Community > Posts By > dae11x

dae11x's photo
Thu 08/07/08 03:33 PM

mad mad mad mad *rant alert*mad mad mad mad

rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated rant frustrated

I am so tired of this crap! My landlords are selling their house. Renovations are being made, forcing me to move by the end of this month. Three times this has happened this year.

I can tolerate that.

What I cannot tolerate are these discriminating bastard landlords, 90 percent of which seem to want a female tenant specifically. All day long, I look at ads on the internet, and an alarming number of them want female tenants only, regardless of the gender of the owner(s). Nowhere do I ever see the words "male tenant preferred" or "wanted: male tenant."

Anybody else detect a hint of discrimination? Sexual discrimination maybe?huh

And this crap isn't just restricted to ads. I finally find something with fair rent and acceptable living conditions (an impossibility here in Saskatoon), I look at it, tell her I want it, she tells me to call back later in the week, I do, and *GASP* now suddenly she wants a female tenant.

Give me a damn break!!!!!rant rant rant rant rant rant rant rant

Ok, rant done.
If you're looking for a place with roommates who own the place, I don't think it's discrimination for them to state they want a male or a female. But if it's just a regular apartment, then, as soxfan94 said, it's illegal.

dae11x's photo
Thu 08/07/08 03:04 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

dae11x's photo
Thu 08/07/08 01:28 PM

wow ive been on this site for how long and didnt know that i was wondering that myself --- hhhmmm thanks for the info!!!! ooohhh no not to be a stalker just to see what the heck ive responded too --- hahhahah
I started looking at mine and had to stop. I can't believe I'm THAT boring. grumble grumble grumble grumble

dae11x's photo
Thu 08/07/08 01:27 PM

Lack of responsiveness is an indication of not only boredom, but a possible lack of interest.
I think you may be right in some instances, but not all.

dae11x's photo
Thu 08/07/08 01:18 PM

i met a hot girl who is really boring to talk to (we only talk through email) what should i do? ohwell
I would try talking to her on the phone. Maybe it's just her writing style or she's reserved about saying things online.

dae11x's photo
Thu 08/07/08 01:17 PM

maybe she's just reacting to you...
Thanks, Jill. I just snorted Pepsi out my nose.

dae11x's photo
Thu 08/07/08 12:28 PM

This is a story about a couple who had been happily married for
years. The only friction in their marriage was the husband's habit of farting loudly every morning when he awoke.

The noise would wake his wife and the smell would make her eyes water and make her gasp for air.

Every morning she would plead with him to stop ripping them off because it was making her sick. He told her he couldn't stop
and that it was perfectly natural. She told him to see a
doctor. She was concerned that one day he would blow his guts out.

The years went by and he continued to rip them out! Then one Thanksgiving morning as she was preparing the turkey for dinner and he was upstairs sound asleep, she looked at the bowl where she had put the turkey innards and neck, gizzard, liver and all the spare parts and a malicious thought came to her.

She took the bowl and went upstairs where her husband was sound asleep and, gently pulling back the bed covers, she pulled
back the elastic waistband of his underpants and emptied the bowl of turkey guts into his shorts.

Some time later she heard her husband waken with his usual trumpeting which was followed by a blood curdling scream and
the sound of frantic footsteps as he ran into the bathroom.

The wife could hardly control herself as she rolled on the floor
laughing, tears in her eyes! After years of torture she reckoned she had got him back pretty good.

About twenty minutes later, her husband came downstairs in his
bloodstained underpants with a look of horror on his face.

She bit her lip as she asked him what was the matter. He said, "Honey, you were right. All these years you have warned me
and I didn't listen to you.

"What do you mean?" asked his wife.

"Well, you always told me that one day I would end up farting my guts out, and today it finally happened. But by the grace of God, some Vaseline, and these two fingers, I think I got most of them back in.
Thanks. I just about lost my lunch. laugh laugh laugh laugh

dae11x's photo
Thu 08/07/08 11:15 AM

You see that little number under your post in red? Click it on anyone who posts and you can see all their stuff.
No way! How come no one ever told us this before?

dae11x's photo
Wed 08/06/08 07:30 PM

After a couple of discussions, I think some are misinterpreting what I have said.

All I have said is that if you have a gut feeling that something is wrong and you might be in danger, you shouldn't ignore it. Dae felt something was wrong and reacted to that. And for that reason alone I think she did the right thing.

I really am sorry if the lady really needed help. And I'm certainly not saying that you shouldn't feed the hungry and help the needy. I'm not a completely heartless, stone cold, ungiving, narcissistic glutton. Yet.

