Community > Posts By > cuzimwhiteboy

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Tue 03/25/08 09:18 PM

Yeah!I see what U mean B~F~P.I would get banned real quick if I hung aroud this forum too long.C~W~B What's up w/the comment about Baptists.Hmmmmm!Why don't U step off w/the (nuts)comments alright.grumble

:cry:

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Tue 03/25/08 06:09 PM
If you wear pants or a skirt? Also, don't eat bananas, ice cream cones, or other phallic shaped foods. Let's keep the lustin' to a minimum folks. Mmmmkay and I thought Baptists were nuts. huh

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Mon 01/28/08 07:38 PM
TO SkepticalBrian:

IMHO, the debates/discussions aren't geared towards converting/deconverting anyone. No, I think the debates/discussions are meant for the "fence sitters", or the people who may not have really thought about the logical, moral or ethical consequences of the various truth-claims out there. While some individuals will only seek out information that confirms their beliefs, and persevere with those beliefs regardless, I'd like to believe that some people will read these posts to better understand the viewpoints of theists and non-theists. Perhaps they'll become a little more critically minded in the process. To me, that's what makes this all worthwhile. happy

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Fri 01/25/08 03:26 AM
I dunno, but they lack rhythm.

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Thu 01/24/08 06:39 PM
TO Untamed:

Thanks. I'll see if my library has it. If you're really interested in understanding evolution, Stephen Jay Gould, Massimo Pigliucci, Richard Dawkins and David Sloan Wilson are authors worth reading up on.

Good luck. drinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Thu 01/24/08 06:21 PM
I concur with Abra. I don't agree with you on certain things, but you seem well-meaning, friendly, approachable, and eager to discuss ideas. drinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Thu 01/24/08 06:00 PM
TO ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ANSWER:

How come JSH doesn't have that emoticon of the smiley face banging its head against a wall? That seems perfect for these threads.

Sorry to interrupt. Please continue. bigsmile

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Thu 01/24/08 05:44 PM

C'mon. Why should God even bother with evolution when he could quite easily use an incredibly powerful shrink ray gun on the two (or was it seven?) Seismosaurs, T-rexes, Argentinasaurs, Mastodons, Apatosaurs, Titanosaurs, etc. to shrink 'em down so they could all fit on a 450 ft boat? Any other explanation would require MASSIVE FAITH.

drinker

What a naive statement.
Why do you think there are fossils of dragonfiles with HUGE wingspans?
why is it that in the old testament people lived to extraordinary age?

Do you have any idea what the climate difference was between pre and post-flood?

like I said, this is outlined in Sylvia's book.

No. No. No. It's not "naive". It's faith. Like I've said before, in the realm of the supernatural, ANYTHING is a go!

Sorry. I missed your earlier point. Was that book by Sylvia Browne?

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Wed 01/23/08 08:27 PM
TO Abra:

I've heard of the Black Sea Deluge Theory, and that the Noah story was just a rip-off of the Epic of Gilgamesh. drinker

TO Lordling:

Yes, I'm familiar with their work. drinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Wed 01/23/08 08:20 PM
TO ANY CHRISTIAN THAT CARES TO ANSWER:

Not always, but I've been told by orthodox Christians, that they are saved by grace, and not by works. Grace implies something that is freely given to someone, and is unmerited for anything he/she does. Why is it that you must first ask for forgiveness (repent), then make Jesus your LORD (someone who has power/influence over you) to achieve (or earn?) your salvation? Doesn't that reduce your own salvation to the level of works, and NOT grace?

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Wed 01/23/08 08:02 PM

Many many things wrong with this...

Why would Noah take two of every species? God said "Take two of every kind". Why take every kind of dog, when one pair would do? Why take every kind of sauropod when one pair would do?

Anyways, I trust the following link will anwswer all of your questions.

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/faq/noah.asp

Thanks for the link. :smile:

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Wed 01/23/08 07:27 PM

C'mon. Why should God even bother with evolution when he could quite easily use an incredibly powerful shrink ray gun on the two (or was it seven?) Seismosaurs, T-rexes, Argentinasaurs, Mastodons, Apatosaurs, Titanosaurs, etc. to shrink 'em down so they could all fit on a 450 ft boat? Any other explanation would require MASSIVE FAITH.

drinker

Yeah, 'cus it makes way more sense to take adult dinosaurs rather than their 3 foot long babys.

Sure. All the 120 known species (240 or 840 total?) of sauropods were just 3 foot long babies.

It also makes perfect sense to have one 18 inch square window for a 450 ft long boat which would hold around 50,000 species of animals, and a million species of insects. No doubt eating, waste removal and care of the animals was a non-issue. Not to mention, one can actually construct a boat that size entirely of wood, have it stick together, carry all that tonnage of cargo without breaking apart, and float as well. After all, physics hadn't been discovered. But never mind that, in the realm of the supernatural, ANYTHING is a go!

