Community > Posts By > Kevin

Kevin's photo
Mon 07/03/23 04:42 PM
I like to meet ASAP. You can talk for months and waste your time, only to find there is zero chemistry in person. Meeting does not commit you to anything, but it sure weeds out the poor prospects really fast.

Kevin's photo
Wed 06/14/23 01:52 PM
I've dated women from many countries and cultures. I haven't encountered any serious incompatibilities, and many of the differences are refreshing and interesting. About the only thing I consider as a potential deal-breaker are significant difference in religious belief or dogma.

Kevin's photo
Sun 03/26/23 03:52 PM
What's normal? If about 25% or more of men have affairs, that seems normal. It doesn't make it acceptable, though! About 20% or more of women have affairs, so that's also "normal," but not acceptable. Affairs are so common, that they're normal human behavior.

Kevin's photo
Sun 03/26/23 03:49 PM
That's an automatic breakup, whether you're the second gf or the second bf. Of course, the scenario implies that this wasn't discussed ahead of time! If you discussed it and agreed, you'd already know, and probably would identify as polyamorous.

Kevin's photo
Sun 03/26/23 03:46 PM
While it lasts, there's really no difference. It's when things do NOT last that not being married makes things much easier and often cheaper.

Kevin's photo
Thu 07/14/22 03:25 PM
Not all cheat, but just as many women cheat now.

Kevin's photo
Sat 07/09/22 03:50 PM
Some flirting is innocent. However, it really depends on how your spouse views it. We don't have any concerns about flirting, so are free to do so if we wish.

Kevin's photo
Mon 02/21/22 10:28 AM
Sex is rewarding without love. Love is satisfying without sex. Both are better when both are involved.

Kevin's photo
Mon 02/21/22 10:25 AM

Friends with benefits is bad because sometimes feelings comes out

They also do in relationships. Are those bad too?

FWB can lead to having feelings, but sometimes those are reciprocated. I have had several FWB relationships where no one got hurt, we both got what we wanted, and in one case developed a long term relationship.

Besides, how is dating all that different? Most dating starts casually and often leads to breakup;
one person may have greater feelings and is more hurt. No different than FWB.

I think it's only bad to enter into FWB if you already have strong feelings for someone, because you are not agreeing to it honestly.

Kevin's photo
Mon 02/21/22 10:20 AM
Cheating is a coward's response to a problem. Either fix it, divorce, or honestly negotiate an open relationship. Those are all harder, but they are ethical responses to a problem.

Kevin's photo
Fri 01/28/22 02:18 PM
I've had open relationships, and they are VERY difficult to keep balanced. On the other hand, poly relationships work far better, and my experience with those has been longer lasting and much more satisfying all around.

Kevin's photo
Mon 01/10/22 07:14 AM
We've had an open relationship in some form for over 21 years, but haven't always acted on it or had other partners all the time. When we first met we were dating others, and that became a polyamorous arrangement for several years. Later, we tried swinging, which was a lot of fun and something we usually did together (occasionally playing alone). We still do that occasionally, and also during that time we've had our own separate lovers. I had a fairly regular FWB for over 8 years. My wife had a couple of guys she saw occasionally during that same time. We knew and sometimes socialized with these people as well. We did not have a don't ask/don't tell policy - we always kept each other informed to some degree.

It worked for us - and still does.

Kevin's photo
Fri 10/15/21 02:06 PM
I prefer to date within 10 years of my age. However, I have dated a bit older, and much younger. I had a FWB relationship for 10 years with someone 27 years younger.

Kevin's photo
Tue 08/24/21 08:23 AM
I've been in several successful poly relationships for over 20 years. There is a lot of misinformation and bias displayed in most posts in this thread, no doubt out of ignorance and bias as relatively few people have actually experienced a poly relationship.

Kevin's photo
Tue 02/02/21 02:18 PM
Happily in an open or poly "marriage" seems best for me.

Kevin's photo
Sat 07/11/20 06:07 PM
Choose both, if both are okay with that. Some people are polyamorous and can love more than one at a time.

Kevin's photo
Sat 05/02/20 04:40 PM
Marriage without sex is the only sin.

Kevin's photo
Fri 12/27/19 11:09 AM

The opposite of monogamy is not polyarmory but polygamy. Poly-armory is sexercises more than one person, in other words, it's about sex.

Sorry, but you are totally ignorant of the facts.

Kevin's photo
Thu 12/26/19 03:35 PM
I've been in polyamorous relationships for various periods of time over a couple of decades. As long as the people (potentially) involved have knowledge and give consent, it's moral, ethical, and not cheating.

Kevin's photo
Thu 12/26/19 09:21 AM
Before AND after. Yes, please!

Previous 1