YET?? laugh laugh laugh

Thanks for your support Tnxgl. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou

dae11x's photo
Wed 08/06/08 07:22 PM

I don't know......i would have given her some of what i had just bought. you were just coming out of the grocery store right?........after she left or the next day i would have came back and rebought what i just gave.

your right you never know but i don't take chances when it comes to children........i take it at face value and hope i'm erring on the side of good. JMO
I see what you're saying about it being children and them needing help, but in this instance, I decided to err on the side of caution. I don't know how to say it so people get it, but my gut told me to just say no and leave. I'm not a coldhearted untrusting person. I've given rides to strangers. I've paid for people's groceries at the store before. I give money to people when they ask for it.

I thank you all for your opinions, whether I liked them or not. flowerforyou flowerforyou flowerforyou I did what I felt was right.

By the way, I had only bought a 12 pack of Pepsi.

dae11x's photo
Wed 08/06/08 03:19 PM

dictate your sexuality?
cripes people.....do you walk like a man or woman and if so, is it correct for your gender?
OK, sexuality and gender correctness are two very different things.

But to try and answer your question, I walk really fast with long strides. Does that make me a boy or a girl?
depends if you twitch yer azz
I don't. My sister calls the way I walk "race-walking".

dae11x's photo
Wed 08/06/08 03:13 PM

dictate your sexuality?
cripes people.....do you walk like a man or woman and if so, is it correct for your gender?
OK, sexuality and gender correctness are two very different things.

But to try and answer your question, I walk really fast with long strides. Does that make me a boy or a girl?

dae11x's photo
Wed 08/06/08 03:10 PM

That happens alot in Las vegas...alot of pan-handling...It's the new thing everyone makes signs ( will work for food, I need beer money, etc. etc.) Does get old after awhile funny thing is alot of them look like they could work...You have to be careful in your situation...
The people who make panhandling a lifestyle bug me. I'm more than willing to help those who actually are down and out. But I truly believe my situation was some type of scam, maybe to steal my car.

dae11x's photo
Wed 08/06/08 12:00 PM
Edited by dae11x on Wed 08/06/08 12:00 PM

weeeeeeeeeeeee I made the list!!! laugh
I didn't. sad sad sad sad sad

dae11x's photo
Tue 08/05/08 02:56 PM

You weren't there. You aren't her. She assessed the situation and it bothered her.

I've been asked for help at a grocery store and then been robbed at gunpoint for my efforts. It happens. So, I personally wouldn't judge her harshly for it.
I'm sorry to hear that happened to you. flowerforyou

dae11x's photo
Tue 08/05/08 02:37 PM

Losing a little food would be a small price for me to pay if it was a scam, the thought of kids going hungry would have made me take a chance, I would have a hard time sleeping if I thought it was legit and I didnt help!!!!

I wouldn't have been worried about losing money or food. I'd have been worried about putting myself in danger.
Im not sure what kind of danger buying food for kids would entail, maybe them sleeping too soundly cause they had full tummies?
There are food shelves and shelters that SPECIALIZE in helping the less fortunate. I feel that: 1) if this woman were in such dire straits she would go there; 2) the community as a whole would be much better served by me donating money to a food shelf, where there is no question as to motive.

dae11x's photo
Tue 08/05/08 02:07 PM

You did what you thought was right. You had a bad vibe and it scared you off. I don't blame you.

People do use kids in scams. It tugs at your heart strings and can cause you to lower your defenses.
Yeah, I do think that is the lowest of low to use your kids for scams. I think one of the things that set me off is she said she didn't want any cash. She didn't even ask if I had some food I could give her. She only wanted me to go into the store and buy them some food.

dae11x's photo
Tue 08/05/08 01:57 PM

I'm a sucker... I would have boughten some food... but no cash
I have given cash out before, and I've also bought food for people, but the situation with this woman just didn't seem right. Like why is she wasting gas money driving around looking for food - why not go to the food shelter. And what if when I went into the store, someone vandalized or stole my vehicle?

they can vandalize it or steal it when you go for yourself
True. But the situation just seemed so odd, that it almost had to be some type of set-up.

Knowing this, I may have reacted just as you did, as I do follow my instincts.
Just like most of the folks here, I'm usually a sucker and will give out money and food. As much as I can. I can't explain why it is that yesterday I just said no and drove away.

dae11x's photo
Tue 08/05/08 01:46 PM

I have given cash out before, and I've also bought food for people, but the situation with this woman just didn't seem right. Like why is she wasting gas money driving around looking for food - why not go to the food shelter. And what if when I went into the store, someone vandalized or stole my vehicle?

they can vandalize it or steal it when you go for yourself
True. But the situation just seemed so odd, that it almost had to be some type of set-up.

dae11x's photo
Tue 08/05/08 01:41 PM

1 2 8 9 10 12 14 15 16 24 25