Community > Posts By > RavenousSin

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 04:48 PM

I once dreamt a dream in which I was dreaming of a dream I once had long ago in a dream.
In this dream, I was dreaming about a dream I have yet to dream.
Yet when I awoke, I was sure I had dreamt the dream I never dreamed!!!
Weird Chit!!!!!
:wink: huh :wink:
:wow:
That's deep.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 02:57 PM
It really depends for me... once they get into **** like gay-bashing, it's off the table for me.
I want to be able to sing along or rap with music I listen to and there's just some stuff I won't follow.

Yet "Stripped, Raped, and Strangled" by Cannibal Corpse is cool by me.

I guess it's the difference between stories, etc. and sending out legitimate messages or being brutal, gruesome, even violent in imagery and being downright hateful.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 01:24 PM

It is. After you figure out how, you basically learn to tweak and control your dreams. You can also wake up without knowing you're awake and the dream still follows you. Basically, you haven't grounded yourself, or REALLY snapped yourself awake.

Alright, the latter seems to apply then.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 12:52 PM

Yeah, I do have defend this guy.
Having certain preferences doesn't make someone an ageist or a racist.
If that's the case, only going for one gender makes someone sexist. :tongue:

That's just b, he/she has called me racist a few times.

B-but... you kinda' have a beard!
I thought that calms him/her.

I've been told lies!

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 12:48 PM

flowerforyou I wish we had more of the progressive and positive messages in todays mainstream,,,,

This is part of why I dip more into either older hip-hop or the lesser knowns and underground artists.
Like, I dunno if anyone actually clicked the links I posted... (doubts it) but they weren't negative or encouraging anything bad.
I don't like when rap and hip-hop just becomes embracing negative stereotypes, shallowness, or boasting and materialism.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 12:41 PM
I thought lucid dreaming is like dreaming with awareness.
Or with the false awakening... waking up from a dream within a dream. So the one dream is acknowledged as such, but you're still dreaming and don't realize it.

I guess it could be to an extent. I was awake from that point on... albeit disappointed to be so awake. laugh

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 11:47 AM
Edited by RavenousSin on Fri 04/06/12 11:47 AM
I'm made to remember... Big Daddy Kane had some nice stuff.
Also, thank you for this msharmony.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 11:38 AM
Music by Gorillaz often incorporates some good guest rapping as well. The music aside is always good as well anyway.

Deltron 3030 is actually basically a prelude to Gorillaz. Damon Albarn provided some vocals on some of Del's tracks and in turn, Del helped out on Gorillaz self-titled debut. ("Clint Eastwood" and "Rock The House")
"Time Keeps On Slipping" and "Madness" from Deltron 3030 both almost sound like Gorillaz tracks at times due to Albarn's involvement...

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 11:34 AM

If we'll get into old school, than I might as well throw out Public Enemy.
Basically the best. Chuck D's delivery is godly and his lyrics are great. Love the political drive and social awareness.
Flava Flav is the only downside to Public Enemy I can think of.

Oh shite! How could I forget the Granddaddy of old school! Yes...I have a ton of respect for Chuck D & his message. Zero respect for Flava Flav & his...message?

I almost feel like Chuck D took Flava Flav in for one of 3 possible reasons:

1. Pity... sheer pity.
2. He knew Public Enemy would be amazing... perhaps too amazing. He needed a counterweight.
3. The contrast of Flava Flav utterly sucking just exemplifies Chuck D's own brilliance.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 11:29 AM
Edited by RavenousSin on Fri 04/06/12 11:31 AM
The differences to look for:

Melodic Death Metal has the heaviness and distortion of Death Metal, but with clearer harmonic melody and guitar lines of classic heavy metal. Vocal styles are often mixed and range from death grunts, growls, to more clear sounds. It is generally a separate subgenre from the following two (which may often overlap):

Power Metal is clear all around, typically pretty damn fast and may or may not incorporate keyboards as well. Vocals are clear and often range from medium to high, but not necessarily.

Symphonic Metal combines elements of classical music basically and symphonies. Operatic vocals are often included, though may be more like those of traditional heavy metal. Rather than relying solely on electric guitar, instruments like violins or organs, even piano, may be incorporated. This is often quite epic. Nightwish (mainly with Tarja) is a good example.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 11:15 AM
Yeah, I do have defend this guy.
Having certain preferences doesn't make someone an ageist or a racist.
If that's the case, only going for one gender makes someone sexist. :tongue:

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 11:13 AM

My mom told me i look handsome and hot, is that true please be sincere with ur answer.
handsome is okay.. But Mommy telling her loving son that he's hot? Amaaazing.

That's one sexy dude then.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 11:12 AM

It's been a while since I've been on here so I forgot how to do the link thing.

But, here are some artists I enjoy. Mind you, I'm not really a fan of this genre and I have to be in a mood to listen (which is very rare). And it's pretty much all old school stuff. I'll just throw out some artists.

2Pac - One of my all time favorites. I adore pretty much everything he spit out. R.I.P.

The Geto Boys - I also like some of Scarface & Bushwick Bill's solo stuff

Paris - The Devil made Me Do It. If your lookin for good flow & beats this is it. The lyrics are pretty racist, but it's good music.

Slick Rick

The Beastie Boys

Dr. Dre & Eminem

Eightball & MJG

E40

Tha Dogg Pound - No Snoop

I'll give some listens. Never got into Eminem. A lot of white kids just kinda' familiar with hip-hop flock to him, I don't know why.
Beastie Boys are good in that silly way, but like Bloodhound Gang I can only listen to them in doses.

Lyrics often matter a lot to me, so we'll see.
Like, Jedi Mind Tricks seemed good at first but when I heard them start spewing a bunch of homophobia and gay-bashing, I was like "f#ck this ****"...

Ice-T has some good stuff that he's done. I like that he's depicted the ghetto life often without actually trying to glorify it, such as in Escape The Killing Fields in which spoke out against glorifying it and advised getting out and trying to leave that kind of life behind.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 11:07 AM
If we'll get into old school, than I might as well throw out Public Enemy.
Basically the best. Chuck D's delivery is godly and his lyrics are great. Love the political drive and social awareness.
Flava Flav is the only downside to Public Enemy I can think of.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 11:06 AM

Not a huge rap fan but this is the chit.....smokin

Sugar Hill Gang - Rappers Delight

http://youtu.be/rKTUAESacQM

bigsmile

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 10:50 AM

rofl Bold... so bold, it just might work! laugh

How could she resist??

Well.... now that the question's been posed... :tongue:

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 10:48 AM
Yeah, my luck with white girls around here isn't that great. The people I tend to connect to better just happen to often be Puerto Ricans... a lot of the whites around here can tend to come off as kind of snobbish or just not very down to earth. I don't like to generalize like that, but it's what's been observed.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 10:41 AM
Just watched Sukiyaki Western Django last night... strange but I guess I liked it.
Pastiche films can be a lot of fun. It's something I loved with Brotherhood Of The Wolf/Le Pacte des loup.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 04/06/12 10:33 AM

Well here is what I used to do if someone
forgot my birthday.

Me: "Hello?"
Them: "Heyyyyy..."
Me: "Happy Birthday!"
Them: "Buuuut, it's not my birthday?"
Me: "Oh.....it must be mine!"
Hang up.

In your case, maybe YOU should buy
the lingerie for her before calling.