It's not in the Bible, but I find that it's a much more entertaining story if I read into the story that God used an incredible shrink ray gun, put all the animals in suspended animation, used a super-duper forcefield around the ark, and placed an amazing density reduction field around the boat, so the darn thing could float. But, that's just me. happy

drinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Tue 01/22/08 06:38 PM

drinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Mon 01/21/08 06:48 PM
Just remember, it's not a lie, if YOU believe it. huh

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/20/08 02:53 PM
Edited by cuzimwhiteboy on Sun 01/20/08 02:57 PM

Cuzimwhiteboy,

Before accusing G-d of murder and evil, perhaps it would be worthwhile to study what those nations did to warrant punishment.

Its kind of like someone hearing that in 1944 the United States of America wiped out the German army brutally and relentlessly. What murderous and horrible evil people those Americans are.

In history context is everything. Study the subject well before making judgments about G-d.

So, what am I to make of this "love and compassion" in light of Bible passages espousing G-d committed atrocities, or G-d decreed murder, genocide and/or enslavement of the Midianites, Amalekites, and other Canaanites? Upon reading these Biblical passages, I question whether G-d is asking for "love and compassion" from his followers, or blind obedience and subservience. I don't think these are mutually compatible.

TO PreciousLife:

Well, I never wrote "evil", but I'll reexamine those passages. I'm not sure how the eradication of men, women, children, infants, sucklings, and at times, livestock is "warranted". And I'm not sure how killing everyone, sparing virgin girls, and making them slaves is "warranted" either, but I'll definitely keep an open mind. I might not be as learned as you on the subject, so please enlighten me and the rest of the forum.

That's an interesting comment about the USA and Germany. Perhaps you should study the subject of red herrings and straw man arguments while I'm rereading those Bible passages.

drinker

EDIT:

Hi, Creative happy

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/20/08 11:31 AM
From what I've heard, Godzilla (1998) is actually better. Yikes!

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/20/08 09:02 AM

People who hurt other people are not acting religiously. G-d is full of love and compassion and that is what He asks from all of us.

So, what am I to make of this "love and compassion" in light of Bible passages espousing G-d committed atrocities, or G-d decreed murder, genocide and/or enslavement of the Midianites, Amalekites, and other Canaanites? Upon reading these Biblical passages, I question whether G-d is asking for "love and compassion" from his followers, or blind obedience and subservience. I don't think these are mutually compatible.

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/20/08 08:19 AM
Edited by cuzimwhiteboy on Sun 01/20/08 08:20 AM

I understand your point but I question the value of any study on something so intangible and higly variable as prayer. I don't know if this is something that it is possible to do a meaningful study of... it's so subjective.

I think that the power of prayer is more along the lines of visualization and self-healing. Of course many studies have shown that placebos can have very positive effects so it seems like praying would have a positive effect regardless of whether or not there is an actual god. Also, it seems to me that prayer would have a positive effect if the family and friends were involved because that kind of support is normally helpful. To me "praying" just means focusing, it's like meditation... for me "praying" frequently means focusing my mind on all the good and beautiful things in the world. Which emhances my will to live- again I would think that would be helpful in fighting off some illnesses but "proving" it would be different.

The nature of god is obviously so very different to so many people so how could the "prayers" ever be measurable or comparable one to another?

I think studies that purport to investigate "prayer" are questionable, and raises legitimate concerns. How is "prayer" defined? Would placing stringent controls, and arbitrary limits to it alter its 'nature' or 'efficacy'. Can a quantifiable, "dosage response" to prayer even be rationally investigated as we do with pharmaceuticals? Is the experimental study design framework even a valid approach for an "intangible" and "variable" concept like prayer? How do we account for biopsychosocial factors, and their likely influence on medical outcomes? The list goes on and on. So, yes, I think one could offer a host of valid criticisms.
drinker

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Sun 01/20/08 07:54 AM

Why is there enough religion to incite war, but not enough religion to instill tolerance?

I have the perfect book for this topic! email me if you want the title.

Please share with the rest of us. Thanks. :smile:

cuzimwhiteboy's photo
Fri 01/18/08 04:37 PM
TO Spider:

Ok, let me get this straight. God created the universe. If the universe is everything that exists (I guess we're just talking physical), then space and time are properties of the universe. Time and space are coterminous, therefore God created time.

I guess it's just the logical fallacy of begging the question since the proposition you want to prove is already explicitly implied in your premise. Sorry for the misunderstanding, Spider. My mistake. Thanks. drinker

Previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11