Community > Posts By > butikal

butikal's photo
Sat 12/22/07 05:56 PM

I feel the same way. My daughter is with her dad away and I am home alone. Feel very depressed without my midget running around making me watch Christmas cartoons. But she will return in a few days and everything will be back to normal. :smile:

I'm sure she will miss you too, don't worry, you'll make it:wink:

butikal's photo
Sat 12/22/07 05:48 PM
It was 1992, and I had recently broke up with my girlfriend at the time. The few friends I had were away for xmas, and my family lived in another state. I had left the military a few months before, wasn't working, but was able to secure my own place. But this christmas, I was alone, unless you count xmas cards from family.
My day was spent trying not to think about all the other people celebrating with family and friends. I had never spent a christmas alone in my life, and really did not know what to do with myself. I hadn't put up a christmas tree. I hadn't put up any decorations. If a picture could have been taken at that moment in my life, it would have looked like any other winter day.
It was amazing to me the places that are still open on christmas....at the time, I thought the whole world shut down. But I did walk to a 7-11, and I ate at McDonalds. I wondered how the employees felt about working on this special day, but didn't ask. I kept my thoughts away from the holidays.
I had spent unusual christmas's before....a few years before, I spent christmas day in the middle of basic training. No decorations then, either, but I did have 50 other guys I hardly knew to keep me company. It's easier to get through tough times when others are around.
But, as I learned in the christmas of 1992, it's not impossible. It may be a bit sad, (and feel free to throw your own pity party, it is a day of celebration after all) but emotions are simply a state of mind. They do pass, and indeed my sadness did pass to the back of my mind by the time the rest of the world woke up the next day.
I did eventually get another girlfriend, and another, and another. I eventually got a job, and one after that, and another. The point is, my friends, life goes on if you let it. One day of depression is followed by a new day of happiness. You never really know what is waiting around the corner....it may not be what you want, but it will be what you need. And the final quote that I live by....If life is a game, then the only way to loose is to die, and when you pull yourself back up from being knocked down, you've earned yourself one more turn. It is these thoughts that keep me going when I'm down...everything passes with time.
This christmas will not be the best either for me. My parents and siblings live far away. I'm in the middle of a divorce of 8 years. I am pretty much by myself this time around. With the exception of the few hours I will spend with my kids that day. And I am thankful for it.

butikal's photo
Sat 12/22/07 05:05 PM

yes i do like chicken! thanks for asking!

laugh laugh laugh laugh

butikal's photo
Thu 12/20/07 10:53 AM

Here's something that is making me laugh.
This was never a conversation about Religion to begin with.

Yes, Witchcraft is a religion... and at the same time, it isn't.

Witchcraft isn't my religion. It's only something I use in my life to create things. I don't follow it's teachings nor do i worship.

I simply use magic.

laugh ok...now I feel trickedgrumble

butikal's photo
Thu 12/20/07 10:42 AM
I don't participate in any organized religion...I believe religion is a personal spiritual path. That being said, I do find attraction towards Wicca and other philosophy that Christianity does not provide for me. I don't try to advertise my beliefs, but if anyone asks, I try to explain my feelings as simply as possible. A large majority of americans are of christian beliefs, and I have no anger towards them. I understand them, and I accept them, I even sympathize with them, but I do not follow them. To me, it is not so much what your religion tells you about how to be good at it, it is more that a focus is needed to achieve the desired result....that is the truth in all religions. Sadly, many have died trying to prove whose focus is the right one. That animosity still exists today.

butikal's photo
Tue 12/18/07 05:04 PM
switch to a laser mouse...don't have to worry about cleaning your mouse ball, and most times it's more precise. best of all, it works on most anything except solid color surfaces(like glossy white paper or something like that)

butikal's photo
Tue 12/18/07 11:16 AM

Thats hilarious. And totally true. I'm starting to think MMs are just a "hook" to get people talking to someone quickly, so they don't give up on JSH after a couple of days.

