Community > Posts By > fireflysgirl

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 08:43 PM
Edited by fireflysgirl on Wed 05/25/11 08:44 PM

Hopefully and in a perfect world we learn from our mistakes and don't keep making the same ones over and over. Unfortunately there seems to be an endless array of mistakes we make, get one thing straight and something else comes along. I think a big part of mistakes lies in each of our abilities to be honest, to take care of ourselves as well as to be careful of others, to take care of others. If we are honest and pay attention to our 'guts' I think we make far fewer mistakes. Usually we feel bad before we make the mistake and do it anyway, how silly is that?!!

To bad we seem unable to learn from other people's mistakes!

Yeah, seems we want to and need to experience the experience for
ourselves...and there is always something.
I agree that listening to the gut can get us out of any situation.
We have intuition for a reason, most don't use it, or trust it.

I think knowing how to trust your gut is a learned thing, if you practice and pay attention you learn that it is the most reliable tool we have. I long ago learned to trust mine and totally respect it. My gut or intuition has served me well in situations from extreme danger to love and everything in between.

absolutely....we all have intuition, just using it comes in time.
It really is a very powerful and helpful tool.
It's a beautiful thing!

Yes ma'am...learned to trust mine the hard way! The place where I do yoga now has workshops to help people develop their intuition.

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 08:05 PM

I have always admired the way you've been so "up front" (no pun intended, but what the hell) about this. Whereas a lot of people would let this sort of thing devastate them and keep them from moving forward with their lives, you've taken a negative and turned it into a positive through humor and sheer self-worth.

Thank you for your excellent example!

It's good to see you back here!

flowers flowers flowers

I second this. drinker

third...glad to see you back Roberta waving

You are an amazing person flowerforyou

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 06:38 PM

shall i swab your deck?????

oh pleez, oh pleez, oh pleez!!!laugh laugh
did she say **** ?? shocked

laugh laugh

Arrr...where the first mate be? I like the cut of his jib drool

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 06:10 PM

i LOVE working out! I do it everyday. 1-3 hours. Usually its P90X in the morning. Then a 3miles jog. Then a 4 miles bike ride with my dogs next to me. Then on Saturdays, i go hiking in the woods.. And between all this i work. Or i bodyboard go fishing. I have to do something. Or i go nuts being inside all day.

I was not always like this. After high school i was preggie and got lazy. Only thing i would do was take care of my kids and clean the house. I was not active. And gained a BUTT load of weight. I topped 270. frown Then got into a horrible car wreck. During my 3 month stay in the hospital found a tumor. Became diabetic. Didn't take diabetes seriously. Thought I could drink and eat whatever I wanted..huh Not good choices. Got real sick and almost died. Decided, this is it. Live better or say good bye to my sons.

So decided to live better. As I exercised, I felt better about myself. I had a better attitude. I was happy again. I was active. Life got a lil easier. Clothes looked BETTER on me. Kept up with my sons. I am enjoying life again. I feel younger.. Sexier. Now not saying exercising fixed everything. Just made me feel i can face things stronger.

Ok my 2 cents. sowwy was longflowerforyou

WOW that is quite a story.

Yep it boils down sometimes, to live right or die.

I just started working out. I walk every day, and exercise at night. I have p-90X but I am not using it yet. I will after I get in a little better shape. I built my own bench press. I have resistance bans, exercise balls, a rebounder, jump rope, do yoga and the five rites. I have a pull-up bar but can't do that yet. Still trying. I do wall push-ups and squats.

My goal is to take off 70 pounds.

Good luck JB...I lost about 30 lbs last year...this year nada, but have gone down a size...not complaining! I am healthy and fit as I can be for my weight. I've kept that 30 off so I'll take that as progress for now bigsmile

Did 3 miles of walking with a bit of jogging today with the doggies! Anymore and I'd have to carry the little red one back she was so tired.

Will either ride the gelding or hike with dogs tomorrow...hadn't decided yet! I've noticed much more confidence and better balance with riding lately bigsmile

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 05:30 PM

I saw this online today. It says it perfectly.....

1. You Get Off: He's confident in bed. He knows what he's doing ... and if he doesn't by then, well, then he's hopeless and you don't have to waste your time trying to teach him.

2. He Knows Cool Stuff You Never Heard Of: Generation gaps can be a good thing culture-wise. He can introduce you to music and movies that are totally awesome classics.

3. He's Super Supportive: He's got a career and is secure in his work life, so he’s totally supportive of your ambitions. And probs full of good advice! Not to mention the quarter-life crisis is kinda like the mid-life one.

4. Someone Has Already "Fixed Him Up": That relationship didn’t work out. And now you can reap the benefits of nice shoes and hand towels in the bathroom.

5. He Doesn't Stay Out Late: He might be a ladies' man, but after a certain age, he's not out on the prowl every night in da club lookin' for a fresh piece. He just wants to hang with you.

