Community > Posts By > sara89

sara89's photo
Wed 09/17/08 12:06 PM

Yay for you!!! It's great things are going better for you.

Best of luck to you.flowers

From one St. Louis girl to another.:smile:

lol thanks, and i hope you are safe from the flooding!

Yes, I am. Are you?

I saw a street in the city that was flooded. Also, Manchester through Maplewood to Brentwood was flooded. Wow!!!

yes thank goodness! i live in Maryland heights on a hill lol so
im very safe!

sara89's photo
Wed 09/17/08 11:40 AM

Yay for you!!! It's great things are going better for you.

Best of luck to you.flowers

From one St. Louis girl to another.:smile:

lol thanks, and i hope you are safe from the flooding!

sara89's photo
Wed 09/17/08 11:38 AM

im excited because after nine months of being unemployed my health has improved enough that i can go back to work!!!
my job search started today and i am really hoping i can get a job soon so if i can get prayers and good vibes sent my way i would appreciate it!!!!

flowerforyou

Hey Great.....!!!

We'll certainly Keep the good words flowing here for you..:wink: biggrin

Clark

lol thanks!

sara89's photo
Wed 09/17/08 11:37 AM

im excited because after nine months of being unemployed my health has improved enough that i can go back to work!!!
my job search started today and i am really hoping i can get a job soon so if i can get prayers and good vibes sent my way i would appreciate it!!!!

thats great news, good for you!!!

thanks!!!
im happy!

sara89's photo
Wed 09/17/08 11:34 AM

sara89's photo
Fri 09/05/08 05:19 PM

yawn

indeed

sara89's photo
Fri 09/05/08 01:50 PM

was he on her life insurance policy?

rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

sara89's photo
Fri 09/05/08 01:13 PM

lol i think he will. =]

gee i sure hope so if not im sure he'd prefer my temper =D

lol

sara89's photo
Fri 09/05/08 01:01 PM
lol i think he will. =]

sara89's photo
Fri 09/05/08 12:50 PM
i like. =]

sara89's photo
Thu 09/04/08 09:14 PM

11 here in Houston waving

11 here too
Hi sara!!! How are you tonight???flowers

good howre you?

sara89's photo
Thu 09/04/08 09:03 PM

11 here in Houston waving

11 here too

sara89's photo
Thu 09/04/08 12:16 PM

i promise if i ever dirty up your sheets ill clean up the mess myself :)

um...thanks...i thinkindifferent

sara89's photo
Thu 09/04/08 11:38 AM
so here in st louis we are getting a glorious downpour of rain, the remnants of hurricane gustav, and while i love rain just as much(probably more than) the next person, when i rolled out of bed this morning i groaned.
i recently adopted a ten month old puppy from the stray rescue shelter and while he is the sweetest little dog in the world, he is also a chicken!

scared of everything and if that that isnt the worst than he also refusesto walk on a leash! i have to carry him outside and then put him on a lead connected to the fence in the backyard.

well i rolled out of bed and grabbed him, thinking to myself i would need an umbrella.

not thinking, i grabed it and tried to juggle a jumpy and rather large dog and an equally quarrlsome large umbrella while opening the door. while i succeeded in that i also managed to freak the dog out

so i struggled along to the backyard and over to the lead where i hooked them together and popped open the umbrella.

ZOOM

i dont think ive ever seen that dog run so fast in my life..and hes had his moments...

so i stand, my feet sinking in the mud trying to convice this wild thing to do his business so we can mosy inside.

the damn beast scurries over to a tree and curls up in a tiny little ball all the while giving me this heartreaking glare, as if to say..."mommy why are you doing this to me??? i thought you loved me!"

so i roll my eyes and decide its time to go in.

i start walking over and he runs around in a circle freaking out (stupid me forgot to close the umbrella) until finally i corner him in the muddiest oatch of the yard!

i grab him and the umbrella and run inside where he leaps from my arms and runs into my room under the covers, muddy paws and all.

when i finally got dried off i brought him a towel and laid him on it.

and all i could so was thank god i had this lil chicken hiding under my blankets. yes he was a pain...but i couldnt stop laughing. poor baby was scared to death and all i could do wa hug him and thank god that he ended up beiong adopted by me

i mean really..who else would laugh at all the mess lol

sara89's photo
Tue 09/02/08 07:21 PM

Life holds many lessons for us to learn...
Death tells us when we know enough or do not need to know any more..

People create, and destroy..
Animals other then ourselves give meaning to life for them aswell as others..

Each year..
We expand and decrease and repeat and repeat..

What do words mean to you?

both savior and destroyer
i write to find my peace
drowning in my words
begging for release

sara89's photo
Tue 09/02/08 07:21 PM

Life holds many lessons for us to learn...
Death tells us when we know enough or do not need to know any more..

People create, and destroy..
Animals other then ourselves give meaning to life for them aswell as others..

Each year..
We expand and decrease and repeat and repeat..

