Community > Posts By > fireflysgirl

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 11:23 AM

I did years single by choice.

I had settled for less so often that when I made that leap of (relative) abstainence...I just really turned my back on the concept of really loving.

Thankfully, I do believe in hope.

No, I ain't single....and it is because I had the guts to just let go of my past and put some faith in a woman who was willing to take the chance with me.

Ain't no such thing as perfect....

Ideals are just that....Ideals.

Alot of people here will remain single of thier own volition....by clinging to non reality based standards based on "Ideals".

When people just get the guts to just throw themselves out there...and work for what they want....and chose to be happy with what life offers....and finding the true beauty in those that offer what they have....

Then, there will be far fewer single people.

But, that ain't gonna happen cause most people ain't got the guts to take a chance.

I hear ya krupa...letting go of my past so that someday I will have the guts to take a chance...work in progress!!!

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 11:05 AM

you bringing that combo on our ship?! laugh

Well of course I am laugh

One of us has to stay cute enough to keep that elephant entertained! slaphead

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 10:56 AM
Howdy ya'll waving Just me here today...with nothing planned bigsmile

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 10:53 AM

Crap. I don't have a single grey anywhere!

well salt-n-pepper isn't a stipulation to be sexy...there are many other factors to consider bigsmile

Are a pink tutu, rubber chicken and a 10-gallon hat some of them?

the hat yes, the other 2 surprised a little too fairy redneckish :laughing:

Awwwww. C'mon now. It's not like it's a rubber sheep.

what other costumes ya got? laugh

What do you mean........costumes???????????

oh my...guess I feel the same when someone asks that when I am wearing my boots and daisy dukes slaphead

You have boots and daisy dukes?? *I wanna see* :wink:

What self-respecting Texas girl lives without that combo? laugh

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 10:50 AM

Thanks people, that's given me quite a bit to think about!

Full disclosure: I have had two "friends with benefits" in the past who still remain friends, nothing more and nothing less, but without the benefits as they've found their respective Mr Rights. (And fellas; no, they weren't my FWBs or each others at the same time or place, so *that* didn't happen!)

I disagree with Navygirl who wrote:

I think if you want a FWB; just find yourself a prostitute as you clearly don't respect a person anyways.

I respected my FWBs as much if not more than my other friends; we chatted, we went out, we listened to and helped and were there for each other. That may not be the case for everybody; but wanting an FWB does not mean you automatically do not respect those people.

TattooedDude & fireflysgirl - let me know when the ship's finished! :)

Yup, the happiest times of my life were spent with friends, free of that dark stressful cloud of a relationship...Will let ya know before we set sail bigsmile

hey firefly -g'morning - let me know when u leave for Australialaugh

I guess I do disagree with the OP, and I think it is disrespectful - but honestly I would say what he had were relationships with or without the commitment - he had 2 girlfriends who left him for someone else so it may be a matter of meaning

as what I have seen of FWB - there's usually not a relationship like the one he described -I guess I have a hard time wrapping my mind around intimacy without some growth toward a relationship between partners for it to have any meaning- any thing else to me is casual sex and definitely I agree that people have to be honest about that

I also don't see a relationship as a dark cloud - if 2 people really love each other then their relationship is a place for growth, support, and freedom - as well as daily sex and showers:wink: I think the problems start when people try to control each other rather than discuss solutions in an adult manner

I know we don't agree on this topic and have had different experiences sweetest! Neither of my LTRs allowed for growth or freedom & I was the only supportive figure with either of them. Currently, my feelings about love & relationships is quite cynical to say the least! Seems like your price for loving someone is dealing with a crap-ton of senseless drunk/drug induced, crazy & likely criminal BS which is NOT at all appealing at this point in my life! Would love to experience a relationship where that wasn't the case, but for now I am not ready to be risky with my heart. I see nothing wrong with loving and respecting a friend enough to love on them if both are single and needing affection! It can be healing & allow for more trust & comfort than casual sex with a partner you don't know well.

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 09:30 AM

Where are the LOSOM members???

Urban dictionary definition for LOSOM

Anyone who is a member of the League of Sexy Old Men; an abbreviation of the title.