6. He Knows Himself: Nobody's perfect, and by now, he understands his main foibles. So, he can even communicate them to you to prevent friction.

7. You're The Pretty One: It's shallow, but it's always nice to feel extra sexy.
8. He Doesn't Want To Be Alone: He's already hit that point when men realize they don't want to be all by themselves. Even if they intend to stay confirmed bachelors, they still want company.

9. Salt N' Pepper Hair: So hot. Sure, not every middle-aged guy has got it, but it certainly ups your chances.

10. No More Going Dutch: There won’t be that awkward pause when the check comes; he'll always take it because a man of his years makes more money. You won't even feel the slightest bit guilty.

11. He Is Going To Be This Rad Forever: Some peeps just lose their lust for life at a certain age, but your dude has still got it! He can not only keep up with your young butt, but he piques your interest. You know for sure that time doesn't slow him down. He's always willing to try new things. He's not going to turn into some couch potato all of a sudden. In another 20 years, he’ll still be l-i-v-i-n'.

Give better spankings..."old school" laugh

Oh hell yeah!!!!

Love that pic Holly flowerforyou

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 05:18 PM
ptewey...how ya'll derin?

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 01:17 PM

Honesty, commitment, love...oh and a good sex drive! Lmao I'm just sayin' hehe

I'll take honesty & good sex....you can keep the rest laugh

Lol No way, so you can have all the fun while I'm stuck with just the rest?! spock I want it all! Hehe

love & commitment just don't suit me laugh

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 01:14 PM

Roberta!
You have been missed beautiful flowerforyou

Welcome back girl flowers

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 12:40 PM
((rocknroll))

nice to see ya waving

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 12:25 PM
Edited by fireflysgirl on Wed 05/25/11 12:34 PM

While I appreciate the sacrifices the military makes for us, at the same time strongly oppose war...perhaps society has placed military personal in the 'god status'. Like I said earlier, kinda like the NBA.
The un-touchable, I can have what I want, you know you want me babay
mentality is a problem. The rules of rape don't change just because your taught to be a fighter. I do feel that teaching men, women to hate, fight, etc. can surly do a number on your head since it isn't natural to hate and want to hurt others.
However..the rules don't change..rape is rape.
You choose this life, live it with dignity. Being a soldier is no excuse to be a rapist!

I NEVER said it was!!!

Those men are trash and should be treated as such.

I agree with both of you! While it isn't right by any means it is overlooked due to their occupation! Restricting women from the military may prevent our women from being raped, but a rapist is a rapist and will find a victim or victimize given the opportunity. Being that the incidence of rape is higher in the military they should be doing something to minimize it! I don't think covering an abortion/morning after pill for a rape victim is too much to ask if she is serving our country. Maybe the should send some hookers to war with the men folk to keep them pacified...IDK the answer here. It's been happening since the beginning of time so it's an issue that will never disappear, but how to limit it is the question we should address here IMO.

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 11:49 AM

BE IMPECCABLE WITH YOUR WORD

Speak with integrity. Say only what you mean. Avoid speaking derogatorily against yourself and gossiping about others. Use the power of words only in the direction of truth and love.

DON’T TAKE ANYTHING PERSONALLY

Nothing others do is because of you. What others say and do is a projection of their own reality, their own dream. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t suffer needlessly.

DON’T MAKE ASSUMPTIONS

Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness, and drama. With just this one agreement, you can completely transform your life.

ALWAYS DO YOUR BEST

Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstances, simply do your best and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse, and regret.

Can I use this to work up a contract for the next bf in my life? laugh

Between this and some of Atlantis posts I think I'd have a good rough draft going :tongue:

You know I love itflowerforyou I'm the best me that I can bebigsmile

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 11:40 AM

older men may be past the stage of trying to impress their 'boys' in the playground of life,,,

I didn't know they outgrew these things noway

correct

men basically do not change a whole lot as they age as far as I can tell

so no, they do not become accustomed to throwing away their own beer cans

and almost always think with their lower brain unless reminded otherwise

but older men are easier to keep happy happy

serve beer, throw out cans, cook, and take care of the lower brain.......I got this laugh
laugh u obviously learn quickly!!

always have been a quick study laugh

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 11:35 AM
I ain't right in the head & don't enjoy the "you love me so you have to...add something really crazy here" game....F 'em sick

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 11:24 AM

Do you mean would we date them,

Or are they a pain or what.

I love children, and they would never stop me from being interested in someone, I wouldnt care how many he had..

I would care very much about what sort of father he was, If he bothered with them, how he was with them, how they where with him, and all of that, as how he was with his children would show me what he was like as a man..