more than a hook...I'm addicted for sure:tongue:

butikal's photo
Tue 12/18/07 11:14 AM
hey peachie

butikal's photo
Tue 12/18/07 11:13 AM

I believe your profile is still kicked back to the person and if they choose yes then it is still a mutual match...I think laugh

well if that's the case, I should just vote maybe on everyone...always have this fear that I'm sending someone's pic into oblivion, thoughdevil

butikal's photo
Tue 12/18/07 11:09 AM
oh, and you know what else? Where do the people that you vote "maybe" go??? real mystery to me...indifferent

butikal's photo
Tue 12/18/07 11:04 AM
Edited by butikal on Tue 12/18/07 11:07 AM
Mutual match is crazy....maybe it's my fault for the way I feel about it. I first started searching locally, within 100 miles...but when I reached the end, I opened the thing up...18 to 40 and anywhere..and now I have this never ending span of new pics flying by my screen...I feel I'm forced to vote based on looks alone because there is just so many people, and I can't resist seeing who's next and what they look like...it's a real addiction. To my benefit, I always tell myself I'll check out what they've written later, but now I have over 100 MMs. And I still haven't figured out if New Matches are people that voted yes for you or new people or people online recently. One more thing...I have accidentally clicked no, when I meant to click yes, several times...and I always say the same thing to myself..."Yep, that was my soul mate, and I just trashed her"noway

butikal's photo
Mon 12/17/07 07:41 AM
maybe they are not decieving you, but you are putting too much trust in them...I've met alot of people who I think are one way, and end up being another.

butikal's photo
Sun 12/16/07 02:16 PM
um...chocolate does wonders?flowerforyou But I do have to agree with your current bf...if it were me, I'd think you still had a thing for your ex. Therapy might help, but I hate psychiatrists so I can't suggest that. It sounds as though you still live in the past, and you're ignoring the present. If you still have your ex's things around the house, it's no wonder you're still dealing with his crap. I say get rid of the stuff and concentrate on the here and now, especially the part about your current bf.

butikal's photo
Sat 12/15/07 10:30 PM
laugh that figures

butikal's photo
Fri 12/14/07 06:21 PM
I don't think I am:wink:

butikal's photo
Fri 12/14/07 05:52 PM
because they have an agenda, of course. Media has stopped reporting the news and now tries to make up the news, whether or not that news is based in fact or not. It's sad, with so much of America believing everything they are told on the nightly news cast...when it is so obvious there is a bias in reporting. Most of the time they don't even properly research a news story before reporting it....it fits their agenda and they just run with it. But when the statistics you mentioned above are actively used to decieve people, that is beyond reporting the news.

butikal's photo
Thu 12/13/07 07:38 AM

i like "voyager" the best..

I agree...so many people were down on that show, but i love it. Plus Seven of nine really does something to me...love

butikal's photo
Wed 12/12/07 07:46 AM
Edited by butikal on Wed 12/12/07 07:47 AM

i find this question to be pretty naive...... for u must already know the answer....each and every man has their own tastes...so what does it matter? long as u feel good about yourself and whom you are....

i hear women constantly gripe about this subject <not you> .. but if u think about it.....more <not all> women seem to be more picky....

he has to be this tall
he has to have this much hair
he has to be this weight
he has to have this kind of chest<hair or none>
he has to have this kind of back<again hair or no hair>
he has to open the door for me
he has to bring me flowers

laugh laugh shall i go on?

honestly no wonder men are so freaking silent they are scared to death that something isnt going to be just right!!!! now only if they just had to worry about their weight... i think we women got it pretty easy if u ask me....laugh laugh flowerforyou flowerforyou

indifferent (this is me being silent on the issue)

butikal's photo
Wed 12/12/07 07:31 AM

well he keeps telling me that he dosent have a reason to change rite now but if i get back with him hed have a family and a reason to change but i just cant chance it! and as for the visits i dont trust him to be alone with him yet so yes i told him he can come to my house whenever he wants but our son is 6 months old and he has chose to see him 3 times... i just dont believe a word he says but my family and friends are pressuring me to give him a chance, yes i still have feelings for him but im thinkin of my sons future! thanks for the advice everyone

ok, first off he already has a reason to change...he has a son! and secondly, I think family often wants their children to be taken care of and mistakenly think that because he is the father he should be the one to do that. You're going to have to make them understand his behavior is not the best for your son. Actions speak louder than words, dear. And finally, you are a beautiful young woman and should have absolutely no trouble finding a man that fits in your life...it will all work out, just keep your head on straight and put your son's intrests first.

butikal's photo
Wed 12/12/07 07:17 AM

I've been a paralegal for twenty years working in criminal law...I can tell you right now...it never works staying together for the babies sake. if he is doing drugs, it is a matter of time before he gets busted for those drugs..if you are there, you will be arrested and that baby taken away from you. So, think twice about getting back with him until he has totally cleaned up his act.

oh..forgot about that whole guilty by association thing, she's right, watch your step around him