Someone who is cool,calm and collected in a Sean Connery kind of way.
Old dude over there is a total LOSOM... smooched smooched drool drool pitchfork pitchfork

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 09:20 AM
haha...dad use to tell me that kissing boys on the mouth would get you pregnant...not a complete lie laugh

he told me once that I'd never accomplish anything in life if I smoked pot because it kills your ambitions bigsmile This was after paddling my little sister's butt for pilfering through my chit and tattling on me noway

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 09:09 AM
yup...my momma!

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 09:07 AM

Thanks people, that's given me quite a bit to think about!

Full disclosure: I have had two "friends with benefits" in the past who still remain friends, nothing more and nothing less, but without the benefits as they've found their respective Mr Rights. (And fellas; no, they weren't my FWBs or each others at the same time or place, so *that* didn't happen!)

I disagree with Navygirl who wrote:

I think if you want a FWB; just find yourself a prostitute as you clearly don't respect a person anyways.

I respected my FWBs as much if not more than my other friends; we chatted, we went out, we listened to and helped and were there for each other. That may not be the case for everybody; but wanting an FWB does not mean you automatically do not respect those people.

TattooedDude & fireflysgirl - let me know when the ship's finished! :)

Yup, the happiest times of my life were spent with friends, free of that dark stressful cloud of a relationship...Will let ya know before we set sail bigsmile

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 07:56 AM

Luff this bastet!!! bigsmile

Morining beautiful goddesses & sexy beasts smokin

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 06:22 AM

Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it :wink:

^^one of my favorites!

"I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it." ~Maya Angelou

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 05:56 AM

You too Krupa.drinker

yup & to all flowerforyou

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 05:54 AM

From what I gather...activity partner are those looking for someone to workout, go to movies with, etc. & not expecting sex to be involved! FWB being activities + sex.

I understand your not wanting to seek a relationship so spend time in the forums to make some friends. Some are totally against an FWB & others willing to share their lives with good friends until they are ready for romance again.

intimate encounter is for those seeking NSA sex so IMO says...I don't care to know you, just gimme sex!

Basically, whatever you are looking for can be found around here.

Good luck flowerforyou

Ok I see, so you don't wanna build a ship with me? frustrated

dangit, where's my "will work for sex" sign? laugh

I have them here, will send you one in a sec...

oooh...luffs Aussie men...going to visit Josie to pick up my sign :banana: :banana: drinker drinker bigsmile bigsmile

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 05:41 AM

I saw these and wanted to share. I thought they were awesome

Nice! thanks trouble flowerforyou

fireflysgirl's photo
Mon 05/30/11 05:37 AM

A carpenter, mechanic, or musician are all nice options!

Mainly I would want someone happy with whatever he does (besides the town drunk anyhow).

Woohoo. I'm an auto-tech by profession (as you know), but I've worked a carpenter and I've played a few instruments over the years..... Aw, h3ll. I'm still a musician at heart. I have a full stack, 3 guitars and a 5-string bass in my living room right this second till I'm done building my 'band-room' and can regather all the stuff all over the house. haha

love

the perfect man does exist laugh

fireflysgirl's photo
Sun 05/29/11 11:08 PM

well salt-n-pepper isn't a stipulation to be sexy...there are many other factors to consider bigsmile

What do you mean........costumes???????????

oh my...guess I feel the same when someone asks that when I am wearing my boots and daisy dukes slaphead

fireflysgirl's photo
Sun 05/29/11 11:05 PM
Thanks! I really like my artist & he enjoyed doing that one. It was a challenge for him, but he did a fantastic job given that I was particular about how I wanted the dragon and phoenix to look!

fireflysgirl's photo
Sun 05/29/11 10:55 PM

fireflysgirl's photo
Sun 05/29/11 10:53 PM

Love it! Did u see granny hitting the gravity bong??

i liked that part too!

fireflysgirl's photo
Sun 05/29/11 10:51 PM

Perhaps I'll just go drown my sorrows with a nice dip in the pool and a return to my now cooled off condo. Life in TX is pretty damn fine!

(Although really, possums have very few sorrows!)

Sounds like a plan to me.....:thumbsup:

Think I'm gonna spend all day tomorrow by the pool bigsmile drinks

No pool this week, but look what I got

Celebrating 20 yrs with my bff!