Community > Posts By > brvereenie

brvereenie's photo
Sat 11/10/07 07:45 PM
I don't think you owe the first girl anything! Doesn't sound like you were even dating, just had a crush. Timing is one of the tricky things. Just keep on having fun. You can keep a little spark alive for her in case the timing is right later on. But, I bet the spark will fizzle when you meet someone who is interested in reciprocating!!! love

brvereenie's photo
Thu 11/08/07 01:23 PM
In my relationship with an 11 year difference in age, I enjoyed my guy having the benefit of a few more years under his belt. He could empathize with some life things I was experiencing. But I taught him a lot of things in other areas. All give and take. Hopefully we are always learning from others.

brvereenie's photo
Mon 11/05/07 02:34 PM
Amen!!!

brvereenie's photo
Mon 11/05/07 02:16 PM
Just try to be tolerant of the people who are just coming to the realization that it is okay to be themselves instead of chameleons. There is usually a good reason people are where they are in their development, and it isn't because they are losers or wimps or wanna be's!

brvereenie's photo
Mon 11/05/07 01:47 PM
We are still talking about this topic because it is still an issue and very real. Anyone who thinks racism doesn't exist is naive or blind. People are afraid of difference, and of things they don't understand. I think it is natural to prefer things or people that/who are comfortable, but it will be nice when it ends there, i.e. when people don't look negatively on the difference - just embrace it. Will it happen this century?

brvereenie's photo
Sun 11/04/07 05:59 PM
Thanks for the pearls, everyone!! :)

brvereenie's photo
Sun 11/04/07 03:08 PM
Hey WannaB - I just recommended that book on a different post!! It is a good read. My conflict is that I felt I got the short end of the stick in regards to attention and consideration many times in lieu of the kids' needs. He saw that as me being selfish. What I was asking for was to spend a little time with him once during the week. BTY, his kids are 17, 15.

brvereenie's photo
Sun 11/04/07 02:59 PM
Wouldee, please explain your point in more detail...

brvereenie's photo
Sun 11/04/07 02:58 PM
For instance, dating a man with teenagers and seeing his difficulty in juggling being a dad and a romantic partner. I have a child, so I understand that end of things.

brvereenie's photo
Sun 11/04/07 02:56 PM
My seven year old and I have a routine. I'll say, "Hi babycakes" and he'll say, "Don't call me that!" Then I'll go down the list of Bug, Swee' Pea, Punkin', Baby Bugga Bugga, etc. By the end we are both cracking up. He wants to be so grown up, but I refuse to refrain from the nicknames! lol

brvereenie's photo
Sun 11/04/07 02:41 PM
Any pearls of wisdom on handling loyalty issues?

brvereenie's photo
Sun 11/04/07 02:30 PM
Well said, Dog and Zero!!

brvereenie's photo
Sat 11/03/07 05:48 PM
Couple of things. One: read the book, "He's just not that into you". It is really eye-opening. Two: take a good hard look at the guys that are "poofing". In retrospect, are they all similarly unavailable, emotionally or otherwise? I guess my point is to at least peek at your choices. If you are confident in that area, then it is the guys' problem. You deserve better than them!!

brvereenie's photo
Sat 11/03/07 02:12 PM
I tried match.com with reasonable sucess. We can define reasonable loosely. This chat area is pretty wild. Fun! Looking forward to getting to know some folks.

brvereenie's photo
Sat 11/03/07 02:09 PM
Ooooh, Michele - I loved what you said about friends first. But some of us have problems holding back and BREATHING, which seems to contribute to this issue we are discussing. Any suggestions on how to chill for those of us who are hot and fast? lol.

brvereenie's photo
Sat 11/03/07 01:58 PM
Dude - you need better boundaries. When you put up with all that crap, you act like you don't deserve any respect. If you don't act like you deserve to be respected, why should I respect you? I think I can imagine how you feel, though, because I have always been the one to make the extra effort, to do the nice things for my guy without reciprocation, etc. Seriously, do some reading on boundaries in relationships.