Community > Posts By > tsw123

tsw123's photo
Sun 12/30/07 03:01 PM
hello, welcome

tsw123's photo
Sun 12/30/07 01:02 PM

Wouldee, appreciate your thoughts.

Now is the time to be well, in my opinion.

The future will mind itself, we have no control over that. It is beyond us and we are not beyond ourselves.

It seems to me that adopting such thoughts is more apt to create the peace you seek. It seems that too much inner turmoil exists when others can not allow for a difference of belief.

TSW:
Absolutely no one knows the answer to the afterlife, but believing in a higher power than humankind is not wacko, or wierd, nor does it make you a lesser person. It is actually quite comforting, and humbling.

I suppose it that comfort that leads so many to take on their beliefs. I think, for some, there is no comfort in believing that destiny is completely in the hands of a creator, whose intents and purposes are totally unknown. Therefor, many seek to answer the questions of the unknown through science without worry that the answers may compete with an otherwise unscientific doctrine.

KAT - I am not challenging you, but I would ask the same questions of you as I asked of Mcat in a previous post. You see, I sense no peace in the kind of life you portray. Unless we are stripped of our sense of adventure, our joy of learning, and our need to be useful. And if you strip all this away, as well as our sexuality and our desires then exactly how much love can be left? How much thought will be independent? Basically WHAT WOULD BE THE PURPOSE?

I did not think you were Di.

It is taught that our will are not the same. We are changed in mindful ways. I do not know for sure. So, we would not be trying to fulfill what we here do on a daily basis.

To me....if heaven could be descriptive as field of dreams...I for one could not be happier. Sex in a heavenly place would be also void. Children are not born there, but children would be there.

Sex is a moot point for me to be heavenly. Sex is not a perfect thing. Sometimes something to be left alone. It is never perfect. So why would it be in a heavenly place?

Don't get me wrong....I like sex with the right person, but never all the time.
Why would it be in heaven? It is a fleeting thing, temporary, no real value?

As for art and writing...not sure. I like my art. I paint and draw. Would I miss it? I do not know.

I love to garden though. With many gardens, I just might be in heaven.

Kat

I agree that many are not comforted by the thought of being in the hands of the unknown. I think that this may be partly due to fear of the unknown, which fuels the issue on both sides.

I certainly don't know for sure, but I don't beleive that our purpose in the afterlife is meant to be the same as our purpose in this life. Who actually 'defines' our purpose at any given time?

Perhaps afterlife is simply a state of peace or unrest, with no defined purpose. We don't want to think of anyone that we love being in a place of unrest, but that isn't something that would be in our control. The possibilites are truly endless. For many, the point is simply to have faith in something past this life, and in doing so, we realize that there are some questions to which we were never meant to have the answers.

Great discussion.

tsw123's photo
Sun 12/30/07 12:33 PM

Wouldee, appreciate your thoughts.

Now is the time to be well, in my opinion.

The future will mind itself, we have no control over that. It is beyond us and we are not beyond ourselves.

It seems to me that adopting such thoughts is more apt to create the peace you seek. It seems that too much inner turmoil exists when others can not allow for a difference of belief.

TSW:
Absolutely no one knows the answer to the afterlife, but believing in a higher power than humankind is not wacko, or wierd, nor does it make you a lesser person. It is actually quite comforting, and humbling.

I suppose it that comfort that leads so many to take on their beliefs. I think, for some, there is no comfort in believing that destiny is completely in the hands of a creator, whose intents and purposes are totally unknown. Therefor, many seek to answer the questions of the unknown through science without worry that the answers may compete with an otherwise unscientific doctrine.

KAT - I am not challenging you, but I would ask the same questions of you as I asked of Mcat in a previous post. You see, I sense no peace in the kind of life you portray. Unless we are stripped of our sense of adventure, our joy of learning, and our need to be useful. And if you strip all this away, as well as our sexuality and our desires then exactly how much love can be left? How much thought will be independent? Basically WHAT WOULD BE THE PURPOSE?

I did not think you were Di.

It is taught that our will are not the same. We are changed in mindful ways. I do not know for sure. So, we would not be trying to fulfill what we here do on a daily basis.

To me....if heaven could be descriptive as field of dreams...I for one could not be happier. Sex in a heavenly place would be also void. Children are not born there, but children would be there.

Sex is a moot point for me to be heavenly. Sex is not a perfect thing. Sometimes something to be left alone. It is never perfect. So why would it be in a heavenly place?

Don't get me wrong....I like sex with the right person, but never all the time.
Why would it be in heaven? It is a fleeting thing, temporary, no real value?

As for art and writing...not sure. I like my art. I paint and draw. Would I miss it? I do not know.

I love to garden though. With many gardens, I just might be in heaven.

Kat

tsw123's photo
Sun 12/30/07 10:22 AM
Hello and Welcome!

tsw123's photo
Sun 12/30/07 10:18 AM
Maybe the only answer to spirituality is to find and believe in that which gives you the most peace in this life. Can any one belief be more right or wrong than the other? Absolutely no one knows the answer to the afterlife, but believing in a higher power than humankind is not wacko, or wierd, nor does it make you a lesser person. It is actually quite comforting, and humbling.

tsw123's photo
Sun 12/30/07 10:08 AM
If she just broke up with her boyfriend, chances are she doesn't really know what she wants yet. Give her some space, and when you do spend time with her, skip the alcohol. You will get a better feel for what she is thinking if you are both clear headed.

tsw123's photo
Sun 12/30/07 10:03 AM
Hi Lucy,

Right next door in Burlington

tsw123's photo
Thu 12/27/07 06:31 PM

well your family has a point. my favorite teams are carolina and whoever plays duke.

Couldn't have said it better myself!!!

tsw123's photo
Thu 12/27/07 06:29 PM
GO HEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! drinker

tsw123's photo
Wed 12/26/07 05:29 AM
Well said!:smile:

tsw123's photo
Wed 12/26/07 04:59 AM
I usually move after a bad relationship. Don't think I've ever tossed out the mattress though.

tsw123's photo
Mon 12/24/07 07:49 PM
Hi, Happy Holidays!!!

tsw123's photo
Sat 12/22/07 03:59 PM
Hi, and welcome. Sorry about your loss this year. Have a wonderful Christmas!!

tsw123's photo
Wed 12/19/07 06:12 PM
Had a guy stop calling/seeing me because he said his apartment was too messy for me to see noway noway

tsw123's photo
Wed 12/19/07 01:26 PM
That was great!

tsw123's photo
Mon 12/17/07 07:27 PM
You just have to learn to ignore them. Only close-minded people still have issues with it

tsw123's photo
Mon 12/17/07 07:23 PM
There is no excuse for cheating, bottom line. If you are unhappy enough to cheat, you should have already ended the relationship

tsw123's photo
Sun 12/16/07 03:40 PM
Absolutely beautiful flowerforyou flowerforyou

tsw123's photo
Sun 12/16/07 08:10 AM
I like it

tsw123's photo
Sat 12/15/07 09:20 PM
Now that's funny!!laugh laugh laugh