Community > Posts By > Serious

Serious's photo
Fri 02/07/20 03:41 PM

The age in itself is just a number as long as both partners are compatible with each others level of maturity and with their goals and preferences, hobbies, etc. I have seen 20 year olds that were more mature than many in their 30's and even beyond. Then there are also those people that never "grow up". And older ones that can really relate to a much younger age group. There are also quite a few young women that prefer older men (and most of them - at least the ones that seek a real long term, serious relationship - do not have "father issues").

No offense, but your profile clearly states you want a certain age group, so you can have children. Age obviously matters to you and that is fine.

I wasn't answering for me, I was answering your question in general. Like I said some people prefer other age groups for several reasons and preferences. And yes, this is one reason - there is no offense...

But when you are 71, say she gets pregnant straight away, you will be 70 something. Is that responsible parenting? My 21 year old needs her mother now and in the years to come.

I have no idea what your are referring to in the light of what I really said? In your stated case the goals then might not match, not many people in their seventies (at least that I know) still want to have children. Then they will look for someone that doesn't want children either. So again, there has to be matching goals/lifestyles etc. - and that you can find matching up even in some larger age gaps (nobody is talking about 50-60 year age gaps, but even that happens, whatever works for them).

It is none of my business, but I actually made an error in my typing. It was supposed to say because you are 50,(not 71), when your grown children need you you could be too old or have passed. Is not responsible parenting being there for them?
You do not need to answer, it is your personal choice. Yet as a mother, I know my daughter still needs me and wants me to be active and capable, when she has children. God bless you irregardless. Shalom.

Yes I am 50 - not 70 - LOL there is quite a difference. You can be in your 20's have children and die in your 40's, so what's the point? You can die any moment through a car accident. My Grandmother was 94 when she died and only because they killed her in the hospital (she could have easily made it to 100). Anyways this is all speculation. Yes the mortality rate might go up with increasing age but again, statistics. If you take care of yourself and exercise and eat right and keep yourself healthy 50 is not an old age anymore. So should I deprive myself of a family just because of this speculation? Anyways if children are in their 20's I think you have done your essential parenting as far as your responsibilities go. - Just my 2 cents... Shalom!

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 11:35 PM
What is Love:
I posted an answer for a different topic here, but pretty much addresses this question.

https://mingle2.com/topic/577318?page=5 (why do people cheat?) - bottom of page

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 11:24 PM
Why did they do that? This is one of the most helpful features next to a detailed search function.
What's the reason? Can they put this option back in?

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 11:18 PM
Is there a way to put profiles into your favorites, so you can come back to them later without losing the overview of who you liked so far. Haven't found a way yet to do that here, usually all other dating sites have this option.

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 10:22 PM
Edited by Serious on Thu 02/06/20 10:23 PM
It does still exist if certain criteria are given in both partners, if we are talking about a real relationship of a couple.
I posted an answer for a different topic here, but it's might also make sense for this question.

https://mingle2.com/topic/577318?page=5 (why do people cheat?) - bottom of page

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 10:01 PM
Edited by Serious on Thu 02/06/20 10:06 PM

I believe everyone is a spirit but with a shell...
such as our body's for use of our spirit...
and when our body dies our spirits do not ...
now anything can happen from there ...
some believe in their kind of heaven ...
some believe they come back ...
can be just their spirits... to stay in touch with the...
body spirit of another ... some say we can come back...
becouse we did not learn a lesson in this life we...
where suppose to ...
there are all kinds of thoughts people have ...
but I do believe a spirit is in our living body's...
this spirit helps us be all we can in this life ...
before our time on this temporary planet... we call home ...
runs out ...
I believe our thought of heaven ...our are own ...
and pray that is where you want to go ...
when it is your time ... and hope we are not disappointed
to me the universe is our home ...
and the universe makes those choices for us ...
these are my own thought of life and the universe...
and as for a God or Gods ... I give them...
the a benefit of doubt ...
and I do believe in miracles ...
and believe we need more of them... to help our earth survive...
your thoughts...

My 'Soul, Essence, Spirit' is a manifestation of brain's ability to reason. Its the same ability that allows me to perceive the 'Past, Present & Future'. It is this same manifestation that gives me my sense of 'Self'.

Think of it as a computer.
You have the CPU (Brain)
Sensors (your 'Senses')
and
Actuators (your Muscles)
Your Nerves are the wiring that connect your sensors to your brain and your brain to your actuators.
Within the CPU there is RAM (memory) that runs the various programs.
There is a processor (neurons) that determines which programs to run when and to what severity.

