Community > Posts By > cuzimwhiteboy

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:59 PM
TO Feral:
flowerforyou

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/13/08 04:48 PM

In Christ's day, it was considered inappropriate to talk about oneself personally when writing. Thus, when the apostle John speaks of himself, he says the disciple Jesus loved.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I find that claim rather astonishing. Do you have any references? Thanks.

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/13/08 02:51 PM
TO Creative:

I didn't know that. Interesting stuff. drinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/13/08 02:39 PM
Responsible scholars date Matthew to the late first century after the destruction of the Jerusalem temple in 70 C.E. So Matthew wasn't written by an eyewitness. Of the 666 verses in Mark, 600 of them appear in Matthew (most rewritten but in many cases the same words and order). Both Matthew and Luke share Mark as a source material though. However, this info. doesn't go over well with an orthodox, fundamentalist Christian audience. drinker flowerforyou

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/13/08 02:20 PM

I sent all my emails and thanx for OC see what you all mean now hes a cutie xxxxx
Your doing a great job Madamx

I'm curious. Is feral or madamx piloting the ship now? :smile:

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/13/08 02:01 PM
"Do unto others..." huh. How many here like S&M? huh

Seriously, nice post. As Carl Sagan once said, "We are made of star stuff."

Peace. drinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/13/08 01:45 PM

Why is it that the only thing guys have to say on this site and others like it has to do with what we look like? Here is a hint into the world of women men! Talk to us about anything else bet our looks and that includes our bodies...We all come on here looking for something and I doubt thats its for compliments from someone who has no idea what they want! If you want to get into our panties start with our minds....Ok ladies sorry but I had to say it and I hope you don't get upset with me for but instead realize its for the best!!!

Two words for ya:

Confirmation bias.

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sat 01/12/08 06:48 PM
So people don't think I'm Cuban. huh

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sat 01/12/08 06:35 PM

oh geesh....get in line!

The one at the free clinic? happydrinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sat 01/12/08 06:30 PM

oh i got it alright! :tongue:

I think you gave it to me. noway

dammit i said be more careful!!!!

Yes, madam. May I have another? laughflowerforyou

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sat 01/12/08 06:27 PM

oh i got it alright! :tongue:

I think you gave it to me. noway

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sat 01/12/08 12:01 PM
Reading some passages in the canonical New Testament, and some teachings attributed to Jesus, I'd say government would resemble a fear-based, totalitarian regime built upon anti-individualism and anarcho-communist principles. But I guess it depends on what parts you read, and how you interpret them. huh

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Fri 01/11/08 03:06 PM
Great job! It's pronounced hollah not holler. Good luck!happy

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Fri 01/11/08 03:01 PM
Great job! If there's one thing America needs, it's more lawyers. happy

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Fri 01/11/08 01:15 PM
At least you won't pelt me with Schwetty Balls. I'll go 10 for posting so damn much. drinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Fri 01/11/08 01:08 PM

Abra:

What if the government decides that the best philosophy is the philosophy of Christianity? Then what?

That is an oxymoron if I have ever heard one... The philosophy of Christianity? laugh

Philosophy deals with logic... philosophy of religion should keep the personification of God a non topic. It does not hold logical water. When done well there is no judgemental God.

I gave Abra a charitable reading. Christian philosophy dates back to at least the second and third centuries with men like Tertullian and Origen. It's the "faith in Christ through argument" approach.

IMO, Augustine of Hippo had a huge impact. Aquinas, Anselm and William of Ockham also had a significant influence on it.

William Lane Craig, Richard Swinburne and Alvin Plantinga are some modern Christian philosophers I can think of. yawn

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Fri 01/11/08 12:36 PM
TO Abra and Redy:

I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying. drinker flowerforyou

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Thu 01/10/08 07:37 PM

feralcatlady shalom

Red stated what would be a enlightened form of govt. I may be wrong but I took this as she was meaning those who believe the scriptures.

With that said. Do you believe what you posted is biblical. That Yahshua would agree with it and condone it? Just asking.....Blessings...Miles

Could Redy have meant "The Enlightenment Period"? An intellectual movement of the 17 and 18 century C.E. that emphasized empiricism, reason and individualism rather than religious traditions or dogma to inform their political and moral philosophy.

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Thu 01/10/08 07:16 PM

I can believe that the number is correct to whom claim Christianity. But to really follow with the belief system as is meant to be? Nope. Not so many.

But...the church is on the rise. Churches are being built and being filled to maximum capacity. It is the fastest and largest group growing today.

It's even made national news.
Kat

Now, now, Kat. We don't call 'em churches. We call 'em Family Worship Centers. happy

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Thu 01/10/08 06:09 PM

Briefly whiteboy... not much...

Is it worth reading? In your opinion... isn't that Nietzche?

I recall Nietzsche advocating "biological determinism" or "naturalistic fatalism." I could be mistaken. I think "compatibilism" is the most practical notion of free will though. It should answer your questions a little better. Check it out. drinker