Community > Posts By > Jackie76

Jackie76's photo
Sat 01/05/08 08:36 AM
I was reading what y'all said and one of my first thoughts were, what happened to just taking care of your responsibilites?
I have three kids with my ex and for the longest time i did it alone with him only having every other weekend. If i asked him to take them so I could run some errands, he had a life. Lucky him..... Now tho the kids are supposed to be with each of us during the week. Cannot tell you how many times I have the two youngest because they have things to do. As much as it frustrates me, i love my kids and have to the urge to do whatever i can.

Jackie76's photo
Wed 01/02/08 11:00 AM
So one night my roommate and I were making dinner and one of the many kids that are in the house came and started looking for something. He told her he was looking for the boner knife and then found the paring knife. We laughed so hard, despite our attempts to be the adults.

Jackie76's photo
Mon 12/31/07 09:34 PM
that was funny. Thanks i needed the laught 2nite

Jackie76's photo
Sat 12/29/07 07:32 PM
Might be and then maybe not.....the kids will be here tho. And the dog,cannot forget him. Might be doing other things when the clock hits 12

Jackie76's photo
Thu 12/27/07 06:31 PM
So I have gotten those single dads that dont mind the fact that i have three of them under ten (6, 8, 9). The problem is that after a few times of talking to them, the calls stop. I know life happens but its frustrating when I want to get to know someone and nothing happens. Maybe dating with kids is the worlds biggest illlusion.

Jackie76's photo
Wed 12/26/07 01:02 PM
I have been the one at home waiting and wishing i knew who the other person was. I think that ppl that have affairs on the side on their own emotional roller coaster.

Jackie76's photo
Sat 12/22/07 11:53 PM
so naughty that i could see a tail coming out of hiding

Jackie76's photo
Thu 12/20/07 10:41 PM
frazzled

Jackie76's photo
Mon 12/17/07 02:47 PM
I have three kids with my ex-husband and i have been on both sides of the fence.
There were times that his gf/second wife (now ex) was more important, and got involved in our discussions regarding our children. In the end he would bow out of his responsibilites. That is hard to explain to a child, no matter how old.
Now, the kids are with both parents equal time with both of us.
Sometimes, there are parents that dont want their kids unless it works for them. SO dont look so hard on those ppl who feel differently, who knows what has happened to them.

Jackie76's photo
Sun 12/16/07 10:50 AM
I have three that did not want to go to sleep on their own. Just remember that you are his mom and you need to what is right for you and your son.
I agree with Sum, rock him back to sleep to let him know that he is safe. There will come a time that he will prefer his friends over you, tell you know on everything, so just enjoy this time with him.

Jackie76's photo
Thu 12/13/07 07:46 PM
sunburned
seventeen
severe
science

Jackie76's photo
Tue 12/11/07 08:54 AM
So today is my roommates twins bday...........they sure have come a long way. When my family and I moved in, the kids were testing me and my kids were in chaos. THankfully, with consistency and the same rules for all the kids, mornings are a snap. Sometimes I feel like a broken record saying the same things over and over.
One of our kids are on Abilify, and food is a battle until late in the evening. We have a time where no one is allowed in the kitchen. THat works sometimes. Any ideas on how to slow it down would be a help.........

Jackie76's photo
Mon 12/10/07 07:09 PM
So tonight, only have my oldest ( dad has the other 2, joint custody and all) and I love the almost silence. He is playing with my roommates three boys, all of whom are ADD/ADHD and bipolar. Sometimes the best way to describe it is a 6 ringed circus, without having the popcorn, LOL.
There are always those ppl that look at these kids and think we are crazy. IN truth thou, we have fixed the issues of daycare and those times when there is no one to help. We covered all the bases. I am thinking about looking an evening job, just so I can leave them all at home sometimes.

Jackie76's photo
Sun 12/09/07 12:30 AM
Hey ya'll,
I admire all y'all that have battled several issues at the same time. Sometimes my boys are ehough for me, and I suspect that my daughter ( middle child) may also have a mild form of ADHD. She is the sweetest thing, but once she is mad, it can last for hours. I thougt I was safe b/c there were no symptons that the boys showed early, now I am not so sure.
I have solved the daycare thing by working out of my house. I also frequent their school at least twice a week. Sad thing is though, in my son's K class there are 25 students. 6 of them are ADHD. I make a point to going on his field trips because it is my job as his mother. but also because I know how hard he can be sometimes.

Jackie76's photo
Fri 12/07/07 07:09 PM
As the mother of three school age kids, I agree with you completely. It seems like the funding for the schools is being cut a little at a time, leaving holes which will hinder our kids. A class that would allow to problem solve would be a much needed bonus, and in turn would encourage more parental involvment.

Jackie76's photo
Sun 12/02/07 01:20 PM
Its true that there are numerous things that dont appeal to everyone. That said, we are all ppl and if we look at ourselves and think that we are fine, then how can we look at someone else (who smokes, drinks, is a little heavy, etc.) and say that there are not up to our standards.

For those that think they are the next best thing next to God, well there is more than likely more flaws then will ever be admitted, or fixed for that matter

Jackie76's photo
Sun 12/02/07 10:19 AM
LMAOlaugh laugh

Jackie76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 09:47 AM
Just ran across this and it caught my eye. I have three kids that are 9, 8, and 6. Two of them are ADHD, one is on meds and one is not, There are days that my youngest makes me wonder why I am not bald.....Over the years, I have gone thru daycare providers cause they say he is too hard to handle. I have solved part of the problem and work out of my house.

Jackie76's photo
Sat 12/01/07 09:40 AM
laugh How true is that sometimes, but I laughed the entire time that I was reading this

Jackie76's photo
Sun 11/25/07 12:01 AM
dont foget to lock the door behind you!