Community > Posts By > Seamus

no photo
Thu 12/24/20 05:32 AM
I also find that, if I'm having a conversation with my 'phone lying around, I get adverts related to what I was talking about.

no photo
Thu 12/24/20 05:26 AM
Well, I was just about to wrap the last of the Christmas presents that I'll be giving out tomorrow. That was before Gomez brought in a live mouse and then lost it in my bedroom. Eventually I rescued it and let it go, hopefully no worse for the ordeal.
Back to wrapping then :rolling_eyes:.

no photo
Thu 12/24/20 02:52 AM
1c (feels like -3c). Rising to 3c and falling overnight to -4c. Cloudy, with a light 16kph N wind and a 50% chance of rain this afternoon.

no photo
Wed 12/23/20 11:38 AM

Tremors: Shriekers Island.
Definitely the best since tremors 4.

Cool! I didn't know they were still making them. I will definitely watch this!

It pays knowing homage to Jurassic Park, Predator and even Aliens (Burt Gummer with a flame-thrower) but it's a fun film.

no photo
Wed 12/23/20 05:28 AM
Tremors: Shriekers Island.
Definitely the best since tremors 4.

no photo
Wed 12/23/20 02:31 AM
3c (feels like -2c). Rising to 5c and falling to -1c overnight. Cloudy, with a moderate 27kph NE wind and a 60%chance of rain this evening.

no photo
Tue 12/22/20 02:50 AM
3c (feels like 1c) rising to 6c and falling to 2c overnight. Cloudy, with an 80% chance of rain this evening and a light 6kph SW wind.

no photo
Mon 12/21/20 05:20 PM
Thanks for the digest. It certainly seems that the new variant is about in several places now. It's horrifying to consider that the UK Government have effectively spread this new Covid by panicking people into leaving London and taking it with them slaphead

no photo
Mon 12/21/20 01:14 PM
Unfortunately my antivirus software tells me that the report isn't safe to download. I'm aware of the irony :slight_smile:.

no photo
Mon 12/21/20 08:45 AM
Top German Covid Expert Pours Scorn on Boris Johnson's 'Mutant Strain claims, saying: "Politicians simply called it 70% more infectious".

Christian Dorsten, the Director of Virology at Berlin's Charite Hospital also said that it was unclear whether the surge in cases in Kent and the Southeast was really caused by the new strain at all.

"Show us the Evidence".

Scientists call for clarity on claims that new Covid-19 variant is 70% more infectious.

Carl Heneghan, Professor of Evidence Based Medicine at Oxford University's Nuffield Department of Primary Care, expressed scepticism over the 70% figure.

"I've been doing this job for 25 years and I can tell you that you can't establish a quantifiable number in such a short time frame".

He added: "Every expert is saying that it's too early to draw such an inference. Failure to put out the basis of the figures is undermining public trust.
They are fitting the data to the evidence. They see cases rising and they are looking for evidence to explain it".

The Daily Mail.

no photo
Mon 12/21/20 05:33 AM
:laughing:.

no photo
Mon 12/21/20 03:39 AM

6c (feels like 3c) rising to 10c and falling back to 3c overnight. Cloudy, with a light 13kph E wind.
On this, the shortest day of the Year, we have 7 hours and 25 minutes of day light, of which, we now have 4 hours and 58 minutes remaining.

Guess I gotta make the most of daylight today then bigsmile

:thumbsup:. Well, at least we're making the journey back into the light half of the year again :slight_smile:.

no photo
Mon 12/21/20 03:07 AM
X marks the spot. "You are Here".

no photo
Mon 12/21/20 02:58 AM

what do all that celcius talk mean?

It's a Decimal temperature scale with 100c being the temperature that water boils under standard pressure and 0c being the point where water freezes.
There's a conversion method between the two scales (Farenheit and Celsius) but I can't quite remember what it is at the moment :slight_smile:.

no photo
Mon 12/21/20 02:51 AM
6c (feels like 3c) rising to 10c and falling back to 3c overnight. Cloudy, with a light 13kph E wind.
On this, the shortest day of the Year, we have 7 hours and 25 minutes of day light, of which, we now have 4 hours and 58 minutes remaining.

no photo
Sun 12/20/20 07:22 AM
I think that's something you would have to ask the man in question, rather than generalising to include all of us.

no photo
Sun 12/20/20 06:55 AM

All I can say is that I'm glad that it isn't something really dangerous like the Spanish Flu because their response would have been equally woeful.

Well, if there truly is a mutation it likely is too early days to tell whether or not it is as dangerous as Spanish flu?

I'm not sure where to stand with the news of a new strain. Is it really true, which is very possible with a virus, or is it all a scam to get people scared and run for the vaccine?

No matter what, it does mean we will be stuck with this lockdown & face mask chit for quite some time to come...

At this point, I'm not sure that we can trust anything that we're being told and that is certainly worse for society than the pandemic. :slight_frown:

no photo
Sun 12/20/20 04:57 AM
All I can say is that I'm glad that it isn't something really dangerous like the Spanish Flu because their response would have been equally woeful.

no photo
Sun 12/20/20 04:24 AM
And what was the completely foreseeable result of the new restrictions?

"Thousands of people flee London".

So, thanks to everyone now spreading this new strain of Covid-19 and thanks to our Government for ensuring that this happened.

no photo
Sun 12/20/20 02:54 AM
5c (feels like 2c). Rising to 7c and falling to 4c overnight. Raining, with a moderate 16kph S wind.

1 2 3 4 6 8 9 10 24 25