^^this

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 11:21 AM

Because being single is a great excuse to run around having promiscuous sex with many an anonymous partner with no feelings of guilt or betrayal. noway laugh laugh

laugh laugh laugh Great man answer lion!!! laugh laugh laugh

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 07:18 AM

older men may be past the stage of trying to impress their 'boys' in the playground of life,,,

I didn't know they outgrew these things noway

correct

men basically do not change a whole lot as they age as far as I can tell

so no, they do not become accustomed to throwing away their own beer cans

and almost always think with their lower brain unless reminded otherwise

but older men are easier to keep happy happy

serve beer, throw out cans, cook, and take care of the lower brain.......I got this laugh

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 07:05 AM

this probably belongs in the relationship/dating forum but i'm not looking for pity or advice, just wondering if a significant person in your life has given up on you? where they said "I can't do this anymore," or "I can't be your friend anymore," for whatever reason. My girlfriend of two years recently told me these words and she blamed everything on me...for moving away even though I had no other choice. Frikin screwy man. frikin screwy.

what about you? ever feel abandoned?

Dozens of them have given up on me, always at the point where they finally accept that I will not allow them to change me into "somebody's dad."

Abandoned? Yeah, I suppose I've felt that way most of my life, but it's OK. In the end, I've learned it's better to be alone than to be with someone who makes you WISH you were alone.

Can't say anyone has ever given up on me, but I had to cut off all contact with my exs so I could heal because they were constantly trying to manipulate my emotions!

Abandoned...oh yes I know that feeling all too well...add being left in a lion's den of vile and toxic people on top of that! It really sucked at the time, but I am stronger for all my trials!

Just don't give up on yourself flowerforyou

Exactly. Whatever else happens, you have to maintain faith in yourself.

I've come to understand that I will never meet anyone who would value me over booze and babies, and I'm OK with that. As long as I have my writing, I can manage.

I know how you feel Lex! I always came after the booze, drugs, & crazy Mamma...luckily I was not able to have babies and didn't have to drag any children through the crap with me. I have critters & science to fill that void. I don't understand the mentality people have with relationships so I will avoid them for now & just be happy!

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 06:56 AM

some people want sex and they make term with girls only to hav sex,!
But we should remember tht sex 0nly alloud with husband and wife.!
Open sex is harmful for all And we all are should avoid and hate open sex.Open sex destroy our morality.,
Nw a days we can see many virgin m0m even they dnt knw who is the real dad of
Their children.! Children wil never knw about their dads.We knw thts ilegal sex is nt good way .its harmfull for human .Allah wil giv very in a very difficult punish .who do enjoy open sex. ilegal sex
They wil get those punishment in fierce,Its dangerously consequence punish of all. Sinner ppl,

Man wil enjoy open sex with fiery of w0man and w0man wil enjoy open sex with fiery of man. After die / succumbed
We should know wht punish has already been made frm allah (God) for us .after die us life.!
But we should remember tht sex 0nly alloud with husbnd and wife, after their marriage,Open sex is harmful for all and we all are should avoid and hate open sex,Open sex destroy our morality,But God
has created man for w0man injoy sex aftr marriage.!

wht do you need the most right now in your future life partner.?

Rock on sweetest!

This is all a crock of crap IMO! Sex is natural and required for our species to survive. Man made up those rules to control us not God or Allah or whoever you call him, but I'll save that for a religion thread!

Sex is not wrong unless we use it to be either self destructive or to harm others. Sex is sex and it feels good and should be recognized as an act of love between 2 souls whether they have a piece of paper making their union legal or not. Sex with my ex husband never felt any different after we married than before & he was a heathen/non-believer anyhow!

There is another definition of virgin birth that is greatly overlooked as well...a child born inside the birth sac and therefore, does not contact the birth canal. These are said to be born with great intuition and natural healing abilities.

Not everything is black & white and you shouldn't believe everything you are told, especially when it comes to religion!

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 06:44 AM

john bonham (zep)
dave lombardo (slayer)
bill ward (sabbath)
nick barker (COF, dimmu borgir, testament)
brad wilk (rage against the machine)
joey jordison (slipknot)
frank beard (zztop)
vinnie paul (pantera)
travis barker (blink182)
phil rudd (ac/dc)

adds:
rick allen (def leppard)
tommy lee (motley crue)
dave silveria (korn)

I think someone else has named the others I like!

Dammit! I'm adding Tommy Lee...dude is a beast on the drums. I knew I was forgetting soemone!

haha...I nearly cried sad cuz no one had mentioned him...if I could only pick one...he is the one! love That whole band has had my heart since I was like 7yo! bigsmile :heart:

fireflysgirl's photo
Wed 05/25/11 06:19 AM

john bonham (zep)
dave lombardo (slayer)
bill ward (sabbath)
nick barker (COF, dimmu borgir, testament)
brad wilk (rage against the machine)
joey jordison (slipknot)
frank beard (zztop)
vinnie paul (pantera)
travis barker (blink182)
phil rudd (ac/dc)

adds:
rick allen (def leppard)
tommy lee (motley crue)
dave silveria (korn)

I think someone else has named the others I like!