When you die, the brain no longer operates. It may fire for a short time after the fuel flow stops but when all the fuel is used up, it is just dead tissue.

The synapse is a chemical energy that is fired between axons and dendrites. Life can be summarized as the 'Energy' of those synapse.
Energy is subject to the laws of thermodynamics

The first law of thermodynamics thinks big: it deals with the total amount of energy in the universe, and in particular, it states that this total amount does not change. Put another way, the First Law of Thermodynamics states that energy cannot be created or destroyed. It can only change form or be transferred from one object to another.

I am a part of the Universe.
I exist within, not apart from it.
The energy that is me is part of the total energy in the Universe.
When I die. The energy that makes up me, will return to the Universe.
Like pouring a glass of water into an ocean.
The energy that is me will reemerge somewhere else in the Universe but it will not be me, just the energy that is me.
Part of me might be in a rock, another part of me as part of a star another part of me as a gas cloud, a quark, a black hole and so on.

The energy that is me, right now, is condensed within this body. When it gets released, it disperses into the Universe.

Using this idea, You can liken it to living forever and becoming one with God when you die. "God" being the total energy of the Universe. Since energy cannot be created or destroyed, parts of your energy exist as long as the Universe exists. By our standards, that means forever.

You either just contradicted yourself or spoke out of "faith":
If you say that all energy is what makes up the universe and that energy cannot be created nor get lost (be destroyed) and that you are part of the energy of the universe and "god" being the total sum of the universe, then where does the energy come from that makes up the universe to begin with? It had to come from somewhere. Some energy are particles others we haven't really found out what it is at all (i.e.light). So no matter how far you go back and how small you get into quantum physics or sub atomic particles, no matter how many times you want to split them to explain their existence, there has to be a "creation" of energy (particles or matter) somewhere at some point.
So either the universe had to be "created" somewhere by what or whom? or if God = total amount of energy of universe, then that means it always had to be there without beginning or end as logical conclusion. So either god was created by something or someone or God was always there without a beginning. And then God was the one that formed you out of his energy and made you.
Interesting enough. Sounds like faith to me.

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 09:16 PM
Edited by Serious on Thu 02/06/20 09:24 PM

Demon movies are fantasies which expound on religious fears.
Unrealistically powerful demons and ineptitude of God if based on religion.

If God is the creator of everything and the exorcist priest is acting as the will and hand of God, the mere presence of the priest would cause the demon to flee.
The fact there is a battle at all is a farce.

Unfortunately in reality it is not always quite that simple. First of all demons are not afraid of people themselves as a person but only of Jesus/God. So for one it would matter how much that priest has an actual relationship with God - (is he really a true believing Christian - this also is unfortunately not always the case) but even if he is then there is still the demonized person and their own will and the demon that might have a right to be there because it has been given over to him. That person might have to renounce some sin first that gave that demon the right to be there and also they should be a Christian themselves or at least at that point should give their live to God (become a Christian) otherwise it would be hard to keep the demon out for long if he at all leaves.

This whole thing is a faith issue. If one doesn't believe in God this whole ordeal doesn't make a lot of sense to begin with. But to the skeptics I would say, that there is more to this world than that what meets the eye. Many things exist that you can't at first see - unless you look closer...

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 08:04 PM

The age in itself is just a number as long as both partners are compatible with each others level of maturity and with their goals and preferences, hobbies, etc. I have seen 20 year olds that were more mature than many in their 30's and even beyond. Then there are also those people that never "grow up". And older ones that can really relate to a much younger age group. There are also quite a few young women that prefer older men (and most of them - at least the ones that seek a real long term, serious relationship - do not have "father issues").

No offense, but your profile clearly states you want a certain age group, so you can have children. Age obviously matters to you and that is fine.

I wasn't answering for me, I was answering your question in general. Like I said some people prefer other age groups for several reasons and preferences. And yes, this is one reason - there is no offense...

But when you are 71, say she gets pregnant straight away, you will be 70 something. Is that responsible parenting? My 21 year old needs her mother now and in the years to come.

I have no idea what your are referring to in the light of what I really said? In your stated case the goals then might not match, not many people in their seventies (at least that I know) still want to have children. Then they will look for someone that doesn't want children either. So again, there has to be matching goals/lifestyles etc. - and that you can find matching up even in some larger age gaps (nobody is talking about 50-60 year age gaps, but even that happens, whatever works for them).

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 01:01 AM

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 12:54 AM

Catch a frog and shake it at her. Then tell her, "This frog's for you."

