PM
Granted we can't control our entire lives, I don't buy into the concept of destiny.
Life itself is not written in stone... even if it were, a stone can corrode or be melted in a volcano or smashed or mixed with other minerals... all sorts of stuff.

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 09:58 PM
Animal by Neon Trees

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 05:46 PM
All My Friends Are Ghosts by Powerman 5000

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 03:26 PM
Edited by RavenousSin on Wed 04/04/12 03:28 PM

How long does it take you to give out additional contact information to people you get to know on sites like this? Will you give your email address, or IM screen name to someone you chat with here? How long does it take you to give your phone number out? What about making plans to meet?

This could be for someone you want to be friends with or want to date.

I'll usually chat on here for a while and given that things are well, I'll provide my facebook page.
I did give it out fairly quickly for one person who inquired about e-mail address or IM screen name, if only because they seemed fairly trustworthy as one of the frequent posters. Plus, it's just my facebook page... I can edit the settings whenever for privacy.

I usually end up giving out my email address before Facebook.

I hardly use my e-mail, so Facebook just made more sense to me. That and there's multiple settings lot of people don't seem all that aware of for filtering privacy and such.
With no offense to this site, I view it as somewhat like upgrading from here.

RavenousSin's photo
Wed 04/04/12 01:45 PM
"Live To Rise" by Soundgarden
(Literally just cuz of Avengers)

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 04/03/12 08:51 PM

How long does it take you to give out additional contact information to people you get to know on sites like this? Will you give your email address, or IM screen name to someone you chat with here? How long does it take you to give your phone number out? What about making plans to meet?

This could be for someone you want to be friends with or want to date.

I'll usually chat on here for a while and given that things are well, I'll provide my facebook page.
I did give it out fairly quickly for one person who inquired about e-mail address or IM screen name, if only because they seemed fairly trustworthy as one of the frequent posters. Plus, it's just my facebook page... I can edit the settings whenever for privacy.

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 04/03/12 08:43 PM

I'm usually pretty leery about the whole thing. Unless it's someone I've dealt with on line for awhile (decades) and I'm reasonably certain they're not up to something underhanded.

There are a handful of people here who have my mailing address and/or phone number. Not many. And it's been good, because none of them have tried to trick me into anything. Yet.

((((SexyLexy))))smooched :heart: flowers waving
Dont mind me...Just dropped in for my daily Stalk.

No complaints here -- without my stalkers, I'd be completely ignored!

shades

I know that feeling...laugh
drinker
Was uh, "just in the neighborhood"... yup. :tongue:

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 04/03/12 08:29 PM
Once someone demands that I choose between them and another, I'll make the choice of the other...
So, I'd be done with girl.

Unless my female friends became a**holes. laugh

RavenousSin's photo
Tue 04/03/12 08:21 PM
"Seventeen Years" by Ratatat

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25