Community > Posts By > JBTHEMILKER

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/05/07 04:01 PM
The church I go to was snowed out tonight. The policy is that when the schools are closed or close early for the weather, the Awana children’s program is called off. It is just 22 miles and the roads are good. I would have gone for it. But they said there will be no church tonight. Tonight the Just Say Hi crowd is my church. I have already read some good sermons.
Now I would like some fellowship. Someone write to me.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/05/07 03:44 PM
In western Maryland we had the first snow today. It is about three inches. The snow makes me want to be back in Colorado or even New Hampshire. I like snow. Here they have no use for it.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/05/07 02:39 PM
I am looking for someone to cook up Britty's dishes for me.
Anyone willing to cook that up for me?

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/05/07 04:10 AM
I need a good friend.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Wed 12/05/07 04:02 AM
drownd the hamburger in whole garlic cloves

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 05:56 PM
I lived in Greely, Loveland, Longmont, Hot Springs and Durango.
Western Maryland now. Not near as nice.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 05:06 PM
I felt like I got a great deal today to fill up for just $2.89 per gallon. I paid $3.01 last tank. Thank You God for a car that will go 20+ miles a a gallon of gas.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 05:00 PM
Coco, I love that picture.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 04:57 PM
I enjoy the music around Christmas. I like to sing the old familiar Christmas carols. I love going to see and hear the Christmas performances at the other churches. They all do a wonderful job. Christmas for me is centered around the church. I have no family to celebrate the birth of Christ with.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 04:44 PM
I was sure as I started to read this that I had read it before.
Merry Cristmas to all.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 04:41 PM
Once again our stray cat lady has hit the nail on the head. flowerforyou I love it when she makes me think.:heart:

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 04:33 PM
Maybe I am just the devil’s advocate tonight. I think that the music you allow yourself to listen to shows in part who you are. If a person insists on listening to music with profanity or a tribal beat, one might wonder about how highly they esteem God to be. Ideally, I would like to limit myself to all music that brings glory to God.
At times at work one of the other contractors will have the radio playing. To me, that music sounds like it is inspired by Satan himself. My response is to pray for the salvation of those who choose that kind of trash to listen to.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 03:35 AM
Today is a day the lord hath made. Lord, I ask that You enable me to rejoice and be glad in this day.
Geography is one of my favorite topics. I would love to take a class on where things are. There was a time when I would boast that I have been within 50 miles of where you live. In most cases this is true. I have been blessed in that I have traveled far and wide. I have covered this country and our neighbor to the North in fine detail, criss-crossing the country each week and being able t pick and choose the routes I would take.
I know from my own experience, that the best way to learn geography is to go to each of the places you are asked to study, see the people, find it on the map and navigate there. Find out what is next to it, what is the character of the place.
Right now I seem to be anchored to a solid rock as it were. Hard to keep up on what is where when the vista from where I am is stagnant. I have a longing to get out and go again. Give me a lap top and a credit card, and off I go. My feet itch. Four five years a lugged an Olivetti typewriter in my knapsack. If I was to light out today, I would want to have word processing.
I have a hankering to travel the highways and byways of the Bible. That would be a geography lesson that I am just not getting from looking at the maps. Wouldn’t it be great to travel the route of Jesus and of Saul from Tarsus, later Paul? Then when we read the scriptures, we would know what they were referring to. God, I ask for wisdom. I ask to be used by You. You have given me many wonderful experiences. I ask that my life not be wasted painting homes for the immigrants who are flooding this part of the world. I ask, if it is your will Lord, that You give me a new geography lesson, and that I, like Jesus and Paul, will be asked to go out to the uttermost parts of the earth and spread You gospel message.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 03:17 AM
Proverbs 11:12.
He that is void of wisdom despiseth his neighbour: but a man of understanding holdeth his peace.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Tue 12/04/07 02:59 AM
No need to wish us a "happy holidays". Go ahead and say what you mean. Merry Christamas to one and all.

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/03/07 05:56 PM
fall down

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/03/07 05:35 PM
In sideout

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/03/07 05:34 PM
in box

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/03/07 05:12 PM
how great how great is our god

JBTHEMILKER's photo
Mon 12/03/07 04:45 PM
Proverbs 10:14
Wise men lay up knowledge: but the mouth of the foolish is near destruction.

1 2 7 8 9 10 12 14 15