Community > Posts By > RAYM

RAYM's photo
Mon 10/27/08 02:21 PM
I haven't been on here in a few. Just wanted to say hey and see if there is anyone out there.

RAYM's photo
Tue 09/23/08 11:20 AM
Douglasville villa rica area.

RAYM's photo
Tue 09/23/08 10:50 AM
Anyone experiencing a gas crunch out there. Where I live in GA there's no gas. Just plastic bags wrapped around nozzles. Is it just us or anyone else dealing with it?

RAYM's photo
Sun 09/21/08 06:24 PM
Thanks guys. I will read over and over your advice.My friend understands that I can't support two families forever.Our friendship will not end even if his stay in my house does. My daughter will always come first.I realize of course that I can't help someone at the risk of my family.I wanted to hear any and all options. He has been to the churches and a few were able to help, but most can't. They line of people in need is so very long. Pray for all these people please. I guess you guys have told me what deep down I've known. I know I can't help everyone but I can't help but be dissappointed in my limitations. Now the tough part comes.You are all great for taking the time.Thank you, sincerely.

RAYM's photo
Sun 09/21/08 04:53 PM

You sound like a true friend. Invite your friend out for a beer & explain your own situation. Maybe he has family that can help or he can apply for assistance from the state. Perhaps your house would qualify for section 8? Put your heads together & see what you can come up with.
Sometimes even a township trustee will help with back rent and utilities...I wish everyone concerned the very best and friends always understand...good luck to you
Township trustee? Sorry to appear ignorant here. I've never dealt with any of these issues before.Thanks again.

RAYM's photo
Sun 09/21/08 04:41 PM
Thank you guys for your thoughts.If it was just him it would be simpler for me.The woman and children are my concern. His family can't help.He always had to help them.My house is a 3br/2ba. My daughter and I and them is too much for the house.He has applied to the fast food chains. I know because I drove him.I am afraid the only option will be for them to leave and me move back in.But where will they go?I will explore the section 8 thing any further advice there? How do I go about it.Thank you so much, it helps to hear from you guys.

RAYM's photo
Sun 09/21/08 04:09 PM
I'm in a tight with a long time friend.We've been friends 20 years and he worked under me 10 of those.He has always been there through the really tough times.A genuinely good person.Well,last year him and his wife took on two kids that weren't thiers. I respect and love them for that.They lived in the city in a neighborhood that wasn't the best place to raise kids.At the time my parents were going through some health issues that could possibly be life threatening.They are elderly and I needed to be there a great deal.Long story short, I decided to get an apartment real close to my folks and rent my house to my friend. The mortgage payment was lower than thier rent in the city so they could afford it. They intended to buy within the year.And then things changed.He lost his job several monthes ago and thier living on his wife's income only.At first they could pay the bills by juggling.I would bring groceries by,etc. I'm sure he would do the same.Then came the late payments, half payments, and finally, the I just don't have it.He has applied everywhere and if my business was not in its infancy he would have a job with me. But it has taken its toll on me. Paying for an apartment and a house and the business has dwindled my bank account and I'm living week by week again. Thier finances are so messed up now that there's no way they can buy the house. I can't sell it even if they weren't there because of the market here.And it's time to re-up the apartment.The obvious answer would be to move back in myself. But realize there is a woman and two kids there ,I can't put them on the street.And he may find a job tomorrow.But he may not.He has money coming from a retirement plan in Feb.But I'm worried now.Any thoughts?

RAYM's photo
Sun 09/21/08 02:36 PM
laugh I absolutely loved that. Thanks.

RAYM's photo
Sun 09/21/08 02:00 PM
My prayers go out to the whole family. Tragic.

RAYM's photo
Sun 09/21/08 01:46 PM
Totally agree. Let's keep our kids safe whether they like it or not. Times have changed and not for the better. And it only takes a second to lose your world.

RAYM's photo
Sun 09/21/08 01:10 PM

I just came from a football game with my daughter, and my boyfriend. They were both joking with me cause I dont' know alot about football but am trying to learn, and have been for awile.. well my "boyfriend" was mouthing off and was joking with this lady who was sitting close to us, he said "she (meaning me) doesn't know anything about football, then he added, actually she doesn't know anything about anything." I immediately lost it..told him the relationship was over and that was that....when we came home from the game, I sent him on his way...and I meant it...am I being too harsh? or should I let it go? I think it was callous and inconsiderate and shows what he is made of...need you know your opinions...pls.
I respect your actions.That was a degrading comment.You don't disrespect your lady in public.Period.And in front of your daughter.I believe you were learning the game to be closer to him and that's admirable in my eyes.I also think you know more about football than you think, sometimes you gotta drop back and punt.Good show.He's the ignorant one.Take care.

RAYM's photo
Sat 09/20/08 10:36 AM

You need someone that has that in common with you. Your children shouldn't change your self esteem for the worse, it should be for the better. The attention they need should make you stronger and you end up a more loving mother for that. Someone will recognize that for sure..
Listen to this man. He makes sense.flowerforyou

RAYM's photo
Sat 09/20/08 10:27 AM

If love were easy to find it wouldn't be so special.
never were truer words spoken

RAYM's photo
Fri 09/19/08 12:13 PM

i am a single mom, finding it very difficult to find a man in my area
I'm sure most single parents can relate to that. I certainly can.Don't lose hope though.And definately do not lower your standards. I've spent the past several years looking for a good woman.I quit, figured it'll happen when it happens.Just recently met a wonderful person on this site.Out of the blue and by chance.Not in my area, though.That's the next hurdle. Point is it'll happen. Keep your chin up and your hopes high.There are good people still out there.

RAYM's photo
Wed 09/17/08 02:23 PM
I believe every child DESERVES two parents who need THEM.A child looking out the window hoping their parent decides to come see them is so heart breaking to me.I experienced this with my daughter and stepdaughter while I was still married. You can't tell your kids what the other parent is doing or vent to them. Especially if the other parent is the same sex as the kid.Always remember kids idolize thier parents even the bad ones and they may think it's how they should be. Keep hoping though. A few years later and I can allow my ex to get my girl every other week for a whole week. Any of the bull***t it goes back. People get off track sometimes. And sometimes they find their way again.Sometimes.As far as raising a child of the opposite sex; I can't be a good example of a woman for her,but I can try to be a good example of a man. I can treat every lady like I would want my daughter treated and hope she sees. For now I tell her she can have all the boyfriends she wants, they make good soup.

RAYM's photo
Tue 09/16/08 04:00 PM
I think you are a lucky charm. Pretty girl just winked at me:wink: .

RAYM's photo
Tue 09/16/08 03:31 PM
age is just a number to me.

RAYM's photo
Tue 09/16/08 03:21 PM
Girl, I took a look at your profile and not only are you beautiful but you are obviously very intelligent and deep. You are a "great catch":smile: I wouldn't throw you back. I'd take you home and eat you.pitchfork

RAYM's photo
Tue 09/16/08 02:24 PM
very goodflowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

RAYM's photo
Mon 09/15/08 03:47 PM
villa rica, ga here

Previous 1