Community > Posts By > Seamus

no photo
Mon 01/11/21 09:13 AM
Edited by Seamus on Mon 01/11/21 09:15 AM
Some people here will still be making excuses as to why it's ok to deny some people their human rights when the "Re-education" camps open.

no photo
Mon 01/11/21 05:20 AM
5c (feels like 1c). Rising to 7c and falling to 1c overnight. Showers, with a moderate 29 km/h W wind.

no photo
Mon 01/11/21 04:47 AM
She's left the building :ghost:.

no photo
Mon 01/11/21 04:37 AM
Yes, it's odd that they should be pushing these figures that don't appear to be supported by the N.H.S. statistics. Perhaps they're trying to go for the 5,000 daily deaths that they were predicting last March that brought in the first lockdown.

no photo
Mon 01/11/21 02:18 AM
'NHS is in most dangerous situation in living history': Chris Whitty warns 'next few weeks will be worst' yet as ministers may 'only allow people to leave home ONCE a week, ban chat in supermarkets and bring in curfews' amid fears of 2,000 deaths a DAY.

This seems a little excessive to me.

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 04:44 PM
I'm not real.

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 04:34 PM
You do understand that no individual, group, consortium or corporation can have greater control or influence over a State than its legitimate Government and institutions?

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 04:20 PM
Yes, people are being convicted in the court of public opinion of wrong think and being made non-persons. Does this seem right to anyone?

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 02:39 PM
:thumbsup:.

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 10:10 AM
I think that there's very little politicians enjoy more than a crisis if it gives them a chance to take more power and abolish inconvenient rights :slight_smile:.

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 09:26 AM

May local elections could be put on hold because of corona virus with 40million voters forced to wait until as late as autumn to cast ballots.

You can stand in a "socially-distanced" queue for the supermarket but you can't stand in line to vote? I suppose this might eventually include the next "General Election" in approximately four years time?

You already have elections??? Boris barely got in place?

We have elections in May, I do hope these won't be cancelled. We need to be rid of this idiot that's running the country now. He wants to stay in power one last term. If that happens there'll be nothing left of us by the time he disappears to a well-paid EU position...

These are elections for local members of parliament and local Councils. Our General Election, where we choose a new Government, is in four years time. Still, I imagine that there's a lot at stake. Boris currently has a majority of roughly eighty over all the opposition parties but that could easily change, especially if Nigel Farage's Party puts up.a lot of candidates as he's likely to take a lot of votes from both Conservative and Labour Parties. Postponing elections sets a bad precedent, especially after all the other guaranteed freedoms that we've been denied recently. Chief of these is the right "to go about our lawful business without let or hinderence".

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 09:00 AM
May local elections could be put on hold because of corona virus with 40million voters forced to wait until as late as autumn to cast ballots.

You can stand in a "socially-distanced" queue for the supermarket but you can't stand in line to vote? I suppose this might eventually include the next "General Election" in approximately four years time?

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 08:02 AM
I have read Procopius's "Secret History". Procopius was the official Historian during the reign of Justinian but apart from his official History of Byzantium and it's wars, at great personal risk, he also wrote his "Secret History" where he details the private lives and follies of General Belasarius and his wife and Emperor Justinian and his wife.
It's a book more people should read.

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 07:52 AM

Greetings! The Vikings, Game of Thrones, powerful epics. They teach on the past. The Gladiator! Great stuff.

You do realise that all of these are fiction rather than actual history?

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 07:07 AM
Wishing you all the best and a quick recovery TG :four_leaf_clover:.

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 03:38 AM

I'm strongly reminded of the Jack Vance 'Dying Earth' short story: "Ulan Dhor".

Hmmmmm ,I don't know ? It kind of reminded me of that beloved classic The Cat in the Hat by Dr Seuss

AHH, Thing One and Thing Two.

no photo
Sun 01/10/21 02:45 AM
2c (feels like 0c). Rising to 5c and falling to 4c overnight. Foggy, with a 40% chance of rain this evening and a light 8km/h SE wind.

no photo
Sat 01/09/21 09:58 AM
Very cute :thumbsup:.

no photo
Sat 01/09/21 08:22 AM
I'm strongly reminded of the Jack Vance 'Dying Earth' short story: "Ulan Dhor".

no photo
Sat 01/09/21 05:01 AM
Anything silent.

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 24 25