Community > Posts By > VintagenNerdy

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 01:45 PM
slaphead

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 01:37 PM
Edited by VintagenNerdy on Sat 01/21/12 01:37 PM

Pmsl . .oh dear ive had an accident, pardon me while i change :(

Lol, that's another one I don't quite get either. I did have a friend once that always said.. "I laughed so hard I peed a little." but surely that doesn't happen to most people.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 01:35 PM

Has anyone seen Black Swan? I saw it yesterday at Target and almost got it. I might go back for it today....

I thought it sucked, but many people loved it. Taste is very personal,,,,

Yeah, I'm one of those people who really loved it. However, I'm a big sucker for all of Aronofsky's films.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 01:33 PM

I have no idea where they started, but I am fine with all of those, I can accept them... it is the really obnoxious ones that bother me.

Such as:

bak
cmiw
dnbl8
hth
ltnt

and all the other assorted ones out there that are appearing everywhere.

TTYL. bigsmile

I don't even know what those mean.
I rarely use acronyms or shorthand, for goodness knows what reason.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 01:26 PM

I'm probably the only one that actually thinks about these things, but I wonder exactly where some of the internet and texting acronyms came from.
Lol, I can see I suppose.
But.. rofl? Really, nobody actually rolls around on the floor laughing. Wait, do they?
Brb.. That one I can see too.
Hb.. nobody ever really says hurry back.
I just wonder who was the first person to actually start internet acronyms.

It was either me......during a drunkin stupor.....

Or it was Al Gore!!!!!

I'm goin with.......Al!!!!!!

bigsmile

BRB

slaphead Silly me. Of course it was Al Gore.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 01:25 PM
Manic.
I love finding independent movies that are decent that I haven't seen before.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 01:23 PM
I'm probably the only one that actually thinks about these things, but I wonder exactly where some of the internet and texting acronyms came from.
Lol, I can see I suppose.
But.. rofl? Really, nobody actually rolls around on the floor laughing. Wait, do they?
Brb.. That one I can see too.
Hb.. nobody ever really says hurry back.
I just wonder who was the first person to actually start internet acronyms.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 01:19 PM

Sure, it kinda sucks to start over. But there are upsides.

rofl rofl rofl

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 01:09 PM

My biggest gripe with the adaptation is the cheesy spider like justme mentioned. The cast was decent and had good chemistry(both adult and kids)

Even though it also took many liberties, the best TV adaptation from a King book for me is Tobe Hooper's Salem's Lot.

But The Running Man made way too many changes that it barely even resembles the book it's adapted from.

Considering how many of his films have been adapted I think King has had a really good track record of films- Carrie, The Shining, Dead Zone, Stand By Me, Misery, Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile, Delores Claiborne....

Wasn't Dreamcatcher a Stephen King?

I still watch Stand by Me. Love that movie.

I was going to mention Dreamcatcher, however I think it was absolutely horrible compared to the book. However there were comical moments, like when Morgan Freeman declared "We'll get those as* weasels" or whatever he actually said.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 12:46 PM
Oh and I love The Original Bride of Frankenstein. I actually have a reprint movie poster of it.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 12:44 PM
I totally left out old horror movies, aside from Hitchcock I'd be here all day, lol.
I totally forgot about Arsenic and Old Lace. I love love love that movie.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 12:41 PM

I already cleaned out my fridge, and freezer. I also dyed a spot in my hair I missed. I put laundry in the washer, and later I'm going to Whole Foods to get gluten free bread. Then later me and a friend are probably going to watch a movie.
I feel somewhat productive.

shocked surprised Whole Foods? So, you have to go to a whole different store to get partial food? frustrated

Lol.Apparently anything that isn't healthy for you isn't whole. noway

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 12:25 PM
I already cleaned out my fridge, and freezer. I also dyed a spot in my hair I missed. I put laundry in the washer, and later I'm going to Whole Foods to get gluten free bread. Then later me and a friend are probably going to watch a movie.
I feel somewhat productive.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 11:54 AM
Some I love
I Remember Mama.
Harvey.
Rebecca.
Gaslight.
Rear Window.
Who Shot Liberty Valence.
Shop Around The Corner.
Young At Heart.
North By Northwest.
The Glenn Miller Story.
Breakfast at Tiffany's.
The Philadelphia Story.
African Queen.
12 Angry Men.
Mr. Smith Goes to Washington.
To name just a few.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 11:13 AM

ANY PLANS OUT THERE FOR YOUR VALENTINE'S DAY??

Yep, watching My Bloody Valentine.

Same, along with Valentine Day with Denise Richards.Lol that movie is hilarious.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 10:17 AM
It was before my mom was born too, however.. I was still raised on old movies. I absolutely love them.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 09:46 AM

hot pink n purple stripes now that would be hot
Yup,

if I take the leap,

this is where im going...

You should do it, it would look awesome on you.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 09:01 AM
There's only one thing I love as much as horror movies, and David Lynch movies. That would have to be older movies. (Anything before 1960)
What's your favorite?

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 08:56 AM
Quit looking at me like I'm the weirdest thing on the planet. Stop judging people. I hear the random and weird sounds through the wall next door. You aren't perfect.

no photo
Sat 01/21/12 08:47 AM

Hey Ash, dye it plaid..........
no he should do hot pink with purple stripes

noway Then nobody would be able to tell me and him apart.