Community > Posts By > RavenousSin

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 04:48 PM

I can answer that. I am opposed to same sex marriage and I have said I dont feel same sex sex is healthy or natural.

Never said I was 'scared' of anyone though,, not sure where the phobia part comes in,,,lol

Regular sex is not healthy either.

its healthy enough to create life,,,

Actually sex is quite healthy for someone physically and mentally. To much sex is unhealthy, but sex in general is healthy. But sex with the same gender is not healthy. Yeah it may be physically and mentally healthy in general, but it unhealthy for it is unproductive. Sex is for reproduction, for populating the world. This can not be done by same sex intercourse.

Not causing reproduction just makes it neutral health-wise... unhealthy would imply harm to health.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 04:38 PM

"Nervous"?!?!?!?!?!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAaaaa....poot..

ahem

Apparently, you don't know me very well.

I have have snapped quite a few penis pix in my carreer. (Just ain't caught one of my morning wood yet......it s pretty freaking magnificent)

I stick by the statement that it's from boredom or being too early for dat schit.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 10:39 AM

Cheating: anything you can't tell your significant other about. Once cheating occurs the trust is broken and difficult to rebuild. I'd have to say, be gone.

Pretty much this...
Hence the concept of emotional affairs/cheating, etc.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 10:24 AM
Just like my prior thread on horror novels. Admittedly, the two may overlap.

I like just about anything I read from H.G. Wells, especially War Of The Worlds and The Invisible Man. I'll get around to The Island Of Dr. Moreau, but I'd like to check out the lesser-knowns as well.

Fahrenheit 451 was good from what I recall. With my enthusiasm for Science Fiction, I figured I'd have more than this... huh...

(Trying to discuss books only and not comics or movies...)

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 10:11 AM

If you can accept yourself being in every situation, then i see no downside.

:thumbsup:

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 10:09 AM

It's your penis waking up with you... It's like "oh hey, happy to see ya!"
Then it notices the time and it's like "Damn! It's too early for this schit... I'm going back to sleep."

It's the best time ravenous ... its the best time LoL

laugh Well, I'm just trying to explain why its gone before that camera... though maybe his penis is camera shy or just gets bored at that point...huh
Further study of krupa's penis will be required.

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 12:54 AM
What? Don't go...
Tattoo artist, blue hair, piercings? Hell yeah.

I'm doing a bad job on the personality aspect, I know, but not much was put for that other than not wanting misjudged and...

She's already gone, huh?
There goes another one...
Just when I was falling in love again. :tongue:

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 12:45 AM
Ah. I mostly take back from my most recent response to Kleisto then.
Just don't rub it my face man. :tongue:

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 12:38 AM

Kleisto, back off on msharmony a bit.

If she's gonna make ridiculous arguments, I'm gonna call her on them. I don't care who likes it, I'm going to say what I think.

Yes, speaking of ridiculous... You basically accused her of holding homophobic viewpoints. What was the basis of that exactly?

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 12:21 AM
It's your penis waking up with you... It's like "oh hey, happy to see ya!"
Then it notices the time and it's like "Damn! It's too early for this schit... I'm going back to sleep."

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 12:10 AM

agreeing to disagree is one of my favorite pasttimes,,,:smile:

happy
And then, there was peace... :tongue:

RavenousSin's photo
Fri 03/30/12 12:03 AM
Kleisto, back off on msharmony a bit. She hasn't been rude or unkind and it gets hard to tell how much you're actually basing on her own posting and how much you're basing on OTHER people she is not affiliated with.
Like she said, you can't brush everyone with the same stroke.

After all, I wouldn't want to be grouped with all the other atheists who look down on the religious or act with superiority.

Anyway, I'm leaving this all with agreeing to disagree and just do what's best for everyone regardless of religious belief or lack thereof: peace.

RavenousSin's photo
Thu 03/29/12 06:18 PM
"I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

RavenousSin's photo
Thu 03/29/12 06:13 PM
Edited by RavenousSin on Thu 03/29/12 06:13 PM

Here's what I think it is...

They see someone whom they think is brainwashed. So they want to brainwash them too.

Simple, everyone is trying to control everyone else...

Not really. Or rather, I disagree from that viewpoint.
Based on discussions I've had with friends who are atheists, the concept of actually getting someone to ditch theism is less of brainwashing someone and more as freeing the person from prior brainwashing.
It's like taking away the fake world in the Matrix and showing what actually is or letting a kid know there's no Santa Claus.

After all, many people who are atheists weren't convinced by others... they arrived at it through their own reasoning. They found that they didn't believe in the things they may or may not have once believed in or been taught.

this can be said on both sides

the concept of actually getting someone to ditch faithlessness is less of brainwashing and more as FREEING a person from prior brainwashing

Its like giving a kid hope for his future as an adult, and showing them that life progresses and how great it can be to progress with it and be a healthy adult,,,,

many people who are christian arriived at through their own reasoning too,,,they found that the things they once believed or were taught omitted quite a bit,,,,

I'm not getting the analogy to giving a kid hope for his future. Elaborate.

Faithlessness (in the religious sense) isn't exactly a trait to be ditched... you're building from the ground up to make a believer, not taking anything away... except maybe taking away certain views on reality, but that's more of a byproduct.

RavenousSin's photo
Thu 03/29/12 05:17 PM

I'm a huge fan of Frankenstein- I have an edition from the 1930's, and a newer one illustrated by Bernie Wrightson(who has illustrated a few of Stephen King's books)

I also like Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I saw some of those illustrations. They were utterly amazing.
Been wanting to read Dracula, but never got to it.

A decent read in the way of werewolf stories was Werewolf Of Paris by Guy Endore. Kinda' odd at times though (mainly due to an incest scene).
It was the basis for the Hammer Horror film Curse Of The Werewolf with Oliver Reed.

RavenousSin's photo
Thu 03/29/12 12:40 AM
Edited by RavenousSin on Thu 03/29/12 12:43 AM
From modern era to Victorian and even further back, what are your favorite horror novels?

I personally enjoy classics like "Frankenstein" by Mary Shelley or "The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde" by Robert Louis Stevenson. There's nothing scary about them, but they're great stories. I'd say Frankenstein is my favorite novel.

I'd like to read more of Edgar Allen Poe, as cliché as that is and H.P. Lovecraft is of interest.

Somehow I've yet to read any Stephen King, even though he's supposed to be this big horror icon.

And, though it was more teen or young adult, I found this book/series "The Devouring" to be an oddly well-written and good read.

RavenousSin's photo
Thu 03/29/12 12:32 AM
Not sure what to make of this past series... very conflicted.
I feel like the Series 4 finale was the worst episode (which for Being Human is still better than most shows) yet, at the same time, I have high hopes for Series 5 because of how things are set up.

RavenousSin's photo
Thu 03/29/12 12:22 AM
Edited by RavenousSin on Thu 03/29/12 12:22 AM
We're all total bad-a$$es... Just saying.

RavenousSin's photo
Thu 03/29/12 12:12 AM
Edited by RavenousSin on Thu 03/29/12 12:14 AM
"I want somebody to share, share the rest of my life
Share my innermost thoughts, know my intimate details
Someone who'll stand by my side and give me support
And in return she'll get my support

She will listen to me when I want to speak
About the world we live in and life in general

Though my views may be wrong, they may even be perverted
She'll hear me out, and won't easily be converted
To my way of thinking in fact she'll often disagree