What do words mean to you?

both savior and destroyer
i write to find my peace
drowning in my words
begging for release

sara89's photo
Tue 09/02/08 03:33 PM
stare at my five new pairs of socks and I am filled with a sort of giddy excitement that most people just wouldn’t get. I lay them out with an awe filled reverence and examine each pair with academic precision. I have two pairs that are a dusty blue shade. I have a pair that is dark blue with white and powder blue polka dots and a pair of dark and powder blue strips. The last pair is completely dark blue with powder blue toes heel and a strip on the ankle.
And they are all mine.
I want to wear all five pairs at once but I know I have to limit myself to only one, and so I stare, picking each pair up and smoothing it with my hands, studying each side until I feel like I have memorized each stitch. I feel the texture and I find myself deeply in love with them all.
Finally I decide on the very last pair, the ones with the powder blue heels, and I hesitate. These are my socks. Brand new and beautiful.
After a few minutes I gather my courage and slip them on, my feet now covered in softness. I sigh.
Who would think that socks could be considered a luxury item? But its been months since I have had a new pair and these were a gift from my aunt. Funny but she probably didn’t even think twice about buying them. They were just something that was an every day type thing and she probably doesn’t know that if she were in the same room with me right now I would smother her in hugs for them.
To me these symbolize a new stage in my life. A stage where I don’t feel guilty for needing something or for asking for them. A stage where I realize that its ok to need and want and that I now have people who love me. I have finally come to accept that I can live my life actually living instead of just surviving.
I am finally letting go of my grief. I am finally learning the difference between forgiving and letting myself be torn apart by a sense of obligation. I am learning to be strong and to protect myself. And I have finally begun to accept the idea that maybe, just maybe life holds more than fear and pain.
Yes, these are only socks to some people, but to me they hold a much greater meaning, and tonight I shall snuggle up with my puppy and watch a movie with my feet nested in my new pair of socks.

sara89's photo
Mon 09/01/08 01:18 AM
man wrote the bible, thus man is resposible for all that is in the bible, thus it is unreliable.

if god makes himself known to people in his own then who is to say that it is through th bible? or through religion?
why cant it be through what people have to learn by themselves through what they have seen of the world and what they have come to believe by themselves.

and why in order to get to heaven do you only have to believe in that jesus died? anyone can say yes, i believe jesus diedforme. and if that is the case then noone has to worry aout their sins because as long as they say what i did was wrong please fogive me.

the idea of having jesus die for oursins is only to give a scapegoat to people who dont want to be held responsible for their actions.

sara89's photo
Mon 09/01/08 01:12 AM

Although I am of the opinion that the proffered scenario is a good illustration of the absurdity of the hard-line christian doctrine, ya gotta admit that this is a VERY good point.

I don't think it's a good point at all.

To not believe in something is not at all the same as rejecting it.

What really amazes me is that people seem to be totally ok with Jesus being THAT stupid!

I'm only a mere mortal man and I know better than that.

If run off and play hide & seek and never fullfill any of the promises I made before I left, could I really blame people for not believing in me?

Absoltuely NOT. There's no connection at all. I'd have to be a completely moron to think that way. And Jesus is no exemption to that same conclusion.

The whole idea that non-belief equates to rejection is utterly groundless and without merit.

So, no, I don't agree with Eljay's response. It's totally unsound and without merit.

Well - it's your hypothetical situation, so I suppose you can have any illogical premise be true that you wish. So - she didn't believe in Jesus, yet didn't reject him - now how did she not get to heaven again?

Oh, right - she was playing hide and seek with Jesus.

That idea is surely worth merit.

laugh laugh laugh

according to the situation she didnt get into heaven because he didnt worship him/didnt believe in the tripe that the bible pours out and people call religion.
the idea that she didnt go to heaven has no merit because it doesnt make sense, as the points have been clearly made throughout this disscussion.

sara89's photo
Mon 09/01/08 01:07 AM

Here is a child of God asking God what is necessary for him to do in order to inherit eternal life.

And God said to him: Keep the commandments. And the child said to the Almighty: "Which?" Now, if there ever has been an opportunity given to the Almighty to furnish a man of an inquiring mind with the necessary information upon that subject, here was the opportunity.

"He said unto him, which? And Jesus said: Thou shalt do no murder; thou shalt not commit adultery; thou shalt not steal; thou shalt not bear false witness; honor thy father and mother; and thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

He did not say to him: "You must believe in me that I am the only begotten son of the living God."
He did not say: "You must be born again."
He did not say: "You must believe the Bible."
He did not say: "You must remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy."
He simply said: "Thou shalt do no murder. Thou shalt not commit adultery. Thou shalt not steal. Thou shalt not bear false witness. Honor thy father and thy mother; and thou shalt love thy neighbor as thyself."

Again, can it be more clear than that?? Why would Jesus lie to this person and tell him something OTHER than what he needed for salvation? Does this make ANY impact on you?

You are so right!

Jesus simply doesn't support what Christian try to claim.

It's the Christians who are the liars! Behead them all! devil

I have always maintained that Jesus himself was a liar. He says numerous times that all your prayers will be answered.

Thats not true.

But I think, James, thats a little harsh ... I mean, beheading is a little archaic and unnecessary

Can we crucify them instead? bigsmile

i was told tht god always answers prayers, but that sometims the answer is no.
so it just depends on how you interpet answering,
does god give you everything you ask for just ecause you asked for it, or does he use his judgement to decide if its in your best interest?

1 2 6 7 8 10 12 13 14 24 25