Community > Posts By > mrheartfelt

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 10:35 AM

I served. USN USS AMERICA CV-66 A.B.E.

Drydocked, Norfolk Va. ( the carrier was docked 6 years)

Became a hell of a janitor!

Ahhhhh the things that they never showed on Top Gun......

(actually, I never saw the movie but, I am fairly certain that they didn't show the guys in prison issue dungarees mopping the same damned deck for 6 years)

Thankful for the guys and dolls who served. Wish my enlistment rendered more than ninja jedi janitor status and more drugs than I have ever seen in my life but, we don't get to choose our orders.

Wow, you got to use a mop? We were on hands and knees washing the deck but luckily our ships were a heck of a lot smaller than the American ships. LOL

What kinda barge Girl? I was on an Aircraft carrier. 187 jets and 5,000+ guys..in its time, it was the big one. Then the Reagan docked next to us and was about 300' longer. I heard the Kennedy was insanely big.

We don't have aircraft carriers in our military. The ships I sailed on were the Annoplis Class destroyers. We were the first women to ever sail on combat ships in the Canadian Navy. I wrote an article for a book about my experiences. Many years ago we had an carrier called the Bonaventure. All my ships I sailed on are now reefs and we finally got some new ships. I was a boatswain.

Thanks for that info. I never knew there were no carriers in the Canadien Navy. We have the Aircraft carrier Midway here as a museum here in SD. Across the Harbor from us you can find the Aircraft carrier John Stennis and I also hear the Reagan is home ported here. I go down to the harbor and see these massive aircraft carriers and see that the Midway is puny compared to those across the way.

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 10:28 AM
Replay of the game beteween Nebraska and Oklahoma in College Football. It is only on for background noise.

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 09:19 AM

What do you got going on today Carolewaving Back to work for me:thumbsup:

I have to go for outpatient lab this morning to get my coumadin checked and then schedule my outpatient therapy which is right across from the hospital.. Hate to go out... Its 25 here now, snow flurries...brrrrrr

Morning Roy, Jeff and Kristy and Mrheartfelt flowerforyou :heart:
Good Morning to you Ma'am!!!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 09:18 AM

Good morning, TxsGal.

Good Morning to you!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 09:17 AM

Yes it does daughter is moving wants to put a Big screen TV here and a Computer here and monitor. Now I have to figure how to put everything I have on this one on that one because it is a newer model. Email anyone that has done it before.

What do you have?Windows 7 or Vista. I have both books. One is Windows 7 For Dummies and Vista for Dummies. They have step for step how to change stuff from cone computer to another.

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 09:04 AM
I just read that Don Meredith, the Cowboys quarterback(he of "turn out the lights, the party's over" fame),has passed away. I will remember his unassuming ways(aw shucks !!) and his brilliant career. I am not a Cowboys fan, but he was one of my favorite players.

RIP "Dandy Don" !!!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 08:51 AM

Favorite College footbal Team? Equal Opportunity here!!!

Stanford Cardinal!!!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 08:51 AM
Favorite College footbal Team? Equal Opportunity here!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 08:47 AM

ur beautiful! welcome to mingleflowerforyou

I think so too. Welcome to Mingle!!! Watch out for these guys!! They will corrupt you and make you wish you had not asked!!!laugh laugh blushing bigsmile

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 08:43 AM

Chicago!!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 08:40 AM

Tblushing Ablushing Kblushing Eblushing N

Single but willing to crash the taken line. blushing blushing

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 08:38 AM

I just realized that I have been on here for 3 years! :banana: I don't know whether to celebrate or cry! tears laugh

Celebrate!!!! The opportunity only comes once(three years turns into six).................:smile: waving

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 08:28 AM

Cold here in Ohio tooo.. 25 right now at 10:30am...just a covering of snow but flurries.. Hate to think of going out today but need to have lab work...brrrr Keep warm all!flowerforyou

In San Diego: 50 degrees with the sun trying to make its way out. Our mountain areas two hours east of here get all the snow. I drove school buses over there to take kids to winter camp. Cutbacks have forced the kids not to go as much as they used to.Oh, but how they loved to throw snowballs. After all these were kids from the inner city. A lot of them never played in snow all their lives!!!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 07:06 AM

I don't feel so much invisible.

What gets me is, younger women think we are harmless.laugh laugh laugh

Their mistake for sure!!!!

Yep for sure!!! Their loss! I can bite if I am provoked!!laugh laugh :laugh

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 07:04 AM

coke zero (i am a diabetic)

online shopping or retail shopping?

Retail. I love getting stuff the same day?

Walmart or K Mart?

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 07:00 AM

Favorite NFL team team anyone?

San Francisco 49ers!!! Go Niners.!!! Been a fan since 1978!!!!

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 06:59 AM
Favorite NFL team team anyone?

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 06:53 AM

Soooo, so far there are 4 of us who have done 'about nothing' and ended up hooked up at least for a time that was good.

They say lightening never strikes twice, I pretty much am at work or home alone...In fact I have become such a hermit that when someone does knock on my door I about jump out of me skin!

If you heard thats song before, it describes me. If someone calls me, I celebrate.happy happy laugh

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 06:46 AM

It offends me that big business uses Holidays to convince people to buy buy buy.........and to lose the true meanings behind the celebrations

It is called "commercialization" and it has ruined the holiday and its true meaning. Giving something is the most beautiful thing, even if it only your heart. Smiles are free and the heart accepts kindness readily and without doubt.

mrheartfelt's photo
Mon 12/06/10 06:41 AM

If one hates/despises something, wouldn't it make sense to move to where it didn't exist?

We're expecting lows of 38 tonight, with highs into the mid-60s during the day. I think some people here saw snow briefly, and I remember seeing it the last around when I was single-digits old. If you don't like snow, move south!

Here here!!! I followed your advice, which is why I find myself here in San Diego. NOOOOO SNOW!!!!

1 2 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 25 Next