Well, she might just kiss the frog and take him with her and leave you standing there...bigsmile

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 12:41 AM

Serious's photo
Thu 02/06/20 12:22 AM
Whoever plays with this Quija board - stop it, burn it, do not engage with this thing. It is used to get in touch with the demonic and yes it is dangerous. Have enough eye witnesses that can attest to that. But besides that, demons can and will take the opportunity to harass, torture and even kill a person (all happened already - and yes as a result of playing with the occult - not only Quija).
The only way to really get rid of demons again is through the power and in the name of Jesus Christ.
You might not believe in this, you might have tried it and think nothing happened, you never know, doesn't always happen instantly. I have personally dealt with a lot of people that got involved with the occult and found themselves in serious trouble, so this is just a warning.
You can believe whatever you want about this or God, but anybody out here reading this, who has difficulties, troubles, harassment, nightmares, apparitions, paranormal activities, sicknesses and diseases, depressions and suicidal thoughts, hears voices, etc. mainly because of these things, there is a way to get rid of it, just want you to know that.
Everyone can believe what they want, I am not here to convince you but to tell the truth about it, what you do with it is up to you.

Serious's photo
Wed 02/05/20 10:42 PM

I'm not sure if this is the right sub forum to go to. Basically after watching the Nun, The conjuring, and Annabel, I got fascinated about the demons. I am by no means to do any summoning but I've been reading on the basic of magick and try to understand it.

Anyone here have any experience on this type of things?

Do not be fascinated with the demonic. These are evil creatures that can and will actually torment and eventually can kill you. If you want to know more about them and what to do with them (how to cast them out) read the Bible, especially the New Testament. There you will find out what they are and do and why and how to appropriately get rid of them.

Serious's photo
Wed 02/05/20 10:08 PM
Was there a thunderstorm in the area? Did you ever think of "ball-lightning", rare but it happens.

Serious's photo
Wed 02/05/20 09:21 PM
Edited by Serious on Wed 02/05/20 09:29 PM
It actually all depends why people that cheat are in a relationship to begin with. For most it's the fact that they just want someone to "fulfill" their needs and so two people will find each other to have each one's needs met. Once their need seems not met anymore, or they just feel like it isn't to their expectation they just discard that relationship or try to fulfill that need that is not met outside of said relationship. So many people (especially with that mindset) that go into a relationship are takers - "what can you give me - how can you make me happy". If they "feel" at any point that the other person is not the giver they thought or the "giving" is getting less they think they need to have their needs still fulfilled they feel the need to have their needs met from another source, since they mostly take. Which can be many things , from lust to being "taken care" of financially or emotionally.

On the contrary a real relationship is built from actual Love. The word "Love", especially in the English language (among others) is totally overused. We love our spouse, girl/boyfriend and also our car, pet and pizza and a vacation, etc. But in a relationship love is actually a commitment, not a feeling (feeling of what we think as "love" is actually lust - or too much pizza) or a comforting feeling to be taken care of. Love is giving instead of just taking, not just demanding the other to meet your needs but first of all a priority how you can meet their needs first. If you have a real commitment then if the other person doesn't perform as you might have thought or their "performance" of whatever would meet your need lacks for a time, commitment of real love will carry it through and will find a way to resolve any "issues" instead of just giving up and in the manner of our "throw away mentality" and "instant gratification (have it your way right away...!) society, just walking out and using the path of least resistance and least amount of effort and exiting the relationship or finding another "need provider" on the outside. When both people have the best interest of the other in mind first then both give and both will in this case also fulfill each other's needs at the same time - but the mindset is totally contrary to the first scenario.

So the problem what it comes down to in the end is mostly selfishness and the inability to really love, because many people do not even know how to love, mostly they have not been taught or they have not seen it growing up in their family, let alone never received unconditional love from their parents. A lot of it goes way back to the childhood or disappointments/ rejection (prior relationships) and bitterness ("this will not happen to me anymore from now on...") not allowing themselves and the other person actually to love anymore and changing into a "taker" only, rather than a "giver", feeling rejection and at the slightest trigger (even if it might not a big issue) rejecting the other person as a self-protection mechanism.

-- Love is patient, love is kind, it isn’t jealous, it doesn’t brag, it isn’t arrogant, it isn’t rude, it doesn’t seek its own advantage, it isn’t irritable, it doesn’t keep a record of complaints, it isn’t happy with injustice, but it is happy with the truth. Love puts up with all things, trusts in all things, hopes for all things, endures all things - Love never fails -- (1. Corinthians 13:4-8)

Serious's photo
Thu 01/02/20 10:52 PM
Uruguay, which also was the host country defeated Argentina 4-2 in the final

1 2 3 4 6 Next